277 E. 10th St.
New York, NY 10009Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.brindleroom.com/index.html
- Phone: 2125299702
- Hours of Operation:
Wonder City Donut & Coffee Bar: Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 11:00am;
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm;
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 12:00am,
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:00am
Sunday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jeremy Spector
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Farm to Table, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Brindle Room
Brindle Room is an award winning restaurant in New York's East Village and home to eclectic, gourmet comfort food and excellent brunchContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Brindle Room reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (21)fit for foodies (15)great for brunch (7)great for lunch (7)late-night find (5)romantic (5)good for groups (5)hot spot (4)special occasion (2)notable wine list (1)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Loud FestiveIncredibleVIPDined on 8/19/2014Unexpected surprise for well delivered that was delicious. The staff were working the entire as two servers/management. The only drawback for me was don't expect a quiet night out with the way the room was designed decibels of conversation was at time uncomfortably loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a favoritepiafVIPDined on 8/15/2014Delicious burger and great happy hour specials including $1 oysters. Duck confit poutine is a very special dish, but a commitment. Space is small and seems a little cramped for waitstaff, whose terse competence is best viewed as a charming quirk. They sell their homemade hot sauce - if you're into that sort of thing, pick up a bottle for sure. This spot has been a local favorite since it came on the scene.Special Features:
- Carb free mealsShojinMonkeyVIPDined on 8/12/2014I really like that is is easy to avoid carbs here as you can pick out the sides that come with the entrees. We have tried chicken, pork, steak, and seafood, as well as several veggie dishes, and everything has been good considering the price.Special Features:
- Delish complimentary donut holesTastyplateDined on 7/19/2014I went there my first time to try the highly recommended burger, cooked at the chefs medium well suggestion. The Italian parmasean fries perfect . The drinks were great especially my new favorite "Donkey Punch". The peak moment was the complimentary caramel powdered sugar donut hole warm and delicious, a perfect way to end a scrumptious meal ; a delightful evening out with my friends. Cheers to you Brindle RoomSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch at BrindleDustyDined on 7/13/2014What a fabulous place! Felt like we just had a home cooked meal by a REAllY terrific chef!!! Lovely ambience and friendly efficient staff. Want to return soon to try Dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just gets better and betterBrindleroomfanboyDined on 7/5/20144th time coming here, and the food seems to taste better and better every time I come here. It's ridiculous to say but it's so true. I will never get over that burger. I can't go anywhere else to have a burger anymore because they all taste horrible compared to this one. Such friendly service and great vibes I love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A damn good burger!JohnFDined on 7/2/2014One of the better burgers I've had in a long time and the fries were equally insane. And to cap off a great lunch they were playing Rush the entire time we were there. If you like burgers you cannot go wrong at this place. I will def be back!Special Features:
- Brindle Room is a GemMWEVDined on 6/28/2014Great food. Friendly staff. Definitely a place to check out.Special Features:
- Great BurgerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/24/2014Lacking in some ambiance and charm (too quite and too bright), but the burger was outstanding.
- so disappointedcharley19Dined on 6/17/2014service was poor, arugula salad disappointing, Kale salad was better but not great. Salmon dry on the edges, center cooked right, crispy skin it was a good - sides braised kale had hot red pepper flakes in it which is not mentioned on menu or by staff I couldn't eat it. service was not good, main dish came out about 5 mins after they served the salad - this is kitchen's fault or the way they enter tickets but the waitress wasn't helpful or apologetic - it was more of an attitude of too bad.. i saw at least 2 burgers go back to the kitchen - in total I would not go back and would not recommend - way too many better place in the East Village..
- Delicious doughnuts!JenniferVIPDined on 6/7/2014Best "gourmet" doughnuts ever. For this alone I'd return to Brindle Room.Special Features:
- Great Appetizersgtorres22Dined on 6/6/2014Great Appetizers but the main dishes fell short. I loved the Mussels for the appetizers but my main dish (Rib-eye steak) fell far short of delicious. I also disliked all the sides. I view this place as a great place to meet up for appetizers and drinks but not so much for a full meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Foodmle1234Dined on 5/25/2014People rave about the burgers here but I have not ordered one. I always find more exciting options. I had the lamb salad here recently and I cannot wait to go back and have it again. It was inventive and delicious.Special Features:
- comfort food at its bestgourmetgourmandDined on 5/24/2014We had a wonderful dinner at Brindle with of course Duck Poutine but also the seafood curry and a range of small plates including the pork belly. Everything was perfectly seasonned and so tasty! The atmosphere was nice and laid back and the service attentive. Everything one could ask for!
- Awesome !DanielleDined on 5/17/2014The service at The Brindle Room was outstanding and there were only two people doing everything! They were hosting, serving,bussing you name it! I really enjoyed the Duck Poutine and their famous burger. A lot of love goes into their food and operation. I will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bustling & TastyDavidVIPDined on 5/16/2014The hostess/waitress we started off with was a bit snooty, but the guy who ended up helping us was very nice. The place was quite busy and had a nice buzz about it. The duck confit poutine was as you would expect - comfort food par excellence. The hamburger was also extremely good and expertly prepared with a top notch beef blend. The kale salad could have used a bit more to elevate it, perhaps more crunchy walnuts and some pear and perhaps a bit more pecorino. The fact that the menu is small as is the wine list is really refreshing, allowing the restaurant to focus in on what it does well and to keep prices down - a real bargain find in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OKabcdVIPDined on 5/6/2014Very nice staff. It has a very loose nice vibe - wine in jam jars. Food was middling.
- The following 148 reviews are from the Brindle Room reviews archive.
- Solid food selectionMrABDined on 5/1/2014Liked the ribeye and my girlfriend's jerk pork tenderloin was flavorful without being heavy on spice. Service was quick, without being overwhelming.Special Features:
- Beware of serverOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014All in all the food was okay. Nothing that wowed me. Went to the place because it was on diner drive ins and dives. The duck confit was awesome but everything was okay. The lady server was horrible. She had an attitude all night and made us feel really uncomfortable. She didn't care about her job and didn't care about the customers. If you have the girl server when you go. BEWARE!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GodlyBrindleroomfanboyDined on 4/20/2014If you want the best food ever, and you better order the burger, go here. Life changing food and I never say that. The world needs to know about the Brindle RoomSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and friendly staff!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2014The food was incredible, and the service was fast, professional, and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- True to the buzzBravoDined on 4/19/2014I'd heard some hype about the Brindle Room...the duck poutine, burgers, wings. It's all legit. Truly. Did I mention the duck poutine? It's a tight little space, but not uncomfortable. Wait staff is great. Beer list is short but thoughtful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome burger and poutineOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/14/2014Burger is delicious. I'm in a burger club and we went there solely for the burger. It was delicious and I loved the duck poutine. Go!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must try!BiklesVIPDined on 4/9/2014We had the most decadent and delicious dish - pulled duck with fries and cheese - if you are not concerned with calories, you must try this! Other delicious dishes include the pork belly, the kale salad, and their burger is out of this world! It is not huge but the patty itself is one of the tastiest we have ever had. Our waitress was loads of fun and made great suggestions! The restaurant is small, relaxed, and dark but cozy. I was surprised to find that it was not that crowded at 7pm but maybe people have not discovered it yet? I would definitely come back and I would highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must get the burgerPaigeVIPDined on 4/5/2014Burger was amazing! Also noticed their happy hour on a chalkboard and will definitely come back for thatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything we hoped forMichaelDined on 4/5/2014The burgers were everything we were hoping for. Perfectly cooked to order. The meat is a coarser grind than found in most other "burger joints", very flavorful and juicy (even my wife's well-done). Little condiment is needed. I used a little hot sauce. The caramelized onions added the perfect accent. The braised kale is also excellent. I'm ashamed to say I cannot remember the name of our hostess, who spent time with us, and answered all our questions, even the ones she's heard a million times. Already planning our next visit. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BurgerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/5/2014Saw this place on Triple D and my mom was coming in to town so we had to try it. The burger was excellent, not too big and super filling. Very cute spot. Would definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I would have given this reviewBatgirl123Dined on 3/29/2014I would have given this review a 5 star except for the veryyyy rude guy. All the lady servers are nice except the guy. We barely finished eating and here he comes taking all the dishes. My friend asked for a napkin and he said, "again?!". Not even a thank you when we left!Special Features:
- Amazing burgerHoneydropDined on 3/28/2014Had their burger and fries! Burger is worth coming back for, super juicy and delicious! Complimentary donuts were a great plus!Special Features:
- So happy my TIVO records "DDD"drod717Dined on 3/24/2014I sat down on my couch for a few minutes on Sunday and looked at my recorded shows. There was a new episode of Diners..... The Brindle Room was one of his stops. I watched Guy order the Duck Poutine and the chef make him a burger and I knew I had to get there. Turned out I was going to be a block away the next night. I made my reservation and couldn't wait. Thankfully the Duck Poutine was a special so had that and a bowl of the Spaghetti Carbonara, also a special. The duck was fantastic, a terrific sized portion which I filled up on before my pasta made it to the table. Chef Jeremy was spinning vinyl records as it was vinyl Monday and my waitress was great. Can't wait to go back and have the burger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!BuffalovisitorsDined on 3/21/2014Our party of six had the chef's tasting menu. It was well worth it. The delicious dishes kept coming and the service was perfect, attentive but not annoying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not as amazing i was told it isgrnycDined on 3/20/2014people are raving about the burgers and duck confi (however you spell this), the burger was good, nothing magical about it, the duck was very good, interesting tastes but very little duck, a lot of fried and cheese
- The Burger and The Duck PoutineOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/19/2014I have to add my voice to the chorus of huzzahs. The burger and the duck poutine are simply not to be missed. And have a beer. You'll be very full but you won't regret it.
- Nice spot for a weekday dinner.beckysixpacksDined on 3/19/2014Nice spot for a weekday dinner. Nothing was out of this world, but everything was enjoyable. Service was quick, friendly, and helpful. The restaurant itself is pretty small, so if you're not into squeezed seating, don't go here. The intimate atmosphere makes it pretty sweet for a date. And the complimentary donut holes given after your meal are a nice perk!Special Features:
- Service - pretty cold and unhelpfulFussyeaterVIPDined on 3/9/2014Had heard good things, but was underwhelmed. Doesn't serve spirits/liqueur, wine list is very limited and the staff could be much warmer and more helpful.
- The Brindle Room AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/9/2014What a gem of a restaurant. Went a few weeks ago for lunch and had to try the hamburger. Juicy, delicious goodness. Met some friends for an early dinner on Sunday. Scored the 4 top which gave us a bit of privacy. I had to try the Duck Confit Poutine that night. Decadent. Duck confit on top of fries with cheese curds and gravy. An absolute Must!Special Features:
- Amazing foodSkyGuyDined on 3/8/2014This little gem tucked away in the East Village brought a smile to my face. The burger was the best I've ever had and I'm not a big burger fan. I also had a dish called Shakshuka. Poached eggs in an amazing background of salsa, feta and other bits that was out of this world.Special Features:
- Duck poutine + burger = delicious!Eschre1VIPDined on 3/4/2014After catching the Brindle Room on Diners, Drives, & Dives, I couldn't wait to taste what Guy was salavating over! The duck poutine is phenomenal! It is savory and served as an appetizer! It is a hearty serving of crispy fries, duck meat, gravy, & cheese curd. The burger was also delicious! It was properly cooked, which we all know how hard it is to get a perfectly cooked piece of meat! It also had nice crunch, and topped with sauteed onions. Don't freak when you don't see them on the menu. They are the "specials". Go hungry!Special Features:
- Poutine, poutine, poutineLotus14Dined on 2/27/2014The duck poutine is magnificent, and huge, easily feeds two as an appetizer, or one as a meal. Burger is also fantastic. Short but nice beer selection. Restaurant is very cosy, and very small, but is well worth the visit. A class act. And it is walkable from McSorley's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great servicedomiflixDined on 2/23/2014This place is off the hook. The food was amazing, super rich, but delish. The service was the most amazing i've had in NYC. One girl took care of the entire place by herself, and the place was slammed. I was very impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.