Brinkley's Broome St.
406 Broome Street
New York, NY 10013Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Brinkley's Broome St.
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://brinkleysbroomestreet.com/
- Phone: 2126805600
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 2:00am, Saturday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Keith Harry
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Our catering menu features some of our top sellers, all using market-fresh, and locally sourced ingredients. For drinks, our signature cocktail list, Premium open bar, or the best of NY State’s beer and wine selection, are all available. Choose from our pre-set catering packages or let our chef work with you to create the perfect menu to suit your occasion.
- Entertainment: We feature European sports daily and most major United States sporting events on our flat screen TV’s behind the bar.
A word from Brinkley's Broome St.
Opened in 2009, Brinkley’s popular Gastropub, located on a compelling corner of Broome Street in SoHo, is a haven for neighborhood enjoyment in a casual setting. Bike propped against the building, Brinkley likes to unwind meeting a group for Sunday brunch. Or perhaps he’s taken a seat at the bar where he can catch his favorite match over a pint of local, New York state beer. Although Brinkley is partial to the Grass-fed Burger, the menu offers a variety of pub classics like Three-Cheese Mac and Cheese and Duck Fat Fries as well as farm fresh options like Kale and Brussels Sprout Salad and Roasted Black Garlic Hummus. Here Brinkley will always make you feel at home, please come say hello.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Brinkley's Broome St. reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (3)vibrant bar scene (2)good for groups (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Awful Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/27/2014The service was woeful, the beer was warm, the sliders were so minuscule you would have to eat 8 servings of them to come close to a main meal. You would think the server would have suggested an additional meal choice for dinner. The mac and cheese was exceptionally bland. I would not recommend this place to anyone hoping for good service, good food, cold beer and/or value for money.
- Work LunchhighergroundDined on 10/21/2014Met here for a work lunch, great place for a quick meeting. I was coming from the financial district and he was coming from midtown. Food was great and the bar tables are perfect for some papers to go through.Special Features:
- Great burgerNycfooooodDined on 10/15/2014I came here after work for a quick bite and beer.. wasn't really expecting much. However, the burger is outstanding! Sweet potato fries are excellent as well. Get an extra side of chipotle mayo and you're good to go!Special Features:
- The following 62 reviews are from the Brinkley's Broome St. reviews archive.
- Mother's Day brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Had a great and quiet Mother's Day brunch. Had a 9 month old with is who was very well catered to. Good food. Quiet ambienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treatKodapendentDined on 4/20/2014We made a great choice to return here for Easter brunch. The food was excellent, and it was served hot and stayed hot. The wait staff is genuinely friendly and very attentive; we were never without a smile or an icy cold beer throughout. Talented musicians entertained at a good decibel. A few extra watts in the restroom lighting, however, wouldn't go amiss.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BlahOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/1/2014Very disappointed in the restaurant and would definitely not go there again. The buss boy delivered most of our food to the wrong table. The menu was boring and unimaginative. The waitress who served us was very nice though about the problems and tried to make up for the rest of the restaurant.Special Features:
- nice7061snowDined on 12/11/2013nice people, nice music - nice to be there for a burger and a beer (an another one)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great energy, average serviceBC12VIPDined on 12/7/2013Service was not great and we had a few issues with our drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood spotwestvillagegirlVIPDined on 11/10/2013Laid-back, cheery decor. Friendly service. Gluten free options and healthy picks overall that still taste good! Kale and brussels sprouts salad was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spot.LMcGDined on 10/26/2013Been meaning to check out Brinkley's for a while so was delighted when a friend suggested we stop in for brunch one Saturday. The decor is fab. The food is yum (although after I left I realized I never got the parmesan homefries that were supposed to come with my order of scrambled eggs) and while I didn't drink anything more than coffee, I was impressed with the bar menu's list of local beers and wines. My only complaint was that our waitress was a little rude.Special Features:
- Great Locavore SpotEmilyDined on 10/24/2013This place is a cute decor, with an excellent beer list and a lot of really vegetarian friendly options. the wait staff was super sweet and attentive. There are a ton of people hanging out in the bar area, which is a fun ambiance, but definitely not quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yum!NesbizzleDined on 10/19/2013The brussel sprout salad was delicious! I'm going to come back just to have that again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place for meeting friends...OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 5/24/2013We were a large group, needing place with a few options (and they WERE good) for the Vegans with us. However, the noise level was such that we couldn't talk across the table. There were a lot of hard surfaces that amplified the music, it's a hard combo: a hip, energetic atmosphere and decibels low enough to converse, leading to lingering and spending more money on food and drink! Everyone was happy with the food and location, we ranged in age from 60 down to 18.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had the fish tacos whichnyc9VIPDined on 4/27/2013I had the fish tacos which weren't bad, but not great.Special Features:
- We had brunch at their midtownOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/17/2013We had brunch at their midtown location a few weeks ago and had a great experience, and then tried their SoHo location. We were extremely disappointed- the music was so loud we could barely hear each other, the restaurant smelled like chlorine or bleach, the waitress (although sweet) was very inexperienced (as in, brought a cup with a teabag but no water, then returned with water but no milk or sugar). We were surprised that some basic restaurant items were missing- they don't have herbal tea at this location, but have a few selections at the midtown location. Even though the menu is the same at both, the caliber downtown is definitely not up to par with midtown. All in all, would not go back or recommend it.
- Simply PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/28/2013I've been here for lunch. Fabulous neighborhood spot for a tasty bite. The experience is simply perfect - food, service, ambiance/music -- all just right for an enjoyable afternoon visit with a friend. A special thank you to the staff who understand how to make your time with them enjoyable. I'm always surprised at how many restaurants fall down on the service end of things, but the staff at Brinkley's knows how to do the job and do it exceptionally well! Definitely put this restaurant on your list of places to enjoy!Special Features:
- DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/16/2013Terrible service. Service was so bad we had to get our own drinks from the bar. Our waiter never came to check on us. It is not like he was busy, there was hardly anyone in the resturant. He just did not care...will never go back even though the food is good.Special Features:
- Good food, good bloody mary's,CesarVIPDined on 1/19/2013Good food, good bloody mary's, good service - couldn't ask for more on a Saturday brunch.Special Features:
- Brinkleys is an awesome placepickyEaterVIPDined on 1/13/2013Brinkleys is an awesome place all around. Its great for dinner, sunday lunch or just for the night out. definitely order the duck fat fries. not a huge selection of items on the menu but all items are better than your typical bar fair. highly recommend.Special Features:
- Bad service, food was goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/8/2012When our party arrived, they told the hostess that they were there for a surprise birthday party and that the only people left from our party were the guest of honor and the friend bringing him. Nevertheless when I arrived with the birthday boy, the hostess said enthusiastically to us "The rest of your party is here! How many more of you are there?" Oh, well, so much for the surprise. No biggie. Then: really long waits to be served at every step of the meal with various members of our party having to get up and ask for a server about 3 different times. When we finally got waited on after 45+ min. total of waiting we got chipper banter about the restaurant's remodel and no apology. The food was good. Was my 2nd time there. Won't return.
- Vibrant spot in SohoOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/25/2012The atmosphere was definitely vibrant. Not a spot for a quiet dinner, but food and drinks were great. Quick and friendly service.Special Features:
- Things have gone downhillOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/13/2012Things have gone downhill at Brinkley's, at least in terms of the food. The menu is more limited, the burgers got noticeably smaller, & what's the deal with no regular fries, only sweet potato or duck fat? I've eaten here many times but was quite disappointed on my last visit.
- the lobster club was fineOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2012the lobster club was fine but the pigs in a blanket were awful. the were greasy and looked like they were left over from the night before I should of sent them back - the waiter should of been embarresed for even serving them. Never again
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/2/2012Made last minute reservations mid-day to have a drink, get lunch and watch the Roddick match. We had drinks and appetizers and it was awesome! We ended up with 2 servers as the first one's shift ended while we were there. The first server, Jeff, was outstanding! The second was okay but not as personable and fun.
- Great food, disjointed serviceMelindaDined on 7/1/2012Cool decor. Great food, excellent drinks. Fantastic crowd - young and vibrant. Service slow & inaccurate. This may well be because the Euro soccer was on and they were packed out. Will definitely be going back for brunch to give it another chance.Special Features:
- Nice little spot good forOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/4/2012Nice little spot good for a quick casual bite. More of a bar scene than dinner sceneSpecial Features:
- Downfall: Brinkley's doesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/24/2012Downfall: Brinkley's does not participate fully in the reservation system to allow diners to accumulate points for discounts.Special Features:
- The burger was tasty, onlynonicknameDined on 12/12/2011The burger was tasty, only it was too round. This may sound like an odd criticism, but imagine a burger shaped like a tennis ball (for real). Now imagine trying to get your mouth around that ball. It's doable but not fun. In addition, imagine what kind of bun would be required to fortify such a burger. Thankfully this burger did not have such a bun, but in consequence the bun crumbled under the weight of the burger and all the topping fell out. The flavor was good, but the experience was disappointing. My server was very friendly and agreeable.Special Features:
- Fun bar atmosphere. MusicOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/8/2011Fun bar atmosphere. Music was really load. Food was very good. So was the beer.Special Features:
- As an expat Brit I went forOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/4/2011As an expat Brit I went for brunch, the menu suggested there was a Sunday Lunch (English style, with all the trimmings) which is why went. When we asked about it apparently "it started at 3pm"!, which is either bizarre or code for " we don't do it". We arrived at 1.30, and were there at 3, there was no real sign of the demand for roast dinner, they may want to take this off the menu. The eggs with duck confit was ok, if a bit salty, the Caesar salad was peculiar, 2 hearts of romaine with a bit of sauce, half a boiled egg on the side on top of an overcooked/dry butterfly chicken breast. My daughter had the burger, not the best, cheese was rubbery, no kids menu etc. I was somewhat disappointed to be honest
- awesome bloody mary's and brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/4/2011The bloody mary selection is fantastic. For a foodie looking for a great breakfast sandwich and awesome bloody mary, look no further. We had a party of 6 at the back round table which was a great seat. I would request this table in the future.Special Features:
- The food was good in general.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/20/2011The food was good in general. We ordered trout and there was only a little piece of it but it was good.
- Really fun place. A bit expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/11/2011Really fun place. A bit expensive for the food but great scene. Some food is great some just ok.Special Features:
- neat neighborhood bar, burgersOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/1/2011neat neighborhood bar, burgers were excellent, good serviceSpecial Features:
- We had a group coming, andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/18/2011We had a group coming, and as usual, some people were really late. The waitress didn't bug us at all and basically let us sit there for an hour drinking coffee before everyone got there and we finally ordered. No pressure to leave at the end of the meal either.Special Features:
- The food is great and comesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/17/2011The food is great and comes in smaller portions which is perfect for bar eating. We expected more of a full-on dinner experience, but it was more like high-end bar finger foods. Really delicious though!Special Features:
- I went here at midnight afterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2011I went here at midnight after reading their website to look at the menu. I sat down and they told me they had a latenight menu which they would tell us about in a few minutes. They should really make an actual late-night menu instead of listing them off. They only have like 6 items at night and were out of half of them. I ended up paying for my diet coke and leaving. They should put the fact that they only serve a few items after a certain time on their website.
- Menu was limited, extremelyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/30/2011Menu was limited, extremely unhealthy and not particularly appealing. the best thing was the charcteruie plate -- everything else was either "ok" or "bad". i was very disappoitned as were the two other people who dined with me.Special Features:
- the worst service in the historyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/17/2011I have never been treated so poorly at a restaurant. We were treated like we did not even exist. The place was no busy at all yet it was a half an hour from the moment we got in to the moment we left and other people were being seated before us. The Host and wait staff were too busy chatting with their friends than worrying about doing their own jobs. I would not go back even if they paid me!!!!
- This was my second time goingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/2/2011This was my second time going to Brinkley's and at first I was a little bummed because they had just changed their menu. The duck three ways and braised rabbit were INSANELY good the first time I went there. But this time was equally as delicious and the service was even better. Our waitress and I assume the manager of the restaurant as well were very attentive and asked us how everything was. We even requested a table to view one of the TV's for the Final Four games and they placed us in an awesome spot with a clear view!Special Features: