Brighton Bar and Grill
400 W.Main Street
Brighton, MI 48116Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Brighton Bar and Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.brightonbarandgrill.com/
- Phone: 8102294115
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-- Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday -- Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Eric Goldstron
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We are known for our ability to WOW! your guests, so feel free to book your next event and we will customize your menu specifically for your event.
- Private Party Contact: Hana or Elena 8102294115
A word from Brighton Bar and Grill
The Brighton Bar & Grill is a contemporary, bright and energetic restaurant serving the very best in American eclectic fare. Our food is fresh, full of bold flavors and eye-catching presentations. Our service staff is attentive, friendly, and eager to make your visit with us a memorable one. Our attention to detail is second to none, making your dining experience always satisfying. Our slogan, emphasized in our mission statement and carried out in our restaurant every day, is "Always an Escape. Always Uniquely Brighton Bar & Grill" We look forward to exceeding your expectations!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Brighton Bar and Grill - Best Restaurants in Brighton ›
Brighton Bar and Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (40)fit for foodies (26)great for outdoor dining (22)special occasion (21)good for groups (17)great for lunch (15)hot spot (8)romantic (7)notable wine list (7)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (4)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- Great local restaurant1foodloverDined on 10/11/2014We always enjoy our meals at Brighton Bar and Grill. The food is wonderful with good portions and beautiful presentation. The service is great.Special Features:
- fantastic.yumyumDined on 10/4/2014My wife and I went here on a date night. The food and service were excellent. We were both immensely pleased. We plan to visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RossDined on 10/3/2014The food and ambiance were very good and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Bacon CheeseburgerRobertVIPDined on 9/26/2014Must be the beef, but when I think of a great bacon cheese burger at home in Ohio, I want to get in the car and drive to Brighton. Try one. Brighton Bar and Grill also does any fish or seafood well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Dining!GrammaKatDined on 9/26/2014We live about 50 miles away from Brighton but will make the trip for dinner at the Brighton Bar and Grill. Everything from beginning to end was wonderful -- fabulous food, service, drinks, just a great place for a fine dining experience!Special Features:
- Another Great VisitTrevorLBrooksVIPDined on 9/19/2014Brighton Bar and Grill is one of my usual go to spots for the bar atmosphere, food and overall setting when my wife and I are just looking to relax a little with a couple of drinks and some good conversation. On this visit we had dinner with another couple and as always the food was wonderful. I have to give special recognition to Matthew who waited on us this visit, he provided impeccable service through out our evening.Special Features:
- Great AGAINkparDined on 9/19/2014Not only is the food wonderful but we had incredible service. Alyssa,our server, was attentive and so pleasant. She never hovered but always touched base to see what we needed. She is doing an outstanding job and contributed to our dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal!floatingdocDined on 9/12/2014Had another great meal - steak benedict was delicious and cooked perfectly. Great wine list. Wait staff was friendly, helpful and non-obtrusive with no pressure to finish up and leave. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Good first visitDayleDined on 9/10/2014I had lunch here with a friend who recommended the place. As it was raining, we stayed inside so I can't comment on the patio seating (if there is any) or view. The service was very good as our server was very attentive. That being said, due the time and the weather the place was pretty empty. The lunch menu had a wide variety of items. I chose the meatloaf. It was flavorful but the texture was rubbery. The stir fried veg on the side was excellent. Overall I give it a 4 out of 5 and will definitely come back. It was a nice, quiet place to have lunch with a colleague.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected Treat!GDubsVIPDined on 9/5/2014We didn't know what to expect when we visited Brighton Bar and Grill but were pleasantly surprised! The food and service were both fantastic! We arrived during the middle of a terrible storm (the lights even flickered) and the middle of a street festival (which had all parking/traffic blocked off), but the staff was awesome and accommodating. We both ordered pasta dishes (we were running a marathon the next day) and didn't have high expectations for pasta quality at a "bar and grill." However, we both agreed the dishes were among the best we ever had. We'll be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- thoroughly enjoyable dinerAJandDCDined on 8/30/2014the food was excellent, and service superb. We once again enjoyed a great dinner! The drunken salmon and tuna were fantastic.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Came for an early meal on a Saturday night. Was visiting with old friends and ended up staying 3 hours and was never pressured to hurry or leave. Excellent service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dmsiVIPDined on 8/27/2014Always great meals and consistent quality and service.Special Features:
- Loved it!pamelammiDined on 8/16/2014We had an early birthday dinner prior to going to a movie in Brighton. The Brighton Bar and Grill was very good and we will dine there again when next in the area. We all enjoyed our meals, two of us had the tenderloin sandwich which was cooked to perfection and very tasty. One had a build your own burger and loved it, and one had the Maurice salad and said it was good too. Matthew was our server and he was great. We never had to wait for more water or beverage refills, he checked on us in a timely fashion and kept our table clear of any unnecessary items. If I were still a restaurant manager I definitely would hire him to work in my establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brighton's BestOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014No other restaurant in Brighton is a must do, and do again. Consistently great food at reasonable prices. A fine wine list, without being pretentious. Mark is great as a manager and has a fine staff.Special Features:
- Wonderful find!TorofoodiesDined on 8/2/2014We found this through Open Table, and read reviews, which were great. When we got to Brighton the art fair was going on, so we walked around a bit, and then went in to eat. Our waiter (Kyle, I think) was awesome. He provided recommendations, and his service rhythm was perfect. The food was outstanding.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Comfortable and relaxed dining. Many food choices. 2 people in the group chose the specials which were excellent! Great wine choices!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DELISHilove2eatDined on 7/18/2014I had the yellow lake perch and it was amazing! Several people at my table got the jumbo sea scallops and they were amazing as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great. As usual!TomMDined on 7/12/2014BB&G is one of our favorite spots in Brighton to eat. Consistently good food and atmosphere. On our most recent visit, their service went above and beyond. Dining with friends outside, we were caught in a summer storm but even though it was peak dinner hour, the staff found a table for us inside. They are amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favoritesgeriDined on 7/12/2014Great local place. Outside dining is great for people watching. Their roast garlic platter appetizer is the best!Special Features:
- Amaizing restaurantDimaDined on 7/5/2014Great food , great service amazing salads.. My kid also loved his mac & cheeseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 321 reviews are from the Brighton Bar and Grill reviews archive.
- OutstandingKimberleeDined on 6/15/2014Dinner was excellent and service was wonderful. We were there for Father's Day and Brighton B & G was a hit for everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect once moreGeorgeBDined on 6/6/2014Been going to Brighton Bar & Grill for the last 15 yrs. At least once a month. So we like the place, especially after the new owners took over, a few yrs ago. We will be going back there for the next 15 yrs :-)Special Features:
- afanDined on 6/4/2014Good categories of entrees, all with nice choices. Food is good. Server very helpful. $10 off wine on Weds is nice!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/31/2014My husband and I met my daughter here for dinner when she was in the area. We were so happy we had made a reservation, as the place was packed on a beautiful Saturday evening. The menu looked awesome and did not disappoint! I had the special halibut with a wonderful morel mushroom sauce, my daughter had the "drunken salmon", which she loved, and my husband had a steak (I had a bite, and it was great). We shared the calamari and garlic platter appetizer, both very generous portions, and could easily have served a few more. The service was awesome and efficient. Everyone was very friendly (even those not directly involved with our service). We will definitely return; this is the way all restaurants should be!Special Features:
- Dinner with a friendOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014I arrived early, got a booth as requested in the back room, for a quiet dinner with a friend so we could hear each other and not have to worry about being overheard. After I was seated, a party of 4 adults and a baby were seated in the same room, right next to my booth with a small divider wall between us. Before my guest arrived, the baby was fussy, but by the time my guest arrived, the baby was subdued. Had that not have been the case, I would have requested another table. The restaurant inside was not busy, and though there was ample outdoor seating, it was full and we would have had to compete with the car and other diners' noise. I was just fine being seated inside with air conditioning.Special Features:
- Good food, great serviceDryfly1Dined on 5/25/2014Outdoor seating as requested. Not in direct sun, which is good. Both our meals were good, service was very good, and cost was very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for wonderful foodAJandDCDined on 5/23/2014Once again, we thoroughly enjoyed a wonderful meal at Brighton Bar & Grill. The food is great and selection numerous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- knkbekDined on 5/17/2014The restaurant was recommended by a friend who told us we had to try the French onion soup and it was wonderful. We also tried the build your own burger and it was one of the best we've had. Loved the ambience and the opportunity to make reservations.Special Features:
- Great food, wine, and serviceTinaDined on 5/14/2014We had 3 adults and 2 kids in our party. Everyone had a different dish: pork chop, burger, and scallops. I tried them all including kids meals. It was very, very good! We ordered a bottle of Cabernet Savingnon from Kings Estate to complement our food. We were very happy with our choice. We had a brownie with ice cream in a skillet for dessert. It was to die for. The service was very good. This is a great place for family special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- something for everyonetrixiegDined on 5/11/2014We had a party of 4 with a variety of palates. There was something for everyone and EVERYTHING was delicious. Great wine & beer selection. The beet & goat cheese salad was the best ever. Pasta was excellent, seafood was perfect and the desserts were visual and taste delights. Knowledgeable server was greatly appreciated. We went to celebrate and it was a perfect spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day BrunchaastevenDined on 5/11/2014I was very pleased with my visit this Mother's Day. Was late making reservations and on Thursday evening they were able to find my family of 7 a table for Sunday brunch. This was the 7th restaurant that I called and was the only place able to accomodate. I do not live in the area and Brighton worked as a nice meeting spot for myself, parents and my sisters family, so this restaurant we were taking a stab in the dark. Some family members were surprised by how nice the food and ambience of the place. When you read bar and grill it doesn't always give off the best vibe, but this was a great dining expereinve. The menu was great and prices were very competitive epsecially for the amount of food you receive. I would highly recommend this place!Special Features:
- Food was great as normalbbjeepenDined on 5/3/2014We really live this place. Our only complaint is that seem to over book. The last two time we went we had reservations and still had to wait 30 minutes and then the only table they offered was in the bar which is noisier and crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love2actfancyDined on 5/3/2014The BB&G roast chicken was over cooked and the Mac and cheese with chicken was decient. The virgin strawberry daiquiri was a little sour and our server rarely showed up until he saw our plates at the end of the table and knew we were doneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencePaulGDined on 5/2/2014Visited here for a first date meet up. Ambience is energetic and noisy...lots of conversation, laughter...good times. Due to noise level it was sometimes hard to hear but can't fault the restaurant for that. Wine choices are reasonable. Food was excellent, the fillet cooked perfectly, and their carrot cake dessert could feed a small army. It's busy so recommend reservations.Special Features:
- Great food and friendly serviceHendricmDined on 5/2/2014Brighton Bar and Grill is a favorite of mine. I've been there many times and in all of my visits the food has been delicious and the staff has been very friendly. I definitely recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday LunchBethDined on 4/26/2014We had a party of 7 for a birthday lunch. The service and food were excellent. When you hear "bar & grill" you don't picture a place like this. This is more upscale than your typical bar and grill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good date nightjennDined on 4/19/2014I hadn't been here in over 10 years and I was pleasantly surprised. Our waitress was awesome and made educated food recommendations to my husband and I. She knew the menu and was able describe accurately the flavors of the foods. I feel our portions were great and it was all in all a very nice night out.Special Features:
- Another WinnerkparDined on 4/14/2014We had great food at Brighton Bar and Grill once again. Carol, our server, was awesome. She was patient as we chatted and chatted....gave us space...served the food and drinks in great order. We keep coming back- and 1/2 of us drive from Grosse Pointe and the other 1/2 drive from Lansing. Thank you for such a great spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs an Acoustic EngineerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014The food and service was absolutely awesome. Exceeded expectations. However, the noise level was deafening. It was like an 80's KISS concert in the dining hall. Sure, it was a Saturday night. But, I went for my 28th Wedding Anniversary. I couldn't hear a word my wife said. She screamed a few times, "It's really loud in here." Not what you're looking for during a romantic meal. There are plenty of opportunities for them to remedy this situation. I've been involved with audio for an entire career. They could enhance the 'experience" by consulting an Acoustic Engineer. Capturing and reflecting noise...with the awesome food and service...that's a WIN!