Bristol Seafood Grill - Kansas City
51 East 14th Street
Kansas City, MO 64106Neighborhood:
KC Power & Light District
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Bristol Seafood Grill - Kansas City
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bristolseafoodgrill.com/home.aspx?location_id=162
- Phone: 8164486007
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Travis Napier
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Happy hour food and drink specials: Sunday - Friday | 4:00pm - 7:00pm. Available in the bar and on the patio only.
A word from Bristol Seafood Grill - Kansas City
With an indulgent menu focused on superior quality seafood, Bristol Seafood Grill crafts its dishes with exacting standards & pampers its guests in a comfortable atmosphere. Featuring a generous cellar selection & creative ocean fare cuisine, Bristol Seafood Grill delivers culinary excellence at a surprising value. Open for lunch ($12 - $25) & dinner ($15-$35).Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Bristol Seafood Grill - Kansas City - Best Restaurants in KC Power & Light District ›
Bristol Seafood Grill - Kansas City reviews from OpenTable diners
255 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (176)fit for foodies (125)romantic (100)notable wine list (94)good for groups (86)great for outdoor dining (67)great for brunch (58)neighborhood gem (56)hot spot (50)great for lunch (47)vibrant bar scene (39)late-night find (17)scenic view (13)kid-friendly (8)Show More
- Awesome Time to DineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014I an from Texas and I saw this place online and decided to take my girlfriend here for her birthday. So I had flowers sent prior which was an option Open Table gave. I called ahead of time to make sure things were set and they were. The Hostess was prompt, nice and went over everything with me. Though we arrived 20 minutes early she verified that everything was set and ready. The Royals were in town for the playoffs so it was awesome. Cozy spot for dinner. The food was great! and service was second to none. The water got a huge tip is how great the service was. I would recommend this to anyone for a first cozy date, birthday, anniversary, social function, small group gathering. I'll go back on my next visit KC. Thanks to the staff thatSpecial Features:
- great sport near power and lightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/28/2014Jenny was a great server and recommended the butterfish which was excellent. Had some good wine and a great dinner - would definitely recommend Bristol for seafood!Special Features:
- Tuesday in Kansas CityOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/28/2014We were out for Theater the same night as a Royals World Series game, It was a busy and a exciting night. Go Royals! We got in on time for our reservation. The place was semi busy, it was still early for the game. The food was good as was the service. No major concerns at all. We have eaten there before and have always enjoyed our meal. We will go back and suggest others go there too!Special Features:
- outstanding dining experience!AMAllenDined on 10/27/2014A group of us went to dinner after work after reading a review on trip advisor...and it was fantastic! This is a must for fine dining!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST BIRTHDAY EVER!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014We visited Bristol for my husbands birthday dinner and it was amazing! Unlike him I had never been, but after our experience the other night we will definitely be back! Our server was very knowledgeable of the menu and didn't rush us to order. She answered the questions that I had about the menu and made very good recommendations for us to try.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/26/2014Excellent Sunday brunch Many excellent choices Used birthday couponSpecial Features:
- Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014We took a group of 6 to the Bristol for Sunday brunch. We got a table that was really in its own little room. It was private and quiet, and that was perfect for what we were looking for. The cold bar of seafood is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday fundoc4dinnerDined on 10/25/2014I took my husband here for his birthday, and the food and service were excellent. They really made it a night to remember!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food - Excellent serviceLindaABDined on 10/23/2014Could not have ask for a better food or service!! Valet was available but since it was a weeknight there was no problem with parking. I am on the list to receive emails and for my birthday they sent me a $25 certificate toward and entree if you purchased another entree. Thank you Bristol !!Special Features:
- Disappointed at BrunchRobbKCDined on 10/19/2014I had expected the Bristol brunch to be a forgotten gem. It was not. I get the impression that it is simply tired. The service was so disinterested we only saw our server when we waved him over taking him away from visiting visiting at the bar with other servers. That would be the food bar that was so poorly managed it was nearly out of what was an odd selection of foods. Sorry Bristol. I have been a loyal fan for years but when chicken wings and enchiladas show up on the brunch table and the cold table didn't even have a salad to offer. I have to sadly say you've gotten tired and lost your way.
- Brunch in Mini portionsPerfectBrunchDined on 10/19/2014I met 6 ladies for brunch. Everything was delicious and a lot of the main brunch staples were miniature. Getting to have a little bit of everything without overeating was a blast. Each bite was enjoyable. Service was excellentSpecial Features:
- Always unbelievableElnumeroUnoDined on 10/18/2014They never cease to amaze. Great food! Great drinks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousJrenaeDined on 10/17/2014As always the food was top notch as was the service! I'm in love with their bar and outdoor area. Weather was perfect for a fall Friday night and sitting outside was beautiful. They had a great one man band playing in the bar, so it was hard to choose, but outside won. You can't go wrong.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014The food and service was fantastic! I found the restaurant to be a bit dark, a little tough to read the menu (we had dinner at 5:30 on Tuesday night). Overall - all very good, and I'd be back for lunch or dinnerSpecial Features:
- great for date nightfoodie85Dined on 10/12/2014Great food and service one of my favorite restaurants downtownSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food vs. ServiceStephanieDined on 10/12/2014Great food is best when accompanied by fabulous service; the two go hand in hand. Our server could have used a refresher course on prompt table service. The lack of keen sense of awareness to our table needs was rather apparent and made for a less than perfect experience. When you don't have to serve the food, how hard is it to ensure the drinks are kept full and used plates removed? Upon our second table side order of fresh waffles, no additional syrup was provided or even checked on. Our table consisted of two adults, and 16 and 14 year olds (young ladies). A very conservative table, just out for a rare treat to enjoy brunch before attending the Mama Mia event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chuckDined on 10/11/2014Never had a bad meal, great service as usual. Would do it againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Lobster Bisque was awesome. For entrees, we had lobster tails and scallops - both were very good. The cheese grits with poblano peppers were delicious as a side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellenceTeaylovDined on 10/9/2014Excellent preparation of fresh seafood! Attentive server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Downtown SpotnonicknameDined on 10/7/2014Love The Bristol, we live close by and only wish I could eat there more often. Service is always great, food very good. Weather was perfect for patio dining and enjoyed being outside and watching the Power & Light District street activity.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/4/2014We have enjoyed the Bristol for many years, We always enjoy their excellent fish and interesting side dishesSpecial Features:
- Drink with caution!UrbandwellerDined on 10/3/2014Coworker and I went in for our regular lunch. Terrible from the beginning. Online menu wasn't updated with available fish. Had our hearts set on Atlantic salmon only to find it was missing. Then, the bottom of my glass broke off when I took a drink sending water pouring down all over me and the table. Then, my sandwich bread was blackened to the point of not being edible. Why they served this to me is beyond me. No comps for the water situation--just an explanation that this has happened before... Come to find out it has happened to two of my friends.
- ImpressiveKimGDined on 9/29/2014I made a simple reservation for business colleagues and the Bristol surprised us by providing a private room for our small group. Food was impeccable, all dishes were prepared very well. The carrot cake is outstanding!Special Features:
- we wii be backgreatDined on 9/27/2014The food was all perfect. We had the seafood combo. And the scallops. Outstandingly good. Good portions. The service was really great. We Wii be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nonicknameVIPDined on 9/27/2014We dined here on a lovely Sat night and were fortunate enough to get a table outside. We started with the duck flatbread just to try something different and we really enjoyed it-such a delicious combination of flavors. I had cobia and my companion had skatewing. Both were delicious and the sides were excellent. He really likes the vegetable ragout. They have several nice wines by the glass and two sizes of pours, so it gives you lots of options without buying a bottle. Service was professional and friendly. They have valet parking which makes it easy.Special Features:
- OverpricedBillybanks33Dined on 9/26/2014Overpriced crab meal ,chicken had a lot of fat on it . $130 tab with no dessert , no appetizerSpecial Features:
- Bristol Grill Kansas Cityrjame350Dined on 9/26/2014We had a great time. The best server we have had in years. Jeremy was fantastic. Food was delicious, as usual. The drinks were good. Very nice special occasion, relaxing dinner.Special Features:
- General ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014Great food, great service. Only critique is the online menu needs to be updated - Chipotle grilled shrimp enchiladas are on the online menu (as of 9/25/14) but were not on the menu at the restaurant.Special Features:
- Good SeafoodBristolDined on 9/23/2014Very good seafood. Appetizers, soups and entrees were all very tasty and fresh.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun AtmosphereBJS19Dined on 9/20/2014The Bristol was a perfect place to celebrate my husbands birthday. We enjoyed the atmosphere and for the most part our food. He ordered oysters and I will say that we were somewhat disappointed with the flavor of them and the size of the oyster for the price. Our food was nice and they did a great job of making us feel welcome for my husbands birthday. However, our waitress was less impressive. She seemed to have many tables and we waited quite a while on our bill and on being served. I often had an empty water glass as well. But overall it was a nice experience.Special Features:
- awesome dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014the food is always amazing... just wish you got more. I have an appetite and eve though it is always amazing I could eat 2 of my dinner plates.Special Features:
- Great 1st experienceSurprise40Dined on 9/19/2014Great service and food. Server was awesome and helped make our visit special. We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent foodpipjackDined on 9/19/2014We had a party of six, so a head a variety of entree orders. Not one single complaint or "it would've been better if...." remark. Lobster Bisque was a wonderful starter. The scallops were like butter, I have never had scallops this delicious. We are definitely dining here again when we come back to KC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great seafoodajl70Dined on 9/18/2014We were seated on arrival, greeted by our server. The menu was easy to read and the fresh fish on it were available. The oysters were fresh and well served. The wine list was small but fit well the food offered. Deserts were the right size and well priced. Overall, we loved the restaurant and will go back on our next trip to KCSpecial Features:
- Always a great choicetboy20Dined on 9/15/2014I love going to the Bristol for any occasion, but I especially enjoy happy hour. They have great artisan cocktails, yummy menu items, a great atmosphere and attentive service.Special Features:
- Our 1 year anniversaryYummDined on 9/13/2014It was great food! We truly enjoyed ourselves they gave us a champagne toast and a nice card with heart confetti!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bummed by our 2nd VisitDrFoodieDined on 9/13/2014Our return visit was let down significantly by the service provided by the serving staff. While the seafood was of the highest caliber, the failure of the wait staff to promptly take our subsequent order...plus the failure to clean up our table between courses after spilling something on the table is something not expected at high quality restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy WifeDMMDDined on 9/12/2014My wife and I had a date and had a wonderful experience at Bristol. Excellent food, service, and ambiance. We will be back.Special Features:
- 1st Wedding Anniversary DinnerGoodfoodforyouDined on 9/12/2014We enjoyed our dining experience at Bristol Seafood Grill in the Power and Light District in KC. The food was delicious. We had the fish and chips, with house-made tartar sauce. The biscuits and honey butter were outstanding! Our server, Kyle, was excellent. We enjoyed the surroundings, and had an overall wonderful time.Special Features:
- birthday dinnerMichaelDined on 9/12/2014I've dined at Bristol a number of times over the years and it's a favorite. The food, atmosphere n service are always perfect. They also make a special persons day or occasion thoughtfully memorable. Pricey. Worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.