145 Nantasket Avenue
Hull, MA 02045Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://bridgemansrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7819256336x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Saturday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm Sunday12:00pm-3:00; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday Dinner: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full service off premises catering available
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining available up to seventy guests
- Private Party Contact: Joe LaSpada 7819256336x
- Entertainment: Entertainment Licence on premises no current bookings
- Special Events: View our newly remodeled outside Dining Area and Cocktails around our Firetable
A word from Bridgeman's Restaurant
Endless views of the Atlantic Ocean provide a stunning backdrop for the elegantly casual Bridgeman"s Restaurant. Expect to be dazzled by the hip atmosphere, inventive cuisine, and extensive wine list of this long-established South Shore dining destination. Its Central Italian Cuisine, expertly prepared in the open kitchen, can be enjoyed in either of the two dining rooms or at one of two bars. Newly remodeled outdoor dining is also an option please enjoy our new addition a Firetable.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Bridgeman's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Hull ›
Bridgeman's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
101 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (68)special occasion (58)romantic (46)fit for foodies (43)great for outdoor dining (42)neighborhood gem (34)good for groups (25)notable wine list (21)great for lunch (10)vibrant bar scene (5)hot spot (5)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Second time NOT a charmcbtexDined on 8/23/2014This was our second visit to Bridgeman's in the last month. First time was with a party of 6, this time with three. Food was excellent both times. However service and attitude was lacking. We had 8:00 reservations and were seated at 8:30 with no explanation or apology. I knocked a knife off the table. Handed it to the waiter and it was not replaced. I asked for a substitute salad and told this was not possible, only at full price. We ordered at 2011 vintage of Australian Shiraz and brought a 2013 bottle. I was told this was what they had and I could make another selection. I ordered Roast Long Island Duck and received only a breast. Molten chocolate cake came with no java ice cream listed on the menu.Special Features:
- Go somewhere elseOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/23/2014Serivce was extremely slow, i.e. an hour and a half to get our entrees! I ordered fried calamari. It was cold, I sent it back. When it came back hot, it had no sauce on it. I ordered crab cakes. They were fried, but described as "seared". They were shredded crab and mediocre. My dining partner ordered veal piccata. It looked like veal marsala, the sauce was dark brown and excessively lemony. You couldn't taste the veal.
- KelleyDined on 8/22/2014Have never had a bad meal here. Service is always stellar and they never rush you. Food is fantastic and the quality is exceptional for reasonable prices. Can't wait for my next meal there.Special Features:
- LOVE this restaurant!!!LZappiDined on 8/9/2014I can't say enough about this restaurant. This was our first visit and it was AWESOME!! The bartender was awesome, the waitstaff was awesome, the views were awesome, the outside firepit is awesome and the food was unbelievable!! My husband and I both got the New York Sirloin and it was to die for. We will definitely be back to this restaurant!!Special Features:
- Very nice, but...cbtexDined on 8/8/2014We had an excellent dinner. The restaurant is billed as Italian, but traditional Italian items are limited, but choice of fish is excellent. Food was well prepared and service attentive. One nit. One diner did not like his bread salad and only took a few bites. The waiter removed the salad but not the item from the bill.Special Features:
- Great RestarauntOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/6/2014Had a wonderful dinner with friends. Extremely friendly and helpful staff. Our server was fabulous with insight into the menu. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding but limited seatingOutstandingDined on 8/3/2014The food is delicious, and the service/environment is outstanding, but I was a little disappointed that the upstairs was closed without notice. Due to a special occasion, I requested an upstairs window seat but got there and was told upstairs was closed. They did accommodate well though, and I got a nice downstairs window seat, just without much of a view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeachloversDined on 8/3/2014Best view is on the second floor, which is part of the overall experience..... They do close the second floor so call ahead if your plans include a view!Special Features:
- Return visitFreedomDined on 8/2/2014Absolutely excellent. We will return for dinner again. I would like to try the outside dining. Weather permittingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Disappointed!!KepaDined on 8/1/2014This is our favorite restaurant!! My husband and I love to dine here whether it's a special occasion or just our Saturday night date night. We have NEVER had a bad experience here, the food is delicious, the staff is superior and honestly we have never once been disappointed dining here. We always go home happy and looking forward to our next visit. Don't miss out, if you love fine dining here it is.Special Features:
- ToniVIPDined on 8/1/2014Always great service, a nice variety of menu items with large and small portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Joe MJoeMVIPDined on 7/26/2014Excellent dining experiences from drinks on the patio, ocean view from the table and through dessert. Kim was great with waiting the table. Look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time and it didn't disappointMike67Dined on 7/26/2014Great food and service, I'd recommend getting a table on the second floor so you can enjoy a view of the ocean during dinner.Special Features:
- rainDined on 7/19/2014My food was good(seared scallops with risotto)...friends with us did not enjoy theirs as much. It was excessively noisy and although we were upstairs(which is better than first floor) we looked out on a parking lot before we could see the ocean. Our waitress was also somewhat rude. I would not rush back or recommend to friends.
- Fantastic Experience - But PriceyFoodieChickDined on 7/17/2014Everything about this place was amazing - the view, the food, the service. If you're looking for a good water view, request a table upstairs by the window. We had the perfect table tucked away in a corner with a spectacular view of the sunset. The service was top notch - our waitress was very attentive. The only down side to this place is the prices - many of the dishes are overpriced, so go in expecting to pay higher prices for things like Chicken Parm, which shouldn't be a $21 dish. Overall - great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a gem in nantasketjasonVADined on 7/16/2014Excellent service and ambiance. We've had the same waitress on all of our visits and really appreciate the friendly service. Wonderful food and wine selection. Its obvious how much care goes into each dish. We had a difficult time choosing from the menu! This is a great choice for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/15/2014we have been going to bridgeman's restaurant for a long time .this was the first time that I was disappointed in the meal. The grilled bruschetta came out as soggy bread with a cherry tomato salad on top. the haddock with lobster mashed potato was_ warm_ and there was actually one piece of lobster meat in the mashed potatoes. No longer my first place to bring out o town guests
- Gem on the ocean2ofakindVIPDined on 7/13/2014Nantasket beach is loaded with fried food restaurants. Bridgemans is the exception. If you want a fish fry you have 25 choices. If you want something special Bridgemans is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food with great servicemehrnazDined on 7/11/2014We went to this restaurant to celerate our 2nd year anniversary. We found the food great and the service was amazing. Our servant was a girl and I think she was new to her job but she was trying to do her best to serve us and make sure we enjoy the food and the vibe as much as possible. We recommend the place although it is a bit pricey.
- Lovely EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/11/2014Just the spot for a quiet dinner after a busy week. Our waiter was very knowledgeable about the menu. The lobster flat bread pizza was delicious as were our dinners of swordfish and haddock. If you want to see the ocean ask for a table upstairs. Tables by the windows are best but hard to come by. Even without the view we had a great dinner with lovely ambiance. I'm partial to white tablecloths so they were an extra treat. Drinks were tasty and potent. The wine list has a nice choice of half bottles which is something we don't see too often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect seaside diningOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/9/2014Joe and his team hit it out of the park every time. We love going there for special occasions and never feel rushed. While the standard menu is always solid, I highly recommend checking out the specials list. The tempura zucchini blossoms were amazing! And the chocolate Creme brûlée was the perfect finish when we thought we were already done. It's a special, seaside place and I only wish we could eat there more!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointedEdconsultVIPDined on 7/5/2014We wanted a place to celebrate a birthday near the ocean and figured this was a wonderful option. We all started with beet salads (very good) and the grilled calamari, which was more like steamed calamari on a salad. I was really excited b/c I can't eat carbs and when I heard the calamari wasn't breaded, I could actually eat it for a change! My favorite dish of this sort I have over and over in Panama is grilled octopus, which is really grilled and I could eat it for every meal! this paled in comparison. My entree was veal and it s tough and somewhat rubbery, although the sauce was good. Everyone else liked their entrees, the seafood fra diavolo the most, and two haddocks were "OK". Desserts were enjoyed. Meal was a bit pricey for mediocre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CherylDined on 6/28/2014Wonderful food, setting, service, location Menu and wine list fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodjamesDined on 6/28/2014Ambiance was very nice, service was excellent, food was good. Would recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerOutVIPDined on 6/28/2014We had a very good dinner at Bridgeman's. Food was excellent and we especially liked the Frutti Di Mare squid ink pasta. We had a very nice Italian wine with dinner. Desserts were delicious. The wait staff is always attentive and solicitous. What was particularly notable was the Executive Chef was ill and the other chefs filled admirably. It may have been slightly slower in the kitchen but quality was not compromised. They did a superb job.Special Features:
- DisappointingGirlsdayoutDined on 6/28/2014My first experience at Bridgeman's was at lunchtime - it was very nice. This time there were 8 of us at 6:30 on a Saturday evening, we had reservations. We ordered appetizers, they were good accept for the bruschetta - the wood fired bread was burnt and tasted terrible - we had to send it back. We then waited an hour and a half for our entrees. We then made the mistake of ordering dessert - we were told that the chocolate molten cake would take about 20 minutes; we waited 50 minutes for the desserts. If the waitress had been "savvy" I think she would have talked to the manager and at least have offered some kind of comp. We could not recommend this restaurant in the future.Special Features:
- DisappointingMelliniDined on 6/22/2014Bridgeman's has been a long-time favorite of ours, but it has changed over the last couple years. The food has declined, and the service, while still adequate, doesn't have the warmth that it once had. My veal piccata (a favorite of mine) was definitely NOT a piccata; rather than the light, lemon and white wine I'm accustomed to, the sauce was heavy, dark, and a bit meaty. Anyway, it's the 2nd or 3rd time we've been disappointed. It'll be awhile before we go back.Special Features:
- Would go back againMarkVIPDined on 6/21/2014I had made a reservation for what I thought was 4 people but as it turned out it was only for two. They were very accommodating and took us in right away. The service was great to start off with. We had drinks and appetizers which came out in a timely fashion. The salad special of the night was outstanding. The flatbread lobster appetizer was great as well. Then we had to wait for a very long time for the main course. They told us that they were just finishing up the swordfish which would have been the easiest to cook from our standpoint. Unfortunately when the food did come out the swordfish was still pink on the inside. That being said the rest of the foood was great and would definitely go back. They did comp the swordfish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleasant surprise!EricsmomDined on 6/14/2014We were going to Hull for to hear some music and decided to try Bridgeman's based on some good reviews. It was really a great find. We chose to sit outside on the patio and could watch the sun set (although not from our table). The food was really delicious. We had a lobster type bisque and the duck with figs. We don't eat a lot so we split everything and we both loved our meal. The cocktails also were made well and tasted great. I had a blackberry mojito which I highly recommend. After dinner we moved over to the fire area which is surrounded by comfortable and attractive seating. The waitress served us dessert -- rhubarb crunch (warm) with vanilla ice-cream. Yummy! This was a very romantic setting and the outside patio was fab!Special Features:
- Lots to LikeSparkleDined on 6/14/2014Bridgeman's is our new favorite place on the South Shore. Food is good - try the eggplant stack with spicy marinara sauce. We were lucky enough to get a window seat, which has a view of Nantasket Beach. White linen tablecloths give the restaurant an elegant feel. Service needs some work. Someone was at the door, but didn't seem to be greeting anyone. The waitress didn't go out of her way to check to see if we needed anything. Despite the mediocre service that night (we've been before and gotten great service), we'd still go back for the food and ambiance. I'd recommend reservations for a weekend evening.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceSSDinerDined on 6/7/2014Went for lunch for a family celebration and was very impressed. View was amazing! The food and service were what you would get at an upscale Boston restaurant. Food was impeccable and the service was spot-on.Special Features:
- so pleased!dianeVIPDined on 6/6/2014Wow, we have found a new favorite rest! The food was awesome! We enjoyed the Bruschetta with olive tapenade, my husband was thrilled with the whole belly clam app & my children devoured the mozzarella & salami sticks. We also, enjoyed the Shrimp Scampi & Linguine, so delicious just the right amount of butter. The Eggplant parm was perfect and even though there was no 'kids menu' in writing, our Server offered up their children's options, when she realized we were struggling to find something kid-friendly off the House Menu. Thanks you Lynne for giving us a great experience. The desserts were amazing, Tiramisu gelato filled profiteroles, berries and lemon crème, and of course crème Brulee. we're already planning our next visit!!!Special Features:
- Good to rediscoverOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/3/2014Hasn't been here in years but was really happy to return. Portions were almost to large. Don't skip the profitrrolesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian Food in HullJohnBetsyVIPDined on 6/1/2014This was our first visit to Bridgeman's and we were very pleasantly surprised. The quality of the food was very good, from the buttermilk ranch dressing on the salad to the dessert sampler of chocolate lava cake, strawberry rhubarb crisp and profiterole. I had sirloin steak and my wife had scallops, both of which were cooked to perfection. The restaurant was quiet when we first arrived at 5:15, but by 6:00 it had filled and there was a friendly crowd at the bar, but the noise never became intrusive. Our waitress was very attentive and we had a good ocean view from our table. The open kitchen and restrooms were spotlessly clean! This was a great find among the pizza and burger joints along Nantasket beach and we will definitely return.Special Features:
- Lovely experienceGirlsdayoutDined on 5/31/2014It was a girls' day out on Saturday there were 5 "girls" including a 6 year-old and a 7-year old. Our host and waiter were extremely friendly, the food was fabulous and the desserts were spectacular! It was a wonderful lunch and we look forward to dining there again.Special Features:
- Coming back soon!PickyPennyDined on 5/25/2014Took my sister who lives in San Francisco for a birthday dinner here. Everything was well prepared and good to the last bite. Tomatoe sauce on eggplant dish was zippy and particularly outstanding. Go for the sampler dessert which is large enough to share with one or two others. Yum!! The sunset view and gentle ocean breeze through the open windows in the upstairs dining room was an extra special treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food & serviceLizbsDined on 5/24/2014A little pricey for hull but nice to have an upscale restaurant on nantasket beachSpecial Features:
- The service was outstandingMyDineVIPDined on 5/24/2014We experienced the best service in memory. Everyone involved in serving us was professional, friendly, and had a perfect level of attentiveness . Large selection of food and wine offerings (our meals were excellent) and a nice view of the ocean from all seating. The noise level was energetic and fun and the only criticism I have was the music piped in was too loud and unnecessary - it diminished our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will definitely visit againDanifDined on 5/23/2014We were given a gift certificate to the restaurant. Was not familiar with it at all and will definitely be returning. The crab cakes were some of the best I have ever had (and I grew up in Maryland). The fried dough dessert was fabulous. Service was great. Everyone checked in in you and made sure to help each other's table out. The view over the oven from the second floor dining room was beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic DinnerbrymooDined on 5/17/2014We made reservations for dinner for after the theatre in Norwell. I was not sure what to expect, and sometimes trying a new restaurant is hit or miss. Well this one was a hit! Food was great, service top notch, and the wine selection was exceptional. We were a party of 5 and not rushed at all. We took our time and enjoyed the dinner and company. Highly recommended!!Special Features: