534 N. Clark St
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
FrenchPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.brindille-chicago.com/
- Phone: 3125951616x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Carrie Nahabedian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Brindille
Brindille, named "Best New Restaurant in 2013" by Chicago Tribune, offers a glimpse into refined Parisian cuisine and atmosphere from the team that brought you NAHA. For all restaurant Information please visit www.brindille-chicago.comContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
Brindille - Best Restaurants in River North (Chicago) ›
Brindille reviews from OpenTable diners
121 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (100)special occasion (89)romantic (67)notable wine list (60)neighborhood gem (21)hot spot (16)good for groups (10)scenic view (4)late-night find (3)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Outstanding Service from SteveOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/17/2014Everyone enjoyed their dinner, drinks and dessert. Loved the fact that there is space between tables. Noise level was low and the WAITER EXCELLENT. Our request for a window table was met since one of our members is 'claustrophobic'. Thoroughly enjoyed the evening.Would recommend the restaurant anytime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brindille is brilliantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014We we welcomed and seated promptly. The ambiance is subtle elegance down to the waiters pink cashmere sweaters. Food and wine recommendations were outstanding. Steve or waiter was very responsive to our needs. And the dinner was one of our more memorable occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- QuinnDined on 10/15/2014Everything about our evening was fantastic! The service was on point and our server made great recommendations. The drinks were delicious and unique. The food was insane. The foie gras app and the duck entrée were out of this world. I can say this is my new favorite restaurant!! Thank you for a fantastic evening!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A New Favorite!diningduoDined on 10/10/2014We were there with another couple and from the friendly welcome as we entered to calling us a taxi when we left, the service was friendly and efficient. They were on top of every thing. The food was delicious, perfectly prepared and attractively presented. We were able to relax, visit with our friends and have a leisurely dinner without feeling pressured to vacate the table. This is a small restaurant with a modern vibe. We all agreed that Brindille is a new favorite!Special Features:
- fine dining in river northlexindcVIPDined on 10/10/2014Enjoyed a lovely dinner in this cozy restaurant. My friend and I split two appetizers (veal sweetbreads, frisee salad); both were lovely. Entrees were the lobster brindille and rib of beef. I was surprised the server did not ask me how I wanted the latter prepared (it came out on the rare side of medium rare), but I suspect that may have been an inadvertent oversight, and I would have ordered medium rare, anyway. The dessert we ordered (blueberry savarin) was a surprising miss. An odd mixture of fruit that just didn't seem to compliment the other elements of the dish. However, after speaking with our server, it was graciously swapped out for the citrus tart, which was much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST ever!!!BrindilleDined on 10/9/2014We did the 7 course tasting meal and it was INCREDIBLE. Best food ever and impeccable but welcoming service. Not intimidating at all and every suggestion was right on. Our new go-to place for celebrations and French food. Wonderful, wonderful wonderful!!!!Special Features:
- Another Anniversary/Chi experienceJimJillDined on 10/8/2014Chic and comfortable space. Quite, which was appreciated very much. Greeted by Sofie, who we agreed exuded the professionalism expected of a restaurant of this caliber. Her service, along with the bartender coming out from behind his space to fold and re-place my wife's napkin as she powdered her nose, was superb. Food excellent!!! Wine List, French & Alsace dominant, was very well built. As we were celebrating an anniversary, we were treated to a glass each of a very sublime Sparkling Rose and a complimentary nosh of candies on a dish with "Happy Anniversary" spelled out in chocolate, with crazy neat penmanship. Price was fair. A great time!!! Thanks Brindille!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special dinnerKenBVIPDined on 10/4/2014Warm welcome and imediate seating for 8:30 reservation. Service was very attentive, yet not intrusive. Delicious sweet breads starter and duck entre. A very nice eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jabo12ManeuverVIPDined on 10/4/2014One of the best ever. Did tasting menu and each dish topped the prior. Service impeccable and not a single moment diminished the experience. Job well done by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- br1600Dined on 10/4/2014The service was outstanding and except for one glitch in the kitchen so was the food. They couldn't get my steak cooked 'medium.' After two returns I asked to substitute another dish. Everyone was very apologetic and we were provided some pleasant gratuities as well - and the substitute dish, dover sole, was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceChrisWDined on 10/4/2014The food was outstanding, the server was knowledgeable and very professional (at the same time unformal and friendly). He forgot my order for coffe (although i asked for it twice), but that surely wasn't enough to ruin this fantastic dinner. I highly recommend Brindille.Special Features:
- FoodCesarinDined on 10/4/2014Great food, incredible favors and an outstanding service!Special Features:
- Brindille 10-1-14DfutureDined on 10/1/2014Nice place and good food. Overpriced given the portions. Wasn't expecting steakhouse sizes but something in the middleSpecial Features:
- Go to Brindille now!ChrisVIPDined on 9/27/2014Our second time dining at Brindille was even better than the first, which was spectacular. Perfect service, food and ambiance. Exceptional wine list and knowledgeable staff. Extraordinary flavors, preparations and quality. The entire experience from start to finish was nothing short of brilliant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as NahaIrenkaDined on 9/26/2014this intimate restaurant is good for people who would like to have a quiet dinner with his/ her companion. The service is unobtrusive, but attentive. My husband Dover Sole was excellent, my breast of duck little chewy. Our appetizers, my oysters and my husband muscles were very good. The best was the desert, truly enjoyable. I will go back again, but considering the price, I think I prefer to go to Naha. I am comparing those two restaurants, since both are under the same owners/chefs.Special Features:
- SuperbOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/24/2014While the wine list was a bit limited and pricey, everything else about Brindille was amazing. The menu descriptions don't do the dishes justice. It was a perfect location for a special evening.
- "Winderful find"ScarletVIPDined on 9/20/2014Visiting Chicago from NYC and we're thrilled to find a restaurant of such high caliber in every way. We had the scallops, oysters, Dover sole, duck and the cheese platter for dessert,which were all just fabulous! I highly recommend it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent! Great food!dkgTorontoDined on 9/19/2014Enjoyed this Upscale French restaurant very much! Food was excellent, very tasty and well presented. Dessert was heavenly. Service was outstanding. Can understand why it was chosen best new restaurant in Chicago in 2013. First visit to Chicago and excellent pick for first night there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodBuddyVIPDined on 9/19/2014Great food, we love going here. Vry inventive menu A bit on the noisy side and sometimes had a little trouble hearing others in our party. However several dishes the Food was cold when it reach dour table. It was Friday night and restaurant was jammed so I forgive them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Anniversary Dinner!llcxxxDined on 9/18/2014My boyfriend and I celebrated our second anniversary here, and it was altogether exceptional. Everything we ate and drank was notably delicious, and the service was phenomenal. The waiter was very warm and listened to our preferences before our six-course tasting menu came out. When we were leaving, the maitre d' offered to hail us a cab, which I always appreciate (though we didn't take him up on that.) Highly commendable food and service. I loved it.Special Features:
- Excellent across the boardIHdinerVIPDined on 9/17/2014Just fantastic. The cocktails were perfect, menu was great and the wine list was very good., the food was excellent. From the oysters, to the main and the dessert - just great across the board, and a great absinthe collection. Service was fantastic also - as the staff went out of their way on a few items. Very good value - Highly recommendSpecial Features:
- Great dinner!HoolieKDined on 9/17/2014I had a great time here. I loved the atmosphere... But I went on a Wednesday night, so I'm not sure what it's like on the weekends. I had the Dover sole and it was incredible. My dad had the lobster which was also awesome. The steak tartar was good buuuut it wasn't as great as our main dishes so I would try something else next time I went. All in all a great dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrindilleDinnerdineDined on 9/15/2014Our experience was wonderful. Great wine list, delicious food, and solid service. The energy was tranquil and it was a very romantic evening. The only critique would be that the seating space was a little tight, but not a serious concern.Special Features:
- cgarciaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014My fiancee and I always enjoy Brindille every month. Michael the owner is always there to welcome you and Jeremy is the best waiter.Special Features:
- not easily impressedjaimeDined on 9/13/2014Looking for French restaurant for anniversary/birthday/pre-Paris trip dinner with my wife, I read the Tribune review and got lucky. Never had a better French food meal in Chicago, including Carlos and Les Nomades. One of top five meals in Chicago in decades, and decidedly better than a number of Parisian eateries. Top scores in all categories starting with the room, which is striking in its own right. No better service ever in Chicago. It ranks with Swiss attention to detail and precision. And the food was, well, superb- diverse, fresh, creative, lovely, complex and thoughtful. I'll be back.Special Features:
- Great presentation!!Michael1stDined on 9/13/2014Great way to spend a birthday. My wife and I really enjoy the ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful spaceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/12/2014Took my boyfriend here for his birthday. Worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/12/2014Simply excellent! Great menu, great food, and Rob was a great wait person!Special Features:
- Pitch PerfectGeorgnoeDined on 9/11/2014You never get a second chance w/ a first impression & our experience @ Brindille was spot on. Considering that restaurants are theatre, the owners never loose sight on the fact that people go there to eat, choosing to cast the food as the star. Everything they do focus’s on that, while nothing they do upstages it. The service from the initial greeting, on to our waiter & supporting staff were friendly, attentive, light hearted in a sincere, not fawning way, playing right into our personal taste. The room is understated & has a true finished look & feel about it w/ high end materials used thru out. Again, nothing's meant to detract from the outstanding food. The overall experience was very satisfying in an intuitive way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great tasting menu experienceKenCDined on 9/6/2014Since it was our wedding anniversary, to celebrate we tried their tasting menu. It consisted of one appetizer, 4 small entries and desert selected by the chef after considering our preferences and any allergies. The food was outstanding! Each course was introduced by the wait staff. First we had the hand cut noodles with snails. We then had the four entries, Lobster Brindille, Dover Sole, Grilled Lamb and Roasted Quail. Each were wonderfully presented, tasty with wonderful herbs and seasoning. For desert we had the Tarte and the Clafoulis. Although both deserts were good, we would have preferred to try the Chocolate Entermet, Fantaisie au Chocolat or the Crème Brulee that we saw other patrons order. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional ExperienceCathyAVIPDined on 9/5/2014This was the second time I dined at Brandille. I could not have imagined this experience exceeding my first, but it did! My Mom and I were interested in several of the menu items, so our server (Rob) suggested sharing a few. The kitchen split each selection with such precision, we were able to enjoy four beautiful courses without feeling stuffed. Rob, our waiter was excellent. Service exceeded our expectations. Wine list was extensive, including several bottles that weren't significantly over priced. This is definitely a "special occasion" spot (dinner is in excess of $150 per person w wine and gratuity; no dessert), but worth every penny. We will be returning!Special Features:
- Expensive and Worth ItPolishPrinceVIPDined on 9/3/2014Loved dining at Brindille earlier this week. My party of three opted for the custom tasting menu with several pairings and it was delicious! Attentive 5* service. Knowledgeable staff! Prices are high - get the AMEX ready.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Brilliant!TrevianKuttiDined on 9/2/2014The experience was holistic and thought out. Every dish was delicious and the delivery of our multiple order of appetizers was coordinated properly without us having to think about it. The bus boy was always smiling and our server was extremely pleasant and had on the cutest baby pink cashmere sweater. He then informed us we were listening to the Isaac Hayes station on Pandora which topped off the evening. Tres Chic!!!Special Features:
- Excellent choice!RusseaterDined on 8/29/2014The experience and the food were lovely from start to finish. Dinner began with the Hand cut noodles with chanterelles and snails. Beautifully prepared and delicious. Then we moved on to the Lobster and the Dover Sole for our entrees. Equally spectacular and served in the just the right amount. Perhaps the most special part of the evening was when Carrie Nahabedian, Brindille's chef/owner, sat and chatted with us for awhile. We eat out often and we always eat late, but rarely do we receive this kind of attention. We were so impressed that we decided to make a reservation at Naha, Brindille's sister restaurant, the very next night. There we were treated to a dinner experience that was just as memorable as the first.Special Features:
- Great restaurant for small groupsLSPReviewsDined on 8/29/2014Fantastic food, impeccable service/hospitality, and the wine was amazing. Great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first coursesfoodieVIPDined on 8/26/2014As you see, I gave high ratings to our dinner at Brindille. One annoying thing happened: when the first courses were delivered, only 3 came out at one time. The 4th one came several minutes later. It was awkward for our party of 4. A fine restaurant should coordinate the delivery of all courses to the diners.Special Features:
- Too limited for me.DatenightsVIPDined on 8/16/2014Dinner menu, wines by the glass and spirits were very limited. The dishes we had were good but not worth going back for.
- A TOP SPOT EMERGESWexOneVIPDined on 8/16/2014Brindille has hit its stride with a superb menu, perfectly prepared dishes and excellent attentive service. We couldn't have been more pleased. How often does one come to a restauarant with great expectations and have them fully realized -- that's what happened to us. There was not a single item -- from apps to mains through desserts -- that we would have ordered. Each dish was prepared perfectly. The only minus -- while the wine list has depth, the offerings of California reds are ridiculously pricey -- only one less than $90, and no half bottles, red or white. Brindille is not inexpensive -- but the food is worth every penny.Special Features:
- SpectacularChrisVIPDined on 8/15/2014Exceptional cuisine and wine list. Perfect preparation and presentation. Top notch service. Ambiance would have been five stars except for the very very cold temperature. That must be the norm because the waiters wore sweaters and they had cashmere throws readily available. One of the best places in Chicago. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unbelievable eveningLolaDined on 8/9/2014Brindille is a beautiful restaurant with exceptional food and an impressive wine selection. Bonus: Find it a bit chilly in the restaurant? No worries. Your server will bring you a shawl to wear.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.