Brimstone Woodfire Grill
14575 SW 5th St.
Pembroke Pines, FL 33027Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Brimstone Woodfire Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://brimstonewoodfiregrill.com/
- Phone: 9544302333
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch
A word from Brimstone Woodfire Grill
Brimstone’s premise is simple; start with the best ingredients available within the market, prepare them fresh daily with uncompromising standards and what we end up with is consistently great food that satisfies the most discriminating taste. Our menu is contemporary American fare and is a mélange of flavors, so you will find something that will please just about anyone in your family or group. Our menu features steaks cooked in a 1600-degree broiler, woodfire grilled fresh seafood, gourmet pizza, sushi and salads.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Brimstone Woodfire Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
85 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (43)good for groups (36)great for outdoor dining (34)romantic (27)neighborhood gem (24)hot spot (20)vibrant bar scene (19)great for lunch (16)fit for foodies (15)great for brunch (11)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (9)notable wine list (8)scenic view (2)Show More
- UnderwhelmedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/29/2014The place looks great, service is friendly, food is good but not outstanding, prices are high. What I missed is organization, process and a touch of class that would match the building and the prices charged. It felt like the place was managed by Chilii's. I got a $44 steak and had to ask for a steak knife and fresh ground pepper.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Awesome service! Great food. Would definitely recommend this place to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/27/2014Average food at above avg prices. Outside is the only place to be.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/15/2014Our evening began with meeting our delightful server, Juanita, a lovely young lady with a ready smile and a friendly demeanor always ready to be of service. We were pleased to begin with cocktails and a very good appetizer, the crab cake, which was prepared well, crispy exterior and soft, moist interior with a good crab flavor. The accompanying corn chowder/relish was just the right thing with the crab cake. We ordered steaks, the bone-in rib eye and the filet mignon and both were done as we prefer, medium-rare. The accompanying bearnaise sauce, sauteed mushrooms, broccolini, and sauteed spinach all added to the pleasure of the tasty steaks as did the salads before hand. Dessert was the creme brulee and with coffee was just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic and peacefuljlaut003Dined on 9/14/2014This is an awesome place to have really good food and to spend quality time and celebrate with the people you love. The environment is so relaxing and inviting that even the most timid people can spark conversation over a nice candlelight dinner. The food came out in a timely matter, fast even. The Parmesan crusted chicken was excellent! The crust was nice and crunchy and not overpowering. The linguine was tossed in a butter sauce with capers and mushrooms. The capers added a nice bite and hint of tartness. My date had a shrimp dinner and he loved it! I was quite surprised as he is a picky eater. The waiters/waitresses are very accommodating and are very willing to help. We will be returning! He was very pleased with the customer service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodscottk3962VIPDined on 9/13/2014Consistently good food, the bread pudding is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014I asked for a romantic dinner and it seems like we were the only ones who weren't granted that request. We were sat next to a door near the outside patio so every time that door was opened (which was quite frequent), we heard the loud band playing. Additionally, immediately behind our table was an employee kiosk where we heard the employees' conversation and kept getting bumped when they bumped the back side of the booth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014Food and service was excellent. Reservation accepted with no problemSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cooked to perfectionJackalDined on 9/13/2014All 4 of us ordered the Fillet Mignon with various sauces. A loaded baked potato complemented the meal. All-in-all, it was very good, a little pricey, but it was a special occasion. I was somewhat disappointed with the limited selection of beer, specifically that there were no dark beers at all and a nice porter or stout would have been an excellent pairing with the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood find!FREDDined on 9/6/2014Greeted & seated at exact time of reservation even though people were waiting. Drink orders taken immediately upon being seated. Waiter Corey was outstanding. My steak was prepared exactly as ordered. There was a problem with my wife's steak that Corey handled expertly and without hesitation. Manager Moses was also most solicitous and made absolutely certain that we were completely satisfied. We will be repeat diners.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/5/2014We went in without an open table reservation for an outside table. Hostess gave use a hour wait time. We looked outside for seats at outside bar to no avail. We went back to hostess to get an table inside and the wait time was 50 minutes. Open table had an eight o'clock reservation which could have us seated in less than 10 minutes. We asked hostess about open table reservation and she didn't want to honor it initially. We did get a table but we felt hostess was being dishonest about wait times as if she didn't want to seat us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place to have dinner w/friendsAguaclaraDined on 9/5/2014I have been at Brimstone about five times, and I always keep it as a place that I can return.They do have good meat (I tried the Ceviche entree which is nice the Skirt with Chimichurrri twice and I think it is also a good dish). Also they have a good outdoor bar where people get together (be ready for a loud music and crowd, but good to see people and be with friends). In summary, if you are loooking for a place where the food is consistent, Brimstone is a good choice in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceAlfredoDined on 9/5/2014The service and food were great. The restaurant menu provides you a wide range of selections. The servers are very friendly and are always ready to answer any questions you may have regarding the menu.Special Features:
- Delicious food, though pricy.BOBBDined on 9/1/2014The food was incredible, especially the steaks. Our group had the Porterhouse, New York Strip and the Filet Mignon. All were delicious and cooked perfectly to order. The Mojitos were also excellent, though also very pricy ($14 each).Special Features:
- Outstanding !DiningDudeDined on 8/30/2014A wonderful dining experience. Our daughter brought us there to help us celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. I had the bone-in Ribeye that melted in my mouth. The salted baked potato and the sautéed spinach were a great addition to my meal. An impressive wine list allowed me to pick a nice Merlot. My wife and daughter both had the NY Strip which was prepared perfectly. I highly recommend this restaurant for any Dining opportunity !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experience!!!Food4lifeDined on 8/27/2014Our waiter, Matthew was very attentive and knowledgable!! The Margherita Flatbread was amazing!!! I would definitely recommend this restaurant!! Great atmosphere, party of 4 and worth every penny spent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and atmospherejwtixguyDined on 8/21/2014Had the scallops and sweet potato mash, very good! Atmosphere at lunch was conducive to having a meeting with a business partner.Special Features:
- As expected...LoGhansOpinionDined on 8/15/2014I actually came to Brimstone because I wanted something simple for my birthday and not over the top... and it was as I expected... the food and my steak was actually pretty good, even my free birthday dessert which was the brownie... You all have to forgive me, but I'm a fat kid at heart. I would definitely go back, it's a good find. Not over the top and definitely not at the bottom...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and Service!TownieDined on 8/14/2014Wonderful food, best meal we had in a week of dining out! Steaks and appetizers were perfectly prepared. Standouts were the steak salad, sweet potato fries, crab cakes, and key lime pie. Our server was funny, attentive, and his recommendations were spot on!Special Features:
- brimstone/pinesluv2dineVIPDined on 7/26/2014enjoyed it very much. group of six. nice big booth.very friendly efficient service. very nice varied menu. food nicely prepared.prices reasonable.huge patio with music. that would be lovely in the winter.Special Features:
- Star in the Pines!SFBomberDined on 6/26/2014Looking for a romantic evening away from the kids, we went big; and struck it rich! Beautiful décor, perfect service, spectacular food... We even had the manager removing our Ceviche unprovoked after explaining another table's displeasure with it. Shortly thereafter, he returned with an explanation as to why. You don't get that in other restaurants 99% of the time. So thankful for Brimstone. Have told numerous friends of the experience already. Wife hungered for ... pork chops. Deep, flavored sauce lightly covered perfectly-cooked chops. My mouth still watered after finishing my steak. With an above par experience, we usually add to our patronage with dessert. Wife had yummy cappuccino and I devoured a brownie with vanilla ice cream.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome ExperienceOliveoilDined on 6/22/2014Brimstone was a great pick for a birthday brunch and their brunch/lunch menu catered to all. I was especially impressed by the serving size of the brunch sides and even more impresssed how my sons ate and enjoyed the food. The French toast is to die for. The service was exquisite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/20/2014Great place, good food, good service.... Had a great experience.. would recommend it...Special Features:
- SSotoDined on 6/17/2014Waiter is knowledge, polite explained his menu well. I love the music was playing I hate restaurants that are so quite What I did not like was the odor on the clothe napkins (smells like grease) that is my bad comment (needs a better soap to wash)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Skimpily dressed hostess.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/15/2014We reserved for Father's Day brunch, were promptly taken to our table by a very young, pleasant hostess who, had I been the general manager, would have immediately been sent home to change her skimpy skirt for something more appropriate for a family restaurant. The Brimstone is not a lounge nor a hangout for the 'under 25' set. There were numerous families with children, yet this young lady took patrons to their tables wearing a skirt that was so tight she couldn't get a ruler between the fabric & her skin & so short that the bottom of the back of the skirt was barely 2 inches from where her butt ended, she kept pulling her skirt down so she knew there was something wrong. Shame on management for allowing this!Special Features:
- Great brunchjamesellDined on 6/15/2014This is a terrific steak place, that also has a mean Sunday brunch. The steak eggs Benedict was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bottomless mimosasSofloladyVIPDined on 6/15/2014We have been going here for dinner & it is always consistent. We went on Father's Day for brunch. We had the bottomless mimosas for $15 each, best value in town. They brought a bottle of decent champagne & orange juice to the table, you made yours to your taste. When the bottles emptied they replaced them with a smile. Also had the filet eggs benedict, fabulous. Will definitely return for brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014For the money Brimstone under delivers. The Service is great and they respond to all requests, but the food needs to be better. The pork chops were a little dry and the chicken had to go back. We have been there before and thought the same as we did after the second visit. We always give a nearby restaurant a second shot and it was the same story both times. We do enjoy brunch, but it's more reasonable and easier fare to execute.
- Always Specialv8itallDined on 6/14/2014Brimstone is always a great choice for us. For some reason we had always gone for the restaurant next door, but once we discovered Brimstone, we never regretted it. The noise level is bearable. The food choices are very nice, and there always seems to be some small variation in the menu to keep things interesting from one visit to the next. The drinks are fabulous, and the wine list is not disappointing at all. The staff all seem to work as a team. Very friendly too.Special Features:
- A treat in the backyardHARDDO91VIPDined on 6/14/2014Brimstone sits amongst the offerings of PG in Pembroke Pines. There are many good choices here, but Brimsotne never disappoints and is always available for a nice, tasty meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally dined hereOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 6/14/2014After passing by on !-75 so many times, we finally went for an early (4pm) dinner on a Saturday. We were a group of 7 with a reservation - no trouble being seated immediately. Service was good - which sometimes is tough with a larger group - but being there outside the dinner rush enabled the kitchen and the servers to get all our meals out at the same time, hot and ready. Food was very good. Noise level was moderate, but that may be different during prime time. Parking is a nightmare - so you really need to valet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014It was my boyfriends birthday and I really didn't know what I was going to do for him. I remember him mentioning Brimstone. I had never been here before and it was so easy to make online reservations earlier that day. We got to the resturant we didn't have to wait to be seated. The staff was kind and professional and the food was AMAZING. The lighting and atmosphere was just what we needed. We really enjoyed ourselves and we look forward to coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brimstone DiningperlaDined on 6/8/2014We had a very good experience dining here. Our waitress was super. We felt she cared about what we ordered, how it would be served (some family members like meat well done, others raw/rare:))...took time to make it perfect. She was attentive and cared that everyhting was great. The food was excellent, tasty, nice portions, and reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful for special occasionfoodiepieDined on 6/7/2014This place is great and the food is delicious. The whole snapper was superb and the banana bread dessert is to die for. Live music outside setva great mood, even though we were inside. Would recommend to allSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd time I go and wasn't the sameOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/4/2014I went to Brimstone a few months ago with my girlfriends and it was amazing! This time we went again and invited 2 more friends because it was so good and they changed their menu! I was extremely disappointed with the menu so I ended up ordering sushi and I didn't like it at all! The lobster was very chewy and the rice was undercooked. Our flat bread was good but needed more basil because some pieces didn't get some. Overall our party of 8 paid $300 and was disappointed and we will definitely not be returning there again or recommending them to anyone.
- The following 84 reviews are from the Brimstone Woodfire Grill reviews archive.
- DownfallpploVIPDined on 6/1/2014We used to like this place, but our last visit was ver deceitful!!!! What a pity! Reduced menu, smaller portions, bad cooking.....will never go back!!!!
- CONGRATUALTIONSdinneroutDined on 6/1/2014What a perfect spot to celebrate a HS graduation! Food choice was varied and classier than other restaurants; the service was excellent! Will definitely returnI would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre for the pricejwsflDined on 5/31/2014The decor is well done, the menu seems a bit confused, the food tasted very good, and in general the service was good, although we felt like our waitress was on top of us, and that we were rushed a bit. At the end of the day, it's just not worth the money they are charging. It cost us about $100 for two, which isn't crazy high, but there are much much better places for that price range around town. Won't be back anytime soon.
- Food & ServiceLucyDined on 5/29/2014Never fails to amaze me every time I go. Delicious and great service. Highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time VisitNetteDined on 5/29/2014We came to celebrate our 32nd anniversary. The inside bar is first thing we saw as we walked in and was quite noisy. Our waiter told us the group was supposed to be at outside bar but were moved inside because it had rained earlier, so it made for a very noisy dining experience. The crab cake appetizer wasn't the greatest, nor was the 8 oz filet I requested to be cooked medium, came out more like medium well, but it cut like butter nonetheless. Hubs liked his bone-in rib eye, and we definitely loved the sauteed spinach with the leeks. The best part was the bread pudding with icecream and a raspberry sauce, quite tasty. Our waiter Luke was outstanding; had to be to put up with Hubs' jokes :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.