216 N. El Camino Real
San Clemente, CA 92672Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.brickpizzeria.com/
- Phone: (949) 429-1199
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Brick Pizzeria
Brick Pizzeria is committed to delivering high quality, local and sustainable ingredients that transform into a unique and seasonal cuisine. Hand crafted cocktails, carefully selected Domestic & Italian wines & beers will complete your dining experience. A warm, welcome-home feeling awaits you at the steps of Brick. Our attention to detail and inviting setting will most certainly leave a lasting impressionContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Brick Pizzeria - Best Restaurants in San Clemente ›
Brick Pizzeria reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (38)fit for foodies (28)kid-friendly (26)great for lunch (18)good for groups (17)hot spot (8)great for outdoor dining (8)vibrant bar scene (5)notable wine list (4)special occasion (3)scenic view (3)late-night find (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Best marinara sauce ever!ItalianNonnaDined on 11/6/2014I am from a long line of Italians who have contests for the best marinara sauce! Brick's is by far the best I've tasted! Meatball entree is outstanding as well as the Caesar salad. And, of course, the pizza selections are unusual and very tasty. Love the thin crust and wood fired taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodgyromeVIPDined on 11/1/2014But it was really TOO LOUD. I don't understand how people can enjoy themselves in this kind of atmosphere.Special Features:
- LoboVIPDined on 10/26/2014Good selection of pizzas and salads. Nice place to lunch. We had wonderful service.Special Features:
- Maybe More Stars Next Time???OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014I took my fiance here with my son on Monday for his birthday, little did we know it was Monday Night Football. However, that ended up being a great thing. Buy 1, get 1 pizza free. What a great start to a great looking place! However, our service was sub par on many levels. We waited on our water. We never got the parmesan we asked for the first time for our 3 year old son. However, our neighbors gave us theirs. We had to ask for my fiance's Iced Tea refill both times. Our server just wasn't available for the most part. She was quick to give us advice on an appetizer. However, she didn't wait for me to finish my question. Overall, it would be a 3 star rating. However, I know this place is worth more. Maybe she was just having a bad day.Special Features:
- MomarMomarDined on 10/19/2014The meatballs were terrific! Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pasta for days...SommPaulDined on 10/14/2014We went to brick for a goodbye dinner for a co worker and were blown away. This is the third time I've eaten at Brick and the best yet (although the others were good as well...) Chef David took a few minutes to tell us about some of the produce and where it was coming from and we went with his recommendation on the squash to start to go with our Farm Egg Raviolos. Both dishes were simple and pure, focusing on the freshness and quality of the ingredients. The Buccatini and Carbonara we followed with raised the bar even higher with freshness of pasta and seamless melding of flavors. By the time the Farm and Funghi pizzas came we thought we were slowing down, but just couldn't stop. Service was uncomplicated and thoughtful. Loved it!Special Features:
- KC3955Dined on 10/11/2014We were entertaining a couple from work who live in Irvine. We had been to the Brick a number of times as we own a beach house in San Clemente but our guests had never been. The evening was a great success, the service was second to none and the food was outstanding.Special Features:
- Will not return...ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014Food is average at best and service was horrible. I was a server myself for over 8 years, so I never would write a review about bad service, unless it was as bad as it was the other night. They were slow and they could not get the timing of the food coming out right if their lives depended on it. They were bringing out each dish as it was ready. My daughter received her pasta before anyone even had a drink! I had to send back three times and let them know we like to eat together as a family. And they still could not get it right. I have given this restaurant several chances and each time I return it is worse. It is unfortunate.
- Birthday CelebrationRevDaveVIPDined on 10/10/2014There were 8 of and we were seated at the round table on the deck. Our server, Haley, did an awesome job. We started off with a few appetizers followed by the Caesar Salad that we shared. I like the way the menu is set up with two size choices. One is a single portion and the other is meant for sharing. BTW their Gelato is to die for. We will be backSpecial Features:
- 4theluvoffoodDined on 10/4/2014Food was good but not as good as last visit year ago - they need to do something about the room temp - very uncomfortable - turn on the air!Special Features:
- Nice Friday nightOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/3/2014The food offerings are very Tuscan. A little dry on the pastas and pizzas came out with the crust a bit over done. But still very enjoyable.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new dishesLifeisgoodVIPDined on 9/27/2014Fall is here so the roasted squash appetizer is back as well as the tri color salad, two of our fall favorite. But Chef Pratt did not stop there. There are many new items this fall to include a new favorite: Duck ragu and hen of the woods mushrooms and Marscopone on cocoa buccatini. This dish screams fall. We love the way Chef Pratt reinterprets each season, bring back some favorites but always adding new one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the new MenuLifeisgoodVIPDined on 9/27/2014As Chef Pratt cooks with local items whenever he can, this menu has changed for the fall veges and heartier meals. Some items that are back are the tri color salad and the acorn squash with burrata, balsamic and hazelnuts. We found the new items very intriguing and very tasty. The new duck ragu on cocoa bucatinni screams fall in such a nice way. We can't wait to see how this fall menu develops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nodecenttomatosDined on 9/25/2014Service was prompt and friendly. Noise level was pretty high making it difficult to carry on a conversation. The dining area was too hot - uncomfortably so. Food was prepared nicely and presentation was fine. The food however was bland, not well seasoned. I might give them a 2nd chance.
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/19/2014Food is great, the chef really takes pride in his work. It is kid friendly, so chose the out door patio if you go with kids (its enclosed and heated).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Gluten FreeGregVIPDined on 9/14/2014Excellent gluten free pizza. Worth the hour drive. The sausage dates were also great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious pizzaRileylucyDined on 9/6/2014Loved the pizza and zucchini blossoms appetizer. We will be back .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food with a Dab of PettynessTipofTheTongueDined on 9/6/2014Their meatballs are absolutely terrific. Combined with their spaghetti you have a meal. Date appetizer was an inventive combo of savory(sausage)/sweet (dates)/savory(prosciutto). Pizzas above average but not "ta die foah" Service good. Was going to have one of their other pastas but the complex sauce (which sounded delicious) was heavier than I had a taste for that evening. Server went to consult kitchen and I was told they could do it for a $4.50 upcharge. REALLY?! I could understand if I was asking for a complex sauce substituting for a simple marinara, but c'mon, the prices are already on the premium here. Seemed petty to me.Special Features:
- Mighty Meatballs!!!BarkusDined on 9/6/2014The zucchini flowers were lightly battered and scrumptious! The pizza was awesome, BUT the meatballs were OUT OF THIS WORLD! A must share plate for the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Italian FoodSuzyQDined on 9/5/2014Excellent Ceasar salad w/ chicken (chicken was very tender) I really loved the flavor of the 4 cheese pizza & my husband ( who is Italian & an excellent cook which makes him a tough critic) Loved the food. The only problem we initially had was that no one had told our waitress we had been seated....it was obvious she hadn't been told ( not her fault.....she was fabulous) so we initially waited longer to order than should have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun for kids, and adultsSeattleTransplantDined on 9/2/2014Great local pizzeria with a sophisticated menu for adults, but also a create-your-own pizza for the kiddos. They had a nice bar that would be great for nibbles and a glass of beer on tap or wine. They also have plenty of gluten-free options.Special Features:
- BrickmoblaVIPDined on 8/28/2014We went early, 4:30pm, there were 4 of us we started out with the zucchini blossoms, dates and pizza antipasti and a farmer salad. All were delicious. then we moved onto a farmers pizza, Mary's chicken, pork chops and a caesar salad. Good size portions and the food was delicious. I do agree with another reviewer who commented that the croutons were too garlicy. Great dinner, we will go back.Special Features:
- Gluten-free too!Bearfoot60Dined on 8/23/2014This was a fun new find. We met with some friends and the staff was very accommodating to our needs. Staff was friendly and attentive without being overbearing. The best part was, they had GF options for all of their menu items! Food was excellent as well. Definite will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedhfiersDined on 8/20/2014While visiting San Clemente found this pizzeria. Not enough wait staff. Very disappointed in pizza quality. Crust tough (hard to cut and eat) and not satisfied with toppings.
- Was surpised - expected betterLindaVIPDined on 8/20/2014Passing through San Clemente, we chose this place based on reviews in Trip Advisor. It was ok, but certainly did not provide any special pizza. It was ok, but not great. I did not care for the ambience. (there was none).Special Features:
- Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/13/2014We were there in August and there was a large party that was finishing in the restaurant. The hostess assured us that this would not affect our meal. We waiting 1.5 hours for our pizzas to come and there were no apologies until we complained. Poor service.
- Always GreatiHarryVIPDined on 8/8/2014We have eaten here several times and Brick NEVER disappoints! The food and service are always top notch. The pizzas are fantastic and there isn't anything on the menu I haven't loved.Special Features:
- Great vibe, exceptional wine listdfredmanDined on 8/2/2014Brick Pizzeria was recommended to us as one of the best new restaurants in OC. The clientele was a blend of surfer dudes, date-night couples, and kids. It's NOT a restaurant for a quiet romantic evening, but the energy level excuses the noise level, for better or worse. The small (40 wines?) wine list is a well-selected gem, with an okay by-the-glass selection. Interesting artisanal, food friendly Italian wines from out-of-the way places are offered at very reasonable prices, encouraging experimentation by the diner. Excellent beer selection too. The pizzas were great, greens salad well composed, and zucchini blossoms divine. We'll be back the next time we're in OC.Special Features:
- ElisabettaDined on 8/1/2014I loved their grilled peach salad. Amazed by their creativity in the menu and authentic Italian ingredients.Special Features:
- Brick was FantasticstarliteDined on 7/31/2014Dined here with 2 children and 3 adults. The kids loved their food. The adults ordered entrees and shared. The meatballs are to die for...Ravioli were the best.....the kids kept wanting more food from the adult entrees.....they devoured their pasta and meatball dinner. We have one great eater and one very fussy eater, and the fussy eater wanted more....they loved the ravioli. The ceasar salad was perfect, fresh and perfectly dressed. The brick chicken was wonderful. Our waiter Eric, was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just what I was looking forDiscerningDinerVIPDined on 7/27/2014I'd heard good things about this place and was eager to try it. I wasn't disappointed. The food was plentiful, good tasting and presented nicely. I would go more often but I live 65 miles away. It's worth the trip though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabuloousSchatzieDined on 7/25/2014The food is awesome here. Pizza may be the focus, but the salads and the pastas are amazing. Wonderful variety, great comfortable place with the best food. Great bartender too.Special Features:
- The following 157 reviews are from the Brick Pizzeria reviews archive.
- Jvinsanclemente4daysinscDined on 7/21/2014The service was lacking. Our server was nice but not attentive. Several tables were seated and then never helped so they left.
- Let's Get RealIrvieDined on 7/19/2014A nice place, no parking,, be prepared to look for a spot on the weekend. Have a martini when you finally sit down and things will be much better. DO YOU REALLY THINK THIS IS ONE OF THE 10 BEST RESTAURANTS IN O.C.? THE food is good but not exceptional, i ordered the hangar steak Medium and it came out more well done ,small portion , the pizza had too much on it the crust was very good, the pasta and veal had very little veal and lots of noodles tasted like shredded meat over noodles a little too greasy,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner is superbLifeisgoodVIPDined on 7/14/2014We usually eat here for lunch but decided to come on in for dinner on a Monday. John's Hanger steak was so tender he could cut it with a fork. This also came with a delicious ( yes he let me try some!) Gorgonzola cream and kale gnocchi. There was a pork chop special that night that was superb. 2 chops that had a nice char but tender and moist on the inside. This was served in a cast iron skillet with really flavorful beans and kale. Loved the crusty beans at the bottom of the pan, much like the crispy rice at then bottom of a paella pan. Note to self, need to go to dinner here more often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/12/2014Food & drinks were great and prices were reasonable. Warning: BIG portions. Our server,friendly and apologetic, appeared to be new & overwhelmed with our large party - service mistakes were made. Will most likely return and hopefully the service was a 1 night fluke.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experienceStarshipdrvrDined on 7/12/2014Brick was awesome!! Great food choices, very fresh veggies, delicious salad and great drink selection. Would definitely recommend it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014The restaurant was very hot no air conditioning and no fans I was sweating eating my dinner. It took a long time to get our food and it was not very tasty. The pizza was good but the other dishes were not very disappointing since we had out of town friends visiting :(
- Fun night outGottaGoOutDined on 6/28/2014We loved the menu and the unique offerings that reflect the season. The wait staff was very attentive and friendly. We will be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Appetizer at BRICKLifeisgoodVIPDined on 6/12/2014Had a new appetizer at lunch and it is absolutely divine! It was a Roasted Figs Antipasti made with Robiola Cheese, Shallot-Fennel Agrodolce, and served with Grilled House-made Focaccia. Great combination of salty and sweet and wonderful textures. We think Chef David Pratt is a creative genius when constructing his dishes. If you have not been to the BRICK yet you really must try this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.