88 Belden Place
San Francisco, CA 94104Neighborhood:
Downtown / Union Square
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.brindisicucina.com/
- Phone: (415) 593-8000x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday: 11:00am - 10:30pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm Closed Sundays
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wine
- Special Events: WORLDCUP BEGINS JUNE 11 WATCH ALL DAY GAMES ON 50" BIG SCREEN ON OUTDOOR PATIO! PERONI PROMOTIONS MAKE YOUR RESERVATIONS TODAY!
A word from Brindisi
Located on Belden Place in the heart of the financial district. Wonderful al fresco atmosphere, European style. Unbeatable seafood Italian cuisine. The quintessential dinning experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Brindisi reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (28)neighborhood gem (18)fit for foodies (17)great for lunch (14)good for groups (13)romantic (12)special occasion (12)notable wine list (8)hot spot (5)great for brunch (3)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Amazing!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014we really enjoyed this evening,everything was perfect,even weather was so nice,it felt like little Italy.From the beginning everybody was very friendly,personable and very attentive,the owner spent so much time with us,we felt special and food -just excellent,5 stars!!!Special Features:
- AaaaDined on 10/17/2014White wine and sparkling wine weren't enough cold, food great, service even betterSpecial Features:
- MixedLMMMDined on 10/16/2014The calamari app was awesome. My dinner partner loved the cioppino., but the kale salad and the scallop risotto were bland. Fantastic chocolate torte! I would try Brindisi again. Service as good.Special Features:
- Great food and wine!LewesDined on 10/15/2014A group of us from the East Coast found this gem on Open Table and we are so glad we did!Special Features:
- A must visitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014Authentic cuisine. Excellent service. Food was delicious and prices were in line with other restaurants. Will dine there again when in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Supersfgat3rDined on 10/10/2014We were in town for my nephew's wedding. I lived in SF for 30 years so am pretty familiar with a number of restaurants there. This was the perfect evening with the perfect dinner and setting. It made for a great start to a beautiful weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining Experiencefun4friendsDined on 10/10/2014My husband and I arrived first in a group of 7. We had reservations. We were welcomed in a very nice manner and shown to our table. Meal and drink menus was given to us right way, and we were asked if there was any thing we wanted until our guests arrived. We ordered some wonderful drinks. Everyone in our party enjoyed their food. My shrimp was a little spicy for my taste, which was quickly and gladly replaced with a lemon shrimp. The swordfish was mild, moist and well presented. A seafood pot pie was said to be very good, and would order it again. Thank you to the chef and staff for a fine evening with excellent drinks, food, and great service from friendly, welcoming, and helpful staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RobmoralVIPDined on 10/9/2014Friendly service, good Italian seafood dishes. Great European atmosphere of Belden Lane!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary success!ShannonDined on 9/24/2014Had a wonderful dinner with the best service ever. Couldn't have been a nicer evening.Special Features:
- Good Italian FoodLydiaFanDined on 9/19/2014Brindisi serves good Italian food at fair prices, has friendly service and is nicely situated on a small pedestrian side street. We chose to eat outside since it was a pleasant evening. I enjoyed the chef's preparation of ricotta gnocchi (light and airy) and a side of the Meatballs alls Nona (dense and flavorful). My husband took the sole entree, which was generously apportioned and tasty. The restaurant opened at 5pm, which made it possible for us to have a leisurely meal and still travel to the Civic Center area for a performance. We would definitely return to Brindisi when we're in town for a show.Special Features:
- mopsyDined on 9/12/2014Great food and great service. All four of us enjoyed our evening, the wine recommended by our server was great. Overall a delicious meal and a great experience.Special Features:
- Successful group dinnerDSchnekenBDined on 9/8/2014Brought a group of 12 for dinner and it was an excellent experience. The food was excellent, the service was quite good and the pricing was reasonable. I would recommend it highly. In fact Belden Pl as a whole is really a nice find in SF.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Feels like EuropetalariaDined on 9/6/2014We sat outside. The heaters made it very comfortable. The appetizer was very good. My entree was good, but not special. However, the side was extraordinary. My dining partner said her dinner was very good. The wine list has well known California wineries, but there are Italian labels that we really enjoyed. The head waiter was knowledgeable and helpful about the wines. The rest of the staff was very friendly and helpful. Overall a very leisurely, enjoyable meal.Special Features:
- Excellent!Bob0117VIPDined on 8/22/2014Our waitress made the night great - we had a sommelier with us and she perused the wine list diligently but the wine she picked for every course the restaurant did not have! It was somewhat exasperating that they could be out of so many on the list. But the waitress was great in bringing up a comparable substitute that passed muster. Also they were out of all 3 of the oyster types on the menu but did have one off menu option which was great. Why not advise that you are out of so many things up front? ON THE OTHER HAND - the food, wine, atmosphere, and service were excellent!!! Pluses far outweighed the minuses and I would absolutely go back. Perhaps the best cannoli I have ever had, very unique!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/21/2014Predictably good experience, everytime. One of my favorite go-to meeting places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian SeafoodIntrepidComidaDined on 8/15/2014If like me, you're a bit tired of the pasta heavy Tuscan-style Italian recipes, Brindisi nails the Adriatic style cuisine found in Venice and other ports on the eastern side of Italy. I felt transported to another land - we both felt as if we were no longer in SF (we had dined outdoors in Venice and Dubruvnik earlier this year so we were getting a bit of deja vu). I was surprised it wasn't full as other area restaurants so a walk up reservation may work if you're meandering in the Financial district. Great food, great service and I was able to have a normal decibel level conversation with my wife.Special Features:
- Great restaurantLizzieVIPDined on 8/8/2014Excellent service and delicious food. Sitting outside for lunch in a sunny day was wonderful! Great wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looks touristy but notLaceyrooDined on 8/5/2014A friend recommended Brindisi for outdoor dining in SF. When I saw how long the menu was my heart sank because no kitchen can produce that many dishes well. But to my surprise both of our appetizers and entrees were quite good. The waiter was attentive and personable without inserting himself into our conversation - perfect balance.Special Features:
- Very good except dessertsluv2dineDined on 7/31/2014The appetizers, salads and entrees were all very good. Everyone in our group of 6 were pleased. The desserts, however, were disappointing.Special Features:
- Poor Customer ServicehawaiifoodieDined on 7/25/2014The food was excellent and the service was too until the mishap. It was a windy night and a poorly placed glass partition almost came crashing down on my friend's head. The consequences of this could have been tragic, from a head injury to death. We notified the server, who was going to send the owner over. The owner never came over but appeared as we were leaving. We did not hear any apology nor was any part of the meal complimentary. The lack of concern for the well being of the customers is disturbing.Special Features:
- DeliciousDavidVIPDined on 7/24/2014Fantastic in-the-alley eatery. I had the crab bisque, crab bruschetta, and king salmon. Everything was perfectly fresh, cooked to perfection. David was serving my table, and his service was great. Very friendly and to me, attentive and very enthusiastic about Brindi's food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best find outside Italia!!!DinewclassVIPDined on 7/22/2014The food was authentically delicious. The owner and hostess add a touch of class. This is a really enjoyable lunch experience. Thanks.Special Features:
- Tourist trapChefRobbDined on 7/3/2014I was greatly disappointed after reading other reviews. This was a poor example of Italian seafood dining. The house dish "linguine Brindisi" was dry, the shellfish was cold and the sauce was nothing to write home about. The Chef stood around and played on his phone the entire time, not paying any attention to the food leaving the tiny kitchen. I cannot recommend this restaurant to anyone, there are far better choices in San Francisco.
- The following 352 reviews are from the Brindisi reviews archive.
- Excellent EveningJohnGDined on 6/14/2014Discovered on 'Open Table' at the last minute. There were five of us and the evening was a very nice one. Although it took a fair amount of time to receive our orders, everyone agreed the food was excellent. And I'll give them somewhat of a pass on the delay as the kitchen is quite small. The owner was very friendly and attentive, visiting our table several time to welcome us, answer menu questions and make sure we were enjoying ourselves. Very nice experience.Special Features:
- Friendly and Fun!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/14/2014We dined here after conference meetings at the Moscone center. It was a pleasant walk from the center. The food was great --especially the pasta with the baked pizza crust and the sole. I can't comment on the wine list because we brought our own (from nearby Napa). I think it was a $20 corkage fee. The service was awesome!! Friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was good. Just good.GreenSFDined on 6/12/2014We were seated outside as there was a large party indoors. This was fine by us as we enjoy the ambience of Belden Place - a charming market/restaurant alley. But it is something to note - if it is a cold night - you may want to skip this restaurant as it seems this is a common occurance. We were fortunate to get a table under a heat lamp. The service was good - servers were nice and seated us promptly and brought us tasty bread. It was all just ok - the dine about town menu does not seem to offer a significant value over the regular menu. And there was simply no "wow" factor in the food here. For example: the truffled burrata ravioli was good but not complex enough, it needs something to offset the rich butter truffle flavor.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/9/2014Very good Italian. Small menu changing daily according to freshest ingredients. Friendly owner attentive to guestsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really Liked itLyncherDined on 5/24/2014We sat outside as every inside was taken. We really enjoyed ourselves, service was spot on. Started with carpoccio and would have it again. The ahi was really cooked perfectly. Not to say that having dinner with a beautiful lady didn't make it special also...Special Features:
- Service level doesn't match priceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/24/2014We arrived in a good mood and left frustrated. It took 20 minutes for anyone to answer any questions about the menu or take our order. Then the wine just would not come. Apparently there was a party going on inside. Our server kept apologizing, saying that she had to go to the cellar to look for it (excuses getting more painful each time). Our appetizers came out. Still no wine. When we stopped eating to wait for the wine and expressed exasperation, the server finally came up with a different/better bottle. It was a good solution but 30 mins too late. It was also a windy night. No one bothered to ask if we wanted to turn up the heat lamp, blankets etc. The food was really good, but the service just wasn't on par by any stretch.
- Good go to spotEricVIPDined on 5/23/2014I've been to Brindisi several times and each time has been good. The quaint location on Belden Alley makes it really special; it makes you feel like you are in Europe. It's my go-to place down town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely great!!OmarDined on 5/22/2014Highly recommended. Everything that I tried at this restaurant was great. I was visiting San Francisco because of a conference and was very lucky to find this restaurant. As soon as I entered the restaurant I noticed an awesome smell... it was the chef baking the Butter Cake. YOU MUST TRY THE BUTTER CAKE!!!!Special Features:
- maybe it was the sunny day...LisainSFBayDined on 5/14/2014My colleague and I had 1.5 hours for lunch, and Brindisi's location was perfect. One of those days you never get in SF: legitimately hot and sunny. I guess it brought out the crowds, because it took over an hour to get a plate of seafood risotto (which, when it arrived, was not hot, but tasted fantastic). The caesar salad was pathetically sized and overdressed. The bread was very tasty. Our server was sweet and apologized several times for the slow service, but the fact is that this place is not properly staffed to handle a lunch rush. Only go there if it seems underpopulated, and then maybe you'll eat in a reasonable period of time.Special Features:
- Eh...UnimpressedDined on 5/1/2014Food was good, I wouldn't say it was great. With the choices in San Francisco, not sure I'd return.Special Features:
- DelightfulPerfectDined on 4/29/2014A group of us, seven people, having a reunion in the city chose Brindisi for its location, a tiny street lined with outdoor restaurants. It far exceeded our expectations. The food was excellent. We ate at an outside table, a rare pleasure in SF. The owner, Pino, came to our table many times to make certain all was going well and presented a couple of extra, and most delicious, desserts at the end of our meal. All in all a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sit outside in the coldOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014When we arrived for our 7:30 reservation, we were told that there were no seats inside and that we would be sitting outside. There was not any option at the time that we made a reservation to specify if we would be sitting inside or out. We had not ever been to the restaurant to even realize they had outdoor seating. It was a cold evening and our anniversary. The outdoor table near the very few heat lamps were taken. They seated us outside and said there might be one table inside in about 15 minutes, which was fine. Then someone else came over about 5 minutes later and said, no, there was no chance of our sitting inside. We left and looked for another restaurant. Not going back.
- Lucky findJudeDined on 4/25/2014Our group of out of towners changed from 12 to 14 and finally back down to 10 people. I kept changing the amount on the Open Table site and by the time we arrived, the hostess happily seated us at a great table inside. The service was efficient even though they were short a couple servers. The food, outstanding!! We would totally go back next time we head to San Francisco.Special Features:
- Very PleasedCarolDined on 4/19/2014We had an excellent meal at Brindisi, after making an early reservation. We sat inside, which has a warm and bistro-type feel. The waiter was very attentive, the martini was perfect, and the food was outstanding -- perfectly cooked, fresh and not over seasoned. (We chose grilled fish entrees, with sides of homemade linguini in red sauce and grilled asparagus.) The olive oil and pesto dip was perfect with the fresh, crusty bread -- and really picked up the somewhat boring red sauce on the linguine. This was a very enjoyable experience, and I recommend it to you.Special Features:
- Wonderful overall experience!!!AdmtDined on 4/12/2014We had the best time! The service was outstanding and the food was deliciousSpecial Features:
- Don't botherATMYOWDined on 4/10/2014This was by far the worst meal I had in San Francisco
- Fantastic. Beyond our expectations.jollygood39Dined on 4/8/2014Took clients here on a recent trip to San Francisco. Food was outstanding and enjoyed by all. Service was even better (friendly, attentive and personal). The menu was large and everyone had trouble deciding what to order with so many items looking good. I highly recommend this place for a business dinner, as well as a great place to take a date. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.