216 N. El Camino Real
San Clemente, CA 92672Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.brickpizzeria.com/
- Phone: 9494291199x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Brick Pizzeria
Brick Pizzeria is committed to delivering high quality, local and sustainable ingredients that transform into a unique and seasonal cuisine. Hand crafted cocktails, carefully selected Domestic & Italian wines & beers will complete your dining experience. A warm, welcome-home feeling awaits you at the steps of Brick. Our attention to detail and inviting setting will most certainly leave a lasting impressionContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Brick Pizzeria reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (26)neighborhood gem (24)kid-friendly (18)good for groups (15)great for lunch (14)great for outdoor dining (8)hot spot (6)special occasion (5)great for brunch (3)late-night find (3)notable wine list (3)scenic view (2)romantic (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- BrickmoblaVIPDined on 8/28/2014We went early, 4:30pm, there were 4 of us we started out with the zucchini blossoms, dates and pizza antipasti and a farmer salad. All were delicious. then we moved onto a farmers pizza, Mary's chicken, pork chops and a caesar salad. Good size portions and the food was delicious. I do agree with another reviewer who commented that the croutons were too garlicy. Great dinner, we will go back.Special Features:
- Gluten-free too!Bearfoot60Dined on 8/23/2014This was a fun new find. We met with some friends and the staff was very accommodating to our needs. Staff was friendly and attentive without being overbearing. The best part was, they had GF options for all of their menu items! Food was excellent as well. Definite will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedhfiersDined on 8/20/2014While visiting San Clemente found this pizzeria. Not enough wait staff. Very disappointed in pizza quality. Crust tough (hard to cut and eat) and not satisfied with toppings.
- Was surpised - expected betterLindaVIPDined on 8/20/2014Passing through San Clemente, we chose this place based on reviews in Trip Advisor. It was ok, but certainly did not provide any special pizza. It was ok, but not great. I did not care for the ambience. (there was none).Special Features:
- Always GreatiHarryVIPDined on 8/8/2014We have eaten here several times and Brick NEVER disappoints! The food and service are always top notch. The pizzas are fantastic and there isn't anything on the menu I haven't loved.Special Features:
- Great vibe, exceptional wine listdfredmanDined on 8/2/2014Brick Pizzeria was recommended to us as one of the best new restaurants in OC. The clientele was a blend of surfer dudes, date-night couples, and kids. It's NOT a restaurant for a quiet romantic evening, but the energy level excuses the noise level, for better or worse. The small (40 wines?) wine list is a well-selected gem, with an okay by-the-glass selection. Interesting artisanal, food friendly Italian wines from out-of-the way places are offered at very reasonable prices, encouraging experimentation by the diner. Excellent beer selection too. The pizzas were great, greens salad well composed, and zucchini blossoms divine. We'll be back the next time we're in OC.Special Features:
- ElisabettaDined on 8/1/2014I loved their grilled peach salad. Amazed by their creativity in the menu and authentic Italian ingredients.Special Features:
- Brick was FantasticstarliteDined on 7/31/2014Dined here with 2 children and 3 adults. The kids loved their food. The adults ordered entrees and shared. The meatballs are to die for...Ravioli were the best.....the kids kept wanting more food from the adult entrees.....they devoured their pasta and meatball dinner. We have one great eater and one very fussy eater, and the fussy eater wanted more....they loved the ravioli. The ceasar salad was perfect, fresh and perfectly dressed. The brick chicken was wonderful. Our waiter Eric, was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just what I was looking forDiscerningDinerVIPDined on 7/27/2014I'd heard good things about this place and was eager to try it. I wasn't disappointed. The food was plentiful, good tasting and presented nicely. I would go more often but I live 65 miles away. It's worth the trip though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabuloousSchatzieDined on 7/25/2014The food is awesome here. Pizza may be the focus, but the salads and the pastas are amazing. Wonderful variety, great comfortable place with the best food. Great bartender too.Special Features:
- Jvinsanclemente4daysinscDined on 7/21/2014The service was lacking. Our server was nice but not attentive. Several tables were seated and then never helped so they left.
- Let's Get RealIrvieDined on 7/19/2014A nice place, no parking,, be prepared to look for a spot on the weekend. Have a martini when you finally sit down and things will be much better. DO YOU REALLY THINK THIS IS ONE OF THE 10 BEST RESTAURANTS IN O.C.? THE food is good but not exceptional, i ordered the hangar steak Medium and it came out more well done ,small portion , the pizza had too much on it the crust was very good, the pasta and veal had very little veal and lots of noodles tasted like shredded meat over noodles a little too greasy,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner is superbLifeisgoodVIPDined on 7/14/2014We usually eat here for lunch but decided to come on in for dinner on a Monday. John's Hanger steak was so tender he could cut it with a fork. This also came with a delicious ( yes he let me try some!) Gorgonzola cream and kale gnocchi. There was a pork chop special that night that was superb. 2 chops that had a nice char but tender and moist on the inside. This was served in a cast iron skillet with really flavorful beans and kale. Loved the crusty beans at the bottom of the pan, much like the crispy rice at then bottom of a paella pan. Note to self, need to go to dinner here more often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/12/2014Food & drinks were great and prices were reasonable. Warning: BIG portions. Our server,friendly and apologetic, appeared to be new & overwhelmed with our large party - service mistakes were made. Will most likely return and hopefully the service was a 1 night fluke.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experienceStarshipdrvrDined on 7/12/2014Brick was awesome!! Great food choices, very fresh veggies, delicious salad and great drink selection. Would definitely recommend it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014The restaurant was very hot no air conditioning and no fans I was sweating eating my dinner. It took a long time to get our food and it was not very tasty. The pizza was good but the other dishes were not very disappointing since we had out of town friends visiting :(
- Fun night outGottaGoOutDined on 6/28/2014We loved the menu and the unique offerings that reflect the season. The wait staff was very attentive and friendly. We will be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Appetizer at BRICKLifeisgoodVIPDined on 6/12/2014Had a new appetizer at lunch and it is absolutely divine! It was a Roasted Figs Antipasti made with Robiola Cheese, Shallot-Fennel Agrodolce, and served with Grilled House-made Focaccia. Great combination of salty and sweet and wonderful textures. We think Chef David Pratt is a creative genius when constructing his dishes. If you have not been to the BRICK yet you really must try this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceRobertMDined on 6/8/2014Our waiter was very good along with the cute blonde haired hostess Kirsten. Food was very good and presented nicely. Really like the interior of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/25/2014Wondrful food, service has improved.....Will return soon...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bdaugDined on 5/23/2014pizza choices looked amazing, but i had one of the best chicken dishes i've ever had. Came in a searing pan, sunchokes and all sort of delicious ingredients. Healthy, too. Great ambiance.Special Features:
- More than just a pizzeriaViking85Dined on 5/22/2014Brick has great gourmet pizzas, but we loved the zucchini blossoms and their home made meatballs the most. We were disappointed, but not surprised that they were out of their pork chops. Apparently the pork chops are house butchered by the chef and they serve them until they run out. We arrived for dinner at 7pm on a Thursday and they were already sold out. We will arrive earlier next time in hopes of getting pork chops. I read some reviews that said it was expensive, but we found it quite reasonably priced for the quality of the food served. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome service. Excellent food!CaFoodieDined on 5/16/2014One great find... Very nice people, creative and tasty food... All the things you look for in a nice place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Closed due to Success!TheCustomerDined on 5/12/2014The Brick claims to be an OC Top 10 restaurant (but voted #3 in SC), obviously successful. I made a reservation. I showed up for the reservation... And was met by a closed restaurant and a little sign that said "Closed because of a successful Mothers Day". Congratulations on your success! But hey, let me know before next time - The Brick is pretty tasty, but there are TONS of other GREAT places to eat within a few feet. When I think of pizza, the Brick is no longer my #1 place... I also now think of Italian and Mexican and a Deli and... Email me back - Let me know!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/10/2014Our waitress was great. It was our first time at the restaurant so she took the time to go over the menu in detail. Unfortunately, I can't remember her name but she had long dark hair. The problem, however, was when the food was served, not by her, but by a young man who just sort of plopped it on the table. As usual when the food is served, we all needed a little attention (extra spoon, chili pepper for pizza, etc.) and the young man was NOT interested in helping us. We had to ask several times to get the little extras we needed. As a result of this, I'm only giving the restaurant two stars for service.Special Features:
- The following 142 reviews are from the Brick Pizzeria reviews archive.
- Brick's a brickmaxforceDined on 5/2/2014If you're a brick your a solid, count on it kind of friend. That's Brick for me. Exceptional food and attention from staff. Great drinks. Lively atmosphere. Never disappoints.Special Features:
- New Pasta DishLifeisgoodVIPDined on 5/2/2014There is a new wheat pasta dish that is heavenly: Khorasan Wheat Pici Pasta with Braised Artichokes, Castelveltrano Olives, Heirloom Cherry Tomatoes, Preserved Meyer Lemon, Herbs and Burrata Cheese and Topped with Fried Baby Artichokes. This is another winner from the creative genius of Chef David Pratt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meatballs ever!Jwalk327Dined on 4/26/2014Had a recent dinner there with my wife and we ordered the Carbonara ( outstanding) and the meatballs with a side of spaghetti. The meatballs were perhaps the best I have ever had. Very large and dense with great flavor served in a skillet fresh out of the brick oven. Phenomenal.Special Features:
- Friday, April 25, 2014OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014Food was good. Love the neighborhood feel of the restaurant. Service was slow. When our server finally arrived she apologized about how long we had to wait. We ordered drinks and they took at least ten minutes to arrive. She apologized again. She finally came and took our food order and apologized a third time. Business was brisk, but not more than I would expect for a Friday night. If it was that slammed, someone in management should have been making a good-will tour of the establishment, but we did not see such an effort.
- Wont be back!! Rude staffOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/24/2014I'm having a blast visiting all our new restaurants in San Clemente. Myself, wife, kids, my cousin and his wife & kids visited the Brick. We've have all been waiters/bar tenders while attending college, we know the difficulties of the job, however our first impression was good, but things declined rapidly. Our waiter (Gab) was good, but perhaps overwhelmed/under staffed. Gabs runner/assistant was horrible. We ordered 4 appetizers. When appetizer's arrived we asked for plates, she seemed bothered by our request!! In fact she was rude. Appetizers were bland, salads bland as well. We were never offered ground pepper for $16 dollar salads, nor offered salt. No condiments available what so ever. Ice tea never refilled. Bad experience. $225 bill
- Perfect!YiayiaDined on 4/24/2014A late lunch in San Clemente proved to be a palate pleasing experience. The dressing on the Caesar Salad was perfectly blended, the greens were crisp and the croutons were deliciously housemade. The enormous meatballs were spicy (Calabrian chili pepper), but authentically Italian! The side of spaghetti was served al dente and the sauce was exquisite. Our waiter Kevin was personable, knowlegable and attentive. This is a small restaurant with a few tables facing the street, and a great place to visit with friends over an unhurried lunch.Special Features:
- Great as always!JuicyBitesDined on 4/19/2014I never have anything but DELICIOUS food at Brick. It is so nice to have a local place that you can get such good quality farm to table food in a casual and fun environment at a price that won't break the bank. Great wine, phenomenal pizza, fabulous artisan pastas, and the BEST caesar salad around. I can't get enough of this place!Special Features:
- Still in love with BrickLifeisgoodVIPDined on 4/7/2014It is so great to see a Chef who keeps true to their vision of seasonal and sustainable food. We usually have whatever is special for that day. However, we had never had the meatballs here and oh, what we were missing all this time! You can tell the chef is grinding his own meat for this and making such a wonderful flavor combination. Even the small serving with the fresh focaccia was too big to finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful place - - afterRoscoeVIPDined on 4/7/2014wonderful place - - after having a great lunch with work associates, plan to take wife there for dinner. Like the idea of chef/owner being right there - was able to stike up meaningful, if brief conversation. Gets my vote of approval!Special Features:
- It's nice to see this gemFoodIsJoyVIPDined on 4/4/2014It's nice to see this gem doing well. We love the pizzas, anything involving pork (the owner butchers his own hogs) and the farm fresh produce. This time around I had the Salsiccia pizza and my husband had the papardelle, along with a farmer's salad. All were delicious. The Zabaglione for dessert was a good way to wrap it all up - delicious but not overly filling after a carb-heavy meal. Service is friendly and attentive, especially once you realize that the server is using an ordering app on her phone and not texting while taking your order...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pizza was very very good.RonlDined on 4/4/2014Pizza was very very good. The pasta was fresh and prepared perfectly. The pork dishes were outstanding. The dessert were excellent. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trying too hard to attract foodiesScottDined on 4/1/2014Beer menu was good, atmosphere was very good, but the pizza selections leaved something to be desired. While they had fresh ingredients they could not honor my friends request for a simple sausage and pepperoni. They finally made a build your own version, bug it was bland. I was hoping to find a new happy hour spot to bring my employees, but think they missed e mark with food. One last complaint, with our party of 7, they added a 20% gratuity without letting me know! which felt like they were hoping a double tip.Special Features:
- Fantastic salads!KittyCaliVIPDined on 3/30/2014Salads were large and the lettuces really fresh and crisp. We thought they'd be small, but were surprised how big they were. The pizzas, however, were unimpressive. Very thin crusts that were floppy and wet from the over-abundance of sauce put on them.Special Features:
- Took a long time to get our dinnerloraneDined on 3/29/2014We've been here twice. The second time it took a LOONG time for our food to arrive. Another couple came and went before our food arrived. Compared to the pizza place across the street, this is a definite upgrade. I'd call this an upscale-ish pizza parlour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itSparkieDined on 3/23/2014I have stood by as they worked out their opening jitters and service issues. The food has always been a joy! The BEST Ceasar Sakad with the most buttery beautiful and fresh greens that are ALWAYS perfect. So many great dishes! Chicken in a skillet and their Fig and prosciutto pizza fantastic! The service now is fantastic and personal. I always bring my guests there. Thumbs up!!!!Special Features: