Bristol Seafood Grill - Leawood
5400 West 119th Street
Town Center Plaza
Leawood, KS 66209Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Bristol Seafood Grill - Leawood
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bristolseafoodgrill.com/home.aspx?location_id=109
- Phone: (913) 663-5777
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am – 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Dan Uche
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Bristol Seafood Grill is the perfect setting for your banquet, wedding rehearsal dinner, private party, business lunch or any other special occasion that demands an excellent meal and elegant setting. We offer versatile accommodations and a wide selection of menu choices for any size gathering.
- Private Party Contact: Kathy Kovach 9136635777
- Entertainment: Live jazz on Sundays from 4:30pm - 8:00pm.
- Special Events: Happy hour food and drink specials: Monday - Friday | 4:00pm - 6:30pm | Sunday | 4:00pm - 8:00pm | Available at the bar & patio.
A word from Bristol Seafood Grill - Leawood
With an indulgent menu focused on superior quality seafood, Bristol Seafood Grill crafts its dishes with exacting standards & pampers its guests in a comfortable atmosphere. Featuring a generous cellar selection, an oyster bar & creative cuisine, Bristol delivers culinary excellence at a surprising value. Open for weekday lunch, dinner & Sunday Brunch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Bristol Seafood Grill - Leawood - Best Restaurants in Leawood ›
Bristol Seafood Grill - Leawood reviews from OpenTable diners
367 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (251)fit for foodies (167)great for brunch (123)great for lunch (120)neighborhood gem (119)romantic (114)good for groups (113)notable wine list (89)vibrant bar scene (57)great for outdoor dining (53)hot spot (45)kid-friendly (20)late-night find (15)scenic view (4)Show More
- Wonderful mealDeeLeeDined on 11/23/2014The food was very good and so was our server. It was our daughter's birthday and she enjoyed her free dessert, Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EntertainmentEntertainmentVIPDined on 11/23/2014The best brunch in Kansas City and the service is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bagels are back!!!Sheltie3Dined on 11/23/2014Love having bagels back. Smoked salmon was an extra plus but on a raisin bagel was a little strange.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was supurbKCBluesAndFoodVIPDined on 11/21/2014DaMissus and I dined at Bristol Friday night. It was "date" night and we wanted a little romance. Fantastic night!! We had our waiter, Scotty, suggest wine pairings. They complimented each course. A bubbly St. Michel with the oysters, a just right cab with my Ahi Tuna and a nice white with my wife's scallops. The combination of good food, exemplary service and the best woman a man could have...........can't improve on that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/20/2014Nice setting. Great seafood. Good servcie but was crowded so staff did not seem to be stretched. Good wine list. would recommend for a business meeting.Special Features:
- Bristol LeawoodMcCandSDined on 11/19/2014First time at Bristol Leawood. Great food...we had the mixed seafood grill with a cup of clam chowder for my wife and I enjoyed a cup of the creole gumbo. Our server, Scott, was excellent. He provide menu advice and very prompt service, ensuring we wanted for nothing. We will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DutchDined on 11/18/2014The fish is always fresh, Good selection and perfectly preparedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Birthday DinnerPharmawomanDined on 11/16/2014It is our tradition to celebrate birthday dinners at the Bristol. This year was no exception, and the food and ambience were outstanding as always. Our entree dinners were delicious, and our shared birthday dessert, carrot cake, was incredibly good! Thanks for a fun birthday celebration!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every Time is WonderfulflagirlVIPDined on 11/16/2014It has become our new, much looked forward to, Sunday Tradition ~ Brunch @ Bristol Leawood! The food is impeccable- so many different choices & for many varying palates. Bristol Leawood hits them All. I adore the smoked fish board! Oddly enough, it's also the accoutrements that go along with those tasty delicacies- I so love to indulge in--precisely, the deepfried, crispy, crunchy, amazingly flavored caper's! They have a savory, smokey seasoned & seared Ahi tuna which is awesome! Honestly, what really blew both my husband & myself away though was how truly GOOD the boiled shrimp are here! We are from Fl! Having just moved here, I never expected to be indulging in shrimp this good. Wonderfully prepared, one can tell they know how to cook shrimp, bc the texture & doneness is perfect! Our profuse Compliments to the Chef! Last week we had the distinct pleasure of being introduced and talking with Pete, the manager. He was so kind & friendly as this is just another reason why Bristol can't be matched! Such wonderful staff & employees! The waffle bar is the all time fav of my hubby's. He anticipates having a plate of delicious Sunday Brunch Bristol waffles all week! Another preference for me is a sweet glass of complimentary pineapple juice (my husband likes the oj) & we order them every time & really do savor each sip along with our meals! They have a gorgeously appointed bloody mary bar, but I prefer my vodka (Stoli) on the rocks. I will say, I appreciate (& utilize) the readily available cayenne pepper shaker on the bar to heat up for my many savory chilled dishes! There is also an omelet station, prime rib & ham station, & the dessert table is truly sinfully delicious! How surprising & wonderful to find such sweet, chocolate dipped strawberries! Kudos to the restaurant for procurring such exemplerary treats! Will be out of town holiday traveling next few weeks & our Bristol Sunday's will be very missed! See you Dec 14!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above and beyond!MorrieCVIPDined on 11/15/2014Our server, Edgardo, anticipated oue every need and made my first visit to The Bristol a fantastic one. We will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was very good.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014The food was very good and well made. It was a meal worth remembering. The only thing I could find fault with the place was the noise level. It seemed loud all night long. Other than that, we had a wonderful time... The table was set quite perfectly for our occasion. We so enjoyed seeing it all ready for our event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bristol is my favorite restaurant!DeniseALDined on 11/14/2014If, like me, you aren't a fish lover, the chicken and steaks are fantastic. I highly recommend the chicken penne pasta and the filet mignon. Bristol has the best bruschetta I've ever had, and the carrot cake is beyond compare. I've even has managers from other restaurants tell me that Bristol's carrot cake is the best .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/14/2014Great selection of fresh fish, plus the sides are almost, if not more, exciting. I'm always surprised when we travel somewhere and see a Bristol's, because we have come to think of it as one of our favorite local restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MenukarenaxVIPDined on 11/14/2014Menu was excellent. Salad/soups/suchi and fish and chips were all excellent and timing was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AS ALWAYSALWAYSVIPDined on 11/13/2014Bristol continually offers best seafood in town, oysters are always fresh, always plump, DELICIOUS. Everything about The Bristol is five star. Had a sub-par waiter andI still had to give him four stars. They are doing the right things at the bristol.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodArtrVIPDined on 11/12/2014You can always count on having a great meal and excellent service. It is one of my favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice bar area and seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/11/2014Very good selection of oysters and frsh fish. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DELICIOUS.ALWAYSVIPDined on 11/10/2014Best seafood in town. Served very hot or well chilled. For a special treat add a bowl or cup of clam chowder to your entre. Love this place. Get there at least once a week.Special Features:
- Always great and dependabledinneroutVIPDined on 11/9/2014As always, the selection held something for everyone in our party and the preparation was superb. The experience was another example of why The Bristol is always at the top of our list when choosing a place to dine out.Special Features:
- Delightful BrunchLaineydDined on 11/9/2014Bristol in Leawood as well as their downtown restaurant have amazing brunches. This time we went to the Leawood location. The food choices are many, the buffet has selections of both hot and cold foods, a carving station, omelet station, waffle station and desserts; plenty of choices for the most discriminating pallet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding servicecarpenter813Dined on 11/8/2014Our server, Michael, was very knowledgeable of the menu and helpful with questions that we had. He was attentive but not crowding. We have 2 small children so it is rare for us to go out to a nice restaurant and we really enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:
- Sisters' DinnerluvitDined on 11/8/2014My sister and I, along with our husbands had a great dinner, with wonderful seafood, a great wine selection, and a huge piece of carrot cake. A great time was had by all! Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Midweek DinnerBristolFanDined on 11/6/2014Great dinner with friends. The food was outstanding, loved my lobster! Our server was Excellent! Would recommend Bristol anytime!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum BristolTapasDined on 11/6/2014EXCELLENT food and service. The Tilapia is FABULOUS!!!!Special Features:
- great seafoodOPgirlVIPDined on 11/5/2014I love the panko shrimp with cole slaw and fries. We had 12 in our group and service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- QualityEat2liveDined on 11/4/2014High quality food, great service, reasonable price point and excellent variety. Comfortable chairs, excellent pace of the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MenuopentabletimefortwoDined on 11/3/2014On the menu on the website they had listed walleye. So I was ready to order walleye, but it is not on the menu. Not a good beginning for the waitress and us. We ordered something else and it was very well prepared, but it was not walleye.Special Features:
- Special treatJallanDined on 11/2/2014We always enjoy eating at the Bristol. This time was for a wedding anniversary. Food is always good and the selections are great. Service is outstanding. We recommend this to our friends.Special Features:
- Joined In Our CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/1/2014We went for our 3rd anniversary celebration, since it was the restaurant where my husband proposed. We included the fact that it was our anniversary in the reservation and the Bristol staff was more than accommodating. The hostess and all of the wait staff personnel wished us a happy anniversary and the table was set with heart confetti and a hand-written note. They offered us a complimentary champagne toast and promptly changed it to complementary dessert when they learned they we didn't drink. Thanks for making our evening quite special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Liked It A LotKCduoVIPDined on 10/31/2014We decided to celebrate a little and the Bristol had sent us a $20 coupon. We had the Mahi Mahi and the Maple Plank Roasted Salmon. Both meals were fantastic. At first, I thought that I could not finish the Mahi Mahi. However, I could not stop until finished. My wife's salmon had just the right taste of sweetness with the maple flavor. We paired these with our favorite White Conundrum from the Wagner Wine selections.Special Features:
- Can't go wrong with Bristol's!EdnaDined on 10/31/2014The food, the service, and the friendliness of the staff are as good as it gets here. I took my husband to Bristol's for his birthday lunch and could not have asked for a better dining experience. Our server, Michael G, was so helpful to us, and always there when needed but never fawning or interrupting. The food itself was simply the best meal we've ever had in Kansas! We moved here from Washington State several years ago and we know and like good seafood. Bristol's brings it in spades. Thank you so much, Bristol's, for making this such a wonderful dining experience. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday delight....kcfoodieDined on 10/30/2014As a birthday guest, my hubby enjoyed a yummy lobster tale dinner and a scrumptious apple dessert. The table was decorated, the service was perfect and it was a great birthday dinner......they never let you down!Special Features:
- A 12 year patronAJjrVIPDined on 10/30/2014Excellent offerings and always consistent. A little on the pricey sideSpecial Features:
- Lunch at the BristolfoodmavenDined on 10/28/2014Overall, a lovely experience. The Power Lunch Lobster Melt selection was disappointing and the salad I chose was too heavily dressed (forgot to have dressing on the side). Nevertheless, the server made up for what was lacking and perhaps I could have done a better job in my choices. The menu is so broad that there is always something wonderful to enjoy. I'm looking forward to the next time I'm there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Power lunch was perfect!JohnADined on 10/28/2014We celebrated the boss' birthday here and the Power Lunch was my choice - especially after seeing that a bowl of bisque was part of it! Other chose the trout from next door in MO and reported that it was perfectly prepared. Don't overlook the salads - one diner had tuna nicoise, with a nicely generous portion of deep red tuna - another had the chicken salad and took half home for another lunch, so they're great values. Service, as always, was top-notch. Thanks much!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014This is my favorite restaurant in the Kansas City area. I have not had a bad experience in over 20 years of dinning at Bristol.Special Features:
- Another great timeradnkdDined on 10/26/2014Went to Bristol 3rd time in a 2 week visit to KC. Liked the Happy Hour menu so well that we came back for dinner. Seafood sampler was outstanding. Great weather made dining outdoors a must.Special Features:
- Brunch So EnjoyableJBS9Dined on 10/26/2014Our small group of six enjoyed Sunday Brunch at the Bristol with great service and fine food. The salmon, shrimp and tuna were wonderful, the prime rib very nice and the pecan pie the best. Other offerings did not disappoint. We were not rushed to leave and were able to leisurely sample everything that tempted us. Our only problem was that the table for six with someone at the end made moving in and out from the booth seating on one side kinda awkward as the end person had to move each time. But we were family and it worked. Also, there were a number of children at the restaurant that morning and none disruptive or at least their noise was not noticeable (good job parents!). We plan to return.Special Features:
- Surf and TurfincludingtacosDined on 10/25/2014The menu is heavy on the seafood side, that is what they are known for after all, but if you are in the mood for a great steak then Bristol serves one of the best in town. A good place for a business dinner or a date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceHappygiirlDined on 10/25/2014The Bristol and our server Dustin made my 40th birthday very special! The atmosphere, the service and the food made my day something to remember! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.