Bridgetown Mill House
760 Langhorne-Newtown Road
Langhorne, PA 19047Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $31 to $50
Bridgetown Mill House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bridgetownmillhouse.com/
- Phone: 2157528996x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: starting at 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Bridgetown Mill House can accommodate private affairs from 10 to 250 guests. For affairs over 100 guests we offer an Outdoor Tent Wedding. Please call for details.
- Special Events: We are the perfect venue for weddings, showers, rehearsal dinners and business meetings. We have 2 private dining rooms that can each accommodate 24-50 guests and we accommodate outdoor tented affairs from 100 to 250 guests.
A word from Bridgetown Mill House
Enjoy outstanding New American Continental cuisine while dining at this charming historic Bucks County Inn (c1791). The Bridgetown Mill House offers 2 dining rooms seating up to 75 guests & 2 private rooms, the Great Hall, seating up to 30 guests and the Main Dining Room seating up to 50 guests. In addition to regular seasonal menus, a Tapas menu is offered on the outdoor brick patio seasonally. Zagat Survey rated Excellent 2003 thru present.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bridgetown Mill House reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelQuiet
romantic (10)great for outdoor dining (10)special occasion (8)scenic view (8)neighborhood gem (4)fit for foodies (3)good for groups (3)notable wine list (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014Lovely ambiance. Good solid food. Mildly spiced with mild sauces.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favoritesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/22/2014We've been here a few times now and love it every time. The service is always excellent and the food is always great. They have a beautiful fire place in the winter and probably the nicest outdoor dining in the area during the warmer months. We will def be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor dining at its best!SteakLoversVIPDined on 8/16/2014We sat outside on the patio on the best night of the summer. Absolutely gorgeous weather along with absolutely amazing food. My husband got the filet mignon and said it was one of the best he's ever tasted. I am gluten free and the waitress did all she could to accommodate me. She was happy to discuss it with the chef to make sure I wasn't getting anything with wheat in it. They also had the most amazing gluten free chocolate cake, it was rich and delicious and not too sweet. The outdoor patio is so beautiful with a nice outdoor bar too. We enjoyed our experience so much we are going to make reservations for this weekend too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TwitchyDined on 8/16/2014We had wonderful a evening. The service, food and ambience were terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bridgetown Mill HouseSusanDined on 8/16/2014We love to eat at the Bridgetown Mill House. Nancy, the server, makes it fun, the food is delicious, and you can't beat the ambiance. Old, charming, in the country. It's a beautiful spot.Special Features:
- Still very goodMommomJDined on 8/5/2014Ambience and service lovely. Went on a quiet Tuesday evening but this place has always been a favorite even when crowded. Good menu choices including a 3 course-for-$30. We chose appetizers of potato-leek crab soup, a bit grainy but flavorful; dining companions had beef carpaccio which was SUPERB! My Ahi Tuna with hoisin glaze entree was fair-not over cooked but fish wasn't as tender as expected. Everyone else had bouillabaisse which they raved about. We all shared a sensational Bread pudding/caramel sauce dessert. Our very attentive and friendly server complemented a dinner enjoyed by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharmingyummytummyDined on 7/31/2014Charming hide-away spot for comfortable dining with great friendly serviceSpecial Features:
- OK - but expected moreCoupleNSTADined on 7/30/2014Looking at the past ratings, we had high hopes making the reservation. At the end, food was OK (Pasta of the Day was mediocre and Pork Chop was solid). Service was nice but not up to speed. Ambience is nice - especially on the patio. Wine selection - especially by the glass - was rather disappointing. Would we go there? Yes, but with different expectations.Special Features:
- Fabulous all aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/10/2014We had an outstanding dinner -- the menu was impressive and the food even better. Everything was perfectly prepared and presented with care. We sat outside on a lovely summer evening and the wait staff was friendly and knowledgeable but not overly intrusive. The setting is simply gorgeous and you can tell everyone at the Bridgetown Mill House cares about creating an excellent experience for customers. I would recommend highly, and will visit again, often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 204 reviews are from the Bridgetown Mill House reviews archive.
- Great Dining ExperiencebobzDined on 5/29/2014Our served added to our dining experience. She added information about the entrees and had light talk with our group of 6. The food again was excellent.Special Features:
- Why did we wait so long?Woofus25Dined on 5/15/2014We heard about Bridgetown Mill House years ago, but it took a long time to get us there because it's a bit out of our way. Looking for a new place to go for our 37th anniversary, we thought we try it. We were not disappointed. There were only two tables of diners that night (a weeknight), which added to the intimacy of the beautiful dining room. We were very impressed with the ambience, food, and service. Nancy waited on us and was particularly outgoing, helpful, and attentive. Our only criticism is the wine list, which needs attention by someone who knows wines well. We will certainly recommend this restaurant to others and be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2014Took my wife for Mothers Day and had a great meal with attentive service!!Special Features:
- First time thereandreadianeDined on 5/11/2014My husband and I celebrated our 1st anniversary - we had a great experience. Food was excellent and food was great! We will definitely return!Special Features:
- The Diaz FamilyFourPRsDined on 5/11/2014As a family we've held dinners, Mothers' Day Brunch, as well as a daughter's wedding at the Mill House. Each and every event has been fantastic. The staff, food and venue have been excellent. Family and friends all have commented positively, expressing how much they enjoyed themselves. Kim (owner) and staff are awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- continued excellenceBerylVIPDined on 5/9/2014We took some friends to the Bridgetown Mill House for our first visit there in a long time. They did not disappoint. The food and service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Winderful DinnertombVIPDined on 5/8/2014We enjoyed the summer menu, starting with a salad and then selecting the filet mignon. Terrific service and excellent food.Special Features:
- Wait for the summerOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/15/2014I've been told that during the warmer months there is live music and dining outside. It's highly recommended. However, our dinner was just OK. The Caesar salad was bottled dressing and cold romaine. I make my own Caesar from scratch, so I'm critical and this was not a great Caesar. We also ordered a pork chop which was good. I'm not running back.Special Features:
- Resting in its laurels?WalkerDined on 3/1/2014On the basis of its reputation, I brought a visitor from England (whom I hoped to impress with Bucks County's sophistication) to Bridgetown Mill House for dinner, and we were underwhelmed with our meals -- though ambience and service were both quite satisfactory. There was nothing particularly wrong with the food, but it didn't measure up to the restaurant's pricing level. So, we assumed that at one time this restaurant must have had a spectacular chef, and is still resting on its laurels. That's not uncommon but always a little sad, and we hope Bridgetown Mill House returns to the level of excellence which it must have achieved at some point in the past.Special Features:
- Valentine's DayArtVDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I celebrated our 28th Wedding Anniversary at the Bridgetown Mill House, which is an old stone farmhouse. We arrived a little early, and waited in the lounge where liquor was served, albeit not a full blown bar, but had more than just the basic necessities. We were seated in the rear dining room where there was a large stone fireplace. The staff was friendly and very helpful w/ the menu selections, and the food was excellent - from the jumbo lump crabcake appetizer, main meal and dessert. Upon leaving, the hostess stated that during the summer they had live music and dining outdoors on the rear patio. We will be back for that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine DineladylauriDined on 2/14/2014My husband and I enjoyed Bridgetown Mill House. We started with appetizers I had the escargo crepe which was good but the crab cake my husband had was excellent! The salad course was good but not remarkable. Lobster bisque was nicely balanced rich creamy with nice chunks of lobster. I had the rack of lamb and my husband had duck both were very good and perfectly prepared. The apple cobbler we had for dessert was delicious. The wine list had a good range of options and the service was good. We will be returning in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The staff were friendly andMrJonesandmeDined on 2/14/2014The staff were friendly and efficient. The food was fresh and prepared well with delightful presentation. From the architecture to the dishes, this was a lovely dining experience. We will definitely go back in the summer when outdoor dining is an option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodmimiDined on 2/14/2014This was counted as a top 10 romantic spot in the area.. My husband took me there for Valentine's Day. Firstly, at night, it was so difficult to find the entrance and when you did, the door was locked. Rang bell, no one answered, went around restaurant, no opening, came back, and knocked really hard. Finally let it. Place is nice but not super romantic.. no live music, no candles (until the very end of the evening), no roses for the ladies.. which I have gotten at almost all the nice restaurants I have been to on V day prior, no real ambiance.. Nice place, just did not live up to expectations as top ten romantic place .Food was good, not great. Caesar Salad was so bland, I couldn't finish it. Other food lamb and salmon were fine.
- Anniversary DinnerMaryDDined on 2/1/2014My Husband and I went to BMH for our Anniversary celebration. Out waitress was so caring, the food was fabulous and the was lovely. It a bit noisy because there was a party going on in another room but it did not detract from our dinner. We love the place.Special Features:
- Loved it.bk960Dined on 12/31/2013It was the first time I took my husband as a surprise on New Year's Eve. We both loved it. The place is amazingly warm. Will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceKobe1Dined on 11/29/2013We went for a nice date night. We had the lamb and the filet. Both were very good. I would recommend this restaurant. I want to go in the summer and eat outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's OkOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 11/23/2013We went here for a romantic dinner in the winter. It wasn't crowded so it was really nice to have the place to our self. It's a romantic little room with a fireplace which was very nice. Food was ok, not great, not bad. For the price and the taste of the food, we wouldn't go back but glad at least that we tried it.Special Features:
- Another great eveningBerylVIPDined on 11/22/2013Once again a great dinner with great food and outstanding service. Consistently excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingBarbaraVIPDined on 11/9/2013We stumbled upon Bridgetown Mill House after another great restaurant in the area was extremely croweded. They do not have a bar where you can sit. They brought our drinks to an area with some chairs. The food was overpriced and not very good. My filet mignon was tasteless. My boyfriend had a mahi mahi special with crabmeat that tasted very fishy. I would not go back to this restaurant.
- Nice dinner spotCoripappDined on 11/8/2013This is a great little restaurant that offers some excellent food. The service is good. Food comes out in a reasonable amount of time. The portions are the perfect size and they offer a nice variety of appetizers and entrees. Everything was perfectly cooked and tasted wonderful. Definitely be returning to this spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere and foodIanFDined on 10/30/2013I took my mother there for her birthday and we both enjoyed it. The food portions were good and well prepared. The staff was friendly and helpful. Not cheap, but about what I expected, if maybe a little less. I'll definitely go back.Special Features:
- Always DelightfulpetelabVIPDined on 10/25/2013Made a return visit on a quiet Friday evening, with an impression similar to that on previous visits: an absolutely wonderful spot. Personally, I'm surprised that the place is not more crowded than it has been on all of my visits - but I'm not complaining, as that has made my dinners more pleasant. Why single out any one or two items on the menu? They're all great! Do yourself a favor and find this place - you'll be happy that you did.Special Features:
- We love to go to the BridgetownSusanDined on 10/18/2013We love to go to the Bridgetown Mill House - good food, quiet, lovely service, convenient.Special Features:
- 5 Star Dining On Reasonable BudgetBeachPersonDined on 10/12/2013On October 5, 2013, I hosted a rehearsal dinner for 49 people at this charming restaurant. GOOGLE the name to see their web site. The pictures look exactly like the restaurant. This is a cool inn. They also have an outside bar that our group enjoyed, stocked with all the liquors/wines anyone could want – first class. The portions of food were delicious and plentiful, especially the desserts. The dining room was tastefully illuminated while the glasses, dishes and silverware sparkled. Everything is extra clean and inviting. Inside are several fire places to add a romantic ambiance. So if you’re looking to celebrate an anniversary, or special occasion, choose this lovely Inn. A very quixotic atmosphere. Fresh flowers are on the tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Headed here for a date nightwbd5VIPDined on 10/5/2013Headed here for a date night away from the kids and was just generally underwhelmed. Have driven past here for a long time and always wanted to give it a try. Service staff was courteous and attentive, but they couldn't overcome bland food and a mediocre wine list. Very neat old building has a lot of potential and I may return for the more casual outdoor setting/menu, but at "special occasion" prices, it wasn't worth it to me.
- Great, romantic local spotLukeDined on 10/5/2013I've been here 3 times over the years and its really a nice, quaint place. Food and price seems appropriate for the setting. I was disappointed with my veal chop - tiny piece of meat after stripping away the fat and I generally eat anything - but my date's pork chop was excellent. Service was great. We never felt rushed or wanting for anything during the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ambiance and foodlocalDined on 10/2/2013The restaurant is very pretty, a gorgeous room. Meal was very good and reasonable. Service was very good. I found many people around the neighborhood know of it but have never been there - which is a shame. We were there on a Wednesday, and it was slow, but have been there on busy Saturdays and the service was still very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dimond in the roughFancy1972Dined on 9/21/2013I must have passed his resturant a million times so far and never realized it was there. My husband and I were given a gift certificate so that is how we discovered it. We spent two hours there just dining and relaxing. The food was delicious, the service was great, and the ambiance was romantic. I would certainly recomend this resturant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining ExperiencebobzDined on 8/29/2013This was our first time at BMH. We lived nearby for many years and always passed up dining there. Now we will use BMH for special occasions. It was our 36th Anniversary and we were not disappointed. Thank you all !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We lovedsitting outside overlookingCmtzDined on 8/16/2013We lovedsitting outside overlooking the creek but dinner was a little expensive since ourfood was so so but the setting, live music, and dessert almost made up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good dining experiencejack28Dined on 8/10/2013very good dining experience with a great outdoor dining area in a country like setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.