Brio Tuscany Grille - Dana Point
24050 Camino del Avion Ste B
Dana Point, CA 92629Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Brio Tuscany Grille - Dana Point
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.briorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9494431476
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Steakhouse, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Manny LoPezzo
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Brio offers a complete catering service to assist with your special event planning from a private party or in-home gourmet dinner to a full-scale corporate function. Very simply, the success of our business is based upon the success of our events and the satisfaction of our clients, in all aspects of the creation and execution of their unique occasions.
Our reputation is founded in the concept of “giving our customers more than they expect.” The elevated service you will receive reflects the extra touches to the “flourishes” in foods, décor and services.
- Entertainment: Our live entertainment is second to none. Whether looking for a quiet place to enjoy a romantic dinner or searching for a local "hot-spot,” Brio is the place for you. Like to salsa on Dana Point’s largest dance floor or spend time with just the ladies? Checkout our online calendar today.
- Special Events: Dine at Dusk: The perfect ingredients for busy families…discounted pricing on early dining entrées, including pasta, seafood, steaks and more. Served daily from 4:00 to 6:30 p.m.
WHAT'S HOT AT BRIO:
Sunday: Family Day – Kids eat free*
Monday: Family Day – Kids eat free*, plus Industry Night – 20% off all entrées with $5 well drinks and house wine**
Tuesday: Brio Showcase Open Mic Night
Wednesday: Latin Night with DJ Peter and $5 house margaritas
Thursday: Ladies’ Night with $5 martinis
Friday: Friday Night Live - Live music, plus dinner served until midnight.
Saturday: Locals’ Night - Live music, plus dinner served until midnight.
*Kids eat free Sunday and Monday, with the purchase of one regular priced entrée.
**Industry Night: Offer valid for industry employee only; proof of employment and photo ID required.
A word from Brio Tuscany Grille - Dana Point
Enjoy fresh ocean breezes, intimate conversation, dining and dancing with family and friends. The award-winning Brio is the ultimate neighborhood gathering place; a uniquely iconic venue where it’s impossible to feel like a stranger. Brio exemplifies this belief through its culinary philosophy, where the Italian steakhouse’s Old World-inspired lunch and dinner menus are merely viewed as the starting point. Other customer advantages such as nightly specials, early Dine at Dusk values, live music – including Dana Point’s only “official” dance floor – a charming outdoor patio, and an impressive wine and martini list are just a sampling of Brio’s popular offerings. The result is a venue that feels like home, whether everybody knows your name or not.Continued
See, firsthand, why Brio Tuscany Grille has been a favorite lunch and dinner destination for so many in South Orange County.
See, firsthand, why Brio Tuscany Grille has been a favorite lunch and dinner destination for so many in South Orange County.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Brio Tuscany Grille - Dana Point reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (14)great for outdoor dining (13)special occasion (12)good for groups (9)fit for foodies (7)great for brunch (6)romantic (6)vibrant bar scene (6)notable wine list (5)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (3)hot spot (2)Show More
- Nice night out for twoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Surprised to find such a nice dining experience in a strip mall. Very quiet on the night we came and the staff was very attentive and prompt. Bread was delicious, caprese salad was a little smaller than expected but appeared to have heirloom tomatoes...very good. Ribeye was outstanding and the side veggies were cooked to perfection! Pizza was also very good--excellent crust, not too sweet on the sauce. Desserts were good as well. Wine was good but came out warm in the glass...second glass I had chilled and it was stellar. Excellent dining experience! Definitely recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Very Good as always. The General Manager down to all the employees. Enjoy spennding time with the new friends that I have met of course that is the staff and the regulars. Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So sonotthatpickyDined on 8/23/2014We went for the sunset dinner special and I would say the food was pretty average. What really ticked me off was when we first sat down, the waitress asked us if we would like some bread. We hadn't even looked at the menu but we said yes. The bread was 3 pieces of bread cut in half to make six small pieces and I tried one piece and didn't like it. When the bill came we found out they charge $10 for bread. Usually restaurants comp the bread and it is normally a lot better than that. I doubt very much if we will be going back.
- Old World Italian Food1greatspotDined on 8/16/2014We have lived nearby this restaurant for the past 18 years, but this was our 1st visit..not our last. I made reservations on line the day of our dinner. They offered to seat us promptly, but we waited for on outside table in the patio. Good choice! Very quiet, and secluded. The food was fabulous, kind of old school Italian food. Not the new age spin on Italian cuisine we had at other restaurants lately. Everyone from the hostess, the bus boy to the waiter were very accommodating to all our special requests. Try the Groupon 5 course meal for two, $69. Crazy value, lots of choices. The live music was a surprise bonus. My wife almost got me up to dance....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DessapointingGIZMODined on 8/9/2014Tried restaurant for dinner for first time and unfortunately while the service was great, the food was extremely average. Drinks and dancing might be the best way to enjoy this restaurant, french fries and carppaccio are great and wine list is good.Special Features:
- tinaDined on 8/8/2014We were very pleased with our experience. Had a reservation and was accommodated as soon as we arrived. Service was great, food very good, would return again.Special Features:
- Don't bother with this retaurantEasytopleaseDined on 7/25/2014Food was tasteless. Service was slow. Not good at all. And, not very clean. Looks like they hadn't dusted in forever.
- sailorDined on 7/24/2014Food was bland, drinks were weak. If everything else is closed, its OK, but if something in the area is open go there.
- GustoDined on 7/21/2014The ambiance at Brio is always good. The outdoor patio is lovely and has plants lining the edges. The service has been outstanding the three times I've eaten here. Some of the food portions are very small compared to their price. I experienced this when I ordered salad and an appetizer. Their specialty is definitely past, which also offers the largest portion size. The meats and fish don't entirely add up to the quality you'd expect from this type of restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WorthwhiledesertmamaDined on 7/12/2014The bread and spread was unique and delicious. Their specialty salad of mixed greens, strawberries, feta and balsamic dressing was short on strawberries (personal preference - I love strawberries!) but long on flavor with the dressing. The Italian sausage with penne had great flavor. We had asked if the sausage was mild or hot and were assured that it was mild, but it was really very spicey hot, so we just had more of their flavorful bread and spread.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great BandOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014The food was wonderful. Great blend of flavors to make new combinations. Wine list was good as well~ nice selection. We loved the band - Last Call Crush. They were really, really great! The bar scene was more suited to an older crowd, definitely not our style. We would go again for the food most definitely. We would go again for the band most definitely. But not for the bar scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Food!ocfoodieDined on 6/21/2014The food was awesome - my husband and I had been here on a Groupon last year and were impressed, so we invited 2 other couples to join us there this weekend. We were hopeful that the groupon experience was not just a fluke, and were very happy to discover it was not - everyone loved the ambience, their meals and the band that showed up halfway through our meal and Brio now has 2 more couples that will come back for more. I recall the wine list was very good but we had just returned from a trip to Italy so we brought wine we had shipped from the vineyards we visited, so we did not order any wine.Special Features:
- Needs improvementSteveVIPDined on 6/14/2014Pizza crust was too soggy to eat. Shrimp Alfredo was different but delicious.
- Local gemBrendaDined on 6/7/2014Wonderful discovery for new residents of this area. We have been looking for a good local restaurant but this was great. Very friendly atmosphere so we felt at home like we were regulars from the neighborhood. And it looked like a fun place. The food was good and of good quality as was. The service and location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent evening!ottexanVIPDined on 6/4/2014We were looking for a spot close to the Ritz where I was in town attending a conference and wanted to go off site to meet some friends. We chose Brio based on previous reviews, and glad we did. Our server was excellent and the food even better. The brick chicken fell off the bone, and the pasta and risotto were done perfectly. We had the tiramisu to end the night which was close, if not the best, I have had in 25 years! A great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food in an unlikely locationPAClikesgoodfoodDined on 5/11/2014Brio Tuscany Grille has a wonderful friendly staff that gives excellent service. The food is quite good, especially the Chilean SeaBass that I ordered, which became the table favorite. The Bread Pudding was also very delicious, but I would not recommend the Tiramisu. We ate in the outside patio, which was a bit noisy and our table being closest to the entry door left us in a breeze that some of us liked and others......well. This restaurant is in the middle of a strip mall shopping plaza and has no view except the parking lot, so for a romantic dinner, it would not be my choice. We went there to celebrate Mother's Day and for that, it was perfect.Special Features:
- great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/4/2014We meet friends here, they came from San Diego and we traveled from LA. Great meeting area, lovely restaurant with delicious food & wine; fun and friendly staff! Our friends had a 16 month old and the restaurant was most accommodating. We will definitely return!!!Special Features:
- The following 53 reviews are from the Brio Tuscany Grille - Dana Point reviews archive.
- PedestrianOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/21/2014The pasta - lasagne and pizza was pretty ordinary - lasagne was too chewy. The roast chicken was actually quite good. Service was friendly but could have been a bit quicker considering we were dining with young childrenSpecial Features:
- StacyVIPDined on 4/18/2014Excellent food and service!!! Every meal is a perfect. The Chocolate Martini's are my favorite.Special Features:
- Lovely TimeJanieVIPDined on 4/8/2014I went with my two girlfriends and had a terrific time. The owner/host was fabulous, the staff attentive, prices were reasonable. My friend and I split the salad and an entree and there was plenty of food for both.Special Features:
- Wonderful little restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/22/2014I tried this restaurant for the first time and read the Yelp reviews regarding the slow service. However, from the time we were seated up to the time we were ready to leave, our experience was wonderful. Claudio was so funny and personable and really helped us with the menu selections. The food was delicious and we were thinking about coming back to eat on the patio. There is live music Tuesday through Saturday starting at 8:30pm. I would recommend this little restaurant to all my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and bandBobbyVIPDined on 2/28/2014This is our favorite place to go on date night. The food is average, the prices reasonable, and there is a lively band that starts playing at 9 great place for dancingSpecial Features:
- Awesome as usual. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/15/2014Awesome as usual. Service is always top notch as well.Special Features:
- This was a first time visitOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/13/2014This was a first time visit but we will definitely be back.......the service was great and the food as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food with wonderful serviceNeighborVIPDined on 1/24/2014The spaghetti and meatballs was delicious and huge. We started with Caesar salad and lobster bisque soup which were awesome. My brick chicken was wonderful. We did have left overs for lunch the next day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Great ServiceLuvBrioDined on 11/28/2013Rather than fixing a Turkey dinner we decided to go to Brio. The food was excellent and our server Jose was outstanding.Special Features:
- I had the Ragu and it wasMarlayneVIPDined on 11/22/2013I had the Ragu and it was fabulous. Service was a bit slow but very nice.Special Features:
- Good Local BistroJohnDined on 10/26/2013We visit Brio often. The food is good and the service very good. Nice atmosphere and plenty of close parking.Special Features:
- Great food and music! OurHotspotseekerDined on 9/27/2013Great food and music! Our waiter and hostess were wonderful, but the management was rude and aloof. We had a group of 9 friends and family come for dinner and to watch the band. Our reservation was for 7:30 with a request to be seated by the band. The hostess was aware of where they planned to seat us but the tables were occupied when we arrived. We did not end up getting seated until 9. Although we ended up with a group of 26 people for drinks and entertainment that night, management was in no way accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise!NaranjaVIPDined on 9/27/2013We enjoyed our experience. The service was terrific and the food was great. We enjoyed the Wedge salad, the veal picatta and the Chilean sea bass. The drinks were terrific from the bar. It was a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very SatisfiedHappyCustomer93Dined on 9/25/2013Me and my wife were celebrating our 1st anniversary for which we picked up an Amazon Local coupon for this place. While the exterior was less than vibrant, the interior was amazing. We were quickly seated, both because we had a reservation and also it was a wednesday night, meaning there was no crowd, and were provided with a special menu that went with out coupon. Unlike many other places that try to trick you into spending money beyond the coupon, our server stuck to it and we got exactly what we paid for. He was on time, frequently checked in, professional, very humorous and made us feel very welcome. And the food was phenomenal; we got plenty of variety due to our coupon being for 5 courses. I've already recommended it to friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FooditsbrownDined on 9/25/2013This was our first time at Brio but it won't be our last. Brio is a little gem for both food and service. We really enjoyed our time there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- this place is a gemTHarrisDined on 9/21/2013always, without fail, great food and service. My ONLY complaint , and its small, but the indoors is very warm and stuffy. They could use either some ceiling fans or turn the a/c on stronger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - poor serviceEddieDined on 9/14/2013Food was great, service was very slow and non-attentive. We had a table of five, third time eating there - but, something needs to be done about the service. Won't be going back.
- Clueless! Care Less! Great Chef!FreshIsBestDined on 8/30/2013We'd been on Catalina for my birthday. Having been at another Brio, which was excellent, we thought we were in for a treat. Not so. Without a warning when we made our reservation (hint: special, "romantic" celebration) we arrived for a HUGE bummer of an experience. First, they sat us OUTSIDE on a HOT night. The rock band took up a large portion of the restaurant and it was LOUD! Second, our waiter had a VERY bad attitude, in addition to being a BORING SNOB! His response to my unhappiness was to ignore us completely. We did get a few laughs watching the local, middle-aged, life-crisis set hitting on each other on the dance floor. At the VERY least, the food was good. The chef must have been bored due to their staff chasing out dinner guests!
- A Delightful Find4gddiningDined on 8/17/2013We read a myriad of reviews on Brio, several that contained negative comments, but we wanted to dine there because it's so close to our summer rental. We finally went on a Saturday evening and were quite pleased with the experience. Very prompt greeting at the door, options as to where to sit, good explanation of specials, great martinis, fabulous food. It was a delight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- specialjunkmanDined on 7/30/2013A special spot that we look forward to visiting on our summer vacations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thumbs Up from the Latin Educator..THELATINEDUCATORDined on 7/3/2013Vibrant and energetic atmosphere was experienced in this gem of a place in Dana Point. Brio was able to infuse good food with a great ambiance. The Santiago Salsa Band was a hit and the company of salsa dancers was the topping on the cake!Special Features:
- Romantic DiningdebidynamiteDined on 6/28/2013A very romantic place with fabulous food & music to get cozy on your date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very surprised!TeacherVIPDined on 6/28/2013Today we had lunch there at 1:30PM to celebrate my cousin's birthday tomorrow. We each had a panino and it was excellent. My only criticism is the bread. It was very difficult to pick up the sandwich as the inside would fall out. There was 2 separate pieces of bread and was not attached to the other. I suggest they get better quality bread with a crusty outside. Il Fornaio's bread comes to my mind. The Grille is in a very small shopping center on Rte. 1 on the sea side. Take down the address and building number and you should find it easily. Upon entering, there are chairs and then a big basket of rolled up papers. Take one - it's the menu for your next visit.Special Features: