Bristol Seafood Grill - Kansas City
51 East 14th Street
Kansas City, MO 64106Neighborhood:
KC Power & Light District
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Bristol Seafood Grill - Kansas City
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bristolseafoodgrill.com/home.aspx?location_id=162
- Phone: 8164486007
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Travis Napier
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Happy hour food and drink specials: Sunday - Friday | 4:00pm - 7:00pm. Available in the bar and on the patio only.
A word from Bristol Seafood Grill - Kansas City
With an indulgent menu focused on superior quality seafood, Bristol Seafood Grill crafts its dishes with exacting standards & pampers its guests in a comfortable atmosphere. Featuring a generous cellar selection & creative ocean fare cuisine, Bristol Seafood Grill delivers culinary excellence at a surprising value. Open for lunch ($12 - $25) & dinner ($15-$35).Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Bristol Seafood Grill - Kansas City - Best Restaurants in KC Power & Light District ›
Bristol Seafood Grill - Kansas City reviews from OpenTable diners
259 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (175)romantic (109)fit for foodies (108)notable wine list (87)great for outdoor dining (74)good for groups (70)great for brunch (70)great for lunch (55)neighborhood gem (43)vibrant bar scene (40)hot spot (37)late-night find (18)scenic view (15)kid-friendly (6)Show More
- seafood better than expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/31/2014For an area not noted for its seafood, the trout and crab cakes were pretty good.the biggest negative of my dining experience at the Bristol was the feeling of being rushed. I prefer the main course to come after I have finished my salad. That being said, I will come back at some point and try other things on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special EventsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Our special place for anniversaries and other events.Special Features:
- Never disappointedlovelouisDined on 8/31/2014I made a stop here each time I am visiting KC and I have never been disappointed. We had a group of 10 for bruch. Food was AMAZING! The lobster mac & cheese is a MUST try!Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014Not too happy with the experience due to the server. Nice atmosphere, good food but the way our delayed order was handled was disappointing. Waited over 45 minutes between first and second course. When server came to the table to apologize for the delay, she said the manager would be over to discuss. Not only did the mgr never show up, my mother was brought a dish of lobster mac and cheese she did not want or ask for and then said it was complimentary, as if that was to make up for the poor service. The server was also flippant in her attitude and actually questioned my dad's choice of entree, since he ordered chicken in a seafood restaurant. He pointed out to her it was on the menu! Didn't like how were were treated by her, won't return.Special Features:
- BobbiDined on 8/30/2014Tommy was our server and he was fantastic. Food was five stars. The only thing that I was disappointed in was that I made a reservation two weeks before, for two people, and we were seated in the bar room dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeSteakLoverVIPDined on 8/29/2014My wife and I had a great time at the Bristol on Friday night. We had oysters and martini's at the bar, followed by a great dinner and excellent service. Always a favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic SeafoodWe2travelabitVIPDined on 8/29/2014We visited KC for the first time and wanted some seafod to break-up all the BarBQue we were eating over the weekend. Service was excellent and the seafood tasted frest. Even for being in the heartlands.Special Features:
- Birthday girl providerChas18Dined on 8/29/2014Looking for a great downtown Kansas City seafood restaurant after work for a special occasion and found one, the Bristol! My wife and I have dined there before and never been disappointed. We decided to dine outdoors and the shaded patio off the sidewalk was just the place. Our offerings were the traditional menu plus a special downtown three courses for $30 and oysters on the half shell a dollar a piece. Since I am the Oyster lover...from the east coast...I found my favorite oysters from Welfleet, Mass. Started out with a half dozen and a white wine and I was in heaven. The birthday girl and I did the downtown special...main entre...trout and "huge lump" crab cakes...and the dinner was complete. Our Bristol dining experience excellent!Special Features:
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/28/2014It was my birthday and they made it a wonderful experience including giving me a birthday card.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine Downtown DealnomnomnomVIPDined on 8/26/2014I came to Bristol for the second time during Power & Light's Dine Downtown week. For $30, I had a large Caesar salad, crab cakes, and the chocolate lava cake for dessert. The salad was great, but I wasn't as fond of the crab cakes (I think it was more an issue of personal taste than Bristol's preparation, though). Dessert was fantastic, and I also really enjoyed the glass of wine I ordered. The service was also fantastic. I am not a huge seafood fan, but I would recommend Bristol for anyone who is!Special Features:
- Great for special occasionSpecialOccasionDined on 8/26/2014My husband and I wanted to have a nice dinner to celebrate our 25 year wedding anniversary. Our needs were to find a location that provides a nice atmosphere, a relaxed and not rushed feeling as you are dining, varied food choices and a better than average drink menu. The Bristol delivered on each of our wants plus more. When we arrived, they quickly showed us to our table which was decorated with confetti hearts and a personalized note congratulating us on 25 year anniversary; the note indicated that we could pick from a champagne toast or a dessert for free. This small touch was very much appreciated and made us feel very special. Additionally, the staff was wonderful! Our waitress Allison was phenomenal!Special Features:
- great meal in Kansas CityLynneVIPDined on 8/23/2014We were passing through town, here for only two nights, and we went to Bristol Seafood grill on a recommendation from someone at our hotel. It was great - our fish was perfectly cooked, the water was charming, and great fun - and efficient.Special Features:
- A superb dining experiencebigdancehawkDined on 8/23/2014My monkfish: tasted a lot like lobster. Grits were quite good. Artichoke was properly cooked. My wife's mixed seafood grill was outstanding, especially the crab cake. My Maine mussels were fresh, but just tad on the smallish side. Great bartender, modern decor, but not cold or industrial. Whoever designed the lighting deserves an award. Busy night, but service was attentive, friendly and impeccable. We'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was okTrachatDined on 8/22/2014I'm not sure the seafood was as good as the prices say it should be. It was just ok. The waiter, Tony was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodJojoVIPDined on 8/21/2014The location was excellent and the food very good. Great ambience and lively ground. Excellent service from our waiterSpecial Features:
- Great foodSummertimeDined on 8/21/2014Was hesitant to order seafood in KC, but salmon, butterfish and crab cakes were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BettyVIPDined on 8/21/2014Heirloom tomato salad was excellent. First time I ever had butter fish and it was very good. Grits were outstanding.Special Features:
- Great for business entertaining.GaryDined on 8/18/2014The Bristol is a great spot to entertain your business guests in KC. Great atmosphere, drinks/wine, food and service.Special Features:
- Outstanding!!foodieX4Dined on 8/16/2014What a wonderful dining experience we had at the Bristol. Presentation of the food was outstanding, our waiter was so very helpful and everything we ordered was delicious. We have found a new dining favorite!Special Features:
- Great FoodMartyVIPDined on 8/15/2014Bristol has the best food the menu is loaded with awesome items that will suit everyone's need!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiting4tableWaiting4tableDined on 8/14/2014Seated as soon as we arrived for our 6 PM reservation! :) Enjoyed a great steak and seafood melody. Our server was helpful and explained the menu specials. Definitely will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Little Touches Were the BestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014I made reservations to celebrate an anniversay. I didn't expect anything, but when we were seated at our table there was a candle, heart confity, and very nice hand written card, with a free champagne toast which we forgot to use. The little touches meant so much and really helped the special day to feel special. Our waiter was wonderful! He was very friendly, offered to take our picture, when he saw our camera out, didn't hover but cleared plates and filled water glasses very promptly. The food was delicious and the layout was spread out, which I really liked, so everyone wasn't crowding in one area. I had never been to Bristol's before and really wasn't sure of what to expect. It was one of the best dining experineces I've ever had.Special Features:
- Great brunch!SamPDined on 8/10/2014We enjoyed the great selection of food, and our server was right on top of beverages and plate removal. We did learn we have to be careful when making reservations from the website - ours was made for the downtown location, when we were planning on the Leawood location. The Leawood location graciously accommodated us and took care of notifying the downtown restaurant of the change.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed with the seafood trio!Misstheboat4sureDined on 8/9/2014I had the seafood trio. The fish was dry and not very flavorful. My husband's fish was under cooked and cold, the oven roasted potatoes were way over cooked and dry. Salads were good. Ice cream was good.Special Features:
- BristolChazDined on 8/9/2014Best meal we've had in a long time. I hesitate to order steak in a restaurant known for its fresh seafood but ordered the surf and turf. Chef was "spot on" with the steak.Special Features:
- Another Great ExperienceStroudDined on 8/9/2014We cant rave enough over this wonderful and tasty place. Their service is spot on and the food is second to none! I will tell you we have been to both locations and this has become one of our favorite places in KC!Special Features:
- FAntastic seafoodkoopmanpDined on 8/8/2014Bristol is in the Power and light in KC and is the best restauraunt I have been to in that area. Great ambience with a guitarist playing. Extensive martini menu + good wine list. What really stands out is the Seafood. Mine-1 day old Atlantic Char from Iceland. All their seafood is as fresh as any I have ever tasted and I lived for significant times in FL and Charleston SC. They fly it in from the best places in the world and is at most 2 days old. Their preparation is fantastic also-tastes so good. My wife had Tuna and it was just as good. Their sides have a southern feel. They also have a oyster menu of which you get to choose each oyster individually. Obviously this level of indiduality comes at a price but boy was it goodSpecial Features:
- Wonderful choice!Parker2013Dined on 8/7/2014We were visiting Kansas City & looked on Open Choice for a nearby resteraunt with good reviews and a casual dress code. Bristol Seafood Grill looked like a winner and it was. We sat on the outside patio, which we enjoyed. Our service was amazing, the food was delicious and if we return to Kansas City we will definitely come back to Bristol Seafood Grill. Also, we like to split meals which they did for us in the kitchen at no extra charge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining in Kansas CityOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/6/2014We had a wonderful birthday dinner at Bristol Seafood in Kansas City. The food was exceptional and they even had a special Happy Birthday place setting for my friend. The only downside was it was overly air-conditioned in the restaurant so we had to wear our coats inside. I highly recommend Bristol Seafood for a nice change from BBQ.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- honeybeeDined on 8/2/2014My husband and I went for out wedding anniversary and really enjoyed ourselves. The biscuits were awesome and the appetizer sampler was superb!!!! I also had the lobster bisque which was good as well. My husband had the halibut and I had the Mixed Seafood grill and we love it. Will definitely be going back there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Concert NightOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/31/2014I was disappointed to make a reservation and end up getting a table in the bar area, which was much louder than the dining room. Not only that, but we were seated in an end booth that had a partial height wall behind me that had a wood top that people were setting their drinks and food on. It was very uncomfortable having people eat and drink right behind my head and have them standing right at the end of my seat. We spent over $100 for the two of us and expected more.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/30/2014Business or personal, Bristol is a go-to for us! Menu selections are good, appealing to all tastes, food is excellent and always consistent, service is attentive, friendly and knowledgable.Special Features:
- Always FantasticCindyDined on 7/29/2014Bristol is my boyfriend and I's "go to" when it comes to date nights. The food is always delicious, service is great and the outdoor seating (if the weather cooperates) is fantastic. No complaints!Special Features:
- It was a beautiful day2dinersrweDined on 7/28/2014It was so nice to be able to sit outside in a wonderful setting at the Bristol. Geremy was our waiter and he was awesome, so happy and gracious and willing to help with the menu. The food was outstanding. We had swordfish that was cooked perfectly. We had crab cakes and lobster bisque that was so good...yumm! Thank you for making my birthday a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014Great good and the biscuits was to die for I meet up with friends from BootCamp that I hadn't seen for over twenty years and we were able to have a great dinner and catch up on good timesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014The Bristol had a great selection. Our food was excellent and so was the service. Our waiter made excellent suggestions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatFoodloverDined on 7/26/2014Had the oysters today. They are pricey at $3 each, except during happy hour when they only cost $1, but delicious nonetheless. Great service, excellent food, we love seafood and this is as good as it gets in KC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodBickymonVIPDined on 7/25/2014The Bristol never ceases to live up to my expectations.Special Features:
- Bristol worth the trip.bristolyumDined on 7/25/2014The food was delicious and the service incredibly attentive. The Vietnamese Crab Spring Rolls appetizer were great. There were three of us in our party and we all had different items. The special was a scallops dish. The scallops were prepared well and the taste and flavor were outstanding. The seafood mixed grill had a great variety of food; each one prepared well. The surf and turf was great too. The request for the steak to be medium and it was. The accompanying scallops, asparagus and lobster mac and cheese all complimented the meal exquisitely. I'd recommend a trip to Bristol Seafood Grill to anyone who enjoys fresh and a well prepared meal. We look forward to a return visit.Special Features:
- Great serviceGaelTirVIPDined on 7/23/2014We 3 enjoyed the server(sorry forgot her name) as well as the service, food and ambiance. Would return for the food, wine selection or atmosphere.Special Features: