Brimstone Woodfire Grill
14575 SW 5th St.
Pembroke Pines, FL 33027Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Brimstone Woodfire Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://brimstonewoodfiregrill.com/
- Phone: 9544302333
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch
A word from Brimstone Woodfire Grill
Brimstone’s premise is simple; start with the best ingredients available within the market, prepare them fresh daily with uncompromising standards and what we end up with is consistently great food that satisfies the most discriminating taste. Our menu is contemporary American fare and is a mélange of flavors, so you will find something that will please just about anyone in your family or group. Our menu features steaks cooked in a 1600-degree broiler, woodfire grilled fresh seafood, gourmet pizza, sushi and salads.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Brimstone Woodfire Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (44)great for outdoor dining (42)special occasion (33)romantic (25)hot spot (24)vibrant bar scene (24)neighborhood gem (23)fit for foodies (16)great for lunch (13)late-night find (9)great for brunch (8)kid-friendly (8)notable wine list (7)Show More
- teamsmexyDined on 10/22/2014I thought the restaurant was nice. The service was great didn't have to wait on anything. The food is definitely overpriced. I don't mind spending at all. But if i am paying $38 for a filet mignon i expect more than an 8 ounce steak. The potatoes tasted like they where sitting in a pot all day. Don't get the crab cake as an appetizer it is the size of a half dollar. If you live in the area it isnt to bad, not many steak houses in that area.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2014Brimstone Woodfire Grill is exceptional in all areas. The service, attentiveness, quality and presentation of the food is impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceitalianoDined on 10/16/2014We had a lovely evening with good food and good serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeQueenDined on 10/16/2014First time experience was awesome. Prompt service, great food and the bread pudding was delicious. Excellent overall!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellentsurpriseyou2014Dined on 10/12/2014Very accommodating excellent service. Good was excellent, totally recommended the sushi. It was fresh best part was the kid friendliness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ladygodiva6Dined on 10/11/2014I really enjoy my time there. Food and service was wonderful. Ambiance was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- packed every dayNvizbleVIPDined on 10/11/2014Because of the location at Pembroke Gardens Mall this place gets way too crowded.Special Features:
- Great food, atmosphere and serviceJennDined on 10/10/2014Really nice, sophisticated atmosphere. Our waiter was excellent! Very nice and helpful. The noise level is a little high but we had a loud table next to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey, average food.CableguyDined on 10/10/2014The $41 New York Strip was not nearly as good as what you could get at outback for less than half the price. I was extremely disappointed in the food quality and this 'back room', which looked like a board room with a projector facing a wine bottle wall, that they put us in made me feel like I was in the storage room and the noise level in this section was too loud to hold a normal conversation. This was my first, and last, time here.
- DissapoinmentPazmanianDevilDined on 10/8/2014I went here to our 20th anniversary thinking I would have a magical moment of offer to my wife. So far from the truth. Although service and ambiance were ok, definitely not worthy of $40.00 plates. I ordered a sea bass base on a recommendation I read. It was tasteless and had a tough crust on top that I am still trying to figure out what it was. My wife ordered the NY strip steak medium well, and although it was cooked medium well and was juicy, on the outside it was burnt and when I tried it it took me a while to get rid of the charcoal flavor in my mouth. Actually, it took the white chocolate bread pudding desert to make it go away.Special Features:
- Underwhelmedapicius13Dined on 9/29/2014The place looks great, service is friendly, food is good but not outstanding, prices are high. What I missed is organization, process and a touch of class that would match the building and the prices charged. It felt like the place was managed by Chilii's. I got a $44 steak and had to ask for a steak knife and fresh ground pepper.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Awesome service! Great food. Would definitely recommend this place to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/27/2014Average food at above avg prices. Outside is the only place to be.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/15/2014Our evening began with meeting our delightful server, Juanita, a lovely young lady with a ready smile and a friendly demeanor always ready to be of service. We were pleased to begin with cocktails and a very good appetizer, the crab cake, which was prepared well, crispy exterior and soft, moist interior with a good crab flavor. The accompanying corn chowder/relish was just the right thing with the crab cake. We ordered steaks, the bone-in rib eye and the filet mignon and both were done as we prefer, medium-rare. The accompanying bearnaise sauce, sauteed mushrooms, broccolini, and sauteed spinach all added to the pleasure of the tasty steaks as did the salads before hand. Dessert was the creme brulee and with coffee was just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic and peacefuljlaut003Dined on 9/14/2014This is an awesome place to have really good food and to spend quality time and celebrate with the people you love. The environment is so relaxing and inviting that even the most timid people can spark conversation over a nice candlelight dinner. The food came out in a timely matter, fast even. The Parmesan crusted chicken was excellent! The crust was nice and crunchy and not overpowering. The linguine was tossed in a butter sauce with capers and mushrooms. The capers added a nice bite and hint of tartness. My date had a shrimp dinner and he loved it! I was quite surprised as he is a picky eater. The waiters/waitresses are very accommodating and are very willing to help. We will be returning! He was very pleased with the customer service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodscottk3962VIPDined on 9/13/2014Consistently good food, the bread pudding is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014I asked for a romantic dinner and it seems like we were the only ones who weren't granted that request. We were sat next to a door near the outside patio so every time that door was opened (which was quite frequent), we heard the loud band playing. Additionally, immediately behind our table was an employee kiosk where we heard the employees' conversation and kept getting bumped when they bumped the back side of the booth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014Food and service was excellent. Reservation accepted with no problemSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cooked to perfectionJackalDined on 9/13/2014All 4 of us ordered the Fillet Mignon with various sauces. A loaded baked potato complemented the meal. All-in-all, it was very good, a little pricey, but it was a special occasion. I was somewhat disappointed with the limited selection of beer, specifically that there were no dark beers at all and a nice porter or stout would have been an excellent pairing with the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood find!FREDDined on 9/6/2014Greeted & seated at exact time of reservation even though people were waiting. Drink orders taken immediately upon being seated. Waiter Corey was outstanding. My steak was prepared exactly as ordered. There was a problem with my wife's steak that Corey handled expertly and without hesitation. Manager Moses was also most solicitous and made absolutely certain that we were completely satisfied. We will be repeat diners.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/5/2014We went in without an open table reservation for an outside table. Hostess gave use a hour wait time. We looked outside for seats at outside bar to no avail. We went back to hostess to get an table inside and the wait time was 50 minutes. Open table had an eight o'clock reservation which could have us seated in less than 10 minutes. We asked hostess about open table reservation and she didn't want to honor it initially. We did get a table but we felt hostess was being dishonest about wait times as if she didn't want to seat us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place to have dinner w/friendsAguaclaraDined on 9/5/2014I have been at Brimstone about five times, and I always keep it as a place that I can return.They do have good meat (I tried the Ceviche entree which is nice the Skirt with Chimichurrri twice and I think it is also a good dish). Also they have a good outdoor bar where people get together (be ready for a loud music and crowd, but good to see people and be with friends). In summary, if you are loooking for a place where the food is consistent, Brimstone is a good choice in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceAlfredoDined on 9/5/2014The service and food were great. The restaurant menu provides you a wide range of selections. The servers are very friendly and are always ready to answer any questions you may have regarding the menu.Special Features:
- Delicious food, though pricy.BOBBDined on 9/1/2014The food was incredible, especially the steaks. Our group had the Porterhouse, New York Strip and the Filet Mignon. All were delicious and cooked perfectly to order. The Mojitos were also excellent, though also very pricy ($14 each).Special Features:
- Outstanding !DiningDudeDined on 8/30/2014A wonderful dining experience. Our daughter brought us there to help us celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. I had the bone-in Ribeye that melted in my mouth. The salted baked potato and the sautéed spinach were a great addition to my meal. An impressive wine list allowed me to pick a nice Merlot. My wife and daughter both had the NY Strip which was prepared perfectly. I highly recommend this restaurant for any Dining opportunity !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experience!!!Food4lifeDined on 8/27/2014Our waiter, Matthew was very attentive and knowledgable!! The Margherita Flatbread was amazing!!! I would definitely recommend this restaurant!! Great atmosphere, party of 4 and worth every penny spent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and atmospherejwtixguyDined on 8/21/2014Had the scallops and sweet potato mash, very good! Atmosphere at lunch was conducive to having a meeting with a business partner.Special Features:
- As expected...LoGhansOpinionDined on 8/15/2014I actually came to Brimstone because I wanted something simple for my birthday and not over the top... and it was as I expected... the food and my steak was actually pretty good, even my free birthday dessert which was the brownie... You all have to forgive me, but I'm a fat kid at heart. I would definitely go back, it's a good find. Not over the top and definitely not at the bottom...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and Service!TownieDined on 8/14/2014Wonderful food, best meal we had in a week of dining out! Steaks and appetizers were perfectly prepared. Standouts were the steak salad, sweet potato fries, crab cakes, and key lime pie. Our server was funny, attentive, and his recommendations were spot on!Special Features:
- brimstone/pinesluv2dineVIPDined on 7/26/2014enjoyed it very much. group of six. nice big booth.very friendly efficient service. very nice varied menu. food nicely prepared.prices reasonable.huge patio with music. that would be lovely in the winter.Special Features:
- Star in the Pines!SFBomberDined on 6/26/2014Looking for a romantic evening away from the kids, we went big; and struck it rich! Beautiful décor, perfect service, spectacular food... We even had the manager removing our Ceviche unprovoked after explaining another table's displeasure with it. Shortly thereafter, he returned with an explanation as to why. You don't get that in other restaurants 99% of the time. So thankful for Brimstone. Have told numerous friends of the experience already. Wife hungered for ... pork chops. Deep, flavored sauce lightly covered perfectly-cooked chops. My mouth still watered after finishing my steak. With an above par experience, we usually add to our patronage with dessert. Wife had yummy cappuccino and I devoured a brownie with vanilla ice cream.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 98 reviews are from the Brimstone Woodfire Grill reviews archive.
- Awesome ExperienceOliveoilDined on 6/22/2014Brimstone was a great pick for a birthday brunch and their brunch/lunch menu catered to all. I was especially impressed by the serving size of the brunch sides and even more impresssed how my sons ate and enjoyed the food. The French toast is to die for. The service was exquisite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/20/2014Great place, good food, good service.... Had a great experience.. would recommend it...Special Features:
- SSotoDined on 6/17/2014Waiter is knowledge, polite explained his menu well. I love the music was playing I hate restaurants that are so quite What I did not like was the odor on the clothe napkins (smells like grease) that is my bad comment (needs a better soap to wash)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Skimpily dressed hostess.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/15/2014We reserved for Father's Day brunch, were promptly taken to our table by a very young, pleasant hostess who, had I been the general manager, would have immediately been sent home to change her skimpy skirt for something more appropriate for a family restaurant. The Brimstone is not a lounge nor a hangout for the 'under 25' set. There were numerous families with children, yet this young lady took patrons to their tables wearing a skirt that was so tight she couldn't get a ruler between the fabric & her skin & so short that the bottom of the back of the skirt was barely 2 inches from where her butt ended, she kept pulling her skirt down so she knew there was something wrong. Shame on management for allowing this!Special Features:
- Great brunchjamesellDined on 6/15/2014This is a terrific steak place, that also has a mean Sunday brunch. The steak eggs Benedict was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bottomless mimosasSofloladyVIPDined on 6/15/2014We have been going here for dinner & it is always consistent. We went on Father's Day for brunch. We had the bottomless mimosas for $15 each, best value in town. They brought a bottle of decent champagne & orange juice to the table, you made yours to your taste. When the bottles emptied they replaced them with a smile. Also had the filet eggs benedict, fabulous. Will definitely return for brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014For the money Brimstone under delivers. The Service is great and they respond to all requests, but the food needs to be better. The pork chops were a little dry and the chicken had to go back. We have been there before and thought the same as we did after the second visit. We always give a nearby restaurant a second shot and it was the same story both times. We do enjoy brunch, but it's more reasonable and easier fare to execute.
- Always Specialv8itallDined on 6/14/2014Brimstone is always a great choice for us. For some reason we had always gone for the restaurant next door, but once we discovered Brimstone, we never regretted it. The noise level is bearable. The food choices are very nice, and there always seems to be some small variation in the menu to keep things interesting from one visit to the next. The drinks are fabulous, and the wine list is not disappointing at all. The staff all seem to work as a team. Very friendly too.Special Features:
- A treat in the backyardHARDDO91VIPDined on 6/14/2014Brimstone sits amongst the offerings of PG in Pembroke Pines. There are many good choices here, but Brimsotne never disappoints and is always available for a nice, tasty meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.