44 Church St.
Danville, CA 94526Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bridgesdanville.com/
- Phone: (925) 820-7200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:30pm
Saturday & Sunday: 5:00pm
Bar opens nightly at 5:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Californian, Asian
- Executive Chef: Kevin Gin
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Bridges Restaurant & Bar is the perfect setting for private parties ranging in size from 20 to 275. Our landscaped patio featuring vine covered trellises and a natural granite fountain can accommodate up to 150 guests. Inside we offer semi-private rooms that can accommodate up to 150 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Lisa Waldman 9258207200
- Entertainment: Enjoy live entertainment on the patio Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays. May thru October. (weather permitting)
A word from Bridges Restaurant
In it's 18-year history, Bridges has received many accolades and awards, including being honored as one of Diablo magazine's "Seven Best Restaurants in the East Bay". Whether dining on the lush, vine-covered patio while enjoying the sounds from our natural granite waterfall, or relaxing indoors amid a sophisticated, comfortable ambiance you will discover why Bridges is a favorite Bay Area dining destination. Executive Chef Kevin Gin awes with his innovative interpretation of California cuisine featuring European and Asian influences. The staff's professional eye for detail and commitment to exceptional service add to the upscale, yet unpretentious dining experience. Bridges warm elegance, spectacular menu and great energy make it the ideal venue for socializing with friends, celebrations, business meetings or private events.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerCalifornian
Bridges Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Danville ›
Bridges Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
239 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (174)special occasion (147)neighborhood gem (130)fit for foodies (121)great for lunch (96)romantic (95)good for groups (87)great for brunch (52)notable wine list (50)hot spot (34)vibrant bar scene (26)kid-friendly (14)late-night find (10)scenic view (8)Show More
- A disappointmentADinerVIPDined on 11/21/2014I have been eating here regularly for years and there have been ups and downs in food and service. I think the salads miss the mark in flavor as well as serving size. I am a big fan of the prawns however they relied way too much on salt. The unprofessional server, who has been our server before, shocked me. The bar could not provide a sazerac! I will say that the bread and desserts stole the show.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/20/2014I had a reservation for the Bridges 11/20 and when we arrived the hostess immediately showed us to our table. Jordan, our waitress, was at our table and helped with our wine selection and provided recommendations and tastings. Our order was taken and delivered promptly. Food and drink was delicious and service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at BridgesTerryDined on 11/15/2014I have been wanting to try some of the restaurants in Dansville and based on the reviews I decided to try Bridges. Every thing about it was great, the food and service were all you could ask for. My wife had the duck and I had braised lamb shanks. My wife thinks it was the best meal she has had in years. I will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/14/2014I had the best dinner, the lamb shank. Wonderful. My husband's fish was a little over done and the couple we were with had dinners that were not very warm :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceLouDVIPDined on 11/13/2014Overall was another nice meal and experience. The appetizers are unique and nice to share as a meal amongst a few if looking to eat light.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a pleasant surprisenewtobayareaDined on 11/13/2014Birthday dinner with the hubby turned out to be a wonderfully unexpected meal and overall very enjoyable experience. I would highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 1999Dined on 11/13/2014Skip the overpriced "sashimi" appetizer unless you desire a very tiny amount of ordinary raw fish. However both the duck and seared tuna entrees were sensational. Our server forgot to bring the dessert. After 30 minutes we reminded him and he then brought a reheated (hot outside cold center) pastry. In sum, entrees are excellent but don't both with the apps or desserts and hopefully you are not in a rush.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints.favspotDined on 11/9/2014Bridge's always serves quality cuisine, accompanied by friendly, but not overbearing service. Knowledgeable waitstaff when it comes to recommending wine.Special Features:
- Still great foodAlvieDined on 11/7/2014Bridges has been with us awhile now and it still is an enjoyable place to meet friends and have a great meal. Good weather outside is the very best because of the noise level inside. Wait staff is friendly and attentive. Always a good vibe there and many times we have not been charged a corkage fee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening...love2eatVIPDined on 11/7/2014Warm staff, lovely setting, delicious food that is beautifully presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bridges is our go-toConleyClanDined on 11/7/2014We love Bridges! It's our favorite restaurant in Danville...fantastic food, service, and ambiance. Perfect for any/every occasion. Also a great spot for Happy Hour. We always start in the bar, to take advantage of the great drink/appetizer specials, and move to the dining room for an, always memorable, dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodie spotFoodiePieDined on 11/6/2014We arrived early for our reservation to have a cocktail before dinner. The bar area is sophisticated elegancy with just the right amount of noise. They offered a new twist on standard cocktails and the food was excellent. We had a party of five and everyone was very pleased with their dinner. After dinner cappuccino was made to perfection. Will definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place for lunchLocalVIPDined on 11/6/2014We had a very nice lunch prior to a movie at Bridges. Food was good. We had four different entrees and everyone one enjoyed their selection. Server was helpful describing menu and recommending main courses. Restaurant was not busy which added to a nice, relaxing meal. If you have the Passport Dining card, the restaurant is a very good value.Special Features:
- absolutely fantastic eveningjdlavieVIPDined on 11/4/2014Came here to celebrate one of my BFF's Birthday's for dinner. Fantastic dinner. She had the duck, I had the prawns. Both were phenomenal, She and I split the beet and goat cheese salad, each had a cocktail. I had brought a special bottle of vintage Pinot Noir from Mendocino, and we left the remainder for our server for she was amazing. Cheers!Special Features:
- Danville GemfoodyfunDined on 11/4/2014Bridges is a dependably good restaurant in Danville for a great meal, excellent wines, efficient service and a comfortable ambiance. I have experienced several special occasions there but this restaurant should not just be for notable events. The outdoor seating during most of the year is lovely for lunch and for dinner on those warm summer evenings.Special Features:
- Excellent Dining Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014We had a fantastic evening at the Bridges. From the moment we pulled up to their courtesy valet parking, their excellent client services team "wowed" us. Fabulous food Fabulous service Fabulous experience Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistantly goodDuffyDined on 10/30/2014Since it has opened Bridges has maintain a standard that is consistently good. Their wait staff is efficient , friendly and yet unobtrusive. Their good is excellent and the portions appropriate. Their ambiance is up to date, understated and combines the old with the new effectively.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/29/2014I took a friend there, his first visit and he really enjoyed the attmospher as well as the wonderful food. He ordered the evening special, however, the server wrote up wrong for the kitchen...my guest accepted and enjoyed the lamp shank. The server comped our corkage and dessert (one was shared) so all ended very well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous ExerienceMarilynVIPDined on 10/24/2014Food is outstanding. Love the openness of the restaurant. Their outdoor happy seating is the best!Special Features:
- Still a great place for date nightsterling53Dined on 10/21/2014Went here to celebrate our 36th anniversary on a Wednesday night about 6:30. Sat indoors as it was a little too chilly for the very inviting patio. We had the place almost to ourselves until about 7:30 when the crowd picked up. As a result, it was quiet, private and really romantic. (She LOVED it!) We hadn't been there in 20 years, mostly because we had forgotten about it, and are glad to have re-discovered Bridges. The prix fixe menu suited us perfectly for variety, proportions and value. We both had flat iron steak on polenta which was tender and perfectly cooked. The roasted red bell pepper soup appetizer was tasty and the tiramisu dessert was amazing! For $29? Unbeatable- and no compromises, either! Highly recommend BridgesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PaulVIPDined on 10/18/2014Food was good but service was not. Waiter did not know that breakfast potatoes included more than just potatoes and was unwilling to find out.Special Features:
- A little disappointingEddieDined on 10/17/2014I love the outdoor dining and the service is always good, but I was disappointed with the steak, as we're two others at our table who ordered the same. The medium rare steaks were tough and the potatoes very dry. The beet salad however was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 10/12/2014We frequent Bridges. The staff is friendly and professional, the food reasonably priced, and there is a nice ambiance. Taste and portions of food are good too.Special Features:
- Relaxing gem!Ericing1409Dined on 10/12/2014Bridges is a wonderful Bay Area Gem. The food is always outstanding and the ombience is beautiful without being overdone. I highly recommend the outdoor area, like having a five star restaurant in your garden.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty but chilly4thebirthdaygirlDined on 10/11/2014The restaurant is lovely and inviting as well as the outdoor dining area. It was an October evening so we asked if there were heaters outside and we were told that yes there were. The outdoor area had beautiful plants and good live music but at our spot the heater was not on. We asked them to turn it on, a man came to do it then I noticed it didn't get warm. I looked up and saw that it wasn't turned on. So for most of the meal I was uncomfortable. The food was fantastic. I had duck on a rice cake that had just the right crunch and seasoned perfectly. I really enjoyed my Gin and Tonic. The food was pricey but we knew that coming in and it was my birthday dinner.Special Features:
- Never disappoints!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/11/2014You never know what you'll find on the ever-changing menu, each new item better than the last. Our favorite place to take out of towners and go for special occasions. Thanks for another great meal Bridges!Special Features:
- Great Food!LiveToDineVIPDined on 10/10/2014Really enjoyed the Tombo Tuna with fried black rice (me) and Swordfish with red quinoa (hubby). I would order the same again next time. Excellent food! The service, however, was a little lacking. We had to ask for the specials (we heard the waiter telling neighboring diners about specials after we had placed our order - we didn't know there were specials), water refills, dessert menu (he gave us the bill and didn't ask if we wanted dessert). Seemed the waiter was not very attentive. I've been to Bridges before and the service is usually better.Special Features:
- Good food and serviceGoodfoodDined on 10/10/2014Good food and sevice. Nice ambiance. Large restaurant should be able to handle large groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special PlacearcmblkDined on 10/9/2014Bridges is a special place in Danville. You can eat outside or inside. No matter where you sit, the atmosphere is great. The service is impeccable and the food exquisite! The deserts are unique and to die for.Special Features:
- Service not so hot that nightjdlavieVIPDined on 10/3/2014Everything wonderful as usual, food wise. My daughter had the roasted chicken, I had the Curried prawns. We were kind of pressed for time, I had brought wine ( at this juncture, I need to disclose that I usually bring my own wine due to I am a Professional), I had given server over a half a bottle of $100.00 wine and he charged us corkage (He knew I was a Sommelier), and we were also late for our event that we needed to be at.Special Features:
- Always a great experienceADinerVIPDined on 10/2/2014The Mexican prawns are one of the best dish you will find any where.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Bridges RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/28/2014We loved eating at Bridges outside for our son's birthday celebration! They brought out a birthday cupcake because I made a note on my Open Table reservation. The food was enjoyed by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special night for momLivndadreamDined on 9/27/2014Lori is fantastic. She made dinner with my 88yr young mom enjoyable and memorable. We laughed all evening. Thanks for a great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice and SteadyOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/27/2014Always a great place. The happy hour on the patio is great! This night, it was a bit cool, so we sat inside. Ambiance was good, as was the service. I had the spicy shrimp entree, which had great flavor with a red curry sauce and grilled noodles. Very good. My wife had the pork which was subpar. Flavor was really lacking. All in all, I like Bridges and will go back, but not our best meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- 9/26/14 DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014We have eaten at Bridges many times in the past and have always enjoyed the food. I am not sure if they had a new chef on Friday 9/26/14, but our food was poor. Very dry salmon, and pasty gnocchi with kale? that was still frozen. I overheard two other tables making comments that the food was not up to the normal standards for Bridges. It was very disappointing, as I had invited another couple for a birthday on their first visit to Bridges. I was going to talk to a manager, but with guests I thought it an inopportune time to do so. I hope Bridges comments on this posting, because after Fridays dinner, I am not sure I will return.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 9/26/2014Food and service are always exceptional. Whenever I'm in Danville Ca. I try to go there.Special Features:
- LOVE IT!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/25/2014one of my favs! Always excellent food and service...great ambience...friendly service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Dinner on the Patio !!!!!!WifesAFoodieDined on 9/22/2014Terrific Dinner on the Patio, Great Service, Great Food, and Great settingSpecial Features:
- We love Bridgesbear2dineDined on 9/20/2014Absolutely the best in Danville! This gem of a restaurant never disappoints! Lisa the General in charge really knows how to run a perfect restaurant. LOVE IT!Special Features:
- Pricey, a bit noisy, but great!RobNGlenDined on 9/20/2014Only complaint was the high price, and the noise. Very enjoyable and the service was great.Special Features: