44 Church St.
Danville, CA 94526Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bridgesdanville.com/
- Phone: 9258207200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:30pm
Saturday & Sunday: 5:00pm
Bar opens nightly at 5:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Californian, Asian
- Executive Chef: Kevin Gin
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Bridges Restaurant & Bar is the perfect setting for private parties ranging in size from 20 to 275. Our landscaped patio featuring vine covered trellises and a natural granite fountain can accommodate up to 150 guests. Inside we offer semi-private rooms that can accommodate up to 150 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Lisa Waldman 9258207200
- Entertainment: Enjoy live entertainment on the patio Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays. May thru October. (weather permitting)
A word from Bridges Restaurant
In it's 18-year history, Bridges has received many accolades and awards, including being honored as one of Diablo magazine's "Seven Best Restaurants in the East Bay". Whether dining on the lush, vine-covered patio while enjoying the sounds from our natural granite waterfall, or relaxing indoors amid a sophisticated, comfortable ambiance you will discover why Bridges is a favorite Bay Area dining destination. Executive Chef Kevin Gin awes with his innovative interpretation of California cuisine featuring European and Asian influences. The staff's professional eye for detail and commitment to exceptional service add to the upscale, yet unpretentious dining experience. Bridges warm elegance, spectacular menu and great energy make it the ideal venue for socializing with friends, celebrations, business meetings or private events.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerCalifornian
Bridges Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Danville ›
Bridges Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
218 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (170)special occasion (134)neighborhood gem (122)fit for foodies (104)romantic (90)great for lunch (88)good for groups (82)great for brunch (53)notable wine list (43)hot spot (31)vibrant bar scene (22)kid-friendly (18)late-night find (13)scenic view (9)Show More
- PaulVIPDined on 10/18/2014Food was good but service was not. Waiter did not know that breakfast potatoes included more than just potatoes and was unwilling to find out.Special Features:
- A little disappointingEddieDined on 10/17/2014I love the outdoor dining and the service is always good, but I was disappointed with the steak, as we're two others at our table who ordered the same. The medium rare steaks were tough and the potatoes very dry. The beet salad however was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 10/12/2014We frequent Bridges. The staff is friendly and professional, the food reasonably priced, and there is a nice ambiance. Taste and portions of food are good too.Special Features:
- Relaxing gem!Ericing1409Dined on 10/12/2014Bridges is a wonderful Bay Area Gem. The food is always outstanding and the ombience is beautiful without being overdone. I highly recommend the outdoor area, like having a five star restaurant in your garden.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty but chilly4thebirthdaygirlDined on 10/11/2014The restaurant is lovely and inviting as well as the outdoor dining area. It was an October evening so we asked if there were heaters outside and we were told that yes there were. The outdoor area had beautiful plants and good live music but at our spot the heater was not on. We asked them to turn it on, a man came to do it then I noticed it didn't get warm. I looked up and saw that it wasn't turned on. So for most of the meal I was uncomfortable. The food was fantastic. I had duck on a rice cake that had just the right crunch and seasoned perfectly. I really enjoyed my Gin and Tonic. The food was pricey but we knew that coming in and it was my birthday dinner.Special Features:
- Never disappoints!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/11/2014You never know what you'll find on the ever-changing menu, each new item better than the last. Our favorite place to take out of towners and go for special occasions. Thanks for another great meal Bridges!Special Features:
- Great Food!LiveToDineVIPDined on 10/10/2014Really enjoyed the Tombo Tuna with fried black rice (me) and Swordfish with red quinoa (hubby). I would order the same again next time. Excellent food! The service, however, was a little lacking. We had to ask for the specials (we heard the waiter telling neighboring diners about specials after we had placed our order - we didn't know there were specials), water refills, dessert menu (he gave us the bill and didn't ask if we wanted dessert). Seemed the waiter was not very attentive. I've been to Bridges before and the service is usually better.Special Features:
- Good food and serviceGoodfoodDined on 10/10/2014Good food and sevice. Nice ambiance. Large restaurant should be able to handle large groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special PlacearcmblkDined on 10/9/2014Bridges is a special place in Danville. You can eat outside or inside. No matter where you sit, the atmosphere is great. The service is impeccable and the food exquisite! The deserts are unique and to die for.Special Features:
- Always a great experienceADinerVIPDined on 10/2/2014The Mexican prawns are one of the best dish you will find any where.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Bridges RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/28/2014We loved eating at Bridges outside for our son's birthday celebration! They brought out a birthday cupcake because I made a note on my Open Table reservation. The food was enjoyed by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special night for momLivndadreamDined on 9/27/2014Lori is fantastic. She made dinner with my 88yr young mom enjoyable and memorable. We laughed all evening. Thanks for a great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice and SteadyOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/27/2014Always a great place. The happy hour on the patio is great! This night, it was a bit cool, so we sat inside. Ambiance was good, as was the service. I had the spicy shrimp entree, which had great flavor with a red curry sauce and grilled noodles. Very good. My wife had the pork which was subpar. Flavor was really lacking. All in all, I like Bridges and will go back, but not our best meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- 9/26/14 DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014We have eaten at Bridges many times in the past and have always enjoyed the food. I am not sure if they had a new chef on Friday 9/26/14, but our food was poor. Very dry salmon, and pasty gnocchi with kale? that was still frozen. I overheard two other tables making comments that the food was not up to the normal standards for Bridges. It was very disappointing, as I had invited another couple for a birthday on their first visit to Bridges. I was going to talk to a manager, but with guests I thought it an inopportune time to do so. I hope Bridges comments on this posting, because after Fridays dinner, I am not sure I will return.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 9/26/2014Food and service are always exceptional. Whenever I'm in Danville Ca. I try to go there.Special Features:
- LOVE IT!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/25/2014one of my favs! Always excellent food and service...great ambience...friendly service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Dinner on the Patio !!!!!!WifesAFoodieDined on 9/22/2014Terrific Dinner on the Patio, Great Service, Great Food, and Great settingSpecial Features:
- We love Bridgesbear2dineDined on 9/20/2014Absolutely the best in Danville! This gem of a restaurant never disappoints! Lisa the General in charge really knows how to run a perfect restaurant. LOVE IT!Special Features:
- Pricey, a bit noisy, but great!RobNGlenDined on 9/20/2014Only complaint was the high price, and the noise. Very enjoyable and the service was great.Special Features:
- Expected MorecasualgourmetVIPDined on 9/20/2014This restaurant is popular and very crowded. It has a grand reputation. It's nice dining, but the appetizers and desserts are just passable,ordinary and uninspired. And....the entrees simply don't taste that great. Nothing special,when special is what was expected.Special Features:
- Snooty staffMJ75VIPDined on 9/19/2014I made a reservation online and had requested outdoor seating. When I updated the reservation time online, the notes request did not stick, apparently. So my reservation was there but staff refused my date and I the outdoor seating. The outdoor patio (with live music) was the main reason we selected the restaurant. boo. Poor service by the restaurant.
- Excellent food and lovely ambianceSuesellDined on 9/19/2014The perfect place for a casual, relaxing lunch with an old friend. The wait staff didn't hover and let us order leisurely. The salad I ordered, with pork tenderloin was unique, delicious and fairly priced.Special Features:
- Girls nightJBailDined on 9/12/2014Our server Maria was outstanding! Mad our get together even more specialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing mealTootieDined on 9/10/2014Great place to celebrate. Took my Uncle and Aunt there for a special meal. It was EXTRA special..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diaappointing - husbands bdayPamelaVIPDined on 9/9/2014We had a 15 minute wait once seated before being greeted. Waiter had trouble opening wine we brought. A 2nd waiter came to pour and poured so we could sample - didn't know it was OURS. Bad table behind a pillar even with many empty tables. This was the final visit for us - service is bad for such an expensive restaurant. We used to eat here often - this was the final straw - shouldn't have hoped it would be better - husbands bday celebration was disappointing, we redid the evening at Esin the next night - it was perfect!Special Features:
- Great AmbianceFalconVIPDined on 9/6/2014Free Valet service, great ambiance, good service, but the food was only average.Special Features:
- Bridges is Perfectbear2dineDined on 9/5/2014Again as always great food, Waitstaff is so on their game. We just love this always perfect, never disappoints restaurant!Special Features:
- Best waiter Ben.jjtkDined on 9/4/2014When I made the reservation I did not mention that it was my husband B-Day but Ben heard my toast. He brought a cup cake with a sparkler. How thoughtful. His service during the entire meal was great. Thanks for a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always leaves me wantingregularJaneVIPDined on 8/31/2014Bridges has a wonderful location in Danvelle and the ambiance is very nice. However, each time I go I keep expecting the wait staff to be a bit more attentive, but it just never happens. It's not that busy there on a Saturday at 11:30 AM and still you wait and wait for someone to take your order. Then you wait still some more before you finally have to ask someone for bread or a water refill. The food is good but the service always disappoints.
- Sisters birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We brought my sister her for birthday. They accommodated our request for seating in an area from Mrs.Doubtfire (her fav. movie). The food was delicious, everyone was pleased with their choice, the desserts yum. Our server Rick was awesome and very helpful. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- LOVE BRIDGES RESTAURANTbear2dineDined on 8/29/2014OUTSTANDING! SINCE THE OPENING WE HAVE BEEN DINING HERE AND LOVE IT! ALWAYS CONSISTENT AND FOOD IS JUST PERFECT. MANAGER LISA IS TOP NOTCH! THE WAIT STAFF IS WAY ON TOP OF THEIR GAME. LUCKY TO LIVE IN DANVILLE!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect celebrationhappy25Dined on 8/26/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary there recently and had a wonderful experience. We heard good things about the restaurant from friends, but had not tried it until that evening. What a nice surprise to have such a place in Danville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eatoutDined on 8/24/2014Been there many times and always outstanding in every aspect. Great to meet friends there for nice dinner and good visiting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambiance needed tweekingmangabeneDined on 8/24/2014We had a reservation for a nice outdoor patio table. They had live music for brunch, our table was close to the music, a guy with a guitar. The music was too loud, like annoyingly loud for a Sunday brunch. Service not too great that day, slow not very attentive. Food was good. The sun was moving and was beating down on a couple of us..alternating, added to the annoyance. Had better days thereSpecial Features:
- Sunday Brunch Great!LoveFoodVIPDined on 8/24/2014It is hard to find a great eggs benedict and this place has it! My husband LOVED their waffles too. It was lovely to eat outside and listen to some live music. I would definitely recommend this place for a nice brunch that has great food, great service, without being too extravagant in price!Special Features:
- What an amazing place to dineOpenTable Diner Since 2000Dined on 8/23/2014So far I have been there 2 times and cannot wait to go back again...If I could give it more then 5 starts I would.Special Features:
- dinner for fourOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2014This was the first time each of us thought we had the best meal (party of 4). Duck, sea bass, swordfish and a steak, each cooked perfectly, came with different delicious side dishes. Great dessert too, coconut cake and crème brulee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationSmilesDined on 8/21/2014Great place to celebrate a birthday. Bridges surprises the guest with a delicious cupcake on a lovely plate.Special Features:
- A Reliable Lunch ExperiencesmithoutVIPDined on 8/20/2014I lunch at Bridges on a fairly regular occasion. The outside dining area is very relaxing and inviting. The prices for lunch are reasonable for the Danville area. The food is not outstanding, but not bad either. Its offerings are consistently good. The lunch portions are much too large though. It would be preferable to have a choice of sizes like Chow's offers up the street. As far as the wait staff, they are capable enough, but there's not much warmth or personality, I've also been here for happy hour a few times, but found it lacking. The bar is outdated in its motif and the layout is awkward. Again, the staff was capable enough, but not much in the way of follow-up to ensure that we had what we needed.Special Features:
- A perfect family celebratioinBarakhanaDined on 8/19/2014It was a perfect evening from start to finish at Bridges for our family. The pork tenderloin, Potato Gnocchi, Salmon, and Mexican Prawn were cooked to perfection and delicious. The creme Brulee was heavenly, and the mango sorbet refreshingly delicious. The service so attentive and efficient. We have been going to Bridges for years and this evening was especially memorable. We will be going back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.