Bristol Seafood Grill - Kansas City
51 East 14th Street
Kansas City, MO 64106Neighborhood:
KC Power & Light District
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Bristol Seafood Grill - Kansas City
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bristolseafoodgrill.com/home.aspx?location_id=162
- Phone: 8164486007
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Travis Napier
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Happy hour food and drink specials: Sunday - Friday | 4:00pm - 7:00pm. Available in the bar and on the patio only.
A word from Bristol Seafood Grill - Kansas City
With an indulgent menu focused on superior quality seafood, Bristol Seafood Grill crafts its dishes with exacting standards & pampers its guests in a comfortable atmosphere. Featuring a generous cellar selection & creative ocean fare cuisine, Bristol Seafood Grill delivers culinary excellence at a surprising value. Open for lunch ($12 - $25) & dinner ($15-$35).Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Bristol Seafood Grill - Kansas City - Best Restaurants in KC Power & Light District ›
Bristol Seafood Grill - Kansas City reviews from OpenTable diners
248 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (168)fit for foodies (121)romantic (100)notable wine list (90)good for groups (83)great for outdoor dining (66)great for brunch (54)neighborhood gem (52)great for lunch (48)hot spot (47)vibrant bar scene (39)late-night find (19)scenic view (14)kid-friendly (8)Show More
- Disappointed at BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/19/2014I had expected the Bristol brunch to be a forgotten gem. It was not. I get the impression that it is simply tired. The service was so disinterested we only saw our server when we waved him over taking him away from visiting visiting at the bar with other servers. That would be the food bar that was so poorly managed it was nearly out of what was an odd selection of foods. Sorry Bristol. I have been a loyal fan for years but when chicken wings and enchiladas show up on the brunch table and the cold table didn't even have a salad to offer. I have to sadly say you've gotten tired and lost your way.
- Brunch in Mini portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014I met 6 ladies for brunch. Everything was delicious and a lot of the main brunch staples were miniature. Getting to have a little bit of everything without overeating was a blast. Each bite was enjoyable. Service was excellentSpecial Features:
- Always unbelievableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014They never cease to amaze. Great food! Great drinks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousJrenaeDined on 10/17/2014As always the food was top notch as was the service! I'm in love with their bar and outdoor area. Weather was perfect for a fall Friday night and sitting outside was beautiful. They had a great one man band playing in the bar, so it was hard to choose, but outside won. You can't go wrong.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014The food and service was fantastic! I found the restaurant to be a bit dark, a little tough to read the menu (we had dinner at 5:30 on Tuesday night). Overall - all very good, and I'd be back for lunch or dinnerSpecial Features:
- great for date nightfoodie85Dined on 10/12/2014Great food and service one of my favorite restaurants downtownSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food vs. ServiceStephanieDined on 10/12/2014Great food is best when accompanied by fabulous service; the two go hand in hand. Our server could have used a refresher course on prompt table service. The lack of keen sense of awareness to our table needs was rather apparent and made for a less than perfect experience. When you don't have to serve the food, how hard is it to ensure the drinks are kept full and used plates removed? Upon our second table side order of fresh waffles, no additional syrup was provided or even checked on. Our table consisted of two adults, and 16 and 14 year olds (young ladies). A very conservative table, just out for a rare treat to enjoy brunch before attending the Mama Mia event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chuckDined on 10/11/2014Never had a bad meal, great service as usual. Would do it againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Lobster Bisque was awesome. For entrees, we had lobster tails and scallops - both were very good. The cheese grits with poblano peppers were delicious as a side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellenceTeaylovDined on 10/9/2014Excellent preparation of fresh seafood! Attentive server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Downtown SpotnonicknameDined on 10/7/2014Love The Bristol, we live close by and only wish I could eat there more often. Service is always great, food very good. Weather was perfect for patio dining and enjoyed being outside and watching the Power & Light District street activity.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/4/2014We have enjoyed the Bristol for many years, We always enjoy their excellent fish and interesting side dishesSpecial Features:
- Drink with caution!UrbandwellerDined on 10/3/2014Coworker and I went in for our regular lunch. Terrible from the beginning. Online menu wasn't updated with available fish. Had our hearts set on Atlantic salmon only to find it was missing. Then, the bottom of my glass broke off when I took a drink sending water pouring down all over me and the table. Then, my sandwich bread was blackened to the point of not being edible. Why they served this to me is beyond me. No comps for the water situation--just an explanation that this has happened before... Come to find out it has happened to two of my friends.
- ImpressiveKimGDined on 9/29/2014I made a simple reservation for business colleagues and the Bristol surprised us by providing a private room for our small group. Food was impeccable, all dishes were prepared very well. The carrot cake is outstanding!Special Features:
- we wii be backgreatDined on 9/27/2014The food was all perfect. We had the seafood combo. And the scallops. Outstandingly good. Good portions. The service was really great. We Wii be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nonicknameVIPDined on 9/27/2014We dined here on a lovely Sat night and were fortunate enough to get a table outside. We started with the duck flatbread just to try something different and we really enjoyed it-such a delicious combination of flavors. I had cobia and my companion had skatewing. Both were delicious and the sides were excellent. He really likes the vegetable ragout. They have several nice wines by the glass and two sizes of pours, so it gives you lots of options without buying a bottle. Service was professional and friendly. They have valet parking which makes it easy.Special Features:
- OverpricedBillybanks33Dined on 9/26/2014Overpriced crab meal ,chicken had a lot of fat on it . $130 tab with no dessert , no appetizerSpecial Features:
- Bristol Grill Kansas Cityrjame350Dined on 9/26/2014We had a great time. The best server we have had in years. Jeremy was fantastic. Food was delicious, as usual. The drinks were good. Very nice special occasion, relaxing dinner.Special Features:
- General ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014Great food, great service. Only critique is the online menu needs to be updated - Chipotle grilled shrimp enchiladas are on the online menu (as of 9/25/14) but were not on the menu at the restaurant.Special Features:
- Good SeafoodBristolDined on 9/23/2014Very good seafood. Appetizers, soups and entrees were all very tasty and fresh.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun AtmosphereBJS19Dined on 9/20/2014The Bristol was a perfect place to celebrate my husbands birthday. We enjoyed the atmosphere and for the most part our food. He ordered oysters and I will say that we were somewhat disappointed with the flavor of them and the size of the oyster for the price. Our food was nice and they did a great job of making us feel welcome for my husbands birthday. However, our waitress was less impressive. She seemed to have many tables and we waited quite a while on our bill and on being served. I often had an empty water glass as well. But overall it was a nice experience.Special Features:
- awesome dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014the food is always amazing... just wish you got more. I have an appetite and eve though it is always amazing I could eat 2 of my dinner plates.Special Features:
- Great 1st experienceSurprise40Dined on 9/19/2014Great service and food. Server was awesome and helped make our visit special. We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent foodpipjackDined on 9/19/2014We had a party of six, so a head a variety of entree orders. Not one single complaint or "it would've been better if...." remark. Lobster Bisque was a wonderful starter. The scallops were like butter, I have never had scallops this delicious. We are definitely dining here again when we come back to KC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great seafoodajl70Dined on 9/18/2014We were seated on arrival, greeted by our server. The menu was easy to read and the fresh fish on it were available. The oysters were fresh and well served. The wine list was small but fit well the food offered. Deserts were the right size and well priced. Overall, we loved the restaurant and will go back on our next trip to KCSpecial Features:
- Always a great choicetboy20Dined on 9/15/2014I love going to the Bristol for any occasion, but I especially enjoy happy hour. They have great artisan cocktails, yummy menu items, a great atmosphere and attentive service.Special Features:
- Our 1 year anniversaryYummDined on 9/13/2014It was great food! We truly enjoyed ourselves they gave us a champagne toast and a nice card with heart confetti!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bummed by our 2nd VisitDrFoodieDined on 9/13/2014Our return visit was let down significantly by the service provided by the serving staff. While the seafood was of the highest caliber, the failure of the wait staff to promptly take our subsequent order...plus the failure to clean up our table between courses after spilling something on the table is something not expected at high quality restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy WifeDMMDDined on 9/12/2014My wife and I had a date and had a wonderful experience at Bristol. Excellent food, service, and ambiance. We will be back.Special Features:
- 1st Wedding Anniversary DinnerGoodfoodforyouDined on 9/12/2014We enjoyed our dining experience at Bristol Seafood Grill in the Power and Light District in KC. The food was delicious. We had the fish and chips, with house-made tartar sauce. The biscuits and honey butter were outstanding! Our server, Kyle, was excellent. We enjoyed the surroundings, and had an overall wonderful time.Special Features:
- birthday dinnerMichaelDined on 9/12/2014I've dined at Bristol a number of times over the years and it's a favorite. The food, atmosphere n service are always perfect. They also make a special persons day or occasion thoughtfully memorable. Pricey. Worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MixedKCdinerVIPDined on 9/12/2014Shared oysters - xlnt. I had seafood bouillabaisse, which was outstanding. My wife had pretzel-encrusted trout, which was very good, but it was served with green beans which were undercooked & tasteless, & roasted potatoes which were overcooked. This restaurant can do much better than this!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchFrequentdinerDined on 9/12/2014I took a group of people to Bristol last Friday to lunch at noon. The food was really outstanding. The tilapia, which they only serve for lunch, was perfectly seasoned and cooked. Three of us had the dish and everyone commented on it's quality. I was however, hoping for a quieter place to sit as this was a business meeting as well as lunch. I had asked via Open Table, but somehow it didn't happen. All in all, a terrific lunch spot that we will definitely use again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place for business lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/11/2014Great food. A very good choice for a business lunch because Bristol makes a real effort to allow you to be eat lunch at a relaxed, comfortable pace in one hour.Special Features:
- Fresh fish far from the seaellisrogerDined on 9/9/2014On a hot day in Kansas City, the cool of the Bristol Seafood Grill was welcome and the food delicious. Most enjoyable.Special Features:
- Great for Businessaj18432Dined on 9/8/2014I met a couple of business associates to discuss strategy, watch a football game and have a great meal. We reserved a table, but ended up sitting in the bar area in front of some big screens to watch the game. The Bristol happy hour menu is fabulous - we had a sample of each oyster; all were delicious, but it was interesting to taste the differences in each, especially at their low price of $1 each! The steak and seafood that was served during the dinner were all cooked perfect, and we left extremely satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceWantDelishDined on 9/6/2014Delicious. My only complaint was that I had asked if they could do an oysters Rockefeller and they said no, when I had been before and they did accommodate me then.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too LoudOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Need to soften the walls to reduce noise! Too loud!
- seafood better than expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/31/2014For an area not noted for its seafood, the trout and crab cakes were pretty good.the biggest negative of my dining experience at the Bristol was the feeling of being rushed. I prefer the main course to come after I have finished my salad. That being said, I will come back at some point and try other things on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent meal at Bristol SeafoodwilliamsiegelDined on 8/31/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our meal at this restaurant. There were some unique items on the menu -- such as a caprese salad with basil ice cream, and some old standards like grilled salmon. There's something for those who love fish and those who prefer beef. The service was excellent, and we really had no complaints at all. Would definitely return.Special Features: