534 N. Clark St
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
FrenchPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.brindille-chicago.com/
- Phone: 3125951616x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Carrie Nahabedian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Brindille
Brindille, named "Best New Restaurant in 2013" by Chicago Tribune, offers a glimpse into refined Parisian cuisine and atmosphere from the team that brought you NAHA. For all restaurant Information please visit www.brindille-chicago.comContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
Brindille - Best Restaurants in River North (Chicago) ›
Brindille reviews from OpenTable diners
112 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (85)special occasion (81)romantic (67)notable wine list (50)neighborhood gem (19)hot spot (9)good for groups (6)late-night find (2)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- "Winderful find"ScarletVIPDined on 9/20/2014Visiting Chicago from NYC and we're thrilled to find a restaurant of such high caliber in every way. We had the scallops, oysters, Dover sole, duck and the cheese platter for dessert,which were all just fabulous! I highly recommend it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent! Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/19/2014Enjoyed this Upscale French restaurant very much! Food was excellent, very tasty and well presented. Dessert was heavenly. Service was outstanding. Can understand why it was chosen best new restaurant in Chicago in 2013. First visit to Chicago and excellent pick for first night there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Anniversary Dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/18/2014My boyfriend and I celebrated our second anniversary here, and it was altogether exceptional. Everything we ate and drank was notably delicious, and the service was phenomenal. The waiter was very warm and listened to our preferences before our six-course tasting menu came out. When we were leaving, the maitre d' offered to hail us a cab, which I always appreciate (though we didn't take him up on that.) Highly commendable food and service. I loved it.Special Features:
- Excellent across the boardIHdinerVIPDined on 9/17/2014Just fantastic. The cocktails were perfect, menu was great and the wine list was very good., the food was excellent. From the oysters, to the main and the dessert - just great across the board, and a great absinthe collection. Service was fantastic also - as the staff went out of their way on a few items. Very good value - Highly recommendSpecial Features:
- Great dinner!HoolieKDined on 9/17/2014I had a great time here. I loved the atmosphere... But I went on a Wednesday night, so I'm not sure what it's like on the weekends. I had the Dover sole and it was incredible. My dad had the lobster which was also awesome. The steak tartar was good buuuut it wasn't as great as our main dishes so I would try something else next time I went. All in all a great dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cgarciaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014My fiancee and I always enjoy Brindille every month. Michael the owner is always there to welcome you and Jeremy is the best waiter.Special Features:
- not easily impressedjaimeDined on 9/13/2014Looking for French restaurant for anniversary/birthday/pre-Paris trip dinner with my wife, I read the Tribune review and got lucky. Never had a better French food meal in Chicago, including Carlos and Les Nomades. One of top five meals in Chicago in decades, and decidedly better than a number of Parisian eateries. Top scores in all categories starting with the room, which is striking in its own right. No better service ever in Chicago. It ranks with Swiss attention to detail and precision. And the food was, well, superb- diverse, fresh, creative, lovely, complex and thoughtful. I'll be back.Special Features:
- Great presentation!!Michael1stDined on 9/13/2014Great way to spend a birthday. My wife and I really enjoy the ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful spaceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/12/2014Took my boyfriend here for his birthday. Worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/12/2014Simply excellent! Great menu, great food, and Rob was a great wait person!Special Features:
- Pitch PerfectGeorgnoeDined on 9/11/2014You never get a second chance w/ a first impression & our experience @ Brindille was spot on. Considering that restaurants are theatre, the owners never loose sight on the fact that people go there to eat, choosing to cast the food as the star. Everything they do focus’s on that, while nothing they do upstages it. The service from the initial greeting, on to our waiter & supporting staff were friendly, attentive, light hearted in a sincere, not fawning way, playing right into our personal taste. The room is understated & has a true finished look & feel about it w/ high end materials used thru out. Again, nothing's meant to detract from the outstanding food. The overall experience was very satisfying in an intuitive way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great tasting menu experienceKenCDined on 9/6/2014Since it was our wedding anniversary, to celebrate we tried their tasting menu. It consisted of one appetizer, 4 small entries and desert selected by the chef after considering our preferences and any allergies. The food was outstanding! Each course was introduced by the wait staff. First we had the hand cut noodles with snails. We then had the four entries, Lobster Brindille, Dover Sole, Grilled Lamb and Roasted Quail. Each were wonderfully presented, tasty with wonderful herbs and seasoning. For desert we had the Tarte and the Clafoulis. Although both deserts were good, we would have preferred to try the Chocolate Entermet, Fantaisie au Chocolat or the Crème Brulee that we saw other patrons order. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional ExperienceCathyAVIPDined on 9/5/2014This was the second time I dined at Brandille. I could not have imagined this experience exceeding my first, but it did! My Mom and I were interested in several of the menu items, so our server (Rob) suggested sharing a few. The kitchen split each selection with such precision, we were able to enjoy four beautiful courses without feeling stuffed. Rob, our waiter was excellent. Service exceeded our expectations. Wine list was extensive, including several bottles that weren't significantly over priced. This is definitely a "special occasion" spot (dinner is in excess of $150 per person w wine and gratuity; no dessert), but worth every penny. We will be returning!Special Features:
- Expensive and Worth ItPolishPrinceVIPDined on 9/3/2014Loved dining at Brindille earlier this week. My party of three opted for the custom tasting menu with several pairings and it was delicious! Attentive 5* service. Knowledgeable staff! Prices are high - get the AMEX ready.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Brilliant!TrevianKuttiDined on 9/2/2014The experience was holistic and thought out. Every dish was delicious and the delivery of our multiple order of appetizers was coordinated properly without us having to think about it. The bus boy was always smiling and our server was extremely pleasant and had on the cutest baby pink cashmere sweater. He then informed us we were listening to the Isaac Hayes station on Pandora which topped off the evening. Tres Chic!!!Special Features:
- Excellent choice!RusseaterDined on 8/29/2014The experience and the food were lovely from start to finish. Dinner began with the Hand cut noodles with chanterelles and snails. Beautifully prepared and delicious. Then we moved on to the Lobster and the Dover Sole for our entrees. Equally spectacular and served in the just the right amount. Perhaps the most special part of the evening was when Carrie Nahabedian, Brindille's chef/owner, sat and chatted with us for awhile. We eat out often and we always eat late, but rarely do we receive this kind of attention. We were so impressed that we decided to make a reservation at Naha, Brindille's sister restaurant, the very next night. There we were treated to a dinner experience that was just as memorable as the first.Special Features:
- Great restaurant for small groupsLSPReviewsDined on 8/29/2014Fantastic food, impeccable service/hospitality, and the wine was amazing. Great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first coursesfoodieDined on 8/26/2014As you see, I gave high ratings to our dinner at Brindille. One annoying thing happened: when the first courses were delivered, only 3 came out at one time. The 4th one came several minutes later. It was awkward for our party of 4. A fine restaurant should coordinate the delivery of all courses to the diners.Special Features:
- Too limited for me.DatenightsVIPDined on 8/16/2014Dinner menu, wines by the glass and spirits were very limited. The dishes we had were good but not worth going back for.
- A TOP SPOT EMERGESWexOneVIPDined on 8/16/2014Brindille has hit its stride with a superb menu, perfectly prepared dishes and excellent attentive service. We couldn't have been more pleased. How often does one come to a restauarant with great expectations and have them fully realized -- that's what happened to us. There was not a single item -- from apps to mains through desserts -- that we would have ordered. Each dish was prepared perfectly. The only minus -- while the wine list has depth, the offerings of California reds are ridiculously pricey -- only one less than $90, and no half bottles, red or white. Brindille is not inexpensive -- but the food is worth every penny.Special Features:
- SpectacularChrisVIPDined on 8/15/2014Exceptional cuisine and wine list. Perfect preparation and presentation. Top notch service. Ambiance would have been five stars except for the very very cold temperature. That must be the norm because the waiters wore sweaters and they had cashmere throws readily available. One of the best places in Chicago. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unbelievable eveningLolaDined on 8/9/2014Brindille is a beautiful restaurant with exceptional food and an impressive wine selection. Bonus: Find it a bit chilly in the restaurant? No worries. Your server will bring you a shawl to wear.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Snotty WaiterDebzgrapesVIPDined on 8/9/2014Waiter was ignorant & snotty to us when he learned the 5th person in our party, was running late, (do to a business meeting that ran late). He even suggested we order dinner before she arrived! We did order a bottle of $150 champagne, which we drank while enjoying bread & butter, as there are no appetizers offered on menu. Our total bill at the end of the night was over $600 for 5 people. Big price for small portions, but what we did have was tasty. The restaurant was not completely full this Sat. evening, as our waiter had indicated it would be, when pushing us to order before our last friend arrived. Had there been several people standing/waiting for a table, I would have tried to hurry, but no one was waiting.
- Foodie2enjoyVIPDined on 8/9/2014We all thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at Brindille, however, we found it to have become much more pricey since our last visit so we will have to reserve it for very special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly disappointingNikEVIPDined on 8/2/2014We hoped for a truly good evening. The welcome was cool, the waiter was prickly, one of the two of us had tasteless and improperly cooked food and it was clear that this establishment still needs work. Sadly, as well, while I am happy to pay high prices for food and beverage, the wine list was limited and ridiculously overpriced and the food pricing did not comport with the quality provided. Too bad for all of us.
- Great food & over the top serviceLizzyKDined on 8/1/2014Gourmet dining at it's best. A fine unique French restaurant with an extraordinary menu. The tasting menu gave us the opportunty to try diverse foods which were presented and served exquisitely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/28/2014I took my boyfriend to Brindille for his birthday and could not have been happier. The service was amazing, the food was delicious and the atmosphere was private and romantic. This was my second time to the restaurant and I would definitely recommend it and return a third time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not So GoodEatsOutALotVIPDined on 7/24/2014We have been there before and thought it was great. This time the place was dead and the service was bad and extremely slow. I think they had two servers for the entire place that night, a Thursday. This place had a lot of potential. But now I think it will not survive. They do not pay attention to the guests very well. The food was OK. But the menu is limited. We were a party of 8. They all but ignored us except when charging the mandatory gratuity. I do not think it was the servers fault but I blame management in terms off staffing. If you staff for few guests, then that is what you will get, fewer and fewer guests.
- great food/average serviceeasydinerDined on 7/21/2014the server did his job. Nothing more. And I got the impression he was pleased with the gratuity. boo on him. the res of the night was verniceSpecial Features:
- Five Star - From Start to FinishChicagoVIPDined on 7/19/2014Absolutely fabulous... You won't be disappointed. From start to finish, this restaurant was outstanding. Every dish was inventive, creative and simply delicious. A restaurant that figured it all out -- from reservations with on-time seating to well-paced courses to attentive but not overly intrusive service topped off with simply the best food ever. It's expensive but it's worth it.
- A new wow place for us!MameVIPDined on 7/19/2014We have been enjoying Naha for years. Brindille is a sister and certainly takes after Naha. Delicious, fresh, creative, lovely, and fun. This is a smaller place, not for the shy as far as $$s but delicious. We will return for sure. Everything was superb from the salad, steak tartare, sole and a wonderful fruit dessert. Loved it all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BarryDined on 7/18/2014Terrific menu, great very knowledgeable service person re: both wine and food/ Exceptional wine list - hard to find items. Overall great dinnin!Special Features:
- henryVIPDined on 7/17/2014Brindille's cuisine is categorized as a FRENCH. Well, any resemblance between its cuisine to French is random and insulting. This is another successful attempt to fool innocent Americans who would mind being served with butter full of sugar, and having most of the appetizers contain bacon that us used only to create a familiar breakfast taste. The best thing I had there is their bread and their Chocolate Fantasie dessert. This by itself is not enough for me to ever want to come back.
- What a find!MikeBikerVIPDined on 7/12/2014This was our first time and we were quite blown away with the experience. Everything was perfect in a very upscale yet comfortably modern/contemporary setting (not stuffy). The food was wonderful (the snail braised in red wine with noodles and l'oeufs à la neige wer amazing), as was the service. Wines are a tad on the high end compared to the usual restaurant 3-4x markup, but a few (if you can pick well) are in the 2-3x. Definitely will be back.Special Features:
- BrindilleEschDined on 7/9/2014Fantastic meal and dining experience from start to finish. Great combination of fine dining, and a lack of the pretentiousness that all to often come with it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressivegaf11Dined on 7/9/2014I have always wanted to love Naha, Brindille's sister restaurant. Naha, although very fine, never quite captures modernist, progressive cuisine. The wonderful success of Brindille explains that. Chef Nahabedian is much more of a classic French chef than a modernist chef. I entered the restaurant with somewhat restrained expectations, but was blown away with an assured, creative yet traditional meal. Bravo.Special Features:
- Great meal at BrindilleChuckD105VIPDined on 7/3/2014We had a great meal at Brindille, excellent wine service, and fun with absinthe in two different presentations afterwards. Jeremy knows his food, wine and absinthe and we appreciated it.Special Features:
- True DelightJSWIVIPDined on 7/2/2014Due to a cancellation we moved our anniversary dinner at the last minute (second really) to Brindille. It was near-perfect. Frisee salad, Lobster, Dover Sole all magnificent and the server most accomodating with command of the French wines on the list. No reall frills or foo foo . . .just delightful food and competence.Special Features:
- Spectacular Experience!PreferredDiningClubGalVIPDined on 6/28/2014We did the tasting menu with wine pairings, which I recommend if you really want to experience the depth of skills and the refined palate of chef Carrie Nahabedian. Chef Carrie has a talent for putting together flavor combinations which are totally unexpected, and harmonize beautifully. The Dover Sole was sublime, with a watercress puree and just a hint of the traditional brown butter sauce. The rabbit was brilliant: four preparations in one dish, all with unique textures and flavors. One of the great things about Brindille is the elegant but relaxed atmosphere in which to savor the exceptional food. Like Naha, the music is at the perfect level to allow you to visit with your party, and the room is simple but elegant.Special Features:
- A wonderful dinnerAllen78VIPDined on 6/28/2014Everything about our experience was very good. The food was outstanding, very flavorful with beautiful presentation. The service could not have been better. The prices are high but everyone in our party of four felt that the food was worth the price charged. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.