Brick Lane Curry House - Ridgewood
34 Franklin Ave
Ridgewood, NJ 07450Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
Brick Lane Curry House - Ridgewood
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bricklaneridgewood.com/
- Phone: 2016707311
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 01:00am.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Executive Chef: Karthik Kumar
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: We cater to all occasions on premises as well as off site.
A word from Brick Lane Curry House - Ridgewood
Description Coming Soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Brick Lane Curry House - Ridgewood reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (10)neighborhood gem (9)good for groups (6)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (3)special occasion (2)great for lunch (2)romantic (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Food better than serviceTessaVIPDined on 8/23/2014Food is much better than the rather inattentive service. It is BYOB, but definitely has tasty and spicy food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently awesome!Haskell28Dined on 8/2/2014Been here May times and each time has been equally wonderful!! Courteous, professional staff -- and they are happy to explain menu items and make recommendations. The food is simply outstanding. Fresh, made to order, delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brick Lane is really a gemNJDinerVIPDined on 7/20/2014Have been to the Brick Lane 3 times over past couple of weeks (just happened this way). Definitely a place to enjoy really good Indian food. My favorites are Samosas and Korma. But, everything either my friends or me tried was great and tasty. The service was, I would say, inconsistent at times, but overall acceptable. Just the fact that the restaurant is full of families even at later hours speaks for the quality and value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GymnastVIPDined on 7/18/2014I have dined here previously, and the staff tries very hard to accommodate but the overall experience was disappointing.One section of restaurant has tablecloths, the other is less formal. The tables without do not add to the atmosphere. The food was pretty good but unfortunately my dish had a piece of plastic in it. Parking is always intriquing in Ridgewood so in the future I would rather go somewhere else.
- Excellent Quality and ServiceEatoualotVIPDined on 6/21/2014Excellent quality traditional British curry - with creative new ideas. Attentive service, nice presentation, friendly atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent DinnerReviewmanVIPDined on 6/20/2014Bring your own booze. Good food and rather inexpensive, but then it's Indian food, so rather simpe to prepare. The naan is good and frankly, I could just eat that and be happy.
- Pleasantly surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/7/2014This was a last minute choice and was a great decision. The food was great and appropriately spiced based on our request. The service was good too. We would return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointedRayboDined on 6/6/2014I brought my son here who wanted to try Indian cuisine. HE LOVED IT! He is adventurous and had the Lamb Vindaloo. It was VERY HOT but delicious. The Lamb Bhuna was delicious as well. I find that they do not tone down the heat level so be forewarned. From the appetizers to the breads and entrees, everything was great. Service is great and our favorite waiter, Vikram, will not disappoint. Service and food is very consistent. It is a little pricey but worth the difference.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood Go ToNaplesScotDined on 6/1/2014This curry house is our default relaxed neighborhood standby. The decor is simple without exotic touches, so if you are looking for a dramatic experience this is not the place for you. It is just a good place for people who love Indian food. I believe the restaurant is in the English style of curry houses which are more part of local life in every town and if this was intended,they got it dead right. Friendly staff, good food, relaxed atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great!BernFloDined on 5/24/2014The food and service at Brick Lane is consistent, always Great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DojoVIPDined on 5/23/2014The tandoor chicken is mouthwatering. Can't say enough about it. Yummy. Space could use a little something. Perhaps some color.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing ServiceGillsfan07430Dined on 5/11/2014Great food, disappointing service with lengthy waits for appetizer and main courses. Did not go with desserts or coffee as wait was too long. Some minor ordered items did not arrive but appeared in the initial bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Grea Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/10/2014We love the food here and the staff is great as well. We will return every time we're in the mood for delicious, fresh, gourmet Indian cuisine. Do not miss if enjoy the same!Special Features:
- The following 110 reviews are from the Brick Lane Curry House - Ridgewood reviews archive.
- Great food and waiterJohnDined on 4/26/2014Our waiter, Vikram, was very personable and recommended some excellent dishes!Special Features:
- Favorite Indian in town.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/5/2014Hands down the best Indian restaurant in town. Excellent service and food. If you're not familiar with Brick Lane, the food is more of an English style of Indian food. Curries are richer, thicker and portions are robust. If you can't handle spice, be sure to mention it. Their "medium" spice is often what most people deem "hot".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUMMY Indian!SuburbanhousewifeVIPDined on 3/23/2014The indian food here is really delicious! The staff really tries to guide you if you are new to the cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but...AllieCDined on 3/22/2014'This was our 2nd visit. The food is very good. The Onion Kulcka is probably the best I've ever had. Everything done well. Only quibble is with the service. We received both a menu & a special menu when we were seated. The special menu had no prices; it was not clear whether certain dishes were appetizers or entrees. We were treated to a rather pushy up-sell for our appetizer (it was good , but we felt pressured). Also, It should have been clear up front that rice was an additional charge. When asked if we wanted rice it did not occur to us to ask price since the other Indian restaurants we've gone to provide plenty of rice, gratis. Go for the food, be careful about "suggestions" and up-sells.Be sure to ask for prices. Otherwise a good mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Indian for milesIwillbebackDined on 3/21/2014You will not be disappointed, you taste buds start to pop as you walk through the doorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Put a little spice in your life!DontWannaCookDined on 3/8/2014I have been here many times and have never been disappointed. This BYOB restaurant has a new menu with some nice additions and a separate menu for specials. Our party of four ordered several specials, which were super additions to an already great menu! I can't seem to stray from my favorite Lamb Goan, but have tried the spicier Madras, Bhuna and Vindaloo curries as well. All really great! The Lassuni Gobi (crispy cauliflower) appetizer is wonderful, although the past few times it could have been a little crispier. If they ever put the Tandoor Stuffed Calamari back on the menu, order it! Very unique and delicious! The waiters really know their menu, so don't worry about not knowing what to order. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- always a good meal here. serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/1/2014always a good meal here. service can be a bit inconsistent because it's big and there never seems to be enough help but it's never affected our experience overall.I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Visit - Very PleasedHostingVIPDined on 2/27/2014We have eaten Indian food around town, but this place seemed special. The sauces were perfect, the portions perfect, friendly service, and a decent value. We have already recommended this to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very inconsistentJR465Dined on 2/14/2014Fried food , pakora crispy cauliflower, was soggy. One overlooked and one undercooked. Lamb chop ok, bhuna good, korma too thick and not tasty enough. I was disappointed Will not go back
- Great first visitChuckDined on 1/28/2014Quiet atmosphere. Round table was great for group conversation. Thoughtful and attentive service. Excellent and properly prepared curries and appetizers, especially the Samosas. The Madras and Bhuna curries were superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Better Indian OptionRayboDined on 1/17/2014A friend recommended Brick Lane and we were very pleased overall. My daughter is gluten free and they were very accommodating. It was busy when we arrived and the kitchen must have been overwhelmed since it took almost an hour to get out entrees. We were pleased when they arrived. Very well prepared although a little mild even though we asked for moderate spice. The appetizers were delicious and did arrive in a timely fashion. I did feel that it was a little pricey but I would rather pay more for good food than less for bad and there are a lot of worse options. I will definitely return.Special Features:
- Wonderful Indian foodIwillbebackDined on 1/1/2014always a great experience with fresh well cooked food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My ReviewDinerDined on 12/21/2013Hot hot hot,... not just the Curry but an overall score in terms of the warm welcome by the hostess, to the waitstaff, to the apps (go for the crunchy cauliflower OMG), to the dinner selections. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phall is KILLER!Bino15Dined on 11/18/2013My wife and I went to the location in Ridgewood, NJ, for my Birthday and were SO happy they opened a location there (after we had been to the small location in Manhattan. Naresh was our server, and he was super attentive and kind. Having already done the Phall Challenge last year in NYC, I wanted to do it again. I can tell you it was unequivocally spicier on every level at this location, but that's cool ( that's what I WANTED). My wife really enjoyed her Chicken Tikka Masala, loved the ambiance and we thoroughly enjoyed our was the first time we our Lamb Samosa appetizer!!! We will definitely be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Normally betterAnnieVIPDined on 11/4/2013I usually enjoy this restaurant, but this time the food came out so piping hot I knew there was no way the chicken in the dish wasn't continuing to cook. And sure enough, by the time it was cool enough to eat the chicken was over-cooked and dry. Hopefully better luck next time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better for lunch than dinnerRKRidgeVIPDined on 10/17/2013Food is good but dinner portions / prices are just not worth it. Example - lamb vindaloo had 4 meager pieces of lamb and a bowlful of sauce for $19. I don't mind the price but the quantity of lamb was disappointing. Come here for lunch and you won't be disappointed.
- Excellent buffett lunch!!MuzzyVIPDined on 10/13/2013Excellent buffett lunch!! Varied selection with a great price.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed...YobadeeDined on 10/12/2013We were amazed when we walked in- we couldn't remember having been to such a crowded Indian restaurant. It eventually became clear, in part, why the place was so full; the service was incredibly slow and so it was kind of a "you can check in anytime you want, but you can never leave" situation... The food was so-so at best; other than the mango lassi we were so disappointed. We wanted to love it, but we won't be going back...
- Try the currysCAROLDined on 9/2/2013The curry with mince and coconut - it's delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A disappointmentfinefoodieVIPDined on 8/30/2013This was our second outing at Brick Lane, and it was not a good experience.First, when the crackers and dip arrived, there was leftover dip in each bowl, apparently from previous diners. This was a turn-off. Then, we thought we were ordering the same curry we had before, but it was not the same, and it suffered by comparison. We ordered several other dishes as well, but none was really tasty. There are better Indian restaurants in Bergen County, and I do not think we will return.
- Where's the chicken/shrimp/lamb?OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2013We've been to Brick Lane before and came back because we had enjoyed the food. We did enjoy it again as everything was really tasty. The big problem is that as a family of five, we ordered five entrees to share. Well, it's hard to enjoy sharing when each of the meat dishes, other than the meat grill, came with hardly any meat in them. Chicken Tikka Masala and the lamb and shrimp dish that we ordered, literally had 4 or 5 pieces of meat in them and the rest of it was all sauce. Very tasty sauce indeed, but very, very skimpy on the meat. If it was just one dish, I would have chalked it up to bad luck, but there clearly was a consistent pattern. And I couldn't even say anything about it as my 3 teenagers insisted that I not say anything!Special Features:
- DisappointedJohnVIPDined on 8/17/2013My wife and I had been here 5 or 6 times and enjoyed the food and the service. This time the curries were bland and tasted off. The service was horrendous. We waited for maybe 40 minutes between our appetizer and main course. I would hesitate to return.
- Super CurryfinefoodieVIPDined on 8/2/2013We were delighted with the service, found the shrimp curry delectable, and enjoyed the other things we ate (naan, dal and eggplant) as well. We will return, and it will likely be soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/31/2013Food was great and service was fast and friendly. Nice lightkng, a little loud. Also a little expensive but the prixe matches the quality. Excellent curry and i cant wait to go backSpecial Features:
- Delicious!LovetoeatoutVIPDined on 7/30/2013I enjoyed sharing several dishes with a friend. It was a culinary adventure, and everything was delicious! I'll definitely be back...Special Features:
- Indian Gem in the VillageJanTrishVIPDined on 7/26/2013The perfect dining experience starts with the server Gaurang. The culinary professional will guide you through the regions of India like an experienced pilot. The aroma of intoxicating prawns grilling as a first course or entree - or a starter of cilantro spiked eggplant chips will have you making your next reservation before exiting. The more people at your table the more opportunity to share. Pick a protein and allow the staff to guide you through the near dozen curry annointmentsSpecial Features:
- Hurry to Brick Lane CurryTheNJDinerVIPDined on 7/20/2013Great food. Service was very good. Not as hard to park as some have reviewed. Open Tableized. Finally great Indian in Northern Bergen County.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.