1696 Duranleau Street
Vancouver, BC V6H 3R9Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bridgesrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (604) 687-4400
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday thru Saturday from 5:30 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The dining room comfortably seats 150 for a plated meal, or 200 for a cocktail reception. Bigger thoughts, include the main floor rooms for a full-on party of 750!
- Private Party Contact: Susan Sharun 6046877351x
- Special Events: Open and offering special service on all public holidays, Valentine's and Mothers' Day. Open for Brunch Mothers' Day. Closed for business on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
- Cross Street: Johnston
- Public Transit: Public Transit Bus # 50 connects to the entrance on the island. Another option is via the Granville Island Ferries which crosses a short stretch of water and drops passengers who have chosen to walk from the city centre twenty yards from the restaurant entrance.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Free surface parking is available on the streets of Granville Island, right at the restaurant's front door.
A word from Bridges
Bridges has a stunning location, overlooking the fishing boats in False Creek and the mountains of the North Shore. The dining room features a vaulted ceiling highlighting the original beams and trusses of this 1920's building, with floor to ceiling windows capturing every part of the view. In a casually elegant atmosphere, the chef presents a menu featuring fresh seafood, rich meats and local produce. During the summer, the dining room's outdoor terrace offers a unique opportunity for white-linen service on the waterfront.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Bridges - Best Restaurants in Granville Island ›
Bridges reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (43)special occasion (33)great for outdoor dining (29)romantic (26)fit for foodies (19)good for groups (14)great for lunch (9)neighborhood gem (9)hot spot (8)great for brunch (6)late-night find (6)notable wine list (6)kid-friendly (4)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- Wondeful EveningHealthyFoodieDined on 11/8/2014We had dinner at Bridges to celebrate a birthday and I couldn't have asked for a nicer evening. The atmosphere was romantic and enjoyable. The wine list was impressive and the food was delicious. For appetizers we ordered the cream of mushroom soup and seared ahi; both were amazing. For main dishes we ordered the paella and the beef tenderloin. I have never had paella before so I ended up not being crazy about it but I'll take responsibility for that since I don't know how it should be. The beef was very good however and the baked cherry cheesecake was phenomenal. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone and would return again the next time I'm in Vancouver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and ambience!AutumnDined on 10/29/2014The upstairs restaurant is more formal and the downstairs is casual. Both are wonderful in food selection and ambience! Our waitress was very helpful and friendly. Would certainly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014The food was great. We all enjoyed everything we ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 stars except for noise levelharewoodgirlDined on 10/25/2014Wonderful evening at Bridges Restaurant with friends. Food excellent, ice-cream to die for, view fabulous. Service very good, except they were very busy, so forgot one of our items. Saturday night and the place was packed with several large parties. Noise level very high, but still could carry on a conversation. At first, seated next to a large, loud party. Asked to be moved and accommodated immediately. Love this restaurant but would go back on a week-night when a bit quieter. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PaddyDined on 10/22/2014Food was carefully prepared, tasty and served efficiently. Great view in the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor wine listVivaciousVivianDined on 10/22/2014Bridges is a favorite of ours because it is convenient and the location is great. The menu is limited, but the food is good and nicely presented. Bridges is probably the best restaurant on Granville Island. Our favorite waiter, Dave works Wednesday to Saturday and he makes the dinner experience truly great. He is attentive and anticipates your every need and has a wonderful sense of humor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MelodyDined on 10/21/2014My husband & I both enjoyed the dinner on that day, delicious food, great view and excellent service. We will definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Always Nice on the 2nd FloorOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014We ate upstairs where it is quiet and has an elevated view of False Creek. The best service is when all you have to do is order what you want and the rest takes care of itself. Once we ordered our food we didn't have to ask for anything else. Our waiter was on top of everything. I had the Zator Chicken was was amazing. My wife had the Beef Tenderlion. Frankly, I thought the chicken was much better although both were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014My boyfriend and I went to Bridges while we were in Vancouver for our anniversary dinner. We were seated right next to the window with a spectacular view. We were one of the only 4 tables in the restaurant, we went at 5:30 so maybe the dinner rush hadn't started. We really enjoyed the salmon with brussel sprouts and chicken with baked potato fries!Special Features:
- Had A Great MealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014From The Service Too The Food It Was An All Around Great Dinner, And After She Brought Our Bill We Mentioned We Were Going Too A Show And She Took 10 Percent Off The Bill, Great Night And Wine :)Special Features:
- Great location, attentive serviceDinnerdocDined on 9/28/2014Bridges remains one of my favorite spots for a drink on a sunny summer day, but the food was variable in quality. They were out of fresh oysters, but the grilled salmon was tasty, if overpriced. The paella was a huge disappointment. Very little chorizo, three mussels, and no discernable yse of saffron or a base sofrito. At over $30 a serving, it just wasn't good enoughSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bridges on a Rainy EveningBruceDined on 9/23/2014Lovely location with a great outdoor patio (had it not been raining) . Service was excellent and the food was average. Portion size was a little small. This is a great place for a group to have a gathering and obviously a wonderful place for outdoor summer dining. Tremendous ViewSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing specialschaferphoDined on 9/23/2014To celebrate a special event, we thought we'd try something new on Granville Island. BRIDGES had pretty consistent good reviews, but we were disappointed. My wife had a morel risotto - she found the mushrooms to be flavorless, maybe re-hydrated? I had the paella, which was OK, but uninteresting. Overall, just not a meal we enjoyed as much as we had hoped. We certainly would not go back.
- Always great!MommycatDined on 9/19/2014I love Bridges, the food is always great, the dining area is very pleasant, the staff is friendly,very aware of the diners' wants and always nice to my 4 year old. When we are going to Bridges I know I won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Bridges Continues to Impress!MigsVIPDined on 8/31/2014I returned to Vancouver/Granville Island after a 10 year absence. My wife and I chose to Honeymoon in Vancouver Granville Island is a MUST STOP for any BC visitor. Bridges is also a must stop while touring Granville. FABULOUS views, GREAT PATIO and great food served by an attentive Staff! Go Dine at Bridges! You will not regret it! MigsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding view for summer eveningTejoiDined on 8/22/2014Very good food, not always prepared with complete care. Some items are outstanding, prawn cakes, watermelon salad, risotto were all special. Halibut arrived lukewarm, veggies and potatoes with chicken a little tired. Fantastic gelato! Still I'd go back in a minute but the beer, wine and spirits list are disappointing. And my requests to the manager to improve it were met with polite disinterest. Too bad, small adjustments could make the whole experience as outstanding as the view on a summer evening. David, was a lovely server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/20/2014We had a lovely time. It was my daughter's birthday. unfortunately we found two hairs in the food. I am a bit picky. It didn't stop my appetite. The personnel was very apologetic. The other five people of our party did not seem to be bothered and overall we had a good time.Special Features:
- Fabulous food, service and settingSBellDined on 8/17/2014We had a great evening at Bridges. While the ambiance lends itself to formal-ness, we were very comfortable and welcome in our casual attire (after a day of exploring Granville Island). The service was friendly but not overbearing, and the food was fantastic. We sat outside and enjoyed a beautiful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleasant diningmerrydinerDined on 8/12/2014had a great time with friends, nice chatting place and beautiful scenery plus delicious food, would love to go again... also, was interesting seeing a proposal complete with flower bouquet & kneeling at another table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BigmoeDined on 8/8/2014Good food in an amazing setting. Great experience.Special Features:
- Great food, not a nice waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014While the food was fabulous, our waitress was a smiling for the outside, she rude and unpleasant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/7/2014Had a great view of the harbor and fun location on the island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie3Dined on 8/1/2014Food is a little over priced for the amount that you get. Definitely can't get full off of one meal. Great service and ambianceSpecial Features:
- BrilliantKazzaDined on 7/27/2014We choose to eat here on our last night in Vancouver as we have been on holiday here, plus my cousin got married over the weekend. My auntie had suggested bridges as she had eat there before and said it was nice. There was 5 of us out for dinner we sat upstairs and our table over looked the bridge and harbour what a stunning view it was. Our waiter was David Solman I think his name was. Well I give him 100% for customer service this guy knows how to treat his guests. He suggested what to eat and wine and kept us laughing at all times. We all enjoyed the food i couldn't say a bad word about it, so hats off to the chef. Overall a very good first experience would highly recommend eating here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 411 reviews are from the Bridges reviews archive.
- Sunset dinner in VancouvercroutoneDined on 7/25/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary at this place and Bridges' maitre d' went out of his way to make our dinner a memorable event: we were seated at a table on the terrace with a beautiful view on the river; the waitress was very helpful and friendly. My scallops and prawns fettuccine and my wife's salmon were outstanding. Our waitress told us that the dessert was on the house (apparently it's a tradition at this restaurant for couples celebrating their anniversaries) and then maitre d' sent us a couple of glasses of local ice wine that was very delicious. Overall it was one of highlights of our trip to Vancouver. I highly recommend this place for a dinner.Special Features:
- Disappointed Paella @ Upper diningCocoDined on 7/13/2014We ordered octopus and bc mussels for starters to share, it was ok. Main course were scallop prawn fettuccini & paella. Seafood were fresh but somehow tasteless, especially prawn, mussels. Paella was not authentic, why would a high end restaurant deliver such a dish? I ordered banana split that was not on upper dining menu. The server was quite reluctant to check if they can do it. She didn't come back to tell us she had ordered and just brought the dessert to us. I had good times at the bistro & bar few weeks ago and expect upper dining will deliver even way beyond expectation. I would stick with bistro & bar.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014We were very disappointed with the Scallop & Prawn Fedicini. Two of us had this dish. Our guest left half of it. It was dry and tasteless. All previous visits have been excellent but not this important occasion.
- Out with guestsValleyvisitor1Dined on 7/4/2014We had a terrific evening entertaining our gusset from my Montreal here, mad especially memorable by our witty and attentive waiter . I think his name was David Solomon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty Food and peaceful viewVivaciousVivianDined on 7/4/2014We enjoyed a delicious meal and the service was great. Our favorite waiter was on hand and as always provided informative information about the menu. The only disappointment was the wine we ordered was unavailable and the second choice had limited stock. The restaurant was quiet and peaceful and along with the view the whole experience was relaxing and refreshing. We sat at the window and watched the boats go by and could see the boats in the marina. The Ferry dock is there as well and people came and went. Bridges is our favorite Granville Island restaurant.Special Features:
- Great waterfront diningKnoxvilleGuyVIPDined on 6/26/2014This was our first time at Bridges, as we were visiting Vancouver. We arrived and our table was ready, with a great view of the water and, yes, bridges. The waiter was great and engaging, very knowledgeable about the food and drinks, plus a pleasure to chat with. We had cocktails to start which were superb. We started with oysters and a lovely salad, followed by a main of some great halibut. Then we ended with dessert of cheesecake. That was all accompanied by some BC white wine. It was all nicely plated, good temperature, and very tasty. We would highly recommend this to anyone dining on Granville Island!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was horribleAbe012VIPDined on 6/8/2014we ordered the oysters and grilled octopus for our appies and the octopus was way over cooked resulting in a very dry and rubbery texture. The halibut entree was pre-made and plated. It got reheated in the microwave or even before being brought to the table because the friend onions were soggy and the sauce on the plate looked dried up.It was also very salty. The paella was under-cooked and was very bland.
- Vancouver dining at its best!IslandsConsultantDined on 6/4/2014Great food, exceptional service, and the incomparable ambiance of the marina on a sunny, warm evening... it really does not get any better than this!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful timeromancedinerDined on 5/30/2014We had a lovely day on Granville Island. It was my husband's 61st birthday - we travelled in from Hope & were staying overnight at the Granville Island Hotel. So we had a nice lunch at Bridges in the lower restaurant with a great Chardonnay, & then dinner which we had reserved in the upper dining area. The food was superb, service was great, friendly & attentive staff. Great views. It was a lovely way to celebrate the occasion, my husband was duly impressed.Special Features:
- A pleasant SurprisethatSTEVEDined on 5/21/2014Having lived in Vancouve rfor most of my life, I have taken out of town guests to Bridges on lots of occasions. However, they dropped off my radar over the last few years. I was worried that the food would be the typical so-so food in a restaurant with a view, often seen as catering to visitors. The food was excellent. Having just returned from a week in Paris, Bridges held up very very well. Excellent Steak, terrific salad and great desert. With the right amount of attention from our service staff. Well done. SteveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome post-grad DinnerShughsieDined on 5/19/2014Came here with my partner and son after his graduation weekend. I have eaten here a few times before when in town from Calgary but it was a truly perfect evening. Thank youSpecial Features:
- Very cooperative and lovely!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/17/2014Had a wonderful night. Quiet, romantic, & they fully met my special requests with more than expected service.Special Features:
- Best Vancouver ExperienceGandolfDined on 5/15/2014This restaurant is one of Vancouver's best as it highlights ALL that is wonderful about this city - great food, great service and a wonderful view AND it includes outside dinning when the weather cooperates! Great for those of us that have the good fortune to live here and wonderful for tourists.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bridges on Mother's DayvancouverdinerDined on 5/11/2014Seafood was excellent. Bread was especially delicious. Willing to make small changes for custom orders. Sparkling wine by the glass was some of the best we have had in the city. We were in the dining room upstairs which is moderately expensive but special, and of course the views were marvellous. Much better than we expected (given the view and location)!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A disappointment on a special dayyvrfoodieDined on 5/11/2014Booked a table for Mother's Day (May 11) Brunch almost a month in advance. We arrived right on time for our reservation and there were many tables available but we still had to wait a while before we were seated. The view was amazing as it was nice and sunny that day. We were shocked that the menu was fixed for "Mother's Day Special" but this was not communicated to us beforehand. We did not expect a $38 set menu as the reason we booked with Bridges in the first place was because my mum loves their regular menu, so she was quite disappointed with this. Would have been nice if Open Table/Bridges made us aware of this set menu price as we probably would have decided to book somewhere else.Special Features:
- Mother's Day brunch disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/11/2014I was excited to book a reservation for Mother's Day brunch at Bridges. As it was somewhat costly ($38 per person) I expected great service and great food, along with the scenic view. Unfortunately it was a miss on service and food - the food came out barely warm and wasn't high quality. I didn't send it back as the table next to us had attempted to send one of their meals back and seemed to be having a hard time with it. The service was slow and at times quite inattentive and forced. The view was spectacular though and the restaurant had a pleasant ambiance. Overall, I was disappointed as I had been looking forward to treating my mom to a lovely brunch. Next time I'll book ahead somewhere else.Special Features: