BRIO Tuscan Grille - Lombard - The Shops on Butterfield
330 Yorktown Center
Lombard, IL 60148Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
BRIO Tuscan Grille - Lombard - The Shops on Butterfield
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.brioitalian.com/the_shops_on_butterfield.html
- Phone: 6304241515
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Wednesday $5 Martini's All Day
A word from BRIO Tuscan Grille - Lombard - The Shops on Butterfield
BRIO (meaning "lively" or "full of life") is a "polished casual" restaurant serving authentic, northern Italian cuisine. The subtitle, "Tuscan Grille" is descriptive for a menu that features oven-roasted steaks, chops, and seafood; similar to what one would find in an authentic ristorante in Tuscany. BRIO's philosophy of "to eat well, is to live well" is why they only use the finest and freshest ingredients. BRIO brings the pleasure of a Tuscan country villa to the American city. To learn more, go to www.BrioItalian.com.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
BRIO Tuscan Grille - Lombard - The Shops on Butterfield - Best Restaurants in Lombard ›
BRIO Tuscan Grille - Lombard - The Shops on Butterfield reviews from OpenTable diners
135 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (60)good for groups (55)special occasion (52)great for lunch (51)fit for foodies (47)neighborhood gem (37)romantic (28)great for brunch (16)notable wine list (15)kid-friendly (15)vibrant bar scene (12)hot spot (10)late-night find (9)scenic view (4)Show More
- Great Choice on Sweetest DayMic2Dined on 10/18/2014Service and quality of food was outstanding. Our server did an excellent job and did not rush us.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014Have always had an enjoyable meal at Brio. This experience was no exception.Special Features:
- wonderful fooddentistDined on 10/16/2014I invited a colleague to dine with me at Brio for lunch. The food was very good and the ambience suited the occasion. I would definitely return to this restaurant for another occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyableJanetDined on 10/13/2014First time here with family for a birthday. All really enjoyed their meal. Our waiter was knowledgable and attentive. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Was GooddineoutdivaDined on 10/11/2014Our group of 6 all enjoyed the food, as we celebrated my 65th birthday. We all agreed the noise level was annoying, and the service could have been better. This was our first visit to the restaurant, and perhaps we would return on another occasion. The cost of the entrees were in line with other quality restaurants in the area. The server was friendly, but waiting 10 mins for steak sauce to accompany my meal was a bit much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceCadillacDaveDined on 10/11/2014Great food and super service. We have grown to consider Brio our "go to" restaurant among the many fine restaurants in the area. We get good food, can have good conversation, and then go to Drury Lane for a play. Great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeMalesiaDined on 10/11/2014The staff was very friendly and attentive. The food was outstanding. We do not live close but we are planning to visit again very soon.Special Features:
- All & All, Good....BearyHungryDined on 10/10/2014Restaurant is great, good Italian atmosphere. Menu is great and only problem is picking which plate you want to try. Prices are good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place......ODYSSEYCEBDined on 10/9/2014Everything about this restaurant is far above others in the area. They excel at every aspect of an enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:
- great servicepmvforfoodDined on 10/9/2014We had a group of 6 to sit in the bar and have apps and drinks. The music was great, but a little too loud for us to hear each other, so our waitress was so accommodating and was able to move us to the couch/fireplace are where we could talk. Very much appreciated!Special Features:
- sadly deterioratedCyrano1818Dined on 10/5/2014It has been a couple of years since we last went to Brio. My wife and I dined there last month and yet again this past weekend. The menu is much smaller than last time; food does not have the same distinctive flavor as before...I had veal milanese and the veal was very thin and cooked to the point of being tough. With a smaller menu, less distinctive taste, wait staff forgetting items both times we were there recently, and the restaurant was not hardly full on a Sunday night....has all the makings of a restaurant in trouble. Too many good restaurants in the area to return to Brio for a third time.
- DiningbuddyDined on 10/4/2014Wait staff was very attentive, food was excellent and although a little noisy because there were several groups, our experience was great. We would definitely recommend Brio's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice outdoor diningTarheelborn1VIPDined on 9/26/2014We enjoyed our lunch at Brio even though it was a bit crowded. Our waiter had some difficulty but made an effort to give really good service. The outdoor area was pleasant and comfortable. Favorite dishes were the Shrimp Mediterranean and the Steak with roasted vegetables.Special Features:
- tasty & accomodatingBobbieVIPDined on 9/24/2014ran into friends there, quickly made up a table for 8& gave us separate checks. service and food good.Special Features:
- anniversary dinnerGladEolaDined on 9/20/2014We've been to Brio a few times before and booked it this time for our anniversary. We made notes in the special request box to be seated at a quiet booth away from the door and kitchen. In the past these requests were honored. This time we were seated right next to the kitchen where it was loud and noisy. The only other table they offered us was two tables away from that spot. We took it, but had to scream at each other all through our dinner. Also, my salmon was raw in the center. Great dish but the piece was so thick, it was actually raw in the middle. The waiter brought me the wrong sized salad and charged me the higher price too. Sadly, the anniversary dinner was not so special. Probably won't return any time too soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!lovemuttiDined on 9/20/2014Went with family for Bday...outstanding food and excellent service. Loved it!Special Features:
- Great Menueater02Dined on 9/19/2014Lots of good food on the menu - we asked our server for suggestions and the Egg Plant appetizer was great. You won't be sorry if you try this one.Special Features:
- nothing special.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014The restaurant is really nothing that special. It had a nice atmosphere. It's a little loud in there and difficult to hear conversation. The food prices were OK. Just nothing that special in the end.Special Features:
- Very Good Food and Good ValueMsIngieDined on 9/11/2014I recently rediscovered Brio and have to say I'm very glad I did. The food is quite good and the prices are in line for the quality. Very pleasant surroundings, attentive service and not your average menu.Special Features:
- Outside LunchGEEZEEVIPDined on 9/8/2014Lunch was amazing - the food and service was great! The only thing I'd have to complain about were the bees - they were everywhere!Special Features:
- Yum!MonaDined on 9/6/2014Best food at a reasonable price. Never had a bad experience!Special Features:
- Nice Patio & excellent cuisineBernieDined on 9/3/2014Brio is definitely one of the Oak Brook neighborhood gems. It is one of our favorites for dinner. We also love the great happy hour selections. Always great service, and friendly atmosphere.Special Features:
- Dinner with old friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We had dinner with four old friends last Saturday evening. The food (I had the grilled salmon) and service was great.Special Features:
- Mediocrefood4thoughtDined on 8/30/2014The food was fine, but the service was somewhat inattentive. Our cheesecake was sour, and we had to send it back. Generally forgettable restaurant that I would not recommend.
- Pleasant eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Our group of 6 thought the food was excellent. The noise level was high at first, but we were able to hear each other talk. I've been here often and will continue to come back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014Restaurant and service were good. Food-Furnished by food service company. Burger not worth it for the money. Should be fresh 90/10 burger not frozen food service product.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!!CocoDined on 8/22/2014Simply, The best food you will ever eat. Every appetizer, main dish and desert are amazing. The service is very good and the servers went out of their way to find out if we were celebrating a special occasion. We were, and they put a little lit candle in the desert. Very nice touch, good service, great food. I'l be back again very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MsowlVIPDined on 8/19/2014A lovely mix of Italian cuisine with just enough non-past dishes on the menu. Excellent wine selections. I would definitely return.Special Features:
- Fitting for a celebrationHereComesTheBrideDined on 8/16/2014After a bridal fitting with my daughter and her bridal party for their dresses Brio for lunch was a welcome respite. I've been to Brio for dinner but never for luncheon. The menu is excellent with lots of lighter and regular lunch portions, excellent wine selection and refreshing cocktails. Everyone enjoyed their menu choices and said the lobster bisque was to die for. The dessert choices (if you still have room) are excellent and range from smaller to the very generous and delicious Torta di Cioccolata. Service was excellent and although Brio can be a little noisy, when we dined (towards the end of the lunch hour) helped to minimize that. Brio has never disappointed and I'm looking forward to returning. Try it..you'll love it!Special Features:
- Great Food, kid-friendly, service!LiloDined on 8/14/2014The bistecca insalata is our favorite menu item, along with their lineup of sandwiches for lunch. The service is attentive and experienced. We always have the same kind waiter when we go. Although it has a romantic feel with the lighting, they are also prepared for and considerate of children with families. Nice kids menu, they provide crayons for them to color with, and they make an effort to bring the food out quickly. We always have a good, consistent experience here!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/12/2014Excellent dining experience. The food menu was extensive. The chicken piccata was outstanding!! The service was terrific with our server offering us drink and wine recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2014Waiter very good. Kids menu was appreciated and the portions were more than adequate !! All in all a great dining experience for all!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpartyBoilerVIPDined on 8/8/2014been several times, very good italian food and service at a reasonable priceSpecial Features:
- Excellent meal!LisaKVIPDined on 8/2/2014Everything was delicious! We will definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must TryDennyDined on 8/1/2014Enjoyed the calamari! Tender and crisp with awesome sauces. Our server team was very helpful with wine selections and food recommendations. They were always "aware" and seemed to visit us right when they were needed. The pork porterhouse was exceptional. No room for dessert but they looked incredible. I'm always looking for places to take friends and they have a wonderful party room for up to 40 (ish). We will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- corkieVIPDined on 7/31/2014Brio's food is consistently good. The day we went we found an $8.75 luncheon special menu from which we actually ordered. My friend and I had the field greens and grilled chicken salad. it was enormous! Our other friend had the flat bread and salad, and they, too, were enormous. That said, we all did eat every bit of our lunches. Way to go, Brio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- longtimeopentabledinerlongtimeopentabledinerDined on 7/26/2014It is just an okay type of restaurant. Nothing specialSpecial Features:
- very gooenJoyeditDined on 7/26/2014It was Very Nice food was great Service very Good!!!Special Features:
- Good Restaurant for groupsmisraDined on 7/25/2014I was glad that they had honored my request to have a corner table with less noise. Also, I was glad they had some lighter/low-fat dinner dishes. Food was average. But it was not noisy like some other restaurants on Fridays.I wish they had more lactose-free dishes. Nothing wrong in serving some dishes with wine and butter sauce (most of the folks with lactose intolerance could still handle butter). But I'll go back to the restaurant again when I am going with a group because it is a good restaurants for groups.Special Features:
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/19/2014The appetizer (shrimp&meat) that our bartender and server both recommended was......fabulous!Special Features: