1696 Duranleau Street
Vancouver, BC V6H 3R9Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bridgesrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6046874400
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday thru Saturday from 5:30 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Shane McNeil
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The dining room comfortably seats 150 for a plated meal, or 200 for a cocktail reception. Bigger thoughts, include the main floor rooms for a full-on party of 750!
- Private Party Contact: Susan Sharun 6046877351
- Special Events: Open and offering special service on all public holidays, Valentine's and Mothers' Day. Open for Brunch Mothers' Day. Closed for business on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
- Cross Street: Johnston
- Public Transit: Public Transit Bus # 50 connects to the entrance on the island. Another option is via the Granville Island Ferries which crosses a short stretch of water and drops passengers who have chosen to walk from the city centre twenty yards from the restaurant entrance.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Free surface parking is available on the streets of Granville Island, right at the restaurant's front door.
A word from Bridges
Bridges has a stunning location, overlooking the fishing boats in False Creek and the mountains of the North Shore. The dining room features a vaulted ceiling highlighting the original beams and trusses of this 1920's building, with floor to ceiling windows capturing every part of the view. In a casually elegant atmosphere, the chef presents a menu designed to be shared, featuring fresh seafood, rich meats and local produce. During the summer, the dining room's outdoor terrace offers a unique opportunity for white-linen service on the waterfront.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Bridges - Best Restaurants in Granville Island ›
Bridges reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (53)great for outdoor dining (42)special occasion (36)romantic (29)good for groups (17)fit for foodies (13)great for brunch (10)great for lunch (10)neighborhood gem (9)hot spot (8)notable wine list (7)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- Outstanding view for summer eveningTejoiDined on 8/22/2014Very good food, not always prepared with complete care. Some items are outstanding, prawn cakes, watermelon salad, risotto were all special. Halibut arrived lukewarm, veggies and potatoes with chicken a little tired. Fantastic gelato! Still I'd go back in a minute but the beer, wine and spirits list are disappointing. And my requests to the manager to improve it were met with polite disinterest. Too bad, small adjustments could make the whole experience as outstanding as the view on a summer evening. David, was a lovely server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/20/2014We had a lovely time. It was my daughter's birthday. unfortunately we found two hairs in the food. I am a bit picky. It didn't stop my appetite. The personnel was very apologetic. The other five people of our party did not seem to be bothered and overall we had a good time.Special Features:
- Fabulous food, service and settingSBellDined on 8/17/2014We had a great evening at Bridges. While the ambiance lends itself to formal-ness, we were very comfortable and welcome in our casual attire (after a day of exploring Granville Island). The service was friendly but not overbearing, and the food was fantastic. We sat outside and enjoyed a beautiful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleasant diningmerrydinerDined on 8/12/2014had a great time with friends, nice chatting place and beautiful scenery plus delicious food, would love to go again... also, was interesting seeing a proposal complete with flower bouquet & kneeling at another table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BigmoeDined on 8/8/2014Good food in an amazing setting. Great experience.Special Features:
- Great food, not a nice waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014While the food was fabulous, our waitress was a smiling for the outside, she rude and unpleasant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/7/2014Had a great view of the harbor and fun location on the island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie3Dined on 8/1/2014Food is a little over priced for the amount that you get. Definitely can't get full off of one meal. Great service and ambianceSpecial Features:
- BrilliantKazzaDined on 7/27/2014We choose to eat here on our last night in Vancouver as we have been on holiday here, plus my cousin got married over the weekend. My auntie had suggested bridges as she had eat there before and said it was nice. There was 5 of us out for dinner we sat upstairs and our table over looked the bridge and harbour what a stunning view it was. Our waiter was David Solman I think his name was. Well I give him 100% for customer service this guy knows how to treat his guests. He suggested what to eat and wine and kept us laughing at all times. We all enjoyed the food i couldn't say a bad word about it, so hats off to the chef. Overall a very good first experience would highly recommend eating here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunset dinner in VancouvercroutoneDined on 7/25/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary at this place and Bridges' maitre d' went out of his way to make our dinner a memorable event: we were seated at a table on the terrace with a beautiful view on the river; the waitress was very helpful and friendly. My scallops and prawns fettuccine and my wife's salmon were outstanding. Our waitress told us that the dessert was on the house (apparently it's a tradition at this restaurant for couples celebrating their anniversaries) and then maitre d' sent us a couple of glasses of local ice wine that was very delicious. Overall it was one of highlights of our trip to Vancouver. I highly recommend this place for a dinner.Special Features:
- Disappointed Paella @ Upper diningCocoDined on 7/13/2014We ordered octopus and bc mussels for starters to share, it was ok. Main course were scallop prawn fettuccini & paella. Seafood were fresh but somehow tasteless, especially prawn, mussels. Paella was not authentic, why would a high end restaurant deliver such a dish? I ordered banana split that was not on upper dining menu. The server was quite reluctant to check if they can do it. She didn't come back to tell us she had ordered and just brought the dessert to us. I had good times at the bistro & bar few weeks ago and expect upper dining will deliver even way beyond expectation. I would stick with bistro & bar.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014We were very disappointed with the Scallop & Prawn Fedicini. Two of us had this dish. Our guest left half of it. It was dry and tasteless. All previous visits have been excellent but not this important occasion.
- Out with guestsValleyvisitor1Dined on 7/4/2014We had a terrific evening entertaining our gusset from my Montreal here, mad especially memorable by our witty and attentive waiter . I think his name was David Solomon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty Food and peaceful viewVivaciousVivianDined on 7/4/2014We enjoyed a delicious meal and the service was great. Our favorite waiter was on hand and as always provided informative information about the menu. The only disappointment was the wine we ordered was unavailable and the second choice had limited stock. The restaurant was quiet and peaceful and along with the view the whole experience was relaxing and refreshing. We sat at the window and watched the boats go by and could see the boats in the marina. The Ferry dock is there as well and people came and went. Bridges is our favorite Granville Island restaurant.Special Features:
- Great waterfront diningKnoxvilleGuyVIPDined on 6/26/2014This was our first time at Bridges, as we were visiting Vancouver. We arrived and our table was ready, with a great view of the water and, yes, bridges. The waiter was great and engaging, very knowledgeable about the food and drinks, plus a pleasure to chat with. We had cocktails to start which were superb. We started with oysters and a lovely salad, followed by a main of some great halibut. Then we ended with dessert of cheesecake. That was all accompanied by some BC white wine. It was all nicely plated, good temperature, and very tasty. We would highly recommend this to anyone dining on Granville Island!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was horribleAbe012VIPDined on 6/8/2014we ordered the oysters and grilled octopus for our appies and the octopus was way over cooked resulting in a very dry and rubbery texture. The halibut entree was pre-made and plated. It got reheated in the microwave or even before being brought to the table because the friend onions were soggy and the sauce on the plate looked dried up.It was also very salty. The paella was under-cooked and was very bland.
- Vancouver dining at its best!IslandsConsultantDined on 6/4/2014Great food, exceptional service, and the incomparable ambiance of the marina on a sunny, warm evening... it really does not get any better than this!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful timeromancedinerDined on 5/30/2014We had a lovely day on Granville Island. It was my husband's 61st birthday - we travelled in from Hope & were staying overnight at the Granville Island Hotel. So we had a nice lunch at Bridges in the lower restaurant with a great Chardonnay, & then dinner which we had reserved in the upper dining area. The food was superb, service was great, friendly & attentive staff. Great views. It was a lovely way to celebrate the occasion, my husband was duly impressed.Special Features:
- A pleasant SurprisethatSTEVEDined on 5/21/2014Having lived in Vancouve rfor most of my life, I have taken out of town guests to Bridges on lots of occasions. However, they dropped off my radar over the last few years. I was worried that the food would be the typical so-so food in a restaurant with a view, often seen as catering to visitors. The food was excellent. Having just returned from a week in Paris, Bridges held up very very well. Excellent Steak, terrific salad and great desert. With the right amount of attention from our service staff. Well done. SteveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome post-grad DinnerShughsieDined on 5/19/2014Came here with my partner and son after his graduation weekend. I have eaten here a few times before when in town from Calgary but it was a truly perfect evening. Thank youSpecial Features:
- Very cooperative and lovely!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/17/2014Had a wonderful night. Quiet, romantic, & they fully met my special requests with more than expected service.Special Features:
- Best Vancouver ExperienceGandolfDined on 5/15/2014This restaurant is one of Vancouver's best as it highlights ALL that is wonderful about this city - great food, great service and a wonderful view AND it includes outside dinning when the weather cooperates! Great for those of us that have the good fortune to live here and wonderful for tourists.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bridges on Mother's DayvancouverdinerDined on 5/11/2014Seafood was excellent. Bread was especially delicious. Willing to make small changes for custom orders. Sparkling wine by the glass was some of the best we have had in the city. We were in the dining room upstairs which is moderately expensive but special, and of course the views were marvellous. Much better than we expected (given the view and location)!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A disappointment on a special dayyvrfoodieDined on 5/11/2014Booked a table for Mother's Day (May 11) Brunch almost a month in advance. We arrived right on time for our reservation and there were many tables available but we still had to wait a while before we were seated. The view was amazing as it was nice and sunny that day. We were shocked that the menu was fixed for "Mother's Day Special" but this was not communicated to us beforehand. We did not expect a $38 set menu as the reason we booked with Bridges in the first place was because my mum loves their regular menu, so she was quite disappointed with this. Would have been nice if Open Table/Bridges made us aware of this set menu price as we probably would have decided to book somewhere else.Special Features:
- Mother's Day brunch disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/11/2014I was excited to book a reservation for Mother's Day brunch at Bridges. As it was somewhat costly ($38 per person) I expected great service and great food, along with the scenic view. Unfortunately it was a miss on service and food - the food came out barely warm and wasn't high quality. I didn't send it back as the table next to us had attempted to send one of their meals back and seemed to be having a hard time with it. The service was slow and at times quite inattentive and forced. The view was spectacular though and the restaurant had a pleasant ambiance. Overall, I was disappointed as I had been looking forward to treating my mom to a lovely brunch. Next time I'll book ahead somewhere else.Special Features:
- The following 395 reviews are from the Bridges reviews archive.
- Excellent dinner, stunning viewSJWDVIPDined on 5/2/2014My husband and I had a wonderful dinner with absolutely stellar service. We were a bit early at 6 pm as we were going to a show at the Granville Island Stage. For half the meal, we were the only diners on the large patio. So surprising! We're not really bread eaters, but the complimentary focaccia was so delicious, we had seconds. My husband's sablefish was fantastic. I had the paella which was good but I wouldn't order it again. The patio and view cannot be beat - and you certainly don't have to fight the crowds downstairs.Special Features:
- It worked well for usMadeitoutawhiterockDined on 4/29/2014We came from White Rock, marine dr and one of us had only an hour for dinner as they were working for one the theatre groups. The sun was shining very brightly, it was almost too bright. Meals were presented and consumed, and then we headed back to work, to other meetings and we went to the Arts Club. A very enjoyable evening, thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food with a viewOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/9/2014We went as a group of 10 for a batchelorette party. Great setting for a restaurant. Staff were lovely and very accommodating to us. Food was very good, and great value for moneySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food portions lackingMikeDined on 4/4/2014Having dined at several restaurants over several nights, Bridges was second only to Cin Cin in food quality. However compared to the aforementioned restaurant the portion sizes were lacking greatly. The food was excellent, however given the proximity I would visit the other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014We celebrated my wife's 30th birthday there with a very perfect meal. I was there before about twenty years ago when I was in high school with my schools music group, and I vowed to go back there when I was old enough to truly enjoy the fine dining experience. It was great! We will be back. Hopefully soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, poor serviceafm62Dined on 3/15/2014Delicious food, lovely setting but very poor service. The server seemed very unsure and uncomfortable, took away several people's glasses and/or dishes without asking if we were finished and generally did not seem to be remotely communicative, a complete opposite to the server we had prior to the meal at the bar downstairs. A lovely spot and I will be back and will hope for better service next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Shrimp CakesVancouverDined on 3/15/2014The shrimp cakes were very tasty and had large chunks of shrimp in themSpecial Features:
- Beautiful view, overpriced foodGaiskidDined on 3/14/2014We used a travelzoo voucher and still felt the menu was totally overpriced for what you received. Entrees consisted of meat / fish only and vegetables had to be ordered separate. I had ordered the sablefish which was about $18 and that is exactly what I received, a small 3x4" piece of mushy whitefish. I had to order fries on the side for an additional $10! My friend ordered scallops as an appetizer and received two very small scallops for $17. I guess you are really just paying for the beautiful view because the food certainly was nothing to rave about. I would not go back there again.Special Features:
- Amazing serviceMissVancouverPiggyVIPDined on 3/5/2014Our server Jason was extremely attentive, friendly as well as genuine. We came here with a TravelZoo voucher and ordered a few items. Butternut squash & lobster bisque; sweet as well as creamy with a lobster flavour. Seared scallops; perfect crispiness on the exterior and tastes buttery as well as moist. Mussels; although a bit small because not in season, taste plump with the light refreshing potato, paprika, parsley & butter broth. Rack of lamb; medium rare as requested, juice and tender. Paella; rice has a light pasta seafood taste, however, does taste slightly more tomatoey. Bridges cheesecake; creamy and not overly sweet, however, the crust was too moist.Special Features:
- So many other choices...LucyVIPDined on 2/25/2014Maybe we hit it on an off night, but we were all a little disappointed by the limited menu and the food. Shrimp cake appetizer, lobster, flat iron steak and tuna were all samples by our party, but the quality of food didn't warrant the prices. Not this it was terrible, just we have had better. Menu is a la carte (which is what it is - ordered two sides - mushrooms and pomme frittes) so with drinks and tip our bill was over $300 (including desserts which though were really delish). Plus we were overcharged for wine - instead of two glasses we were charged for one and a carafe. So many other choices in Vancouver - that other than the view and location, this restaurant needs to step it up a notch to be competitive.Special Features:
- Waste of a beautiful spacePaulDined on 2/22/2014Bad service, nice looking but badly cooked food, great view, overall not worth returning for.Special Features:
- Good Experience!CoreyDined on 2/22/2014Although I should have listened to our excellent waiter and ordered the tuna, because the sturgeon I ordered turned out to be kind of mediocre, everything else, including the appetizers, my wife's main course, and the dessert, was delicious. Another thing I liked was the ambiance. There were a couple of large groups that night, but the restaurant still seemed quiet and intimate, although I'm not sure if that would still be the case in the summer when the patio opens up. All in all though, if you're interested in a romantic dinner on a cold, wet Vancouver evening, this would be a good choice. Plus, you get 15% off of your food bill if you're going to a performance at the nearby playhouse after dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Good but Value Not ThereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/22/2014Although the food was good, I was not impressed that all the entrees came with no vegetables or grains. These had to be purchased separately which meant more cost to order sides for the table. Also this made the side dishes cold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservation disasterWeebrideDined on 2/21/2014I made a reservation over a month in advance for a special occasion ... Called twice to confirm, but then the restaurant called me 3 days before to tell me there had been an "oversight" and we could not dine in the upper dining room. They placed us in the Bistro, but service was poor... Was annoyed that I didn't change restaurants. Highly disappointed.Special Features:
- valentines dayshanaynayDined on 2/15/2014My significant other and I dined here and the ambience and service was great however the fixed menu was disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.