44 Church St.
Danville, CA 94526Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bridgesdanville.com/
- Phone: 9258207200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:30pm
Saturday & Sunday: 5:00pm
Bar opens nightly at 5:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Californian, Asian
- Executive Chef: Kevin Gin
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Bridges Restaurant & Bar is the perfect setting for private parties ranging in size from 20 to 275. Our landscaped patio featuring vine covered trellises and a natural granite fountain can accommodate up to 150 guests. Inside we offer semi-private rooms that can accommodate up to 150 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Lisa Waldman 9258207200
- Entertainment: Enjoy live entertainment on the patio Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays. May thru October. (weather permitting)
A word from Bridges Restaurant
In it's 18-year history, Bridges has received many accolades and awards, including being honored as one of Diablo magazine's "Seven Best Restaurants in the East Bay". Whether dining on the lush, vine-covered patio while enjoying the sounds from our natural granite waterfall, or relaxing indoors amid a sophisticated, comfortable ambiance you will discover why Bridges is a favorite Bay Area dining destination. Executive Chef Kevin Gin awes with his innovative interpretation of California cuisine featuring European and Asian influences. The staff's professional eye for detail and commitment to exceptional service add to the upscale, yet unpretentious dining experience. Bridges warm elegance, spectacular menu and great energy make it the ideal venue for socializing with friends, celebrations, business meetings or private events.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bridges Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
236 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (171)special occasion (141)neighborhood gem (115)fit for foodies (100)romantic (96)great for lunch (90)great for brunch (71)good for groups (70)notable wine list (37)hot spot (27)vibrant bar scene (25)kid-friendly (16)late-night find (15)scenic view (13)Show More
- LOVE BRIDGES RESTAURANTbear2dineDined on 8/29/2014OUTSTANDING! SINCE THE OPENING WE HAVE BEEN DINING HERE AND LOVE IT! ALWAYS CONSISTENT AND FOOD IS JUST PERFECT. MANAGER LISA IS TOP NOTCH! THE WAIT STAFF IS WAY ON TOP OF THEIR GAME. LUCKY TO LIVE IN DANVILLE!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eatoutDined on 8/24/2014Been there many times and always outstanding in every aspect. Great to meet friends there for nice dinner and good visiting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambiance needed tweekingmangabeneDined on 8/24/2014We had a reservation for a nice outdoor patio table. They had live music for brunch, our table was close to the music, a guy with a guitar. The music was too loud, like annoyingly loud for a Sunday brunch. Service not too great that day, slow not very attentive. Food was good. The sun was moving and was beating down on a couple of us..alternating, added to the annoyance. Had better days thereSpecial Features:
- Sunday Brunch Great!LoveFoodVIPDined on 8/24/2014It is hard to find a great eggs benedict and this place has it! My husband LOVED their waffles too. It was lovely to eat outside and listen to some live music. I would definitely recommend this place for a nice brunch that has great food, great service, without being too extravagant in price!Special Features:
- What an amazing place to dineOpenTable Diner Since 2000Dined on 8/23/2014So far I have been there 2 times and cannot wait to go back again...If I could give it more then 5 starts I would.Special Features:
- dinner for fourOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2014This was the first time each of us thought we had the best meal (party of 4). Duck, sea bass, swordfish and a steak, each cooked perfectly, came with different delicious side dishes. Great dessert too, coconut cake and crème brulee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationSmilesDined on 8/21/2014Great place to celebrate a birthday. Bridges surprises the guest with a delicious cupcake on a lovely plate.Special Features:
- A Reliable Lunch ExperiencesmithoutVIPDined on 8/20/2014I lunch at Bridges on a fairly regular occasion. The outside dining area is very relaxing and inviting. The prices for lunch are reasonable for the Danville area. The food is not outstanding, but not bad either. Its offerings are consistently good. The lunch portions are much too large though. It would be preferable to have a choice of sizes like Chow's offers up the street. As far as the wait staff, they are capable enough, but there's not much warmth or personality, I've also been here for happy hour a few times, but found it lacking. The bar is outdated in its motif and the layout is awkward. Again, the staff was capable enough, but not much in the way of follow-up to ensure that we had what we needed.Special Features:
- A perfect family celebratioinBarakhanaDined on 8/19/2014It was a perfect evening from start to finish at Bridges for our family. The pork tenderloin, Potato Gnocchi, Salmon, and Mexican Prawn were cooked to perfection and delicious. The creme Brulee was heavenly, and the mango sorbet refreshingly delicious. The service so attentive and efficient. We have been going to Bridges for years and this evening was especially memorable. We will be going back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love Brigdes but!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2014We go to Bridges a lot but had not gone for brunch. The food was outstanding. Service on this visit was not to good. We waited for service while many folks that came in after us were served. Anyway we will be back as we go often for their happy hour on the patio. Try the blue plate special for a real bargain.Special Features:
- A lovely eveningPattyVIPDined on 8/16/2014We had a wonderful evening at Bridges. There were 4 of us, just getting together. We had a drink at the bar - nice. The salads were fresh and wonderful. We had the steak specials & duck. All cooked perfectly as we ordered. Service was exceptional! We are looking forward to returning.Special Features:
- Creative chef and fresh ingredientsWconnollyDined on 8/15/2014Very much enjoyed my second trip to this Danville restaurant. Everything was delicious and the price is reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014The server forgot to server one of the entrees and never noticed until it was brought to his attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/15/2014Food has been consistently good. Presentation is good too.Special Features:
- Outstanding!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/14/2014Loved the food, beautiful plating, outstanding appetizers. A lovely experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/14/2014We were seated in a booth right next to the open kitchen area, which was very loud. There were many employees standing around while our server struggled to keep up with his tables. it took a long time to get his attention for a glass of wine. We like the casual atmosphere, but the employees here are very unprofessional, sprinting with food, flipping pony tails in front of the food counter, being overly loud. They can still have fun while being professional. Lobster slider was flavorless and dry, salad was overdressed and boring, meatloaf was very good, greens were not. Drinks and wine selection is good, but very overpriced.Special Features:
- good neighborhood restaurantMiswuVIPDined on 8/13/2014Return to Bridges Restaurant for a weekday dinner. The front was disorganized and slow to greet patrons. The food was delicious in good portion in a good atmosphere. Service was slow n sporadic. It should not take 5 minute for initial greeting and 15 minute for cocktail refill. Great potential, but the service is just terrible. Will not return in the near future…Special Features:
- Exciting changing menuAlvieDined on 8/12/2014Every time we dine at Bridges, the menu has exciting new dishes, prepared beautifully and served by knowledgeable wait staff. Inside can be a little noisy so outside dining is our favorite. And with our weather. . . .who could ask for more! Brunch usually will have nice live music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Meal at BridgesOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/12/2014We had a table on their beautiful patio, the service was impeccable and the food exceptional. We had the sweet potato gnocchi, caprese salad, and pork tenderloin, all of which were delicious. Their cocktails are always changing and we enjoyed some of their new additions as well. This is a very consistent restaurant that delivers 5 star food and service in Danville. Great job Bridges!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bridges Could Be BetterNB61Dined on 8/12/2014The pros: lovely table near an open door on a beautiful day. Breeze blowing through. Very good service. Very friendly waitstaff; genuine; accommodating. The con: Curry Chicken Salad Sandwich: not enough curry flavor, had to keep adding salt for some flavor; boring french fries; does anyone taste these dishes? Food seems like an afterthought. Has been so much better.Special Features:
- Bridges - Last ChanceSamIAmDined on 8/10/2014Went to Bridges for a birthday celebration on a Sunday night and were treated to a reasonable and delicious pre-fixe menu with an assortment of well prepared choices. Highlight of the evening was attentive and energetic service we received from "Maddie" who tok care of our every whim and special request with care and humor. Last Chance refers to the last night of the life of Mrs. Doubtfire (restaurant scene filmed right here at Bridges) star Robin Williams life. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Consistency is just not therethead1stVIPDined on 8/10/2014Brunch Sunday August 10 Food consistency is constantly going down hillSpecial Features:
- SuperbGoodeaterDined on 8/8/2014Wonderful meal with an accessible yet varied menu. Ahi was perfectly done; the swordfish delicious. The Napa Cellars chard was fairly priced. Patio seating was delightful and our waiter was top-notch. Will go again soon.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/6/2014We have dined at Bridges many times, and have never had a bad experience. Our young sons (7,8,9) have eaten with us there as well. Great place.Special Features:
- DaniCaDined on 8/3/2014I loved the freshness of the food.... the Ahi poke papaya salad was really good - roasted pepper with fresh corn soup and the parmsan wild mushroom. I had the sword fish and my husband had the new york steak and had the passion fruit cheesecake which was heavenly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visit, but not last!jeweloftheEBDined on 8/3/2014We met some friends for dinner and chose the prix fixe option. We all enjoyed our entrees, especially my hanger steak. Bridges has a very nice environment, knowledgeable staff giving just the right amount of attention. We'll be going back!Special Features:
- WonderfulAllenVIPDined on 8/3/2014We had not been to this restaurant in quite awhile, and forgot how wonderful it is. We will have to return again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely placeKingTDined on 8/3/2014Anniversary dinner and it turned out to be a great choice. Even though on weeknight it was quiet, the service was perfect and the food outstanding. Wonderful selection.Special Features:
- Great BrunchNancyDined on 8/3/2014Excellent brunch and great service. We like the versatile menu and will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great Anniversary Dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2014This was our first time trying Bridges and I'm sure we'll go back. The food was great! We started with the phyllo wrapped brie and harvest salad. I had the prawns entree and my husband had the pork. We finished with the smores dessert. Our server was also great - very attentive and friendly. We sat outside on the nice patio and enjoyed listening to the live music.Special Features:
- Great desertsDesertluverDined on 8/2/2014The place was great! Desert menu was awesome and I must say that only one option of steak was less than desirable. The New York steak was a bit chewing and lacked flavor. Besides that I loved everything else.I would recommend this to a friend.
- spinjspinjDined on 8/1/2014Food was not as described on web site menu and on restaurant menu. Was poorly prepared and overly salty. Had to send back the entree to be replated. At $140.00 for two (2) it was not worth it.
- Couldn't have been betterSRVlocalDined on 8/1/2014This past weekend my fiance and I wanted to go out for a nice dinner but wanted to stay local, so we decided to try Bridges since we have heard good things. I was blown away by how great this place was and that such a good restaurant is so close to us. Our waiter was outstanding. We shared some jokes and he was very knowledgeable about the food. I had checked out the menu on the website previously and it looked really good, but when we were seated and looked at the menu we saw that it had been updated and everything on this new menu looked great. It was hard to choose. Our dinner was perfect as well as our dessert. The outdoor dining with the relaxing live music made for a perfect date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/1/2014Food and service are consistently good. As you can see we frequent them often, almost once a week. Portions for the price are very good. Too bad there isn't a Bridges in San Francisco but then of course, the prices probably wouldn't be the same. Nice ambiance.Special Features:
- MarieMarieDined on 7/31/2014Outstanding service and food. We enjoyed the food and service very much.Special Features:
- Can always count on BridgesJamesDined on 7/30/2014We went for my wife's birthday. Food and service were as good as always. We were greeted and wife was wished a happy birthday. A quieter table in back. We can always count on Bridges!Special Features:
- lackluster serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/30/2014Our food here was good, not amazing. but our server was very aloof to say the least. It was the occasion of my Mother's 91st birthday and he was strictly business, no smiles.Special Features:
- Outstanding service!58ALDined on 7/24/2014When we asked to be relocated to another part of the restaurant due to two diners who were using profane language, the hostess was very accommodating and apologetic. The new diners were seated away from the two misbehaving diner. Later, the manager came to our table to also apologize for their behavior.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and food!live2eatDined on 7/21/2014Wonderful evening with my family with excellent service from the hostess who sat us away from the noisy family to a quieter table (which was especially needed since my dad's hearing isn't what it once was) and awesome service from our perfect waiter, Ben, who accomodated our every need, recommended delicious selections and delighted us with the right amount of hospitality and humor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new favorite place.BoomerVIPDined on 7/21/2014I had not been to Bridges for a while. What a pleasant surprise. The service was amazing. Our waitress was both attentive and patient (it was our mother's 80th birthday celebration and we laughed a lot!). We all had something different...the favorites were the prawn salad (I am going back soon for this salad, best flavor I have ever had in a dressing), the salmon salad (light but tasty) and the rueben (which had slaw and dressing and was so flavorful). Also, the presentation of the food is magnificent. What a refreshing change in a world of "always the same thing" restaurants....Cannot wait to take friends there....Go go go !!!Special Features: