BRIO Tuscan Grille - Lombard - The Shops on Butterfield
330 Yorktown Center
Lombard, IL 60148Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
BRIO Tuscan Grille - Lombard - The Shops on Butterfield
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.brioitalian.com/the_shops_on_butterfield.html
- Phone: (630) 424-1515
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Wednesday $5 Martini's All Day
A word from BRIO Tuscan Grille - Lombard - The Shops on Butterfield
BRIO (meaning "lively" or "full of life") is a "polished casual" restaurant serving authentic, northern Italian cuisine. The subtitle, "Tuscan Grille" is descriptive for a menu that features oven-roasted steaks, chops, and seafood; similar to what one would find in an authentic ristorante in Tuscany. BRIO's philosophy of "to eat well, is to live well" is why they only use the finest and freshest ingredients. BRIO brings the pleasure of a Tuscan country villa to the American city. To learn more, go to www.BrioItalian.com.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
BRIO Tuscan Grille - Lombard - The Shops on Butterfield - Best Restaurants in Lombard ›
BRIO Tuscan Grille - Lombard - The Shops on Butterfield reviews from OpenTable diners
133 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (51)good for groups (50)great for lunch (48)special occasion (48)great for outdoor dining (46)neighborhood gem (31)romantic (24)kid-friendly (14)great for brunch (14)notable wine list (12)vibrant bar scene (11)hot spot (11)late-night find (6)scenic view (2)Show More
- Bar small plates and early cocktails are great!RedroseDined on 11/14/2014The small plates and early cocktail specials are tasty and fun. I'd highly recommend trying them whether or not you are having a meal. If you're looking for a light meal a couple of bar appetizers might be ample. Dinner is always reliable at Brio although service can be uneven. This place is wonderful for outdoor dining during the warmer months and gently cool days (heaters keep outdoor area warm). The lighter dishes are thoughtful and appreciated by this folder who lives Italian but not the calories sometimes associated with Italian dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- msanch03Dined on 11/8/2014Great service, friendly staff and Delicious food and dessertSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ExperiencepeaceandquietDined on 11/8/2014We went with friends. The food was excellent for all 4 of us and we all had different entrees. Many of the dishes were unique. AND, one of us needed a Gluten Free menu and the choices were excellent, even though there were not many choices. We will definitely go thee again. Service was also excellent. We thoroughly enjoyed the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerItalian1Dined on 11/8/2014We took my Dad out for his birthday dinner. We all enjoyed our dinners and had a nice time. The food was good and the so was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/7/2014We had made a reservation for 7:15 pm thru open table. Upon arrival we were told it would be another 15 minutes before we would be seated. I feel that the time on open table for 7:15 pm should not been posted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisorganizedBruceVIPDined on 11/1/2014Arriving on time for our reservations, one of 3 hostesses told us our table was being cleaned and asked to step aside. 15 minutes later, having watched 4 other walk-in parties of 4 be seated, I asked the hostess about our table, and she appeared to have completely forgotten me. The other hostesses were totally unaware we were waiting. 5 minutes later, the original hostess told us our table was ready and escorted us halfway to it, then abruptly stopped - it was still cluttered with dishes. Any restaurant that can't turn over its tables at peak hours has a big problem. The food was fine and moderately priced, but the waitress a rather slow.Special Features:
- service needs improvementOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014Seem short staffed work a weekend night. Maria Our waitress seemed quite unexperienced. Food pretty pricey for portions or what it is.
- noise levelOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/1/2014The only thing we didn't like was the noise level. We had to speak well above a normal tone of voice to hear each other. Not good for conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe it was an off nightLiketoDineHatetoWhineDined on 11/1/2014We've been coming to Brio for years, and always had a great experience (until last Sat.). Made our reservation via Open Table, and requested a booth for a party of 4. I noted that our 95 y/o mother was coming, and we'd like the booth as it's away from the noise. We know requests cannot always be honored. We arrived on time for our 5:30 reservation, and were told that we couldn't have a booth, as a full house was expected and the booths are saved for larger parties. Fair enough. It was pretty empty at 5:30, but we said ok and took the table next to the noisy kitchen. After being seated, we then watched a party of 3 seated at a booth, and then a party of 4 given a booth! Our server was a bit slow and inattentive. Disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly and accommodatingYumsDined on 10/25/2014We were running late so we called and they were very accommodating at changing the time. We like to share food but not off each others plate and we had not problems asking them to split the meals. Salmon and Lemon chicken were tasty.
- LOVED the pumpkin raviolicflahDined on 10/23/2014Had lunch with four BFFs, al but one ordered the pumpkin ravioli and LOVED IT. It was a perfect size for lunch and the flavors were great. Great service tooooooo.Special Features:
- Great Choice on Sweetest DayMic2Dined on 10/18/2014Service and quality of food was outstanding. Our server did an excellent job and did not rush us.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014Have always had an enjoyable meal at Brio. This experience was no exception.Special Features:
- wonderful fooddentistDined on 10/16/2014I invited a colleague to dine with me at Brio for lunch. The food was very good and the ambience suited the occasion. I would definitely return to this restaurant for another occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyableJanetDined on 10/13/2014First time here with family for a birthday. All really enjoyed their meal. Our waiter was knowledgable and attentive. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Was GooddineoutdivaDined on 10/11/2014Our group of 6 all enjoyed the food, as we celebrated my 65th birthday. We all agreed the noise level was annoying, and the service could have been better. This was our first visit to the restaurant, and perhaps we would return on another occasion. The cost of the entrees were in line with other quality restaurants in the area. The server was friendly, but waiting 10 mins for steak sauce to accompany my meal was a bit much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceCadillacDaveDined on 10/11/2014Great food and super service. We have grown to consider Brio our "go to" restaurant among the many fine restaurants in the area. We get good food, can have good conversation, and then go to Drury Lane for a play. Great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeMalesiaDined on 10/11/2014The staff was very friendly and attentive. The food was outstanding. We do not live close but we are planning to visit again very soon.Special Features:
- All & All, Good....BearyHungryDined on 10/10/2014Restaurant is great, good Italian atmosphere. Menu is great and only problem is picking which plate you want to try. Prices are good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wrong ordersNeptunaVIPDined on 10/10/2014This was not a good trip to the restaurant. The server got 3 entrées out of 6 wrong. A 50% incorrect order placement is not acceptable. The calamari was way too spicy. The salad was good. The filet, once they got the right one with the sweet potatoes, was above average. A very noisy night. Slow service on top of it. Won't be on my top 10 list.Special Features:
- Great place......ODYSSEYCEBDined on 10/9/2014Everything about this restaurant is far above others in the area. They excel at every aspect of an enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:
- great servicepmvforfoodDined on 10/9/2014We had a group of 6 to sit in the bar and have apps and drinks. The music was great, but a little too loud for us to hear each other, so our waitress was so accommodating and was able to move us to the couch/fireplace are where we could talk. Very much appreciated!Special Features:
- sadly deterioratedCyrano1818Dined on 10/5/2014It has been a couple of years since we last went to Brio. My wife and I dined there last month and yet again this past weekend. The menu is much smaller than last time; food does not have the same distinctive flavor as before...I had veal milanese and the veal was very thin and cooked to the point of being tough. With a smaller menu, less distinctive taste, wait staff forgetting items both times we were there recently, and the restaurant was not hardly full on a Sunday night....has all the makings of a restaurant in trouble. Too many good restaurants in the area to return to Brio for a third time.
- DiningbuddyDined on 10/4/2014Wait staff was very attentive, food was excellent and although a little noisy because there were several groups, our experience was great. We would definitely recommend Brio's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Terrible ServiceMyTurnVIPDined on 9/27/2014The food was very good once we got it. Half the tables were open in the restaurant, but it still took 2 1/2 hours for us to get our food!Special Features:
- Nice outdoor diningTarheelborn1VIPDined on 9/26/2014We enjoyed our lunch at Brio even though it was a bit crowded. Our waiter had some difficulty but made an effort to give really good service. The outdoor area was pleasant and comfortable. Favorite dishes were the Shrimp Mediterranean and the Steak with roasted vegetables.Special Features:
- tasty & accomodatingBobbieVIPDined on 9/24/2014ran into friends there, quickly made up a table for 8& gave us separate checks. service and food good.Special Features:
- anniversary dinnerGladEolaDined on 9/20/2014We've been to Brio a few times before and booked it this time for our anniversary. We made notes in the special request box to be seated at a quiet booth away from the door and kitchen. In the past these requests were honored. This time we were seated right next to the kitchen where it was loud and noisy. The only other table they offered us was two tables away from that spot. We took it, but had to scream at each other all through our dinner. Also, my salmon was raw in the center. Great dish but the piece was so thick, it was actually raw in the middle. The waiter brought me the wrong sized salad and charged me the higher price too. Sadly, the anniversary dinner was not so special. Probably won't return any time too soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!lovemuttiDined on 9/20/2014Went with family for Bday...outstanding food and excellent service. Loved it!Special Features:
- Great Menueater02Dined on 9/19/2014Lots of good food on the menu - we asked our server for suggestions and the Egg Plant appetizer was great. You won't be sorry if you try this one.Special Features:
- nothing special.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014The restaurant is really nothing that special. It had a nice atmosphere. It's a little loud in there and difficult to hear conversation. The food prices were OK. Just nothing that special in the end.Special Features:
- Very Good Food and Good ValueMsIngieDined on 9/11/2014I recently rediscovered Brio and have to say I'm very glad I did. The food is quite good and the prices are in line for the quality. Very pleasant surroundings, attentive service and not your average menu.Special Features:
- Outside LunchGEEZEEVIPDined on 9/8/2014Lunch was amazing - the food and service was great! The only thing I'd have to complain about were the bees - they were everywhere!Special Features:
- Yum!MonaDined on 9/6/2014Best food at a reasonable price. Never had a bad experience!Special Features:
- Nice Patio & excellent cuisineBernieVIPDined on 9/3/2014Brio is definitely one of the Oak Brook neighborhood gems. It is one of our favorites for dinner. We also love the great happy hour selections. Always great service, and friendly atmosphere.Special Features:
- Dinner with old friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We had dinner with four old friends last Saturday evening. The food (I had the grilled salmon) and service was great.Special Features:
- Mediocrefood4thoughtDined on 8/30/2014The food was fine, but the service was somewhat inattentive. Our cheesecake was sour, and we had to send it back. Generally forgettable restaurant that I would not recommend.
- Pleasant eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Our group of 6 thought the food was excellent. The noise level was high at first, but we were able to hear each other talk. I've been here often and will continue to come back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/24/2014Restaurant and service were good. Food-Furnished by food service company. Burger not worth it for the money. Should be fresh 90/10 burger not frozen food service product.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!!CocoDined on 8/22/2014Simply, The best food you will ever eat. Every appetizer, main dish and desert are amazing. The service is very good and the servers went out of their way to find out if we were celebrating a special occasion. We were, and they put a little lit candle in the desert. Very nice touch, good service, great food. I'l be back again very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.