Bristol Seafood Grill - Leawood
5400 West 119th Street
Town Center Plaza
Leawood, KS 66209Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Bristol Seafood Grill - Leawood
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bristolseafoodgrill.com/home.aspx?location_id=109
- Phone: 9136635777
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am – 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Dan Uche
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Bristol Seafood Grill is the perfect setting for your banquet, wedding rehearsal dinner, private party, business lunch or any other special occasion that demands an excellent meal and elegant setting. We offer versatile accommodations and a wide selection of menu choices for any size gathering.
- Private Party Contact: Kathy Kovach 9136635777
- Entertainment: Live jazz on Sundays from 4:30pm - 8:00pm.
- Special Events: Happy hour food and drink specials: Monday - Friday | 4:00pm - 6:30pm | Sunday | 4:00pm - 8:00pm | Available at the bar & patio.
A word from Bristol Seafood Grill - Leawood
With an indulgent menu focused on superior quality seafood, Bristol Seafood Grill crafts its dishes with exacting standards & pampers its guests in a comfortable atmosphere. Featuring a generous cellar selection, an oyster bar & creative cuisine, Bristol delivers culinary excellence at a surprising value. Open for weekday lunch, dinner & Sunday Brunch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Bristol Seafood Grill - Leawood - Best Restaurants in Leawood ›
Bristol Seafood Grill - Leawood reviews from OpenTable diners
342 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (229)fit for foodies (154)great for brunch (113)great for lunch (111)romantic (109)neighborhood gem (106)good for groups (94)notable wine list (78)great for outdoor dining (51)vibrant bar scene (46)hot spot (36)late-night find (16)kid-friendly (15)scenic view (3)Show More
- Power lunch was perfect!JohnADined on 10/28/2014We celebrated the boss' birthday here and the Power Lunch was my choice - especially after seeing that a bowl of bisque was part of it! Other chose the trout from next door in MO and reported that it was perfectly prepared. Don't overlook the salads - one diner had tuna nicoise, with a nicely generous portion of deep red tuna - another had the chicken salad and took half home for another lunch, so they're great values. Service, as always, was top-notch. Thanks much!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014This is my favorite restaurant in the Kansas City area. I have not had a bad experience in over 20 years of dinning at Bristol.Special Features:
- Another great timeradnkdDined on 10/26/2014Went to Bristol 3rd time in a 2 week visit to KC. Liked the Happy Hour menu so well that we came back for dinner. Seafood sampler was outstanding. Great weather made dining outdoors a must.Special Features:
- Brunch So EnjoyableJBS9Dined on 10/26/2014Our small group of six enjoyed Sunday Brunch at the Bristol with great service and fine food. The salmon, shrimp and tuna were wonderful, the prime rib very nice and the pecan pie the best. Other offerings did not disappoint. We were not rushed to leave and were able to leisurely sample everything that tempted us. Our only problem was that the table for six with someone at the end made moving in and out from the booth seating on one side kinda awkward as the end person had to move each time. But we were family and it worked. Also, there were a number of children at the restaurant that morning and none disruptive or at least their noise was not noticeable (good job parents!). We plan to return.Special Features:
- Surf and TurfincludingtacosDined on 10/25/2014The menu is heavy on the seafood side, that is what they are known for after all, but if you are in the mood for a great steak then Bristol serves one of the best in town. A good place for a business dinner or a date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WAS great, now goodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/25/2014Maybe I'm jaded but this trip to the Bristol was good but disappointing. We made reservations a few days in advance and were shocked by the "who cares" attitude of the hostess when I asked if we could have a booth (the place was empty of diners). Further, it appeared that my dish was plated and sat for some time. The food was acceptably warm but the sides had obviously been plated long before the fish as the fish was hot while the sides were lukewarm. In all, I think the Bristol realizes that they have a good thing going but are resting on their laurels.
- excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014I hadn't been in several years and my favorite dish was no longer offered. They made up a special for me that was like my favorite dish. It was excellent and I will definitely be back! Thank YouSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- see belowOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014We were very pleased with the food, service and the booth we were seated in. We were with friends from San Diego, Calif. and the gentleman remarked that was some of the best salmon he had ever eaten. You know fresh fish is no problem for them so I was very pleased to hear his remark.Special Features:
- ExcellentsandyDined on 10/23/2014This was the most phenominal experience at the Bristol!! The food was the best ever as was the waiter!! Thank you!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerPharmawomanDined on 10/23/2014I celebrate my birthday every year at the Bristol. I always enjoy it, and this year was no exception. The seafood is exceptional, and the side dishes are always good. We enjoyed a great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JhawkDined on 10/22/2014Great food and service. The Block Island swordfish was awesome. This was only my second visit to this restaurant, but plan on returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TalapiaMarqVIPDined on 10/22/2014If you had the lunch talapia at dinner, I would come there more at dinner time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bristol Still Has ItRichVIPDined on 10/18/2014I hadn't been to Bristols in over 12 years since moving away from KC. I visited a month ago just to see if it was as good as the restaurants in Denver where I live. It was OUTSTANDING. I was in town again this week and we decided to take my sister and her family for her birthday to Bristols. Again, it was AWESOME with outstanding service. Bristol, you still have it after all these years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent seafood.PatsDined on 10/12/2014We have been to Bristol several times and love their selection of seafood. I especially enjoy their salmon flatbread appetizer and also their yellowfin tuna. They have a nice wine list and on Sunday's a bottle of wine is 50% to 25% off. Great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/9/2014Everything was prefect! Cathy, our server was great! Food was awesome! LOVED IT and absolutely will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EntertainmentVIPDined on 10/5/2014Nice Place for brunch with group and nice selection of food. WE enjoyed it everytime ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SeafoodSwordfishDined on 10/4/2014Great treat for us to get to Bristol. We love the seafood and the staff are always on top of everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/30/2014Our food was excellent, as always. Kristine K. was our excellent server who took super care of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentladykcDined on 9/30/2014Always excellent in every way. Wonderful food with outstanding serviceSpecial Features:
- Expensive but not tasty!Foodie4evrDined on 9/27/2014I ordered the mesquite chicken it was blackened with no flavor but burnt. My potatoes were cold. Expected more out of the food for the price. Very disappointed!Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationarodfromkcDined on 9/27/2014The dessert options were wonderful. Was celebrating my husband's birthday and was very pleased with Brooke, our server and our dinners, drinks and dessert helped make it a joyous birthday outing.Special Features:
- Great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014Many thanks for the food experience. We were visiting Kansas and a local recommended Bristol. We all love the crabcakes, we could not have enough. My grilled wild salmon was juicy and tasty, one of the best I have ever had.Special Features:
- Birthday bashsidewinderDined on 9/21/2014Four members of my family joined me at the Bristol, Leawood, for a celebration of my 70th birthday. My wife made the arrangements and was able to get the small private alcove on the Northeast corner of the restaurant. We has some lovely King Estates wine recommended by James, our waiter, calamari and mussel appetizers and entrees including the trout, salmon, seared tuna and halibut. The food was uniformly excellent, and it was a memorable evening. We had key lime pie and another dessert to finish the evening and ourselves. We ate too much, but what are birthdays divisible by 10 for if not a bit of overindulgence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysGoochDined on 9/21/2014Birthday dinner for my mother-in-law was outstanding. Thank you Bristol !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch excellenceHungrydinerDined on 9/21/2014Great food and excellent service from our waiter Douglas.Special Features:
- BRUNCHlovegreen25Dined on 9/21/2014LOVELY BRUNCH -- ESPECIALLY THE OMELETS --- I WOULD SUGGEST TWO THINGS : A MORE EXTENSIVE CHOICE OF FRESH FRUIT -- & ALSO, GIVEN THE PRICE OF THE MEAL -- HOW NICE IT WOULD BE TO INCLUDE COFFEE OR ICED TEA IN THAT PRICE --Special Features:
- ExcellentAspenDined on 9/20/2014Bristols has always been our first choice in dining out when in Kansas City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful night to dineoneloveDined on 9/20/2014My wife and I enjoyed spending our anniversary with the great staff, and enjoyed the fantastic food, thank you Bristol for making our silver anniversary so wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful NigjtMiniBobDined on 9/20/2014Great food and atmosphere. We were treated very special for our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceenj1958Dined on 9/19/2014Both Laui and Dave were awesome as always. We have dined here many times and enjoy it very much. This last visit was to celebrate a birthday and they had the table decorated and provided a complimentary birthday box of cookies.Special Features:
- India Visits for DinnerKCFoodyDined on 9/16/2014We had two individuals from India in town for business and had an occasion to spend some social time with them over dinner. Our CEO and two Vice Presidents attended. We were fortunate to have a private table in the front room which was set up and ready upon our arrival. One of the India customers was a vegetarian and the waitress quickly brought a separate menu for his requirements which was unexpected but quite nice. I plan on dining there again in the future.Special Features:
- Loved it!MommaDined on 9/15/2014We went as a group celebrating a birthday occasion and they had a card made out as well as birthday confetti on the table. Customer service was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looking for OysterssandymacDined on 9/13/2014We wanted fresh oysters so we picked the Bristol. They were OK. It got noisy. Service was a little uneven, but we eventually got everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fishConcertVIPDined on 9/11/2014We love the Bristol. Service and food always good. The one negative is I think prices have risen.Special Features:
- DisappointedbeachbumsinOtownDined on 9/10/2014We picked the Bristol for our 26th wedding anniversary dinner. For our appetizer we ordered calamari which was greasy. My husband ordered the mixed grill plate for both of us which apparently the waitress was unable to hear because the restaurant was loud. I seemed to detect an attitude until she understood that we both wanted a mixed grill plate and would not be sharing. The potatoes were cold and the shrimp were over cooked. Everything else on the plate was fine except I prefer my crab cake without the shell. We also shared a side of lobster mac and cheese and that was one of the best I have ever had. I have heard such rave reviews from friends and coworkers however I was not impressed by the experience.
- Wonderful food and experienceluvshrimpDined on 9/8/2014We went here to celebrate our birthday's and the food was amazing and the service was great. My husband ordered the Grand Slam, which was tuna and asian orzo. I had the Chipotle Grilled Shrimp Enchiladas, and they are my favorite. Then we got a complimentary dessert, so we tried the Chocolate Lava Cake and the hazelnut ice cream was delicious!Special Features:
- Seared tuna a must haveMeggiefishDined on 9/7/2014We went here for our 13 wedding anniversary and love, love this restaurant. I had the seared tuna and it was cooked to perfection. I had plenty left over for another meal. The wine was also discounted on Sunday evening, another bonus. An added bonus was the free glass of champagne we received for our anniversary!Special Features:
- Great as UsualOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014Always have a good experience at the Bristol. The dome ceiling in this particular location is always entertaining, as you can hear other patrons conversations from across the room. Crab cakes are the best I've had.Special Features:
- Great BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014My vote for best brunch in KC area. Pricey but well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect DatenightNbrownDined on 9/5/2014We chose Bristol for our 3-yr wedding anniversary dinner. We got to our table and there was confetti, a candle and a special note congratulating us on our anniversary! Very sweet. We also had great service from a knowledgeable server and the food was delicious. We will continue to come here for our date nights!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.