Bridges Restaurant - MD
321 Wells Cove Rd
Grasonville, MD 21638Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Bridges Restaurant - MD
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bridgesrestaurant.net/
- Phone: (410) 827-0282
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Nightly: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef Nathan Ebersol
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private spaces such as the Patio or Barside Room may be rented for an additional fee subject to availability.
- Private Party Contact: Michael Moon 4108270282x
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment Friday & Saturday Evenings starting at 7pm
- Special Events: Let Bridges host your next special event at our venue! Unique private spaces & custom menus created by chef Nathan Ebersole
A word from Bridges Restaurant - MD
Located in the heart of Kent Narrows along Maryland"s Eastern Shore, this Unique Venue has Modern Design Influences such as a Indoor/Outdoor Bar, Bistro style open Kitchen & Al Fresco Dining overlooking the Chesapeake Bay. Noted for Eclectic Menu & Superior Service, this Restaurant was recently nominated for "Best New Restaurant" in Maryland & voted "Best Dock & Dine" along with "Best View" on the Eastern Shore.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Bridges Restaurant - MD - Best Restaurants in Kent Narrows ›
Bridges Restaurant - MD reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (40)great for outdoor dining (39)great for lunch (21)special occasion (20)fit for foodies (19)good for groups (19)romantic (16)neighborhood gem (13)vibrant bar scene (12)hot spot (11)great for brunch (10)notable wine list (8)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (4)Show More
- OK DinningfoodDined on 11/15/2014Food is hit or miss. Service is usually good. Nothing really notable. Nice to have something different to go to than the old stand by seafood houses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful Dining Experienceladyluvstoeat1Dined on 11/4/2014Our group of three had a marvelous dining experience at Bridges. The fish dish was fresh and sweet, the Risotto delightful. The portions are plentiful and I would recommend Bridges to anyone who would like an extraordinary lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pinkgardenerDined on 11/1/2014We had an excellent meal and a very delightful waitress. She was friendly, funny, and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinner for my daughterladyfishDined on 11/1/2014We dined at Bridges for the first time to celebrate my daughter's birthday. The food was delicious. Service was satisfactory. Had several questions for our server since it was our first time, who found out the answers in a timely fashion. Was a bit disappointed in the patio room since the sunset was hidden behind the window obstacles and it was a chilly outside there. Will dine there again.Special Features:
- DisappointedBeltwayBanditVIPDined on 10/18/2014We've been there in the summer, outside, in the daytime, before and always enjoyed it. Can' say the same thing about our fall, early evening, inside experience. In the reservation, I asked for a quiet window table. I reminded the hostess of our OpenTable reservation with requests. She and the server ignored me and the reservation, and tried to sit us at a noisy table in the dead center of the restaurant. We objected, so she put us on the inside patio, at a table 10 feet from the "window" tables. After not being served for 10 minutes, a "window" table was cleared, so on our own we moved. The server was not happy, neither were we. The patio has plastic dropdowns obscurings any view of the water or sunset. So much for a window table.Special Features:
- Good!MddinerDined on 10/17/2014Some of our group had been here before, others had not. Overall, the food was pretty good. The steaks were cooked perfectly and the cream of crab was delicious. Although the shrimp and grits seem to be one of their specialties, it was a bit underwhelming. Lots of sauce and tiny shrimp. Service was quick and came out correctly. Our server seemed to have a bit of a chip on her shoulder and came off as rude. She did her job, but she wasn't the kind of warm and friendly server that you look for at a favorite restaurant.Special Features:
- ReservationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014There should be a notice that if you make a reservation, you will not be seated in the Happy Hour section of the restaurant .... Some of our group assumed they would be in the HR section, and this caused a lot of confusion.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bridges RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 9/27/2014Fantastic restaurant. We enjoyed the experience and will go back.Special Features:
- Nice Romantic DinnerPhleeVIPDined on 9/19/2014We stopped here on our way to the beach Friday night and had a wonderful meal out on the deck facing the bay and listening to the live 1-man band who played both the sax and steel drums, very nice ambience. The restaurant was quite busy with a function in the main restaurant area. We both had the Rissotto with Scallops (very good) with the Gazpacho for starter. The service was good and efficient. A very nice evening dinner and stop! We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date night w/Trish & Vernon 090614VJGreenVIPDined on 9/6/2014Another great dinner at Bridges. We were lucky enough to be able to try the "special" offering on the entrée list. Lobster Pasta, and highly recommend that it be made a "regular" offering (we recommend cooking down the sauce a bit more but great tasting! The other entrée selection is their crab cake served with a light salad side and their new potato corn hash, EXCELLENT as always! We were happy to see that C.C. (our server) was on duty and was able to take care of our table on what was obviously a very busy night. Service was top notch. Bridges' Manager,Michael Moon, continues to be one of the most hands on Restaurateurs we have seen ensuring that each guest is greeted, and being served in the proper way. It doesn't get better than this!Special Features:
- Great place-- staff however surlyNyfoodieDined on 8/31/2014Great place, wonderful views, good Food. Staff however bit surly and not very friendly !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationbeautifulspotDined on 8/24/2014Thank you for making my Mom's Birthday celebration a great time. She loves Bridges and this occasion was special. She loved the day. The weather was fantastic, the service was great (thanks Shannon) and of course the food was outstanding. We were greeted and seated very quickly and the receptionist and Shannon both wished my Mom Happy Birthday! Thanks.. we will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014Food was good. Service was good. Mia was a great server. Went with one other coupleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experiencedmc101352Dined on 8/9/2014Our table overlooked the bay, and the view was gorgeous! Entrees were varied, and the food was excellent! Great place to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:
- Awesome foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/9/2014As always, great food. The wait staff was certainly pleasant, however, our waitress refused to remove dishes from our table, and waited for the server to remove the dishes. Dishes were stacking up. Training needed for wait staff and servers. Wine was also great.Special Features:
- Dining ExperienceStuartDined on 8/7/2014We found Bridges to be a pleasant dining experience. The food was quite good, the service was efficient and the staff was most cordial, and the ambience was superb. We had booked in advance via Open Table but managed to arrive an hour earlier than scheduled. The staff was able to accommodate us without a problem and gave us prime outdoor location. We have been wanting to try this establishment for some time and are glad that we finally did. We will be returning!Special Features:
- lovetodineoutDined on 8/2/2014What an awesome night--everyone from the host/hostess, bartenders, wait staff were so friendly and polite, the food was absolutely delicious and we enjoyed our dining experience. After dinner having the chance to walk on the beautiful pier and sit under the stars listening to the music was icing on the cake. We can't wait to return! We will be telling all of our friends about this amazing restaurant.Special Features:
- The following 267 reviews are from the Bridges Restaurant - MD reviews archive.
- Great ExperienceSSP1Dined on 7/25/2014We were a party of six who were seated out back for a business dinner . The food was great and the service was good. We enjoyed the views. We liked it that the tables were spaced far enough apart that we could have a semi-private discussion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top NotchAlexandriaVADined on 7/25/2014For a nice restaurant on Kent Island I would definitely go here, especially if it is nice out and the windows are open. It has the casual ambiance of a waterside bar but without the kitsch and smell of stale beer. The bruschetta was great and the sandwiches worth going back for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food with a View!TimsThoughtsDined on 7/19/2014I was was told the food was quite good and given I have lived in large tourist type towns either on the Ocean or Bay all my life, I have had my share of both good and not so good seafood. The food at Bridges not only measured up, but was amongst the better food I have had at a reasonably large waterfront restaurant. The ability to drive up by boat and the view were amazing! Great Evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bridges at Ken NarrowsJellenVIPDined on 7/19/2014We went to Bridges with 4 friends to celebrate my major birthday, and it was very festive. The food is excellent, and we sat outside by the water as the sun went down. There was a live singer and drummer, and they played older music very well, and the crowd was a middle-age crowd, so it was fun and festive. It's definitely a classier alternative to the typical crab shack, and it's close to the loud bars, if that's what you want after the meal. But for dinner, it's perfect. Two of us had the salmon (a gluten free entree), and they have a fairly extensive gluten free menu. Any of the fish entrees are excellent. We've had better crab bisque, but it's the only thing that wasn't excellent. Still good thoughSpecial Features:
- Great view410BookesmomDined on 7/19/2014The food was delicious (shrimp and grits), but the real reason to go to Bridges is for the water view of Kent Narrows.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodFoodaddictDined on 7/18/2014Great food and ambiance. My second time eating at this restaurant and the food has been superb each time. Service is good too. The view is awesome!Special Features:
- Wonderful!AmpersandDined on 7/13/2014A lovely setting on a shaded porch, the food was perfectly cooked, inventive but not outlandish (slender shreds of zucchini and carrots and squash to echo the rice noodles under the salmon, spices that complimented but did not cover the tastes of the foods, crab cakes crispy edges with a hint of seasoning but mostly pure crab). The restaurant indoors was a bit noisy as we passed through to the deck - and this was fairly early on a Sunday (5pm). The waitstaff was friendly and very good, but could have been more attentive - since we were out on the deck, we had to wait until someone came by. Prices are a little high, but for once, you really do get a stunning meal. Decent brews on tap (Fat Tire Amber Ale, Sam Adams seasonal).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/5/2014We ordered the blue crab dip, small plate crab cake, small plate shrimp and grits, Caesar salad, and different wines. All very good. The only downside was the gazpacho - it was sweet, not authentic, so a little strange. Gazpacho needs to be reworked. We will definitely be going back!! Loved the wine list and how it is organized - encourages trying different wines with different courses...awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return to a favoriteORRNVIPDined on 6/28/2014Enjoyed a great dinner with friends - food was wonderful as always - consistent service - beautiful view - continue to highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/27/2014made a reservation on my mobile and kept clicking "party of 3" however the confirmation page always showed "party of 2" so in the comments, I just mentioned that i have a party of 3. When we arrived, I suppose they didn't read the comments and asked if we had a party of 2. other than that little hang-up the food was great, beautiful views, wonderful live music on the patio.Special Features:
- lunch or dinner @ waterfrontMaudiDined on 6/26/2014We had a pleasant dinner on our one night stay driving up north. Very friendly service, a beautiful view on the waterfront. The food was good but nothing too special. But we didn't really expect anything else in a touristy place. Nice touch: every wine bottle was half price that night. Convenient and a place we would eat again on our way through.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, wine and view!4BamDined on 6/21/2014Dinner on the covered deck overlooking the sunset and Kent Narrows was delightful. The waiter knew his wine, the meals--both fresh fish and steak--were done to perfection. This will be our new stopping spot when we cross the Chesapeake Bay Bridge to the Eastern Shore.Special Features:
- Local favorite.Table4twoDined on 6/21/2014The food at bridges is always delish. We had a great seat on the covered deck to watch the sunset. Our server was tops. It is a little loud due to the all of the hard hatd surfaces and open layout so not a pick for "intimate". Great food good wine great seviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent mealOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/20/2014We had an excellent meal on the water. We were seated promptly upon arrival and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favoriteORRNVIPDined on 6/15/2014Great atmosphere, food & service. We are never disappointed when we return here. Highly recommend this restaurant - one of the best in the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Helpful staff, good foodSuzanneDined on 6/15/2014Our party of 6 was traveling separately in 3 groups, 1 group was held up in traffic so they arrived about 25 min. past our reservation time. The staff was friendly and accommodating in this situation which we really appreciated since it was a Fathers' Day celebration for my 89-year old father. The lunch menu offered a variety of options. All the food was well-prepared and tasty. We will probably meet there again.Special Features:
- Date night w/Trish & Vernon 6/14/14VJGreenVIPDined on 6/14/2014Great evening, explored a new menu, had a great dinner, with the best of service, what more could one ask for. CC (our server) was fantastic, and Michael the Manager (always checking with the customers) were two people who should be teaching classes on restaurant service!!! Calamari is prepared in house, and was light, tasty and not at all chewy. Crab Soup was the best in the area, served hot, plenty of crab and a lingering flavor that says "you made a wise choice" Crab cakes served over grilled corn hash with a light salad as the side was very tasty, and I the crab cake was flavorful and not at all dry. Milk Chocolate Caramel Cheesecake prepared on site as well as the Banana Pudding were very tasty desserts that made for a great finish.Special Features:
- Linda 19963Linda19963Dined on 6/14/2014On several occasions now, I have traveled approximately an hour from my home in Milford, Delaware to dine at what has become a very special restaurant. It is in the perfect location to meet our daughter who lives in Arlington, VA on those occasions when we want to connect personally without either of us making the two hour trip from her place to ours. We have never been disappointed except for a couple of Saturday nights, when my husband and I (after picking him up at BWI) stopped for a bite/drink on our drive back to Milford, DE. On every occasion, the restaurant was packed to overflowing with a long wait before we could be seated. That's why we now make reservation through "Open Table." Bridges is currently my very favorite restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, too noisyDottieDined on 6/12/2014Very good food, very good service. FAR TOO NOISY for a restaurant of this fare. As soon as we arrived I regretted choosing BRIDGES for our special occasion. Food is delicious, service is excellent, but noise level, whether inside or out is intolerable. We had to shout across our table to be heard. Will not return until this changes.Special Features:
- You can't eat the view!EatingoutDined on 6/7/2014Great view! That's about it. None of the food came out as it should have. One of us ordered soup while the others ordered appetizers. Her soup came out alone and she waited while we asked for our appetizers. They were ok when they finally arrived. I specifically asked the waitress to bring my entree without any hot sauce . Instead my dish came out with the hot sauce and my son's entree had no sauce at all. We waited so long for it that I just scraped it off. They did acknowledge their mistakes, though, took an entree off the bill and offered us free dessert. We declined the dessert just wanting to be on our way.Special Features:
- bridgesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014The food here is amazing! The four star rating is due to the fifteen minutes we waited at our table before our server greeted us. It was tough watching those who were seated after you being served before you. But after that hiccup everything was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Chesapeake dining spotJeffinAnnapolisVIPDined on 6/7/2014Great place to enjoy a fantastic meal and partake of the wonderful views from this well designed restaurant.Special Features:
- Even dogs allowed!55AndStillDined on 6/2/2014Wonderful food, outstanding service, gorgeous view of the bay and even dogs are allowed at the outside dining area!Special Features: