Bristol Seafood Grill - Kansas City
51 East 14th Street
Kansas City, MO 64106Neighborhood:
KC Power & Light District
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Bristol Seafood Grill - Kansas City
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bristolseafoodgrill.com/home.aspx?location_id=162
- Phone: 8164486007
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Travis Napier
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Happy hour food and drink specials: Sunday - Friday | 4:00pm - 7:00pm. Available in the bar and on the patio only.
A word from Bristol Seafood Grill - Kansas City
With an indulgent menu focused on superior quality seafood, Bristol Seafood Grill crafts its dishes with exacting standards & pampers its guests in a comfortable atmosphere. Featuring a generous cellar selection & creative ocean fare cuisine, Bristol Seafood Grill delivers culinary excellence at a surprising value. Open for lunch ($12 - $25) & dinner ($15-$35).Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Bristol Seafood Grill - Kansas City - Best Restaurants in KC Power & Light District ›
Bristol Seafood Grill - Kansas City reviews from OpenTable diners
254 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (170)fit for foodies (115)romantic (110)notable wine list (89)good for groups (79)great for outdoor dining (64)great for brunch (60)great for lunch (48)neighborhood gem (46)hot spot (41)vibrant bar scene (38)late-night find (19)scenic view (14)kid-friendly (6)Show More
- we wii be backOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014The food was all perfect. We had the seafood combo. And the scallops. Outstandingly good. Good portions. The service was really great. We Wii be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nonicknameVIPDined on 9/27/2014We dined here on a lovely Sat night and were fortunate enough to get a table outside. We started with the duck flatbread just to try something different and we really enjoyed it-such a delicious combination of flavors. I had cobia and my companion had skatewing. Both were delicious and the sides were excellent. He really likes the vegetable ragout. They have several nice wines by the glass and two sizes of pours, so it gives you lots of options without buying a bottle. Service was professional and friendly. They have valet parking which makes it easy.Special Features:
- OverpricedBillybanks33Dined on 9/26/2014Overpriced crab meal ,chicken had a lot of fat on it . $130 tab with no dessert , no appetizerSpecial Features:
- Bristol Grill Kansas Cityrjame350Dined on 9/26/2014We had a great time. The best server we have had in years. Jeremy was fantastic. Food was delicious, as usual. The drinks were good. Very nice special occasion, relaxing dinner.Special Features:
- General ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014Great food, great service. Only critique is the online menu needs to be updated - Chipotle grilled shrimp enchiladas are on the online menu (as of 9/25/14) but were not on the menu at the restaurant.Special Features:
- Good SeafoodBristolDined on 9/23/2014Very good seafood. Appetizers, soups and entrees were all very tasty and fresh.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun AtmosphereBJS19Dined on 9/20/2014The Bristol was a perfect place to celebrate my husbands birthday. We enjoyed the atmosphere and for the most part our food. He ordered oysters and I will say that we were somewhat disappointed with the flavor of them and the size of the oyster for the price. Our food was nice and they did a great job of making us feel welcome for my husbands birthday. However, our waitress was less impressive. She seemed to have many tables and we waited quite a while on our bill and on being served. I often had an empty water glass as well. But overall it was a nice experience.Special Features:
- awesome dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014the food is always amazing... just wish you got more. I have an appetite and eve though it is always amazing I could eat 2 of my dinner plates.Special Features:
- Great 1st experienceSurprise40Dined on 9/19/2014Great service and food. Server was awesome and helped make our visit special. We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent foodpipjackDined on 9/19/2014We had a party of six, so a head a variety of entree orders. Not one single complaint or "it would've been better if...." remark. Lobster Bisque was a wonderful starter. The scallops were like butter, I have never had scallops this delicious. We are definitely dining here again when we come back to KC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great seafoodajl70Dined on 9/18/2014We were seated on arrival, greeted by our server. The menu was easy to read and the fresh fish on it were available. The oysters were fresh and well served. The wine list was small but fit well the food offered. Deserts were the right size and well priced. Overall, we loved the restaurant and will go back on our next trip to KCSpecial Features:
- Always a great choicetboy20Dined on 9/15/2014I love going to the Bristol for any occasion, but I especially enjoy happy hour. They have great artisan cocktails, yummy menu items, a great atmosphere and attentive service.Special Features:
- Our 1 year anniversaryYummDined on 9/13/2014It was great food! We truly enjoyed ourselves they gave us a champagne toast and a nice card with heart confetti!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bummed by our 2nd VisitDrFoodieDined on 9/13/2014Our return visit was let down significantly by the service provided by the serving staff. While the seafood was of the highest caliber, the failure of the wait staff to promptly take our subsequent order...plus the failure to clean up our table between courses after spilling something on the table is something not expected at high quality restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy WifeDMMDDined on 9/12/2014My wife and I had a date and had a wonderful experience at Bristol. Excellent food, service, and ambiance. We will be back.Special Features:
- 1st Wedding Anniversary DinnerGoodfoodforyouDined on 9/12/2014We enjoyed our dining experience at Bristol Seafood Grill in the Power and Light District in KC. The food was delicious. We had the fish and chips, with house-made tartar sauce. The biscuits and honey butter were outstanding! Our server, Kyle, was excellent. We enjoyed the surroundings, and had an overall wonderful time.Special Features:
- birthday dinnerMichaelDined on 9/12/2014I've dined at Bristol a number of times over the years and it's a favorite. The food, atmosphere n service are always perfect. They also make a special persons day or occasion thoughtfully memorable. Pricey. Worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MixedKCdinerVIPDined on 9/12/2014Shared oysters - xlnt. I had seafood bouillabaisse, which was outstanding. My wife had pretzel-encrusted trout, which was very good, but it was served with green beans which were undercooked & tasteless, & roasted potatoes which were overcooked. This restaurant can do much better than this!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchFrequentdinerDined on 9/12/2014I took a group of people to Bristol last Friday to lunch at noon. The food was really outstanding. The tilapia, which they only serve for lunch, was perfectly seasoned and cooked. Three of us had the dish and everyone commented on it's quality. I was however, hoping for a quieter place to sit as this was a business meeting as well as lunch. I had asked via Open Table, but somehow it didn't happen. All in all, a terrific lunch spot that we will definitely use again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place for business lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/11/2014Great food. A very good choice for a business lunch because Bristol makes a real effort to allow you to be eat lunch at a relaxed, comfortable pace in one hour.Special Features:
- Fresh fish far from the seaellisrogerDined on 9/9/2014On a hot day in Kansas City, the cool of the Bristol Seafood Grill was welcome and the food delicious. Most enjoyable.Special Features:
- Great for Businessaj18432Dined on 9/8/2014I met a couple of business associates to discuss strategy, watch a football game and have a great meal. We reserved a table, but ended up sitting in the bar area in front of some big screens to watch the game. The Bristol happy hour menu is fabulous - we had a sample of each oyster; all were delicious, but it was interesting to taste the differences in each, especially at their low price of $1 each! The steak and seafood that was served during the dinner were all cooked perfect, and we left extremely satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceWantDelishDined on 9/6/2014Delicious. My only complaint was that I had asked if they could do an oysters Rockefeller and they said no, when I had been before and they did accommodate me then.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too LoudOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Need to soften the walls to reduce noise! Too loud!
- seafood better than expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/31/2014For an area not noted for its seafood, the trout and crab cakes were pretty good.the biggest negative of my dining experience at the Bristol was the feeling of being rushed. I prefer the main course to come after I have finished my salad. That being said, I will come back at some point and try other things on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent meal at Bristol SeafoodwilliamsiegelDined on 8/31/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our meal at this restaurant. There were some unique items on the menu -- such as a caprese salad with basil ice cream, and some old standards like grilled salmon. There's something for those who love fish and those who prefer beef. The service was excellent, and we really had no complaints at all. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- Special EventsTerNicDined on 8/31/2014Our special place for anniversaries and other events.Special Features:
- Never disappointedlovelouisDined on 8/31/2014I made a stop here each time I am visiting KC and I have never been disappointed. We had a group of 10 for bruch. Food was AMAZING! The lobster mac & cheese is a MUST try!Special Features:
- DisappointedperrygirlDined on 8/30/2014Not too happy with the experience due to the server. Nice atmosphere, good food but the way our delayed order was handled was disappointing. Waited over 45 minutes between first and second course. When server came to the table to apologize for the delay, she said the manager would be over to discuss. Not only did the mgr never show up, my mother was brought a dish of lobster mac and cheese she did not want or ask for and then said it was complimentary, as if that was to make up for the poor service. The server was also flippant in her attitude and actually questioned my dad's choice of entree, since he ordered chicken in a seafood restaurant. He pointed out to her it was on the menu! Didn't like how were were treated by her, won't return.Special Features:
- BobbiDined on 8/30/2014Tommy was our server and he was fantastic. Food was five stars. The only thing that I was disappointed in was that I made a reservation two weeks before, for two people, and we were seated in the bar room dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeSteakLoverVIPDined on 8/29/2014My wife and I had a great time at the Bristol on Friday night. We had oysters and martini's at the bar, followed by a great dinner and excellent service. Always a favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic SeafoodWe2travelabitVIPDined on 8/29/2014We visited KC for the first time and wanted some seafod to break-up all the BarBQue we were eating over the weekend. Service was excellent and the seafood tasted frest. Even for being in the heartlands.Special Features:
- Birthday girl providerChas18Dined on 8/29/2014Looking for a great downtown Kansas City seafood restaurant after work for a special occasion and found one, the Bristol! My wife and I have dined there before and never been disappointed. We decided to dine outdoors and the shaded patio off the sidewalk was just the place. Our offerings were the traditional menu plus a special downtown three courses for $30 and oysters on the half shell a dollar a piece. Since I am the Oyster lover...from the east coast...I found my favorite oysters from Welfleet, Mass. Started out with a half dozen and a white wine and I was in heaven. The birthday girl and I did the downtown special...main entre...trout and "huge lump" crab cakes...and the dinner was complete. Our Bristol dining experience excellent!Special Features:
- GreatRocky1Dined on 8/28/2014It was my birthday and they made it a wonderful experience including giving me a birthday card.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine Downtown DealnomnomnomVIPDined on 8/26/2014I came to Bristol for the second time during Power & Light's Dine Downtown week. For $30, I had a large Caesar salad, crab cakes, and the chocolate lava cake for dessert. The salad was great, but I wasn't as fond of the crab cakes (I think it was more an issue of personal taste than Bristol's preparation, though). Dessert was fantastic, and I also really enjoyed the glass of wine I ordered. The service was also fantastic. I am not a huge seafood fan, but I would recommend Bristol for anyone who is!Special Features:
- Great for special occasionSpecialOccasionDined on 8/26/2014My husband and I wanted to have a nice dinner to celebrate our 25 year wedding anniversary. Our needs were to find a location that provides a nice atmosphere, a relaxed and not rushed feeling as you are dining, varied food choices and a better than average drink menu. The Bristol delivered on each of our wants plus more. When we arrived, they quickly showed us to our table which was decorated with confetti hearts and a personalized note congratulating us on 25 year anniversary; the note indicated that we could pick from a champagne toast or a dessert for free. This small touch was very much appreciated and made us feel very special. Additionally, the staff was wonderful! Our waitress Allison was phenomenal!Special Features:
- great meal in Kansas CityLynneVIPDined on 8/23/2014We were passing through town, here for only two nights, and we went to Bristol Seafood grill on a recommendation from someone at our hotel. It was great - our fish was perfectly cooked, the water was charming, and great fun - and efficient.Special Features:
- A superb dining experiencebigdancehawkDined on 8/23/2014My monkfish: tasted a lot like lobster. Grits were quite good. Artichoke was properly cooked. My wife's mixed seafood grill was outstanding, especially the crab cake. My Maine mussels were fresh, but just tad on the smallish side. Great bartender, modern decor, but not cold or industrial. Whoever designed the lighting deserves an award. Busy night, but service was attentive, friendly and impeccable. We'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was okTrachatDined on 8/22/2014I'm not sure the seafood was as good as the prices say it should be. It was just ok. The waiter, Tony was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodJojoVIPDined on 8/21/2014The location was excellent and the food very good. Great ambience and lively ground. Excellent service from our waiterSpecial Features: