8 West Butler Pike
Ambler, PA 19002Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bridgetssteak.com/
- Phone: (267) 465-2000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday 11:30am - 2:30pm,
Dinner: Monday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Pete Sherba
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Bridget's Steakhouse can accommodate private parties of 20 to 70 guests daily for lunch & selected nights for dinner.
- Private Party Contact: Scott C. Dougherty 2674652000x
A word from Bridget's Steakhouse
Bridget's Steakhouse is a spectacular restaurant located in the heart of Ambler Pennsylvania. Bridget’s features only choice cuts of meat & exotic flavors of Pacific Region. Philadelphia Magazine, February 2005, “Buttery chocolate woods & dim candlelight cast a romantic tone across Bridget’s Steakhouse. In the warm dining room, beige linens offset the jungle greens & bougainvillea pinks & earthy browns of the pacific-inspired cuisine.” The menu is influenced by head Chef Pete Sherba. Bridget’s offers an extensive wine list, full service bar, innovative daily specials, & free valet service nightly. Have a taste of the city right here in downtown Ambler. The passionate staff is eager to welcome you with exceptional service and exquisite food! Bridget’s Steakhouse, redefining the dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Bridget's Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Ambler ›
Bridget's Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
112 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (71)special occasion (63)fit for foodies (48)vibrant bar scene (38)romantic (31)good for groups (28)notable wine list (21)hot spot (21)great for lunch (7)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (2)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Delicious food, reasonable price, great atmosphereJbratDined on 11/15/2014I had the ribeye with cheddar mashed potatoes. The food was fantastic and I found it to be a great value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food. Excellent service. See below.SteveDined on 11/14/2014Very good food. Excellent service. Approximately 20% overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with family good not greatK2escottVIPDined on 11/10/2014We had a random day off so had a quick lunch - soup du jour was butternut squash and was delicious - had a hint of maple perhaps and was just wonderful - crab cake BLT was too soggy to even eat - a better fry would've made a big difference. Fries are perfectly done. Tuna appetizer was also very good. Would return but would order more carefully.Special Features:
- Poor Quality Food -- But ExpensiveleoneVIPDined on 11/9/2014We went to Bridget's for my birthday. We made our reservations on open table stating it was a special birthday. When we arrived I asked the hostess if the restaurant does anything special for birthdays and she said "Oh yes we do." I ordered lamp chops 41.00, four very thin chops with hardly any meat on them which were tough to eat and I thank goodness have good teeth. He ordered a steak 36.00 Choice Meat. I asked if their meat was prime or choice. He said it didn't taste great. The vegetables were sparse. I ordered a dessert to share for my birthday and it came out with a candle on it. We were charged for the dessert. I mentioned something to the manager and he said they put a candle on the desert. That's what they do special?
- Ked51490Dined on 11/8/2014I took my boyfriend here for his birthday as a surprise. It was our first time coming here. I ordered filet & he ordered my he NY strip. The food was delicious. We were seated promptly & the valet parking was a plus! We would return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- service was weakOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Dinner was served without clearing salad plates and waiter reached across my plate 3 times. My steak was undercooked but was perfect after I sent it back. My dining companions enjoyed their meal. My dessert was great.zSpecial Features:
- Always a great mealPete321VIPDined on 11/7/2014Service and food is always great. This is one of our favorite restaurants, and one we most often frequent. Bar scene is fun as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinner!DiamondgirlDined on 11/6/2014Our food and service were wonderful. We never felt rushed even after the restaurant became busier. It is obvious that great care is given to presentation and unique and fresh menu options.Special Features:
- Love It!WilmaDined on 11/5/2014This restaurant is a real gem! The food is outstanding and current. They serve full dinners as well as delicious small plates. While parking can be difficult in Ambler, Bridget's offers valet parking. The service is first rate. Try it, you won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in a small townDaveRM1Dined on 11/3/2014Bridget's Steakhouse was a great find! I was late, and having valet parking saved me time. My friend and I started at the bar for drinks. The bartenders were handing out free samples of food. Flatbreads and chicken. Very nice. Had the duck special for dinner. Skin was crispy and the glaze light. Really enjoyed this meal. A good selection of wines by the glass too. Go early, get a table in the main dining room which is quieter. Other dining areas more conducive to groups. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/30/2014We often head to Bridget's with friends or with our teenage boys to celebrate. Love the food, especially the Filet. My sons love the burgers and my husband loves the ages new strip. Love it allZSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014I go atleast once a month and get the rib eye every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for sixTheresa6Dined on 10/18/2014We had an excellent experience at Bridget's. There were six and we each ordered something different; everyone raved about their meal. We enjoyed appetizers, dinner and dessert and each was perfect. The service was outstanding; attentive without being overbearing. I highly recommend Bridget's!Special Features:
- GREAT DINNER!celesteDined on 10/14/2014Nice $30 early bird deal! Awesome Salmon and Bronzino entrees. Also very delicious flat bread appetizer special with shrimp and basil, etc. Loved it all, even the seasonal bread pudding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant DinnerFrankyDukesDined on 10/12/2014Experienced a pleasant dinner with my girlfriend on a Sunday night. You can bring your own bottle of wine on Sundays which is a nice little bonus. Or server was pleasant and attentive. I got my girlfriend to try scallops for the first time as it was one of the appetizers being featured for the evening. It was very good and included seared scallops, chorizo, peppers, arugula and a broth. We also both ordered one if the featured entrees which was an aged. NY strip steak with a garlic and shallot butter. Absolutely delicious and both cooked to the correct temperature. The ambience was nice and it was quiet night as there were some empty tables available. I would definitely return for another dinner or happy hour.Special Features:
- Another great nightdfc9258VIPDined on 10/8/2014I took my mom here for a night out and we had a great time. Everyone was very nice and accommodating and our server was great and attentive. We had the Buffalo chicken flatbread appetizer and it was spice and delicious. The steak special was excellent as was the scallops. Crème brulee was perfect and the wine selection is one of the best in Ambler.Special Features:
- Great FoodLULUDined on 10/4/2014Cocktail menu was fabulous. Wanted to work our way through the drinks! The grilled flatbed pizza was delicious. Would go back for the spinach and arugula salad daily. It was awesome. The chicken and vegetables were great and portion size was perfect. Had enough to eat and enough to take home. Had to save room for the banana fosters. Can't leave Bridget's without having that fabulous dessert. Overall, had a great time and food was perfectSpecial Features:
- Very good restaurant!wozinatorVIPDined on 10/4/2014The food was excellent and the service by our server Lewis was very professional. He was very personable and helpful with the menu selections and the specialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- babsDined on 10/2/2014A great dinner for our special occasion. My only negative was that the restaurant (main room, I believe) was too loud.Special Features:
- It was terrific!!BrewshackDined on 9/29/2014I was taking my sister to dinner to celebrate her birthday. Everything was great! From the restaurant itself, to the server, to the outstanding meal! I had filet mignon and my sister had salmon. Both were cooked perfectly! And dessert......I had bananas foster and she had banana cheesecake. Yummy!!! We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!SueZDined on 9/27/2014As "empty nesters" always looking for new places to dine, we decided to take our parents and granddaughter to this one. Food was very good, decor comfortable and inviting, service excellent. A bit pricey, but worth it! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!GjhughesDined on 9/19/2014Our anniversary dinner at Bridget's was just as perfect as we hoped for. Beautiful atmosphere- like a big city steak house, but friendlier. The crab cake appetizer was fresh and beautifully presented, as was the lobster risotto. We chose the Butcher Block dinner for two for the entree. The halves of lobster stuffed with crab were tender and easy to remove from the shell. (We took the remaining shells and claws home to have the next day!) the 10 ounce filet was cooked perfectly wth a sauce that was amazing! There was a crock of gigantic shrimp and diver scallops scampi- again- exceptional. Cheddar chipotle mashed potatoes were to die for! The mango cheesecake dessert was unbelievable! The entire staff was warm and genuine, yet professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just a bit below expectationsLarrykDined on 9/15/2014One of our favorite restaurants fell just short of expectations. Beautiful restaurant with terrific ambience. Had to look for parking attendant and had to go inside to ask manager where he was. and then arrived. Excellent $30 fixed price menu with top items and good flavor. My NY strip was a bit tough and chewy but had good flavor. Two others had the NY strip and had no problem. The waiter was slow and had to ask for a couple of things more than once. My daughter ordered a glass of wine and had to send it back because it had turned, It was taken back and replaced. We will still return and still love the place. We will chalk it up to a Monday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2014Good quality steaks. Demi glace tasted non-homemade and somewhat over powering. Nice service and decor.Special Features:
- Good pLace but pricy.DMSHDined on 9/13/2014Love the food, nice place, good service!! Great drinks, atmosphere is pretty good, and it is easy to park with free valet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALWAYS THE BESTOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/13/2014HAVE EATEN HERE 4-5 TIMES PAST COUPLE YEARS AND FOOD ALWAYS GREAT. MY WIFE AND I FEEL BEST RESTAURANT IN THIS PART OF MONTGOMERY COUNTY. ALSO SOMEWHAT PRICIER BUT THIS TIME WE GOT EARLY BIRD SPECIAL FOR SOMETHING LIKE $ 35 DOLLARS PER PERSON AND WAS PLENTY OF FOOD AND AS USUAL, VERY TASTY. I STRONGLY RECOMMEND BRIDGETS WHEN YOU WANT HIGH PROBABILITY OF GETTING GREAT MEAL.Special Features:
- Dined for special occasionamg5079Dined on 9/12/2014After eating at Bridget's we've decided we need more special occasions! All the food was delicious (gnocchi, lobster risotto, rib-eye steak, apple pie) and our server was attentive but not overbearing. We can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoudKeatgsr07Dined on 9/12/2014Food was great, service was good, noise level was too loud for a steakhouse dinner. I'm sure that's because we were seated in the front area, closest to the bar, but it was loud to the point of not being able to carry on normal conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceBethDined on 9/11/2014We attended Bridget's to celebrate our daughter's birthday. Everyone's dinner was outstanding! The filets, hamburger and Chilean Sea Bass and Tuna all cooked to perfection. Our waiter was very professional and personable. We had a wonderful evening and plan to return for next family celebration.Special Features:
- ginOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/10/2014The noise level in the outside room was unbearable. It was too loud to really converse with our dinner guests. Why not add some baffles to the ceiling to aid in lessening the roar.I would recommend this to a friend.
- XXXXXXXXXXXVIPDined on 8/30/2014HAVE DINED HERE MANY TIMES ALWAYS ENJOYABLE FRIENDLY SERVICESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service. Very noisy.JudyDined on 8/23/2014I have read many reviews on this restaurant. The only bad thing is it was very noisy. If they would just enclose the bar from the restaurant - it would cut down on the noise level. Otherwise food and service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatJamieVIPDined on 8/22/2014This is our favorite place, hands down. The food is consistently great and the waitstaff is pleasant. Never a bad meal.Special Features:
- Great restaurantFoodiemomDined on 8/22/2014Cute place. Food was very good. My steak came out wrong but the restaurant was very accommodating and was cooked perfectly the second time. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DodieVIPDined on 8/20/2014Terrific night at Bridget's. All four of us loved our meals...Chilean sea bass, short ribs, salmon all delicious. Our french waiter, Bernard, was charming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bridget's SteakhouseBaiaDined on 8/9/2014While the food was delicious they insisted on opening the windows thus allowing flies and CO2 in. I spent, what would have been an otherwise enjoyable dinner experience with family, being annoyed. I would only recommend this restaurant if you call ahead and ensure the windows were closed!
- Good but extremely noisyTbearDined on 8/1/2014We were looking forward to sitting down with friends to catch up with a good dinner. However it was way too loud to hear them. Food was good but not for the price. For an $11 salad it should have had lots of toppings, but it was mainly salad greens with a Tbls of toppings and minimal dressing. Calamari was chewy but did have good flavor. Would try the place again but not for an initimate dinner since it too loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, relaxed atmosphereDolson13Dined on 7/31/2014Enjoyed a delicious dinner at Bridget's. Great chicken corn chowder, Caesar salad, steak special and crab cake. Definitely recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/29/2014Would have given it 5 stars but one of my longtime favorite appetizers,the lobster risostto, has changed over the past few years - it now has a tomoto based (orange color) flavor which "ruined" the original recipe. But when I told the server how disappointed I was in it she swapped it for another favorite, the crab cake, which was delicious. I love the atmosphere on the side of the restaurant - had the windows open to the street on a pleasant summer night. The staff is always pleasant and seem to enjoy their jobs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TimboJonesDined on 7/27/2014Not a single complaint. This place is the tops. Bonus of BYOB on Sundays also.Special Features: