Bristol Seafood Grill - Leawood
5400 West 119th Street
Town Center Plaza
Leawood, KS 66209Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Bristol Seafood Grill - Leawood
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bristolseafoodgrill.com/home.aspx?location_id=109
- Phone: 9136635777
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am – 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Dan Uche
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Bristol Seafood Grill is the perfect setting for your banquet, wedding rehearsal dinner, private party, business lunch or any other special occasion that demands an excellent meal and elegant setting. We offer versatile accommodations and a wide selection of menu choices for any size gathering.
- Private Party Contact: Kathy Kovach 9136635777
- Entertainment: Live jazz on Sundays from 4:30pm - 8:00pm.
- Special Events: Happy hour food and drink specials: Monday - Friday | 4:00pm - 6:30pm | Sunday | 4:00pm - 8:00pm | Available at the bar & patio.
A word from Bristol Seafood Grill - Leawood
With an indulgent menu focused on superior quality seafood, Bristol Seafood Grill crafts its dishes with exacting standards & pampers its guests in a comfortable atmosphere. Featuring a generous cellar selection, an oyster bar & creative cuisine, Bristol delivers culinary excellence at a surprising value. Open for weekday lunch, dinner & Sunday Brunch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Bristol Seafood Grill - Leawood - Best Restaurants in Leawood ›
Bristol Seafood Grill - Leawood reviews from OpenTable diners
356 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (249)fit for foodies (149)great for brunch (132)great for lunch (127)romantic (111)neighborhood gem (109)good for groups (98)notable wine list (76)great for outdoor dining (58)vibrant bar scene (53)hot spot (30)kid-friendly (16)late-night find (15)scenic view (5)Show More
- YummyJuliMcGVIPDined on 8/31/2014Yummy way to celebrate two special birthdays. The Bristol took amazing care of us down to the Happy Birthday's on the table to comp'ed desserts for the birthday goers. Everything was spot on as usual. Must try the heirloom tomato salad as the basil ice cream was to die for! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Incredible Brunch.HudmanDined on 8/31/2014We brunch on Sun a lot, and Bristol continues to have the best menu, ambiance, and class. And if you enjoy seafood, it's a no-brainer.Special Features:
- Fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014I've been dining at Bristlol from when they were on the Plaza & i've never been disappointed! The seafood is fresh and expertly prepared. The best seafood restaurant in KC! Love, love, love Sunday Happy Hour & music!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrate!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014We love to celebrate special occasions at the Bristol as well as just a lunch or dinner on a whim.Special Features:
- First experience, not the lastOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014Flavorful, generous portions, cooked just right. Surf and Turf with Jumbo Lump Crab Cake with two sides plenty for a smaller appetite. Seafood Mixed Grill satisfies the larger appetite. Zucchini, corn, tomato, basil ragout a tasty treat. Attentive service. Nice choice for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as usualPokergirlDined on 8/28/2014Love everything about this restaurant!!!! From the selection of fish on the menu, to the delicious food, to impeccable service, the Bristol is always outstanding!Special Features:
- very knowledgeable waitermidlifemomDined on 8/23/2014Food was good; waiter was very knowledgeable about the menu. Fresh fish is flown in daily; therefore, the menu changes daily. We had the lobster bisque, crab cakes, and swordfish. All were excellent.Special Features:
- RichDined on 8/22/2014I have not been to Bristol in 10 years because I now live in Denver and was just in KC to visit. I was very impressed it was still a great seafood experience. Out waiter was outstanding and the food was perfectly prepared.Special Features:
- Birthday LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/22/2014Great table décor and card, the Bristol being a tradition with my friend and me. It was VERY noisy, however, which I had never noticed before. I was very disappointed in my toasted sandwich w/bacon and avocado, not sure what the meat was but it was not good, but worse, the toasted bread was burnt and still tasted it when I warmed up the other 1/2 for supper. Fries were awesome - hot out of the fryer, and of course carrot cake is to die for. Overall it was a decent experience, but the noise level and then the burnt toast (and mystery meat)... I was not going to complain, but since you asked..... next time will be better........Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too NoisyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/18/2014Business dinner. So noisy that no one at the table could hear anyone else speak. Would not recommend for a business meeting.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014We had a great experience celebrating our wedding anniversary. The food and service was outstanding. Our server Luke, went out of his way to make a very memorable evening! We had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bristol Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2014Purpose of my visit was Sunday Brunch, arrived 10 mins. prior to reservation, although there were people waiting, we were seated within 5 mins of arriving. The variety of foods available for Brunch were numerous. Service was excellent. The hot food buffet, food could have been warmer, other than that food tasted great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/10/2014On this occasion celebrated my daughter's 40th birthday and 14 y/o grandson accompanied us. This was his first time at the Bristol and first time experiencing brunch. We had a wonderful time and enjoyed the food as well as atmosphere. My daughter and I are BIG fans of the Bristol and have dined there for lunch as well as dinner and special occasions. Our server was very attentive as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchCathyoDined on 8/10/2014Lots of choices and very tasty items! Fabulous deal on Bloody Marys and MimosasSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bristol FansIndepTemptationDined on 8/9/2014For many years now, whenever we need a place to celebrate a special occasion and satisfy our seafood cravings, we think of The Bristol in Leawood. Although the prices and the noise level seem to have increased through the years, the food, service and ambiance have remained constant. We live in the eastern part of the metro, but never hesitate to drive across town to dine here. The noise level is a deterrent for a romantic dinner or a dinner meeting, but a couple of private rooms are available that provide a more intimate setting. We always enjoy the Happy Hour specials and entertainment. We appreciate having a choice on the complimentary birthday dessert, and they're all wonderful! Be sure to sign up for online specials/ promotions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster Mac and CheesetoptrailhorseDined on 8/9/2014I am on a quest for the best Lobster Mac and Cheese in KC. I got the lunch-size plate for dinner and paired it with grilled asparagus. I enjoyed it! Very good. Now on to the next...Special Features:
- Dinner at BristolPattiMDined on 8/9/2014As always we thoroughly enjoyed our evening and dinner at the Bristol. Food is great, service was fantastic. We'll be backSpecial Features:
- Outstanding.KCGuyDined on 8/9/2014Terrific Alaskan Halibut on our Anniversary dinner. The Strawberry Shortcake also delectable. A bit noisy in the Leawood Room.Special Features:
- Very Good SeafoodfoodguruDined on 8/8/2014Recently took my wife here for her birthday. Food was very good. Pricey but tasty. Portions could be a bit larger. Service was great, with the exception of the dinner roll lady. She frowned and didn't acknowledge anything we said. Our "thank yous" were not answered at all. Perhaps she didn't speak English and has yet to learn the phrase "you're welcome". Our Server Chad was very good and seemed to knowledgeable. Food was cooked excellenty, although I found the mussels sauce to be a bit loose. Perhaps that is the way they choose to prepare it.I would definatelty return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bristol by the seaClintonODined on 8/7/2014With such fresh seafood offerings you would think this restaurant was parked on the end of a pier. Well, guess what? It's located in Overland Park, KS. I frequently visit both east and west coasts and don't think I have found a restaurant with as large seafood offering and so exquisitely prepared. From the minute you walk in you are treated like royalty and if you leave hungry its your own damn fault! We celebrated a significant birthday milestone lunch for my wife and it just set the tone for the balance of this wonderful day. I consider the New England Clam Chowder that I make from the clams that I harves in CT to be the best. I always get humbled when I eat their chowder! One of my favorite places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mikeyDined on 8/7/2014Good food at reasonable price. Excellent service at door and at table.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014good food--good ambiance--good service. I'm glad we chose the Bristol.Special Features:
- Great place to close the dealReasons4SeasonsVIPDined on 8/5/2014I really like Bristols. The dining is superb. An alternative to the loc on a business adventure. Highly recommend if you want to close a deal on the business and enjoy fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightNbrownDined on 8/3/2014Fast and friendly service. Our food was exactly as we ordered it and was delicious! We love this restaurant and we will be back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Spying Tops!greatamericantrainsDined on 8/3/2014Food was excellent, and when you come from an area that has absolutely no restaurants, you appreciate that. We especially enjoyed the cold selections of salmon, tuna, shrimp, and various salads. We thought the restaurant would have been more crowded, so made reservations, but it was a rainy day which undoubtedly kept people in. The main dining-serving area is topped by a scenic dome, which serves to focus sound from the table directly opposite, so even though they are 30 feet away their conversations appear to sound "up close and personal". Sheldon (from "Big Bang Theory") would love the physics involved!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SUNDAY BRUNCHConcertVIPDined on 8/3/2014Had a very nice brunch with the family after church on Sunday. Th food and choices are excellent!Special Features:
- Missing Chocolate BowlOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/3/2014I have been to brunch at the Bristol many times. Always appreciate their birthday club which offers a free item on our birthdays. The food is good, the brunch selection does not vary much. One thing that did change is that they removed the bowl of melted chocolate from the dessert bar. This was one of my favorite parts- the ability to pour chocolate over items. Please bring back the chocolate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!AtroDined on 8/2/2014The freshest fish in town is certain! The crab cakes are to die for! The waitstaff is exceptional, polite and attentive. I would recommend this for any seafood lover and save room For dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FishLuvgoodfishDined on 8/1/2014At this Bristol location the fish is over cooked. Everything else about this restaurant is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!billgreen3Dined on 7/30/2014This is my favorite restaurant. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keith reservation 7-27-14OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014Brunch was great, service great ... I appreciate that my mom's 75th Birthday was acknowledged the table confetti was a fabulous touch ... thank you! I would recommend to others as would return for future events ... our entire party enjoyed the morning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Sunday brunch anywhereCathydDined on 7/27/2014We always have Sunday brunch at Bristol when we are in kc for the weekend. The food is fabulous and the service is great. Can't wait to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014The Bristol is our favorite restaurant and has been for 30 years or more.Special Features:
- Great Restaurant in NeighborhoodNutmegDined on 7/26/2014When making this reservation for a small group of older ladies, I requested a quiet area if possible. We were given a small semi-private room which was quiet. This helped us hear each other better. Our server was friendly and helpful. The only problem I encountered was that I needed to add a person to the reservation and could not figure out how to do that online. I had to call the restaurant. The Bristol is a favorite of ours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome PlaceBristolFanDined on 7/25/2014My wife and I have been coming to the Bristol (former Plaza location, downtown and Leawood-our favorite) for 25 years. In fact, I proposed to my wife at the Bristol. We enjoyed a fabulous dinner and received excellent service. The Copper River Sockeye Salmon was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not just for fish loversDeniseALDined on 7/25/2014I am not a big lover of fish, yet Bristol is my favorite restaurant in the entire area. The bruschetta is beyond amazing (ask for a little cup of balsamic reduction to go with it). The chicken and steak entrees are fabulous. The Caesar salad is fantastic, and I dare anyone to find a better carrot cake. Even a manager at Outback Steakhouse, told me that although theirs is good, Bristols is better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/23/2014It took exceptionally long to receive main entry. Our server comped us dessert because of the long wait. She offered we didn't complain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & serviceAspitoVIPDined on 7/20/2014What a nice surprise. Our meal was fantastic! Crab cakes were recommended by our waiter and they were delicious. Halibut was perfect, service was exceptional. Keith was our waiter and he did a fantastic job!Special Features:
- Very nice, but with a priceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/20/2014Great fish, as we expect at Bristol. My son's steak was unremarkable but still good. The price was tough to take. Three people for $160. Great for something special but price keeps us from returning often.Special Features:
- It was a happy anniversaryletsgodineDined on 7/20/2014We decided to try Bristols instead of our usual plaza stop. What a pleasant surprise! The atmosphere was very nice and it was happy hour, and they had a jazz band playing. The seafood was very fresh,the waitress recommended the yellow fin tuna,and it was excellent. I would also recommend you try the crab cakes. The only negative part of the whole evening was where we were seated. It has a round dome in the middle and you can hear people talking from across the room! The next time we are there we will request seating in the east room, but overall a very pleasant experience and mywife loved the carrot cake.Special Features: