145 Nantasket Avenue
Hull, MA 02045Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://bridgemansrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (781) 925-6336
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Saturday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm Sunday12:00pm-3:00; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday Dinner: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full service off premises catering available
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining available up to seventy guests
- Private Party Contact: Joe LaSpada 7819256336x
- Entertainment: Entertainment Licence on premises no current bookings
- Special Events: View our newly remodeled outside Dining Area and Cocktails around our Firetable
A word from Bridgeman's Restaurant
Endless views of the Atlantic Ocean provide a stunning backdrop for the elegantly casual Bridgeman"s Restaurant. Expect to be dazzled by the hip atmosphere, inventive cuisine, and extensive wine list of this long-established South Shore dining destination. Its Central Italian Cuisine, expertly prepared in the open kitchen, can be enjoyed in either of the two dining rooms or at one of two bars. Newly remodeled outdoor dining is also an option please enjoy our new addition a Firetable.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Bridgeman's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Hull ›
Bridgeman's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (33)special occasion (31)fit for foodies (28)great for outdoor dining (23)romantic (22)neighborhood gem (22)good for groups (15)notable wine list (9)great for lunch (5)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014everything was perfect, food was great, service.... the only drawback was we felt like we were being pushed out the door when they closed at 11.Special Features:
- Storm watchingFoodiegirlVIPDined on 11/1/2014Food was excellent. Had the mussels and spinach salad. Waiter was perfect. Watched the waves coming over the seawall in a warm and cozy dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodlankskeDined on 11/1/2014We had a fabulous dinner in a very nice setting. The waitress was very friendly, so was the host. The food was great, they had no problem substituting something on the menu. The noise level was not bad we were able to have a conversation without the need of raising our voices. Great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining with a viewHelenLouVIPDined on 11/1/2014Bridgeman's is a perfect restaurant for a special occasion. The service is exceptional, and the food is consistently superb.Special Features:
- Always Great!FiveAndDineDined on 10/25/2014The food here always impresses and the owners create a warm and welcoming atmosphere that extends to everyone. I have been here on and off over the course of two decades and the food is consistently excellent. New Zealand lamb special was tremendous this weekend as was the popular eggplant stack! Fun for groups and romantic for couples - a great spot!Special Features:
- Great food and great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/25/2014Appetizers were delicious. Main courses were unique and seasonal with very interesting flavor combinations. The sauces were unbelievable. Rivals many of the top restaurants in Boston. The desserts and cocktails were fun and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014The dinner at Bridgeman's was delicious. The Italian "Nachos" were outstanding. Ordered the Haddock just for the Lobster Mashed potato. The lobster mashed potato did not disappoint. My friend order the Cod with pesto mashed potato. The cod melted in my mouth!Special Features:
- Dark and stormy night!BarbDDined on 10/23/2014A great night with the rain coming down and wind howling so warm and cozy inside! Great window side table excellent service great food and great friends made for a great nite! Don't miss the italian "nachos!"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BobBDined on 10/19/2014My wife and I celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary and it was great! Service, decor and food were wonderful and we would highly recommend this restuarant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ToniVIPDined on 10/11/2014I asked for a table upstairs by the windows we were not seated there. There were tables open by the window. I did not ask for the table assuming it was being held for a reservation, that was not the case. At this restaurant a table for two in the middle of the floor is not very comfortable and small feeling.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014Food was scrumptious! Service warm and the right balance of helpful and discrete. Our table was in the middle of the room and it was hard to hear each other. Other than that - an excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem on Nantasket beachmirnixDined on 9/28/2014Bridgeman's was recommended by foodies friends of us and we were not disappointed! The food was excellent and I would recommend it to anyone looking for fine food with a great atmosphere close to the ocean. The outdoor patio with lounging area with gaz firepit is a very nice added feature. Disclosure: we had dinner on a Sunday evening at 7:30PM: the restaurant was very quiet, which was welcomed for us as we came with a 4 week old in his stroller.Special Features:
- OutstandingDebbieDined on 9/27/2014Service and food were excellent. We love sitting outside when the weather is good. The owners and wait staff are always very friendly. Would recommend this restraunt for any occasion .Special Features:
- Perfect from start to finish!FloydDined on 9/25/2014This anniversary celebration dinner was perfect from start to finish. Great scallop appetizer, refreshing salad with just the right amount of dressing, chicken parmigiana and haddock entrees both delicious, and exquisite profiteroles for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GrifgriffDined on 9/20/2014We have been to Bridgeman's on a number of occasions. The food and service are excellent.Special Features:
- WinnerDined on 9/12/2014Service was excellent, food very good. Tables are very close together. Hard to have a personal conversation.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/6/2014they were very accommodating as wewer to eat outsideand a storm came up. overall experience wasverypleasantSpecial Features:
- KelleyDined on 8/22/2014Have never had a bad meal here. Service is always stellar and they never rush you. Food is fantastic and the quality is exceptional for reasonable prices. Can't wait for my next meal there.Special Features:
- LOVE this restaurant!!!LZappiDined on 8/9/2014I can't say enough about this restaurant. This was our first visit and it was AWESOME!! The bartender was awesome, the waitstaff was awesome, the views were awesome, the outside firepit is awesome and the food was unbelievable!! My husband and I both got the New York Sirloin and it was to die for. We will definitely be back to this restaurant!!Special Features:
- Very nice, but...cbtexDined on 8/8/2014We had an excellent dinner. The restaurant is billed as Italian, but traditional Italian items are limited, but choice of fish is excellent. Food was well prepared and service attentive. One nit. One diner did not like his bread salad and only took a few bites. The waiter removed the salad but not the item from the bill.Special Features:
- Great RestarauntOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/6/2014Had a wonderful dinner with friends. Extremely friendly and helpful staff. Our server was fabulous with insight into the menu. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding but limited seatingOutstandingDined on 8/3/2014The food is delicious, and the service/environment is outstanding, but I was a little disappointed that the upstairs was closed without notice. Due to a special occasion, I requested an upstairs window seat but got there and was told upstairs was closed. They did accommodate well though, and I got a nice downstairs window seat, just without much of a view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeachloversDined on 8/3/2014Best view is on the second floor, which is part of the overall experience..... They do close the second floor so call ahead if your plans include a view!Special Features:
- Return visitFreedomDined on 8/2/2014Absolutely excellent. We will return for dinner again. I would like to try the outside dining. Weather permittingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Disappointed!!KepaDined on 8/1/2014This is our favorite restaurant!! My husband and I love to dine here whether it's a special occasion or just our Saturday night date night. We have NEVER had a bad experience here, the food is delicious, the staff is superior and honestly we have never once been disappointed dining here. We always go home happy and looking forward to our next visit. Don't miss out, if you love fine dining here it is.Special Features:
- ToniVIPDined on 8/1/2014Always great service, a nice variety of menu items with large and small portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Joe MJoeMVIPDined on 7/26/2014Excellent dining experiences from drinks on the patio, ocean view from the table and through dessert. Kim was great with waiting the table. Look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time and it didn't disappointMike67Dined on 7/26/2014Great food and service, I'd recommend getting a table on the second floor so you can enjoy a view of the ocean during dinner.Special Features:
- The following 379 reviews are from the Bridgeman's Restaurant reviews archive.
- rainDined on 7/19/2014My food was good(seared scallops with risotto)...friends with us did not enjoy theirs as much. It was excessively noisy and although we were upstairs(which is better than first floor) we looked out on a parking lot before we could see the ocean. Our waitress was also somewhat rude. I would not rush back or recommend to friends.
- Fantastic Experience - But PriceyFoodieChickDined on 7/17/2014Everything about this place was amazing - the view, the food, the service. If you're looking for a good water view, request a table upstairs by the window. We had the perfect table tucked away in a corner with a spectacular view of the sunset. The service was top notch - our waitress was very attentive. The only down side to this place is the prices - many of the dishes are overpriced, so go in expecting to pay higher prices for things like Chicken Parm, which shouldn't be a $21 dish. Overall - great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a gem in nantasketjasonVADined on 7/16/2014Excellent service and ambiance. We've had the same waitress on all of our visits and really appreciate the friendly service. Wonderful food and wine selection. Its obvious how much care goes into each dish. We had a difficult time choosing from the menu! This is a great choice for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/15/2014we have been going to bridgeman's restaurant for a long time .this was the first time that I was disappointed in the meal. The grilled bruschetta came out as soggy bread with a cherry tomato salad on top. the haddock with lobster mashed potato was_ warm_ and there was actually one piece of lobster meat in the mashed potatoes. No longer my first place to bring out o town guests
- Gem on the ocean2ofakindVIPDined on 7/13/2014Nantasket beach is loaded with fried food restaurants. Bridgemans is the exception. If you want a fish fry you have 25 choices. If you want something special Bridgemans is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food with great servicemehrnazDined on 7/11/2014We went to this restaurant to celerate our 2nd year anniversary. We found the food great and the service was amazing. Our servant was a girl and I think she was new to her job but she was trying to do her best to serve us and make sure we enjoy the food and the vibe as much as possible. We recommend the place although it is a bit pricey.
- Lovely EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/11/2014Just the spot for a quiet dinner after a busy week. Our waiter was very knowledgeable about the menu. The lobster flat bread pizza was delicious as were our dinners of swordfish and haddock. If you want to see the ocean ask for a table upstairs. Tables by the windows are best but hard to come by. Even without the view we had a great dinner with lovely ambiance. I'm partial to white tablecloths so they were an extra treat. Drinks were tasty and potent. The wine list has a nice choice of half bottles which is something we don't see too often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect seaside diningWhyanameVIPDined on 7/9/2014Joe and his team hit it out of the park every time. We love going there for special occasions and never feel rushed. While the standard menu is always solid, I highly recommend checking out the specials list. The tempura zucchini blossoms were amazing! And the chocolate Creme brûlée was the perfect finish when we thought we were already done. It's a special, seaside place and I only wish we could eat there more!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointedEdconsultVIPDined on 7/5/2014We wanted a place to celebrate a birthday near the ocean and figured this was a wonderful option. We all started with beet salads (very good) and the grilled calamari, which was more like steamed calamari on a salad. I was really excited b/c I can't eat carbs and when I heard the calamari wasn't breaded, I could actually eat it for a change! My favorite dish of this sort I have over and over in Panama is grilled octopus, which is really grilled and I could eat it for every meal! this paled in comparison. My entree was veal and it s tough and somewhat rubbery, although the sauce was good. Everyone else liked their entrees, the seafood fra diavolo the most, and two haddocks were "OK". Desserts were enjoyed. Meal was a bit pricey for mediocre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CherylDined on 6/28/2014Wonderful food, setting, service, location Menu and wine list fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodjamesDined on 6/28/2014Ambiance was very nice, service was excellent, food was good. Would recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerOutVIPDined on 6/28/2014We had a very good dinner at Bridgeman's. Food was excellent and we especially liked the Frutti Di Mare squid ink pasta. We had a very nice Italian wine with dinner. Desserts were delicious. The wait staff is always attentive and solicitous. What was particularly notable was the Executive Chef was ill and the other chefs filled admirably. It may have been slightly slower in the kitchen but quality was not compromised. They did a superb job.Special Features: