Bristol Seafood Grill - Kansas City
51 East 14th Street
Kansas City, MO 64106Neighborhood:
KC Power & Light District
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Bristol Seafood Grill - Kansas City
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bristolseafoodgrill.com/home.aspx?location_id=162
- Phone: (816) 448-6007
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Travis Napier
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Bristol Seafood Grill is the perfect setting for your banquet, wedding rehearsal dinner, graduation party, business lunch, birthday celebration or any other special occasion that demands an excellent meal and elegant setting.
- Private Party Contact: Brian Barnes 8777503015
- Special Events: Happy hour food and drink specials: Sunday - Friday | 4:00pm - 7:00pm. Available in the bar and on the patio only.
A word from Bristol Seafood Grill - Kansas City
With an indulgent menu focused on superior quality seafood, Bristol Seafood Grill crafts its dishes with exacting standards & pampers its guests in a comfortable atmosphere. Featuring a generous cellar selection & creative ocean fare cuisine, Bristol Seafood Grill delivers culinary excellence at a surprising value. Open for lunch ($12 - $25) & dinner ($15-$35).Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Bristol Seafood Grill - Kansas City - Best Restaurants in KC Power & Light District ›
Bristol Seafood Grill - Kansas City reviews from OpenTable diners
253 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (172)fit for foodies (122)romantic (107)good for groups (88)notable wine list (88)great for outdoor dining (55)great for brunch (55)neighborhood gem (51)hot spot (51)great for lunch (41)vibrant bar scene (33)late-night find (18)scenic view (11)kid-friendly (8)Show More
- Great place!HollyDined on 11/23/2014As always the atmosphere and food were wonderful. There may be service that is just as good but none betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bristol is a winnerMattl1900Dined on 11/22/2014Between the outstanding wine list, friendly and accommodating wait staff, and seafood selection, it is difficult to select a favorite aspect from my dining experience at the Bristol.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great place to celebrate an anniversary.CatsNClonesDined on 11/15/2014My wife and I were celebrating our 20th anniversary. A note of welcome was left on the table with hearts in the centerpiece. The service was excellent, the food even better and it was all topped of with a complimentary dessert (carrot cake...highly recommended). This kicked off a very wonderful night. We will certainly consider Bristol's for future nights out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Seafood in KC!CapeRoyaltyDined on 11/14/2014As a native of the East Coast, I love seafood. The Bristol is the best restaurant in the city for fresh seafood. The appetizer sampler was delicious! The crab cakes are loaded with crab meat, not any breading at all! The staff is also very attentive and welcoming. I highly recommend The Bristol for a lovely, romantic evening filled with amazing seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Good SeafoodSteakLoverVIPDined on 11/12/2014As always, our seafood dinner was excellent, as was the service. The Bristol is always a great choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service IssuesLouiseVIPDined on 11/12/2014We are devotees of the Bristol in Leawood, but we had tickets to the Midland so decided to have an early dinner at the P&L location. It was a completely different experience. The service was very slow - no one acknowledged us at all for several minutes after we were seated, and it took a long time to even get water. We made a 6:15 reservation, thinking that would be more than enough time to get to an 8:00 show across the street; we advised our waiter, who sort of chuckled that we even mentioned it. Turns out we were right to be concerned because the performance had already started by the time we finished. Our food was well prepared and tasty, but room temperature. There were a couple of very large parties, so maybe the staff was just overwhelmed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best seafood in Kansas City!luv2eatDined on 11/11/2014Wonderful service, the food was amazing. I was stunned on how well the waiter/waitresses treated their guest. I felt like the most important person in the room. I wouls recommend this place to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservation DissappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/9/2014I was very disappointed that even after we had made a reservation there wasn't an available table when we arrived -- even after waiting in the bar awhile. We finally just ate in the bar area -- which was OK, but table was very crowded and we felt cramped. Server in the bar was very likable which eased some of the discomfort. Normally I wouldn't have minded, but I was with customers, so expected things to run a little more smoothly. I probably won't book here again.
- A very special evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/7/2014We are from Minneapolis and celebrated our daughter's 21st birthday here (she's a KU student). I noted the occasion in the reservation and we were pleasantly surprised by all of the wonderful touches the staff arranged. The bar area was very nice and bartenders were fun. We were seated at a lovely booth, decorated with confetti and a special card from the staff. Our appetizers, entrees and complimetary dessert were all very good. We ordered oysters - very fresh and delicious - linguini and clams, mussels, ahi tuna and filet and shrimp. Everyone raved about their meal. Our waiter was attentive, informative and very fun/pleasant. I highly recommend Bristol Seafood Grill and look forward to dining there again next time we are in town.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerJohnGeeDined on 11/7/2014My girlfriend and I went here to celebrate our four year anniversary. We were both very satisfied with the service and the food. Everything was delicious. Ambiance was relaxing--Made reservations online and were seated immediately. Service was very fast.Special Features:
- A little disappointedShawnDined on 11/7/2014Three diners and two of us selected the salmon and one selected the trout. The salmon was cooked well and was tasty but the trout was very small and had little flavor. The sides were disappointing in taste, especially the brussel sprouts. They were extremely undercooked. The roasted potatoes were bland. The butternut squash risotto was such that you could barely taste the squash. We don't expect to be overpowered by it but would expect more flavor.Special Features:
- Dinner Before a ShowTimDVIPDined on 11/5/2014We love to visit Bristol before our shows at the KCREP in Power & Light. The $7 appetizers and drink specials during happy hour (although they used to be $5, 6, or 7 which was much more preferred for our pocket books) make it a very affordable option for us. Our favorites are the calamari, and the chipotle shrimp. The cucumber martini and the carribean lemonade are excellent drinks too. This is a must go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchSteakloverDined on 11/5/2014Always great. Very predictable fresh fish and wonderful preparation. My top spot in town to take clients or just to enjoy a private night with my girlfriend. This place is a KC institution of fine dining.Special Features:
- JD and Stevie - terrifick2opinionDined on 11/2/2014We were a group of 9, business meal, and JD and Stevie took fabulous care of us. Appetizers were plated so we could all get a taste - the cold seafood platter was beautiful and delicious. The recommendations were perfect, the food was outstanding- down to the very very tasty desserts- the coconut pie was perfect.Special Features:
- Good food, fair servicekcmetrodinerDined on 11/1/2014Saturday night was busy, which may have explained why we did not receive better service. We arrived an hour and a half before an event, of which we informed our server, and barely made it on time. Food was delivered timely, but the bill was not. It would have been a nice touch if our wine was poured more than just the first glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well work the tripkendallDined on 11/1/2014It was my first visit to Kansas City, and this was on of the top 3 best experiences I had there. I had the lobster and steak and both we perfect, butternut squash was great, I was told the lobster mac n cheese was there signature dish, but I did think anything great of it, but it was also a side dish and I would still highly rate my experience. Everything was perfect. Great Job Bristol.Special Features:
- DisappointingDiscerningFoodieDined on 11/1/2014Bristol was a disappointment. The price was high and the quality of the food and experience was not high. One hot appetizer arrived cold, the other lacked flavor. The fish entrees were uninspired. Substitutions were made to the dessert without conferring with us. When I asked the waitress about the change she said it was not her fault…not really the point. Will not go back…if I have my way.Special Features:
- Dinner was a hitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014My husband and I went to Kansas City for our anniversary and Bristol was recommended over where we were going to go by a local bartender and we were SO glad when we walked in. The hostess greeted us very professionally and we told her that we would just like to have a cocktail before dinner at the bar and we made our way to the bar. The bartender was very nice, and professional. We ordered two drinks, I ordered the Bristol's Signature Cocktail - Barrel Aged White Manhattan (SUPER GOOD) and My husband had the EastSider (muddled cucumber lime and Gin) keeping in mind my husband doesn't like cucumber usually, he had 2. Our dinner was no let down either! The Tuna was superb & so was Mikes steak!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/31/2014The restaurant decorated the table and had a card prepared when we arrived. The complimentary dessert was presented with a candle. As always the fish and sides were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ElegantJaniJoDined on 10/31/2014Lovely restaurant if you're celebrating a special occasion and want some great seafood.Special Features:
- Multi Generation Family outingrun2thebeachDined on 10/30/2014We cannot say enough about the service, friendliness, exceptional food and Alex our server. We celebrated our son-in-laws birthday and had a group of 7 adults and two small children. We let them know up front and they gave us a perfect space - a sectioned off small room and it allowed our 2 year old the space to get down and move around without disturbing the other patrons. Everyone was very friendly from the moment we walked in the door. As we sat down - just my husband and I - they went and got a kids cup of water and had it ready for the two year old for when she arrived. Very thoughtful. And the food - OMG - it was excellent and very quick. The best seafood we have had in the KC area in a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Time to DineMc1AllManDined on 10/28/2014I an from Texas and I saw this place online and decided to take my girlfriend here for her birthday. So I had flowers sent prior which was an option Open Table gave. I called ahead of time to make sure things were set and they were. The Hostess was prompt, nice and went over everything with me. Though we arrived 20 minutes early she verified that everything was set and ready. The Royals were in town for the playoffs so it was awesome. Cozy spot for dinner. The food was great! and service was second to none. The water got a huge tip is how great the service was. I would recommend this to anyone for a first cozy date, birthday, anniversary, social function, small group gathering. I'll go back on my next visit KC. Thanks to the staff thatSpecial Features:
- great sport near power and lightNebraskachickDined on 10/28/2014Jenny was a great server and recommended the butterfish which was excellent. Had some good wine and a great dinner - would definitely recommend Bristol for seafood!Special Features:
- Tuesday in Kansas CityBecky719Dined on 10/28/2014We were out for Theater the same night as a Royals World Series game, It was a busy and a exciting night. Go Royals! We got in on time for our reservation. The place was semi busy, it was still early for the game. The food was good as was the service. No major concerns at all. We have eaten there before and have always enjoyed our meal. We will go back and suggest others go there too!Special Features:
- outstanding dining experience!AMAllenDined on 10/27/2014A group of us went to dinner after work after reading a review on trip advisor...and it was fantastic! This is a must for fine dining!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST BIRTHDAY EVER!McLain051014Dined on 10/27/2014We visited Bristol for my husbands birthday dinner and it was amazing! Unlike him I had never been, but after our experience the other night we will definitely be back! Our server was very knowledgeable of the menu and didn't rush us to order. She answered the questions that I had about the menu and made very good recommendations for us to try.Special Features:
- DynrDined on 10/26/2014Excellent Sunday brunch Many excellent choices Used birthday couponSpecial Features:
- Sunday BrunchDav52Dined on 10/26/2014We took a group of 6 to the Bristol for Sunday brunch. We got a table that was really in its own little room. It was private and quiet, and that was perfect for what we were looking for. The cold bar of seafood is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday fundoc4dinnerDined on 10/25/2014I took my husband here for his birthday, and the food and service were excellent. They really made it a night to remember!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food - Excellent serviceLindaABDined on 10/23/2014Could not have ask for a better food or service!! Valet was available but since it was a weeknight there was no problem with parking. I am on the list to receive emails and for my birthday they sent me a $25 certificate toward and entree if you purchased another entree. Thank you Bristol !!Special Features:
- Disappointed at BrunchRobbKCDined on 10/19/2014I had expected the Bristol brunch to be a forgotten gem. It was not. I get the impression that it is simply tired. The service was so disinterested we only saw our server when we waved him over taking him away from visiting visiting at the bar with other servers. That would be the food bar that was so poorly managed it was nearly out of what was an odd selection of foods. Sorry Bristol. I have been a loyal fan for years but when chicken wings and enchiladas show up on the brunch table and the cold table didn't even have a salad to offer. I have to sadly say you've gotten tired and lost your way.
- Brunch in Mini portionsPerfectBrunchDined on 10/19/2014I met 6 ladies for brunch. Everything was delicious and a lot of the main brunch staples were miniature. Getting to have a little bit of everything without overeating was a blast. Each bite was enjoyable. Service was excellentSpecial Features:
- Always unbelievableElnumeroUnoDined on 10/18/2014They never cease to amaze. Great food! Great drinks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousJrenaeVIPDined on 10/17/2014As always the food was top notch as was the service! I'm in love with their bar and outdoor area. Weather was perfect for a fall Friday night and sitting outside was beautiful. They had a great one man band playing in the bar, so it was hard to choose, but outside won. You can't go wrong.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014The food and service was fantastic! I found the restaurant to be a bit dark, a little tough to read the menu (we had dinner at 5:30 on Tuesday night). Overall - all very good, and I'd be back for lunch or dinnerSpecial Features:
- great for date nightfoodie85Dined on 10/12/2014Great food and service one of my favorite restaurants downtownSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food vs. ServiceStephanieDined on 10/12/2014Great food is best when accompanied by fabulous service; the two go hand in hand. Our server could have used a refresher course on prompt table service. The lack of keen sense of awareness to our table needs was rather apparent and made for a less than perfect experience. When you don't have to serve the food, how hard is it to ensure the drinks are kept full and used plates removed? Upon our second table side order of fresh waffles, no additional syrup was provided or even checked on. Our table consisted of two adults, and 16 and 14 year olds (young ladies). A very conservative table, just out for a rare treat to enjoy brunch before attending the Mama Mia event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chuckDined on 10/11/2014Never had a bad meal, great service as usual. Would do it againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Lobster Bisque was awesome. For entrees, we had lobster tails and scallops - both were very good. The cheese grits with poblano peppers were delicious as a side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellenceTeaylovDined on 10/9/2014Excellent preparation of fresh seafood! Attentive server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.