200 South Street
Philadelphia, PA 19147Neighborhood:
South Street / Queen Village
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bridgetfoys.com/
- Phone: 2159221813
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Saturday & Sunday 9am-11:30am; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Brendan Mullan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
A word from Bridget Foy's
Bridget Foy's Turbo Charged American Cuisine has been delighting Philadelphia for 33 years! Enjoy starters like Korean Duck Tacos, Mushroom Flatbread & Cheese Steak Croquettes. Follow it up with Mains like Bourbon Cider Glazed Pork Chop, Braised Short Ribs, Jerk Chicken, Butternut Squash Risotto & Pan Seared Tilapia. Don't feel like a full meal, then enjoy the more casual bar fare like Philly's best burger, Short Rib Sandwich or The Harvest Goat Cheese Salad. Bridget Foy's features 16 wines by the glass & a selection of 8 local microbrew beers. During pleasant weather, the outdoor cafe is the best people watching spot in town. With small private rooms, Bridget Foy's can play host to your business meetings or Family celebrations. Close by parking & the excitement of Philly's famous South Street make Bridget Foy's a must stop!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Bridget Foy's - Best Restaurants in South Street / Queen Village ›
Bridget Foy's reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (33)neighborhood gem (23)great for brunch (22)great for lunch (17)kid-friendly (13)good for groups (13)fit for foodies (12)late-night find (8)special occasion (7)scenic view (6)hot spot (4)romantic (4)vibrant bar scene (2)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Meow1Dined on 8/17/2014The meat in my dish tasted like it was reheated, not good
- Outdoor dining perfectionSunshineVIPDined on 8/7/2014What a perfect night to dine outside! There was wonderful people watching on South Street, Great food, and fast, friendly service. The Chicken Tortilla soup is one of the best dishes in the city. Don't miss it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome every time!ParkDined on 7/26/2014Every time I eat at Bridget Foy's I'm impressed with quality of both the food and the staff! I've never had a bad meal there and the staff is very knowledgeable of the meals and drink list. Everyone needs to try this little neighborhood gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - gluten free menuOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/21/2014All the years I've living in Philly and I've never been here. It was pretty great all around. They have a gluten free menu that is substantial.Special Features:
- Smoke gets in your eyes, dogs too.ESJTVIPDined on 7/21/2014Smokers on South Sreet and now smokers on the porch will give you a nose full of smoke. Food is really good, and on a really nice summer evening the porch should be good - not really. Staff should attend to these things. The next table on the porch had a small dog yapping away. First trip back here was less than several previous trips. Got to think this one out.Special Features:
- DebbieVIPDined on 7/19/2014Cheesesteak sandwich was good but fries were overdone - hence the good rating for food.Special Features:
- Perfect for our out-of-town groupBaysiderDined on 7/16/2014On a recent overnight from NYC, we found themenu online. The restaurant was a big hit with all in our group of four. Great, friendly, very attentive service. Interesting appetizers, with care given to plating. All enjoyed his/her meal. Would definitely recommend!Special Features:
- Excellent!!ccipDined on 7/12/2014Our dinner and our server (Carolina) was excellent. Food was fresh...tasty and delish!!!!! Highly recommended...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysGoNYRangersDined on 7/10/2014We visit the city from the Jersey Shore a few times a year, and Bridget Foy's is always an 'ole reliable stop. Great food, and it was a nice afternoon so we sat outside, always nice.Special Features:
- Chicken Salad without the chickenDissapointingDishVIPDined on 7/6/2014Ordered the chicken salad. Came in a huge bowl loaded w/greens & a few colorful items $12 After eating a few forkfuls of only greens, realized I never tasted chicken Took entire bowl apart, saw 2 pieces of chicken the size of a dime at the bottom of the bowl Called the waiter over, he ran to the kitchen & got me a little plate of chicken pieces...really tasteless & overcooked. A few weeks ago, under duress, had the salad at McDonalds..half the price, surprisingly, very tasty w/ranch dressing...really underestimated their chicken salad. Not sure I would go back again. Was this an accident, or trying to get one over on the ladies who lunch, that are not part of the young crowd.Special Features:
- Hurray!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014We enjoyed our visit to Bridget Foy's. All seven of us got different items and six of us were pleased with what we got. My brother's caesar salad came unchopped, just a head of lettuce, but we're not sure whether or not it said on the menu that it would come this way. Other than that, a great experience.Special Features:
- Great establishmentdwyc1223Dined on 7/1/2014I loved everything from the drinks to entree. This restaurant definitely is now one of my favs!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good food and service.LouiseNVIPDined on 6/29/2014Great restaurant for when I do not want a high end restaurant. Relaxed and friendly. Service has always been great. People watching on South street is always fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- made a nice Sunday even betterJeanneDined on 6/29/2014Special thanks to a great waitress! Caroline helped make it nice experience! The selection for brunch was really good and hard a hard time picking! The egg white omelette I had was full and flavorful! Definitely will go back to try more on the.menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big group, great serviceTMaddDined on 6/22/2014We had a party of 12, with ages ranging from 4-65. Everyone had a great time and the menu accommodated food options for the kids. We started dining outside, but the kids quickly became restless. We asked if it was possible to move our party inside and the staff gladly made this request happen. Overall, wonderful experience on a Sunday, during brunch hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a sure thingSunshineVIPDined on 6/16/2014This is one of my favorite neighborhood restaurants. They're always changing the menu, which is great, until they get rid of one of my favorites. This evening I had two new favorites, The chicken & tortilla soup appetizer and the mushroom enchilada. The soup is to die for. I could eat it every day, the enchilada was very decadent and rich. Served in a cast iron skillet, it's oozing with cheeses and loaded with shiitake mushrooms and other wonderful surprises. Very filling and delicious. As always the service was wonderful and there's great people watching from the outdoor seats on their very large, new orleans style veranda.Special Features:
- Must Try!!jndserDined on 6/15/2014We went for lunch 3 weeks ago because our son lives in South Philly and picked it. My husband enjoyed it so much he wanted to go back for Father's Day. The ceasar sald with steak was delicious! My husband loved the burger and desserts are to die for! A must try!!!Special Features:
- Foodie3Dined on 6/15/2014The food was good. The ambience was nice. Outdoor seating great. Now for the bad... The service was extremely slow. The food came out in a fair amount of time but it was rare to see our waiter after that. We ate our whole meal without being checked on, (wanted to ask for salt and pepper but couldn't get attention) and then waited around for another 20 minutes before seeing him to ask for coffee....then another 30 minutes to get the check.Special Features:
- Go to happy place -foodieVIPDined on 5/16/2014Flawless service, food and drink and banter with Bernadette! Thanks for a great Birthday Dinner Celebration!~Special Features:
- yum!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014we could not decide on a meal so we ordered all appetizers and It was amazing. Also the services is friendly helpful and attentive. Nothing beats great service and the decor was also very nice. I have been recommending this place to everyone who love to try new places in the citySpecial Features:
- EnjoyableOut2eatDined on 5/11/2014Recently had brunch and everything was exceptional, from the hostess who greeted and seated us to our server! We all thoroughly enjoyed our choices for brunch. I will definitely return! Great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good overallOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2014I was with a group of 5 for Mother's Day brunch. Our waiter was very nice but service was kind of slow. It didn't seem insanely busy (although I had no idea what was happening upstairs), so it was just kind of weird that it was slow. That being said, everyone really enjoyed their food and I'd go back again to see if this service experience was just a fluke.Special Features:
- The following 612 reviews are from the Bridget Foy's reviews archive.
- Glad we found itCrazysnownightDined on 4/28/2014Not only is this restaurant close to TLA but the food is very good. Glad we found it for some good food before the show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- steveoDined on 4/26/2014The entire staff seems to care and wants to get it right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eclectic Gem in PhiliBridgettVIPDined on 4/25/2014Awesome restaurant with something for everyone! Pretty big space for the area, eclectic from the walls to the dessert menu to the artwork you definitely won't be bored! The food is amazing- we sampled a lot- crabbie fries, flatbread, linguine, steak and apple pie- all out of this world! Definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative food and sitting outsideFoodfanaticDined on 4/25/2014Had a great time at Bridget Foy's at an early dinner with a friend. We sat outside and because the restaurant is on South Street, it can get a little noisy, but we didn't mind and it was actually really fun to see the activity and passersby. I really love the creative and fun food. If I could, I would have ordered one of everything just to try it. We had some great food, great drinks, and a wonderful, attentive waitress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter DinnerEileenDined on 4/20/2014Our visit to Bridget Foy's on Easter Sunday was perfect. The food was excellent, the staff was friendly and efficient. I liked the "pace" of the restaurant. Especially on holidays I usually feel like there is a lot of pressure on the workers to hurry and get people served, give them the bill, and out the door so that another party can be seated. I usually get the feeling that the most important thing is to shove people in and out to make as much money as possible. I did not get that feeling at Bridget Foy's at all. It was relaxing, quiet and I did not feel rushed. Thank you!!Special Features:
- Easter BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/20/2014Great food and service plus the best seats for the Easter festivities on South Street. Also a great stop before seeing a concert at the TLA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My birthday lunchPoggy451Dined on 4/3/2014I received an email offering a discount if I had my birthday lunch at Bridget Foy's. We took advantage of the offer an enjoyed a pleasant time with good food & drinks. Our waitress was attentive & responsive. We were also surprised by the hospitality of the owner, Bridget who shared a few minutes of her busy day. We were quite pleased with everything that day & will be back soon.Special Features:
- Great service.fitForFoodieDined on 3/22/2014The service was awesome, out waitress was very attentive and pleasant. Our food was prepared as requested and served timely. I would recommend this restaurant for foodies and those looking to enjoy outside dining in nan energetic environment ( restaurant sits along South Street). Parking may be a challenge but usually the later you done, the easier street parking becomes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistantly Great!foodieVIPDined on 3/20/2014We celebrated a Birthday and had a great meal with great service. This is our "Go To Favorite"! In a city with many choses; quality, service and friendly owners and staff keep us coming back! Thanks for another great night!Special Features:
- LunchFoodluvrDined on 3/20/2014My friend and I went for lunch. It was not that busy and our server let us know he was new. You would not have known he was knew by how good he did. The food came out fast and hot. My friend had the chicken tortilla soup to start where as I had the beef barley. Both were delicious. Than she had honey chipotle wings and I have the cheesteak croquettes. Both of those were wonderful and flavorful. Than we had dessert. They brought out a little camera that you look into to see what the desserts look like. We decided to share the s'mores. It was a perfect size and hit the spot, so delectable. I would recommend this place to anyone. Its fun, the food is delicious, the service is great. I will be going back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for Lunch!Poggy451Dined on 3/10/2014The food was very good. The service was excellent. The ambience was friendly. Overall, it was a very good lunch experience.Special Features:
- Great stand-by +MomtofiveDined on 3/8/2014I hesitate to call it a stand-by because that makes it sound a little worn. Bridget Foy's is a great place and yet it always fits the bill. It is a guaranteed good meal. The service is good; the food is tasty and warm and interesting. The ambience is warm and energetic, but one never has to shout to be heard. Frankly, I'm not sure how they do it so well all the time. It is just a fun and rewarding place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well Crafted Philadelphia AnchorfoodieVIPDined on 3/5/2014Comfort to gourmet food, drinks and fun in a playful friendly family atmosphere. All are welcome to enjoy, relax and have fun. Bernadette might even comment on her artwork! This is a go to favorite for all!Special Features:
- Great food, great ambiance2bear4dinnerDined on 3/4/2014Bridget Foy's is a neighborhood restaurant that has been in the same location for quite a while. Bar is always crowded, mainly with locals. The owners are usually around and are always friendly making the place homey and inviting. We have visited the restaurant often. From early mornings on weekends for brunch to special days like New Year's eve, Valentine's and Mardi Gras. Food has been consistently good and prices reasonable. Seating has not been ever a problem, but reservations are recommended, especially during Holidays. On New Year's eve the place was mobbed but the crowd was pleasant, the place was performing smoothly, and our reservation was honored on time. Try the meatloaf, the mac and cheese (for real!), and all desserts!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fat TuesdayphillydinerDined on 3/4/2014My friend and I went in for the Fat Tuesday specials. I'd never been there before. I wouldn't say anything was fantastic, but it was good. The $5 Hurricanes on special weren't very strong, but were ok for $5. And the food is basic American bar food. If a friend was going out in that area and wanted something decent but inexpensive, I'd recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent meallindaDined on 3/1/2014We went to Bridget Foys for a night out with good friends and were delighted with the food from appetizers to dessert. The mac and cheese fritters and mushroom flatbread were excellent and came out quickly, fresh and hot. Our dinners were also excellent - lamb shanks with mushroom risotto was out of this world good as was the lobster ravioli, and the beef short rib tacos. The desserts were also good, but not to the level of the dinners. All in all, fantastic meal and definitely planning on going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good placejerryDined on 2/16/2014we went on a Sunday night, place was packed. The bartender/server was very attentive even though the bar and tables he served were full. They could have used another server. The sandwiches were very good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, good foodDGSVeronaDined on 2/15/2014Excellent staff and fast service. The lamb entree was delicious. Salmon was OK. Overall a pleasant dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.