Briggs Kitchen + Bar
100 317 10th Avenue SW
Calgary, AB T2R 0A5Neighborhood:
Contemporary French / AmericanPrice: CAN$30 and under
Briggs Kitchen + Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.briggskandb.com/
- Phone: 5873505015x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 2:00pm - 5:00pm.
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:00am.
Weekend Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French / American, Burgers, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: Xavier Lacaze
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Glassed in private room for up to ten. Independent tv and music system for guest access and presentations.
- Private Party Contact: Amanda Gallop 5873505015x
A word from Briggs Kitchen + Bar
Briggs is a lively environment on bustling Tenth Avenue. Our offerings cover many bases from sharing plates of great vegetables to burgers and for the adventurous, a 48oz rib-eye cooked over live charcoal. Coupling the food program are some of the best cocktails around and a wine list that is sure to please all palates. Briggs offers a unique twist of punch with brunch on weekends from ten till two.Continued
If there is no availability online please come check with us as we are a first-come-first-serve location and may still have enough room to fit you in.
If there is no availability online please come check with us as we are a first-come-first-serve location and may still have enough room to fit you in.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Briggs Kitchen + Bar - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Briggs Kitchen + Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
163 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (88)fit for foodies (88)great for lunch (68)hot spot (54)special occasion (37)neighborhood gem (34)great for brunch (27)great for outdoor dining (24)late-night find (20)notable wine list (16)vibrant bar scene (14)kid-friendly (12)romantic (10)scenic view (2)Show More
- Bridal ShowerGarfieldDined on 9/20/2014Great service! Love that we got put into the private room and that it was just use. The server constantly checked up on us. Love it!Special Features:
- great place!mingDined on 9/19/2014Had a fantastic lunch with my coworkers!! Awesome food and service was great! Lobster Mac n cheese - must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent fresh foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/18/2014We brought our daughter to Briggs Kitchen & Bar for her 19th birthday and had a fabulous experience. The menu was varied, and the food was excellent. If you like to share, Briggs provides a great opportunity to try lots of different items - all of which were delicious. My husband loved it so much he brought customers back the next day for lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service!FoodStarDined on 9/17/2014We went for lunch and ordered the Halibut sandwich, which was very good with the jalepeno aioli. My BF had the smoked brisket which was good, but we love our authentic french canadian poutine and were disapointed - not real curds and gravy had too many onions. Also overpriced to change our regular fries to poutine on both our sandwiches, it was an additional $16. Service was great and we'd go back to try additional items on the menu.Special Features:
- DelishOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014Food is to DIE for, if you're in to veggies! Meat is great too!Special Features:
- BrunchKS80VIPDined on 9/13/2014Was at Briggs for brunch. Had to send our food back as it was cold the first time. Once we got it remade it was excellent and perfect. Will be going back for another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very noisy but the food is worth itCharbayDined on 9/12/2014We had the lobster mac & cheese, calamari, sausage small plates - all great taste and sharing options. White Chocolate Mousse had an interesting presentation and Chocolate Pot - both sweet treats to end a nice meal. Plan on a short time at the restaurant for a fabulous dinner and then find a nice quiet spot for dessert, coffee and conversation. I doubt you could get a table here without a reservation. I made mine 3 weeks ahead and had only limited choice of dining timesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great timeGeonatyDined on 9/10/2014I booked a table for eight and we got their private room which was awesome because we have two small kids so they were running around while not disturbing anybody. We had a family style meal by ordering two tomahawk steaks and a bunch of sides plus the appetizers. The food was great. Everybody enjoyed it. But really our server made the night: Chelsea. What an amazing and understanding waitress she is. I would go back to that place any second. I want to try more dishes from their menu and hopefully I will get Chealsea to serve me lolSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Are you good at sharing?OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/20146 of us ate and did the recommended multiple appetizers and shared a roast chicken and short rib. Chicken was delicious, the short rib was really too small to share adequately. Excellent and interesting choices for appetizers. Good wine selection as well. Definitely will return.Special Features:
- great first time experienceditmerDined on 9/5/2014Tried this place after an appointment downtown. Excellent food on a beautiful evening so we could sit outside. Loved the flatbread with ratatouille. Shortrib along with creamed corn was awesome. Desserts were good, not great. Will definitely go back-there was lots on the menu and other diner plates that we'd like to try. Even got parking in back!Special Features:
- Just OK..diner89556Dined on 8/31/2014We bought the $99 groupon for dining for 4 people! Appetizers- calamari and traditional poutine. The poutine tasted burnt like they burnt the gravy. Next was the Tamahawk steak big reason for the groupon! My hubby noticed that when the server brought it back to the cook for cutting they bought out OUR steak to show to the next table!!! I was sooo looking forward to eating the Tomahawk but it was BURNT! I have to say it was VERY moist and tender but the burnt taste was overwhelming! Next up desserts, the lemon tart/pie, and the chocolate hot pot! omg.. those were to DIE for!!! Overall, the experience was just ok. I have to say I will go back to try again so hope the experience will be better!Special Features:
- BrunchAudreyDined on 8/31/2014I came for brunch with a group of girlfriends, having had a great dinner experience here. The restaurant was not busy at all, although the patio was a little busier as the day was nice. The brunch menu was small, but the food was good. There weren't many patrons, but our server did not come by very often, so we had to wait a while to order food (we flagged someone else down) and then to get the bill. (No check-up during our meal either.) Otherwise, the experience was still positive: good food with friends.Special Features:
- Outstanding food!FlowerdrumsongVIPDined on 8/30/2014We love Briggs. If you want a casual gathering with phenomenal food, go here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CTaxDined on 8/30/2014The food was good but service needs to be much better!Special Features:
- Good food, disappointing serviceRFnosfoodDined on 8/29/2014For the most part the food was good. Lobster ravioli was disappointing and bland. Pork belly was nicely cooked, but light on seasoning. The burger is outstanding and juicy as well as the various veggie dishes for sharing. Service was very disappointing. For our recent dinner trip the 3 staff members who helped us seemed to have little training and virtually no knowledge of the menu or wine list, which was in stark contrast to the service I received for a recent lunch visit to Briggs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING!!!JillDined on 8/27/2014Our first experience was for dinner and the other day we went for lunch. Ask for the Brigg's experience, you won't be disappointed!Special Features:
- Outstanding meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014The night was a birthday party and I couldn't have asked for better food. Very pleased! Service was great and recommendations on menu items were spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good2creekersDined on 8/23/2014Very good food and excellent service. Our group of 4 enjoyed sharing several different appetizers before our main courses. Very vibrant atmosphere and reasonable prices.Special Features:
- NayahDined on 8/22/2014Have been to Brigg's twice now and I tell my friends who have not been that they need to go! Love that there is ample street parking and the menu is incredible! The devilled eggs and green beans are a must!Special Features:
- Burger-TasticOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/22/2014We came here for a colleagues birthday and the feedback from everyone was that the food was awesome. Biggest praise went to the Chuck Burger. Two guys that ordered it, still talk about how good it was two days later. This was the first time for the majority of the group. This was my third lunch visit. Overall a very good experience for everyone. Items ordered: Mushroom Deviled Eggs, Croque Madame, Mahi Mahi, Beef Short Rib, House Smoked Brisket Sandwich and a Steak. There were no complaints for any of the items ordered.Special Features:
- Amateur hour?JshayVIPDined on 8/19/2014I've been to Briggs several times before, however last night was almost my last time... The service was just about unbearable! They were disorganized, slow, got our orders wrong 100% of the time and we're not very friendly. I'm thinking Briggs just did a major hiring of their front line staff, so let's hope that this is just a transition for them! Otherwise - one of my favourite spots in Calgary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/19/2014Food and service was great and the patio was a treat for lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfortunate...MichelinVIPDined on 8/17/2014We had high hopes for Briggs but we left sadly disappointed. The food was pedestrian at best and we were left asking if the chef even tasted the food. Calamari was chewy, flatbread was doughy, the much touted tomahawk steak was bland and not at all medium rare as requested. It was extremely rare. We were also wondering what was so special about their "seared" broccoli when all it was was steamed veggies with melted cheese on top. Service was spectacular, however.Special Features:
- Incredible!DinerDivaDined on 8/17/2014This is the second time my husband and I have gone to Briggs. Our server was very knowledgable and the food was incredible. Our water glasses were never empty and the whole experience was fantastic. The potato tic tacs are my favorite! We were very surprised at the portion sizes and definitely got our monies worth!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting foodMauinanaDined on 8/16/2014The service was excellent, server was very knowledgeable. My spouse and I both ordered the soup special which was a mushroom soup. It was a broth,not soup,there were no mushroom pieces in it. How do you have mushroom soup with no mushrooms? Sorry Briggs! And secondly it was so salty we both sent it back.Our server was very quick to offer us another choice of sides and we ordered the beet salad which was scrumptious! I ordered the chicken sandwich which ok, but the chicken was a "pulled chicken" which was then formed into a patty and pan seared.Surprise! Pretty nasty texture like puréed baby food. But put everything together in the sandwich and it was quite tasty if you ignored the texture!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hit and 2 missesMissMDined on 8/15/2014I've wanted to try this restaurant since it opened, but will unlikely go back. The ambience was good, service awkward and inexperienced, and food was a hit and 2 misses. I had chicken salad with over cooked chicken on a bed of slightly wilted greens with barely any orange segments which looked like mandarins from a can, and very minimal feta 👎. A friend had the angle hair shrimp pasta which looked wonderful and she loved 👍, and another friend had the pasta special, a short rib pappardelle. This was the worst of all, with naked pasta, pulled short ribs(which was good), and seemingly frozen vegetable mix with the cubed carrots and corn mix. A strange combo that didn't taste good👎! And to charge for water, unbelievable! Disappointing
- It was fine.ilovenevadahockeyDined on 8/14/2014Met my expectations. But surprised so many people rave about this place. We ordered the calamari and scallops for appies. The calamari was excellent, not over breaded and pretty fresh. The scallops were a bit small (only 3 came) - they were good but I think there should have been at least 4 pieces. Our group got the flat bread, steak and lobster rav. Steak was cooked to med-rare as requested, lobster was light and fresh, flat bread was a little to soft for my liking. Desert was a mousse which was actually really good. I would say the food is good, but not my favorite in Calgary. For this price point, I prefer Una, Farm, Market or BonTerra.Special Features:
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/12/2014Overall a great experience. The service was a tad slow as the restaurant filled up, but the food was all fantastic with a great menu. Lots of selection. Great for a group to share small plates. Cool decor. Will definitely come again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere but...YYCloveVIPDined on 8/11/2014I read about Brigg's restaurant in the Avenue magazine and was dying to try it. When we arrived we were seated promptly and our waitress was very attentive and knowledgeable. We ordered cocktails, the lobster rolls, the halibut and the poutine. What brought me to this restaurant was the promise of food 'to die for' but I was very let down. The halibut came on a bun. Who wants to eat a deep fried fish burger? It threw me off and I was also disappointed that I would have to shell out more money to replace the fries with soup or salad. The poutine was dry and needed more sauce and the lobster rolls were small. All in all there wasn't one food item that met my expectations. The setting was nice though but we came to eat.
- Great experience.ZachWDined on 8/10/2014Very cool place. Nice, rustic, open concept dining with delicious food and an awesome beer and wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite noisythomasgrant72Dined on 8/3/2014We tried out Briggs for the first time and grabbed an early Sunday afternoon reservation at 5:30. It's a neat looking place on the inside and, though it wasn't full, it was very noisy. The food was good, not great. I think this would be a better place to come with a big group of friends on a Friday evening (we were a family of four).Special Features:
- 2nd Time at BriggsNoCookingToniteDined on 7/30/2014My husband and I shared the 48 ounce Tomahawk steak dinner for 4 with another couple. Meat was tender. The appetizers: Poutine & calamari were delicious. We found the side dishes: cauliflower & green beans very good but small portions. Chocolate cake was yummy. Service is great but somewhat slow. I have to say that although we have enjoyed our experience both times, we find that the restaurant is very noisy and twice we have not been able to have a reservation much later than 5:30 pm through Open Table and that is booking a couple of weeks ahead.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch!ilovegoodfoodDined on 7/29/2014Had lunch with a couple of friends and ate on the patio (reservation was at 1 to avoid lunch crowd). Server managed to convince me to order the lobster roll and it was fantastic!! My only suggestion would be more umbrellas in the patio since it got unbearably hot at one point since there was no shade where we were seated. Other than that this place was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Briggs ReviewJadeDined on 7/29/2014Nice restaurant, great steak, beef, and chicken. We all got really large portions and they tasted great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BurgerYummyFishDined on 7/29/2014Burger was great but the Pork Belly was mediocre at best. When you normally order pork belly it's nice and fatty and not dry. The dry pieces were kept on the pork belly and are very chewy. As for the speed over the lunch hour, not the fastest in the world. Took over half an hour for food to arrive after ordering and the restaurant wasn't packed. Stay away if you are trying to eat in under an hour.Special Features:
- THE ABSOLUTE BEST IN EVERYTHING!JillDined on 7/25/2014Thank you to Andrew and the crew that took care of us last night. He outdid himself at every turn. We left it to Andrew to surprise us and trust me, absolutely nothing disappointed. The food was amazing, from the brisket sliders, the calamari, the scallops and last but certainly not least, THE BEST short rib EVER! No one should ever leave Briggs without trying the short rib.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014You have to try the chuck burger it's the best in town!!!! Brunch is great tooo!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!ChatNoirDined on 7/17/2014The lobster poutine will keep your dreams lobster filled for days. Everything we ate was too notch. Wings have an amazing grill flavour to them from the josper oven, calamari strikes a nice balance with the thinly sliced fennel and aioli and is a welcome departure from the usual heavy battered rings with tzatziki.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & service will be back!EatOutVIPDined on 7/17/2014We late our waiter convince us to allow him to choose our food options and it was a great choice. They encourage family style so you can try more dishes on the menu. The mini slider appetizers, gnocchi, and beef rib were to die for and the veggie sides of creamed corn and roasted beets with nuts ANC feta - we're still dreaming of them! Great beverage selection and nice wines with a long list of by the glass options. We'll be back! Already recommended it to several people in 24 hours!Special Features:
- Great food, so so serviceHollaKatDined on 7/16/2014We ate early (5.30) and the servers looked like they'd just arrived for work so initial service (drinks, appis) was slow. But food arrival was timely, the food was great, and there was plenty of it. Even though the restaurant wasn't full, it was noisy, making it hard for our group to talk. But overall good, and I'd go back.Special Features: