304 West 56 Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bricconyc.com/media/websitebricco.html
- Phone: 2122457160
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:15pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:15pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Nino CatuognoBanquet/Private Rooms,Beer,Counter Seating,Delivery,Happy Hour,Non-Smoking Restaurant,Private Room,Wine,Wine Bar
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Visit our web site for detailed information about our private rooms for small or large parties with set menus.
- Private Party Facilities: Our second floor has two private dining rooms, a small one for a minimum of 12 people, and a larger one for a minimum of 24 people.
- Private Party Contact: Nino Catuogno 2122457160
- Special Events: Join us for New Year's Eve.
Prefix Menu available, party favors and dancing.
A word from Bricco Restaurant
Described as NYC most romantic restaurant, Bricco offers you a cozy and quixotic atmosphere where traditional Italian cuisine is expertly prepared for your pleasure.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bricco Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (30)fit for foodies (19)romantic (16)special occasion (9)notable wine list (9)good for groups (9)late-night find (7)great for lunch (3)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great food terrible servicehungryandpregnantDined on 10/9/2014The food was excelent. However the waiter spend most of his time standing by the bar and didn't seem to care that he had a party of 4 with a $300 + bill at his table. When asked if he can rush the appetizers since my wife is pregnant and hasn't eatten all day his reply was "they will come out when their out". Overall great food terrible service. Will not be coming back there are 20 more Italian places around the corner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Wine RecommendationMoofjoVIPDined on 10/7/2014The food is reliably good, the owner's wine recommendation for a Sicilian Red was yum! I am always happy with a good Italian dinner, wholesome veggies, meat, bread, olive oil and wonderful wine. The added bonus is that you can actually hear what your dinner companion is saying! We are all happy that Bricco is open again for business!!!Special Features:
- A Real FindCaro712VIPDined on 10/6/2014This restaurant was a real find. We needed a place to meet friends we had not seen in a long time and catch up. The restaurant was perfect. It was Monday night and the restaurant was quiet so we could hear each other talk. The service was unhurried, I really think they were so aware that we needed time to talk before we even looked at the menu. They did not keep interrupting us to ask if we were ready to order or how everything was, which disturbs me at so many restaurants. The food was good and reasonably priced. Even the wine list had reasonable choices.Special Features:
- Great meal, Great ServceGdog11Dined on 10/3/2014Booked a last minute reservation on a weekend trip to NYC. Service was very attentive and food was fantastic - both taste and presentation. Would absolutely go back again when we're back in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great and reliablePavementratDined on 9/20/2014After a long and arduous day, we three travelers wanted good and reliable dinner. I had been to Bricco several times over the years and was happy to take my friends. We were warmly greeted, which was nice, too, and seated at the back close to the oven, which was a godsend as the air conditioning was working almost too well. My friends raved about the pork chop and the fish, were well satisfied with the wine. All in all above reflect choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So disappointingBootsieDined on 9/6/2014The good reviews confound me. This restaurant is barely mediocre. Food was bland and totally forgettable and the service was absolutely awful. We had to ask for everything - bread, salt etc and our waiter could not have been more disengaged. Never again....Special Features:
- West side mid 50'sVisitorDined on 7/9/2014pasta was tasty and reasonably priced, but the Caesar salad was ridiculously overpriced for portion size. Daily fresh fish was very good. Nice menu with a little bit of everything offered. Simple, quiet, nice restaurant and if in neighborhood would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food & serviceKittycatVIPDined on 7/2/2014Lovely restaurant, great service and food, moderately priced for midtown. You can actually hear the person you're dining with!Special Features:
- not like old daystcluluDined on 6/27/2014it is not the same restaurant that we used to visit. The place is not busy on a Friday night before Show time. the food was not good at all. very disappointed with the restaurant.
- invisible dinersgingerprincessDined on 6/25/2014My my family and I looked forward to an authenic Italian dining experience while vacationing. Our food was top knotch. I had the butternut squash soup and the artichoke and mushroom rigatoni, perhaps the best pasta dish I have ever had. My son had the fettuchini with sausage, which was amazing. My husband had chicken Milanese which needed some seasoning. Our server disappeared and we noticed the table next to us was also ignored by the same waiter. We were going to order grape pie for dessert, but given the poor service, did notSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Victim of its own success?OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/25/2014Bricco has been one of my regulars in Hells Kitchen - the food is always good and I do prefer the quieter atmosphere and better service here. Not so on my last visit - it was so noisy we had real difficulty holding a conversation and the service was very middling - with the server almost dropping my dining partner's main course in her lap and then waiting an inordinately long time to get someone's attention for the check. They were very busy - so I am thinking it may no longer be the great neighborhood find and now has joined the pantheon of all those other over crowded, noisy restaurants in Hells Kitchen.I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great findSherylVIPDined on 6/24/2014Lovely spot - pretty dining room, accommodating staff, and the food was delicious: grilled calamari, monkfish special, pasta with shrimp, and veal were all very tasty. I'll definitely return!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely Delicious!kissmedarlingDined on 6/23/2014Everything about this restaurant was fabulous! The food was amazing, the waters are attentive and you just have to check out the CEILING ! Loved it and already made another reservation!Special Features:
- The following 261 reviews are from the Bricco Restaurant reviews archive.
- great service, reasonable.....HappyEaterVIPDined on 6/18/2014prices and good food. I've eaten here twice recently and not been disappointed. It is very convenient to City Center, Studio 54 (Roundabout) and Carnegie Hall so it's a great find for pre theater dining.
- Quiet, charming, deliciousVickyXDined on 6/14/2014Our first trip to Bricco was great. They had a huge menu of specials to supplement their everyday menu. I tried tripe for the first time and it was very tasty. The spicy seafood pasta was fabulous as well. The restaurant had a great ambience... dark with a warm glow. The server was very friendly, patient and attentive. The prices were very reasonable. I will return again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and ServiceDandPVIPDined on 6/9/2014I have never failed to be impressed by the good food and relaxed, but energetic, atmosphere of Bricco's. A destination for me, as I do not live close to the restaurant, I come for good food that is shared by the countless others who fill up the restaurant daily. From pasta to fish to pizza and salads, all is good here. Waitstaff friendly, accommodating, and knowledgeable. Food, truly, is excellent.Special Features:
- Neighborhood BestLarryVIPDined on 6/6/2014This is a very good Northern Italian restaurant which offers a number of "specials" which are chef choices and always fresh and interesting. I am a "regular" since I work in the neighborhood and am always welcomed warmly. It is moderately priced and excellent value for the high quality.Special Features:
- Nice little hidden gemMikeMDined on 5/23/2014Went here for a pre show dinner and was seated immediately. Service was great; not overly doting but just right. Plenty of specials in addition to the regular menu. Food was hot and delicious. The wine list had a reasonable amount of attractively priced wines. I would definitely recommend and return.Special Features:
- Perfect pre-theatre venueOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/20/2014Food is very good; service was attentive without being over bearing; noise level very good - we could have a conversation! Because it is a bit farther west, it is a more manageable and enjoyable experience - not overcrowded or too loud. Got us in time to make curtain call.Special Features:
- Always ReliableUWSdadVIPDined on 5/18/2014Bricco has become our 'go-to' place for a special occasion. Everyone there is so welcoming and helpful. The food is always delicious - from the pizzas, pasta's, entree's and desserts. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Getting better and better with agetexastonycVIPDined on 5/9/2014I first ate at Bricco more than 18 years ago, not too long after it opened, and even threw a surprise birthday party for my husband in their upstairs space. The food has always been good. But dining there last Friday night with friends, I had one of the best meals ever there. It is a warm and welcoming place. Nino, the owner, always remembers my name -- even when I haven't been there in years. It is definitely a neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodeeeeeVIPDined on 5/5/2014The food was great and the service was excellent!!Special Features:
- Just great!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/2/2014My wife and I went for dinner. We liked it so much we took a group of 10 back the next night! Food was delicious all the way around and service was truly outstanding. Highly recommended for Italian cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Dinner with FriendsLHHSrVIPDined on 5/1/2014Met two good friends for dinner the other night. We started with drinks at the bar before going to our table. My friends had the gnocchi and the Monkfish special. The gnocchi was just okay, but the monkfish was very good. I had the pizza with homemade sausage and mozzarella which was delicious. They have a real brick oven which enhances the flavor of the pizza. We also had an Italian beer which was dark and full-bodied-don't recall the name but its worth trying. Service was very good. Recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/26/2014There was nothing wrong with our meal but it was not stellar. The special chilean sea bass did not seem like sea bass -- was just a white steaky fish buried under bread crumbs and soaked in butter/oil and baked. It's a shame to destroy what should be a great flavored fish with the preparation they used. Waitor said they were selling alot of them which should have been a sign that i should not order it. Good for them trying to pass off a cheaper fish for chilean sea bass! I will know for next time.
- Not enough serversTvr410VIPDined on 4/26/2014Service on a Saturday night was very slow. Our waiter could not have been less interested. Food was good, not great.Special Features:
- Good but Portion ConcernmrwineVIPDined on 4/26/2014Food very tasty but pretty lean on portion size, especially the zuppa di pesce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Gluten Free PastaJules99Dined on 4/25/2014Both my friend and I had their gluten free pasta and it was delicious, not heavy like some gluten free pastas. The ambiance and service were wonderful. I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Neighborhood Family GemNativeNYerDined on 4/18/2014We are regulars at this traditional Italian neighborhood gem. The food is reliably good, with gluten free pasta available, and a nice selection of vegetarian options and specials. Made-to-order brick oven pizzas are fantastic. Service is old-school - all male wait staff in traditional crisp white aprons. But it never feels stuffy and it is quite informal and relaxed.Special Features:
- Enjoyable pre-theater dinner.NewYorkerVIPDined on 4/15/2014The food was very good, cooked as requested. Reasonably priced and easily accommodated our schedule. Great find, just what we wanted.Special Features:
- Food was great, service less soOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/12/2014Food was outstanding but had to ask for the waiters attention about 5-6 times,I would recommend this to a friend.
- off the beaten pathtobyVIPDined on 4/8/2014Good to have a quiet restaurant at the northern edge of the theatre district where there are few others. Brick oven a plusSpecial Features:
- Your Italian grandmother's houseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/5/2014Had an opentable reservation for 9. Called and had the reservation moved to 9:30 without issue. The place was a romantic, quaint, romantic and authentic atmosphere. My date and I tried to order simple italian dishes off menu and were pleasantly surprised when they were more than happy to accommodate us. The food was fantastic and the service was outstanding. We paid $150 with a 30% gratuity for a bottle of red, appetizer salads, a pasta and chicken dish, espresso and the flan for dessert. All i can say is, please don't tell my grandmother, because she would be jealous with how amazing I describe the flavor and presentation of the food. Serious, i don't want to be hit with a wooden spoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok food.PameyVIPDined on 4/5/2014The food at Bricco was mediocre at best. Nothing horrible, but nothing special either. The appetizers were good with the specials, including broiled octopus being very good. The main dishes were very ok with not a lot of distinct flavors that make you want to say this food is delicious. The desserts were $10 each and TASTELESS!! Most of the wait staff did not speak or understand English.Special Features:
- Gem of a place with outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014Gem of a place with outstanding food attentive staff and overall great service!! everyone GO!!! MANGIA!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/22/2014On Saturday night, a group of 8 welcomed home a Marine from Afghanistan. The entire staff of this restaurant made the occasion a celebration. The food was incredible, as many other reviews suggest, but more importantly, the service was remarkable. Each employee went out of his way to treat us incredibly well. All of us loved our dining experience and will definitely come back. Thank you, Bricco!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly and deliciouscultureloverDined on 3/20/2014At an early pre-theater dinner we had good Italian food and wine that was modestly priced and professionally served. Pear, arugula, endive salad and a salmon & asparagus risotto were especial favorites. We got into conversation with an adjacent couple for whom it was their neighborhood favorite on frequent stays in the city. By chance, we were also there the following night for a post-Carnegie Hall Concert private celebration where dinner was expertly catered to 35 people in an upstairs room, without sacrifice of food quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ClosedJeffDined on 3/5/2014The place was closed and still on the site. Poor follow up on their clients, not up to date web site. Use Urban spoon for reservations. Thanks Jeff
- business lunchWestsideDinerVIPDined on 3/3/2014I had a business lunch here for 6 people. The food was good and the waitstaff was very nice. However, the space was a bit tight for the waiters to reach everyone. One of the guests was bumped and foreced to move his chair in several times. Other than that, it was a very nice experience. They always have delicious specials and I highly recommend trying one if it strikes your fancy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good for your MoneyLogisticianVIPDined on 3/2/2014I discovered Bricco and was pleased at the discovery. A place to come to before Caqrnegie Hall, or to just get away for a night for a most pleasing dining experience The food is extremely satisfying from the Antipasto to the Dolci. You will not be disappointed, The Veal is a better selection than the Snapper as it is more satisfying overall. The wine list does need some rounding out, but it is fair. You cannot go wrong here with the service or food or the overall ambience.Special Features: