534 N. Clark St
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
FrenchPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.brindille-chicago.com/
- Phone: (312) 595-1616
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Carrie Nahabedian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Brindille
Brindille, named "Best New Restaurant in 2013" by Chicago Tribune, offers a glimpse into refined Parisian cuisine and atmosphere from the team that brought you NAHA. For all restaurant Information please visit www.brindille-chicago.comContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
Brindille - Best Restaurants in River North (Chicago) ›
Brindille reviews from OpenTable diners
124 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (106)special occasion (94)romantic (70)notable wine list (58)hot spot (20)neighborhood gem (20)good for groups (11)scenic view (3)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Delicious DinnerSinger86Dined on 11/22/2014My family and I dined here on Nov 22 which happened to be the same day as the holiday lights parade. We were a little nervous that it would be packed,and they would be running behind. That was not the case. We arrived about 45 minutes earlier and they sat us at the bar to wait for the table. The bartender was spectacular! She hand made drinks using fresh ingredients and made it look like a true art. She was very personable and talked with us about the restaurant. After we were seated(at our scheduled reservation) our waitress came and welcomed us. She told us all about the menu and what dishes she would recommend. We ordered the food and it was spectacular!! All of the dishes were flavorful and well plated. A true gem of a place. I would absolutely tell all my friends to go here!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special place for a special nightctrigg1Dined on 11/21/2014Outstanding food and service. Best scallops I have ever had. Rib of beef was extremely tasty. My wife enjoyed the oysters and lobster. Dessert was also very good. Wine list was large, pricey. One of the best meals I have had in Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulromaVIPDined on 11/20/2014Great food wonderful and the service was a delightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm but coldEljefeDined on 11/19/2014We recently dined at Brindille celebrating our anniversary. We loved the food, the service, the champagne, the twiggy decor, the and the ambiance and yes, the tablecloths, china and silverware. The food was creative, carefully prepared and displayed. The Maitre d'Hotel was interesting, friendly and knowledgeable. The foie gras was excellent and the combination of ingredients unusual but right. The lobster was magnificent! The portion was satisfying and the tastes were delicious. The chestnut soup was complex and silky. The steak was prepared to perfection. The lemon tart was refreshing and sized just right. The only significant issue was the ambient temperature. It fluctuated widely but was always on the cool side. There were drafts! Every once in a while it seemed that someone had opened a door directly into the dining room from frigid Clark Street, sending a chill down our spines and throwing the candles on the tables into convulsions. With this, the food, which came to the table already tepid, cooled down to dead cold within minutes thus diminishing the otherwise masterful executions of the chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent French FoodBuckeye85Dined on 11/15/2014We had the duck and the lobster. Excellent presentation and flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb dining experienceGigiDined on 11/15/2014The intimate space is perfect for a romantic dinner or special occasion. The menu items reflected the exquisite presentation and ambience. We sought some "different" options for a main course and thoroughly enjoyed the roast duck and quail entrees. The wine list also offered some choices not seem on most menus. The service was top notch. One of my favorite dining experiences in Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbMRowlinsonDined on 11/10/2014My partner and I ate at Brindille on November 10 and the food, wine and service were terrific. No false notes.Special Features:
- AmazingAnnanVIPDined on 11/8/2014Attention was paid to every detail. Don't miss the beef or the foie gras, its amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EdwardVIPDined on 11/7/2014We really liked this restaurant. The food was excellent, the ambience was m,ost attractive, and the wine list extensive. We would definitely recommend this restaurant to visitors to Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasting menu a must!luv2dineVIPDined on 11/4/2014Unique & inventive menu. Wonderful service from Steve. I truly appreciate a tasting menu as it allows one to try many dishes. It's a sign of trust & I'm glad I went that route. This establishment is completely star worthy. Do enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Evening at BrindilleOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/29/2014Outstanding food and wine. The service made us feel like royalty. We will strongly recommend it to those who appreciate the best restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our new Chicago favoritechuckmac07VIPDined on 10/27/2014decor could be a little less stark/cold, but other than that minor criticism, a perfect dining experience from beginning to end. superb menu and execution, friendly attentive servers, personable host/owner, great bar and comfortable feel for a higher end price point restaurant. simply spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the hype!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/25/2014We didn't have time to experience the tasting menu but we will be back! Everything was absolutely wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularDCFoodieVIPDined on 10/24/2014Wonderful experience. Pricey but worth it. Wine prices will knock your socks off. The food was creative and perfectly prepared.The foie gras was the best most of our guests had ever experienced The service was knowledgeable and precise. Attention to detail at all levels.Special Features:
- Sublime!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/23/2014Everything about our experience here was fantastic! Menu selections, inventiveness, preparation, presentation, service, ambience, all added up to a memorable evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Service from SteveXcellentdiningDined on 10/17/2014Everyone enjoyed their dinner, drinks and dessert. Loved the fact that there is space between tables. Noise level was low and the WAITER EXCELLENT. Our request for a window table was met since one of our members is 'claustrophobic'. Thoroughly enjoyed the evening.Would recommend the restaurant anytime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wife's B-Day Dinner a HitSeekingGoodFoodDined on 10/17/2014I was highly dependent on the reviews on Open Table and the Chicago Tribune Best New Restaurant of 2013. This place did not fail in the experience. The service was top notch and the tasting menu and the opportunity to state what interested us on the menu was a change from what I expected. Each course was great. I am recommending this restaurant to my in-laws.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brindille is brilliantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014We we welcomed and seated promptly. The ambiance is subtle elegance down to the waiters pink cashmere sweaters. Food and wine recommendations were outstanding. Steve or waiter was very responsive to our needs. And the dinner was one of our more memorable occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- QuinnDined on 10/15/2014Everything about our evening was fantastic! The service was on point and our server made great recommendations. The drinks were delicious and unique. The food was insane. The foie gras app and the duck entrée were out of this world. I can say this is my new favorite restaurant!! Thank you for a fantastic evening!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A New Favorite!diningduoDined on 10/10/2014We were there with another couple and from the friendly welcome as we entered to calling us a taxi when we left, the service was friendly and efficient. They were on top of every thing. The food was delicious, perfectly prepared and attractively presented. We were able to relax, visit with our friends and have a leisurely dinner without feeling pressured to vacate the table. This is a small restaurant with a modern vibe. We all agreed that Brindille is a new favorite!Special Features:
- fine dining in river northlexindcVIPDined on 10/10/2014Enjoyed a lovely dinner in this cozy restaurant. My friend and I split two appetizers (veal sweetbreads, frisee salad); both were lovely. Entrees were the lobster brindille and rib of beef. I was surprised the server did not ask me how I wanted the latter prepared (it came out on the rare side of medium rare), but I suspect that may have been an inadvertent oversight, and I would have ordered medium rare, anyway. The dessert we ordered (blueberry savarin) was a surprising miss. An odd mixture of fruit that just didn't seem to compliment the other elements of the dish. However, after speaking with our server, it was graciously swapped out for the citrus tart, which was much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST ever!!!BrindilleDined on 10/9/2014We did the 7 course tasting meal and it was INCREDIBLE. Best food ever and impeccable but welcoming service. Not intimidating at all and every suggestion was right on. Our new go-to place for celebrations and French food. Wonderful, wonderful wonderful!!!!Special Features:
- Another Anniversary/Chi experienceJimJillDined on 10/8/2014Chic and comfortable space. Quite, which was appreciated very much. Greeted by Sofie, who we agreed exuded the professionalism expected of a restaurant of this caliber. Her service, along with the bartender coming out from behind his space to fold and re-place my wife's napkin as she powdered her nose, was superb. Food excellent!!! Wine List, French & Alsace dominant, was very well built. As we were celebrating an anniversary, we were treated to a glass each of a very sublime Sparkling Rose and a complimentary nosh of candies on a dish with "Happy Anniversary" spelled out in chocolate, with crazy neat penmanship. Price was fair. A great time!!! Thanks Brindille!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special dinnerKenBVIPDined on 10/4/2014Warm welcome and imediate seating for 8:30 reservation. Service was very attentive, yet not intrusive. Delicious sweet breads starter and duck entre. A very nice eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jabo12ManeuverVIPDined on 10/4/2014One of the best ever. Did tasting menu and each dish topped the prior. Service impeccable and not a single moment diminished the experience. Job well done by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- br1600Dined on 10/4/2014The service was outstanding and except for one glitch in the kitchen so was the food. They couldn't get my steak cooked 'medium.' After two returns I asked to substitute another dish. Everyone was very apologetic and we were provided some pleasant gratuities as well - and the substitute dish, dover sole, was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceChrisWDined on 10/4/2014The food was outstanding, the server was knowledgeable and very professional (at the same time unformal and friendly). He forgot my order for coffe (although i asked for it twice), but that surely wasn't enough to ruin this fantastic dinner. I highly recommend Brindille.Special Features:
- FoodCesarinDined on 10/4/2014Great food, incredible favors and an outstanding service!Special Features:
- Brindille 10-1-14DfutureDined on 10/1/2014Nice place and good food. Overpriced given the portions. Wasn't expecting steakhouse sizes but something in the middleSpecial Features:
- Go to Brindille now!ChrisVIPDined on 9/27/2014Our second time dining at Brindille was even better than the first, which was spectacular. Perfect service, food and ambiance. Exceptional wine list and knowledgeable staff. Extraordinary flavors, preparations and quality. The entire experience from start to finish was nothing short of brilliant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as NahaIrenkaVIPDined on 9/26/2014this intimate restaurant is good for people who would like to have a quiet dinner with his/ her companion. The service is unobtrusive, but attentive. My husband Dover Sole was excellent, my breast of duck little chewy. Our appetizers, my oysters and my husband muscles were very good. The best was the desert, truly enjoyable. I will go back again, but considering the price, I think I prefer to go to Naha. I am comparing those two restaurants, since both are under the same owners/chefs.Special Features:
- SuperbOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/24/2014While the wine list was a bit limited and pricey, everything else about Brindille was amazing. The menu descriptions don't do the dishes justice. It was a perfect location for a special evening.
- "Winderful find"ScarletVIPDined on 9/20/2014Visiting Chicago from NYC and we're thrilled to find a restaurant of such high caliber in every way. We had the scallops, oysters, Dover sole, duck and the cheese platter for dessert,which were all just fabulous! I highly recommend it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent! Great food!dkgTorontoDined on 9/19/2014Enjoyed this Upscale French restaurant very much! Food was excellent, very tasty and well presented. Dessert was heavenly. Service was outstanding. Can understand why it was chosen best new restaurant in Chicago in 2013. First visit to Chicago and excellent pick for first night there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodBuddyVIPDined on 9/19/2014Great food, we love going here. Vry inventive menu A bit on the noisy side and sometimes had a little trouble hearing others in our party. However several dishes the Food was cold when it reach dour table. It was Friday night and restaurant was jammed so I forgive them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Anniversary Dinner!llcxxxDined on 9/18/2014My boyfriend and I celebrated our second anniversary here, and it was altogether exceptional. Everything we ate and drank was notably delicious, and the service was phenomenal. The waiter was very warm and listened to our preferences before our six-course tasting menu came out. When we were leaving, the maitre d' offered to hail us a cab, which I always appreciate (though we didn't take him up on that.) Highly commendable food and service. I loved it.Special Features:
- Excellent across the boardIHdinerVIPDined on 9/17/2014Just fantastic. The cocktails were perfect, menu was great and the wine list was very good., the food was excellent. From the oysters, to the main and the dessert - just great across the board, and a great absinthe collection. Service was fantastic also - as the staff went out of their way on a few items. Very good value - Highly recommendSpecial Features:
- Great dinner!HoolieKDined on 9/17/2014I had a great time here. I loved the atmosphere... But I went on a Wednesday night, so I'm not sure what it's like on the weekends. I had the Dover sole and it was incredible. My dad had the lobster which was also awesome. The steak tartar was good buuuut it wasn't as great as our main dishes so I would try something else next time I went. All in all a great dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrindilleDinnerdineDined on 9/15/2014Our experience was wonderful. Great wine list, delicious food, and solid service. The energy was tranquil and it was a very romantic evening. The only critique would be that the seating space was a little tight, but not a serious concern.Special Features:
- cgarciaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014My fiancee and I always enjoy Brindille every month. Michael the owner is always there to welcome you and Jeremy is the best waiter.Special Features: