Brick Lane Curry House - Midtown
235 E 53rd Street
New York, NY 10022Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
Brick Lane Curry House - Midtown
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bricklanegroup.com/
- Phone: 2123398353x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Indian
- Executive Chef: Preaveen Pedenkar
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Brick Lane Curry House - Midtown
Brick Lane Curry House is a British type curry house reminiscent of an East London style Indian Restaurant. Brick Lane Curry House is an authentic Indian restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Brick Lane Curry House - Midtown reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (9)fit for foodies (7)good for groups (5)late-night find (4)romantic (3)great for lunch (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Best Indian Food!MeghiDined on 9/20/2014The malai kofta is exquisite! Unique flavors in all dishes makes you want to go back for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodlesliehouseDined on 9/13/2014we made a 6:30 reservation and were seated promptly. The waiter introduced himself, and chatted a while asking had we been there before and had we eaten curry or hot foods before, and made 3 excellent suggestions. We would definitely suggest this restaurant and dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealhoppysDined on 8/29/2014As Brits visiting New York we were craving a proper curry! Brick Lane really hit he spot, excellent food, good portion size and all at a reasonable price. The waitress was excellent, and the staff were all friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend if you are in the area of Midtown.Special Features:
- Totally exceeded expectations!WillaVIPDined on 8/23/2014Having seen Brick Lane featured in Man v Food it was a must on our New York visit. The food was superb, each ingredient fresh and tasty and as I was worried that the Phaal would overpower everything else, I ordered it as a side dish. Well I'm ready to take on the Phaal challenge next time, it's amazing!!Special Features:
- SASStevenVIPDined on 7/28/2014Very good authentic and spicy hot. Would definitely go again.
- Phaal challenge accomplishedPhaal21Dined on 7/1/2014We went to Brick Lane Curry House for the purpose of my daughter taking the Phaal challenge. My food and appetizers were good but nothing outstanding. My daughter completed the challenge and I'm proud of her for it. The dish itself is not anything a foodie would want to attempt. Service was excellent.
- Indian Inspired EveningfoodiefindsDined on 6/22/2014From the wait staff to the Manager....and inspired British Indian finds of salmon tandoori, aloo chat and goen grilled shrimp... A great addition to the turtle bay areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Curry Done Right3DogNightDined on 6/14/2014Great curry house with prompt and friendly service. Bonus: If you're gluten free - they are very knowledgeable and 80% is GF. Deliciously spiced and reasonably priced.Special Features:
- The following 11 reviews are from the Brick Lane Curry House - Midtown reviews archive.
- Did not live up to the hypeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/17/2014The same can be said about the food as the "phaal": more pain and sweat than flavor. The curries did not have the distinct taste of the region they claimed to be from. Pretty plain, almost bland. Not worth the money or the hype.
- authentic Indian foodnycfoodieVIPDined on 5/15/2014Brick Lane serves the Indian cuisine found in my favorite Indian restaurants in.London and Mumbai . Go for the fresh, well prepared food but don't expect ambiance in this basic neighborhood restaurant on 53rd stI would recommend this to a friend.
- foodluverVIPDined on 4/18/2014Great curries, especially with lamb. Naan was OK not great. Goat was tough; wouldn't order again. Service was attentive and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food and friendly serviceShaizaDined on 4/14/2014We ordered the lamb chops and salmon to start then shared the chicken bhuna. We also ordered raita and mango chutney on the side with naan and rice. It was all delicious and our waitress was very friendly and helpful--she was very knowledgeable about the menu and helped us choose what to order. I definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little IndiaamandaDined on 3/24/2014I had a wonderful time. The food was heaven to my palette. I can not wait to visit again. I have already told several of my friends. I have been to several Indian places in the city thi was by far one of the best. The person who was dining with me is what you might call a picky eater, and he loved his meal! Thank you for an amazing journey to the far east!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food and service!!IzzyDined on 3/8/2014Gone there with my girl friend which she knows a lot about Indian food and everything was on point. The staff was helpful and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Indian ever!MargoVIPDined on 2/1/2014Great servcie and great food, I had the saag with tofu made just spicy to my liking. My husband had a half portion of the phaal which boasts to be the hottest curry in the world. He was able to eat some with lots of bread and rice to alleviate the heat although the taste was not to die for. Stick with other menu items such as the prawn appetizer or the vindaloo! Cant wait to go back,Special Features:
- Great food & great staff!CGARDined on 1/14/2014Food was on point & staff was amazing. Definitely would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was delicious. RestaurantKennejeDined on 1/8/2014The food was delicious. Restaurant was a little small and not at all decorated. Sat next to an obviously broken heater that was very noisy and in the need of some professional repair.I would recommend this to a friend.
- fine if you're in the areaOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/7/2014not the best, but definitely above average. their curries are reasonably priced and the naan is good. again, not mind blowing but a good option when you're in the neighborhood
- The food was extreemly flavorfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/18/2013The food was extreemly flavorful and the staff knew a lot about the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.