404 Manitou Avenue
Manitou Springs, CO 80829Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.briarhurstdining.com/
- Phone: 7196851864x
- Hours of Operation:
Open Tuesdays -Sundays at five for dinner. Reservations Appreciated. Halloween Friday October 31, Murder Mystery Dinner Show, Prizes for Costumes and winning detectives. Call for details and to make reservations! Open Thanksgiving featuring a Buffet and Full Service Menu but please call to let us know which option you prefer. No coupons, discounts or promotions on Holidays or for Special Events.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Wild Game, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Neil Moreno
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full service on site catering from extensive & diverse preplanned menus or customized to your individual needs & desires. Please call for information & quotes for your event.
- Private Party Facilities: Your personal experienced banquet director will guide you through the event planning process making your event a success using one or all of a variety of banquet options. You may choose one or all of nine intimate dining and meeting rooms.
- Private Party Contact: Ken, Janice, Alison 7196851864x
- Entertainment: Parties are welcome to hire musicians, bands or DJ's for their events. We can provide local referrals.
- Special Events: Visit our Website to sign up for our e-newsletter for monthly specials and updates.
A word from Briarhurst Manor
Winner of Top 50 Most Romantic Restaurants in U.S. by Open Table users. Best Fine Dining & Best Colorado Cuisine! Spectacular Victorian Estate on 5 secluded acres seats up to 500 guests features casual yet elegant dining in 9 intimate rooms, an extensive menu & wine list,complete 5-course dinners starting at $34 featuring domestic & game meats, fresh seafood, pastas, poultry, specialty salads, vegetarian,& hand crafted desserts. Just 10 minutes from downtown Colorado Springs, ideal for corporate meetings, fundraisers, weddings, receptions. Elegant outdoor patio dining, gazebos & rose garden provide the appropriate atmosphere for lifetime memories. Former home of Dr. William Bell, founder of Manitou Springs & Denver Rio Grande Railroad,& listed on the National Register of Historic Places."A final note: "As I gave my review a final edit, I noticed I had grossly overused six words: creative, crafted, gracious, succulent, elegant and lovely, I cannot make a finer recommendation"Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Briarhurst Manor - Best Restaurants in Manitou Springs ›
Briarhurst Manor reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (53)romantic (52)fit for foodies (27)neighborhood gem (19)notable wine list (19)scenic view (11)good for groups (11)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (2)hot spot (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Creative, delicious menuJeremyVIPDined on 10/19/2014The food was very good and had an inspired seasonal influence for fall. Very impressive. Execution was very slow, for which they generously comped all of our desserts. Most of the experience still feels dated, so it's surprising to see such a creative menu with modern plates and presentations. I hope they'll keep bringing it into the modern era, preserving only the beautiful and elegant space as the reflection of the Manor's historySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dinner we've had in yearsJBS80922Dined on 10/17/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our 1st visit to the Briarhurst. Tommy, the waitress, patiently and thoroughly explained the menu to us and the food was amazing. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Fantastic RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014Briarhurst is a great restaurant. Outstanding food, phenomenal service, and a historic building.Special Features:
- Dinner for threePleasedDined on 10/11/2014The five course meal was excellent. The service was outstanding. We will definitely return again. I recommend this restaurant to anyone that appreciates a great dining atmosphere, food and service.Special Features:
- Perfect!SharonRDined on 10/1/2014The ambiance was very warm, welcoming and sophisticated. Our hostess Hannah was a delight and made us feel welcomed from the second we stepped foot into the Manor. She was very knowledgeable and professional, all the while very friendly and accommodating. Our server Alex was very friendly, professional and attentive. He was extremely helpful and observant. The food WAS TO DIE FOR! We had the Escargot, the most wonderfully rich lobster bisque soup, the Seared Scallops and the Quail. We then finished with the fanciest, most delicious, most beautiful pineapple upside down cake and Crème Brule. Our compliments to the chef and all who took part in making our 5 course meal absolute perfection!Special Features:
- A gem!Coloradodiner1Dined on 9/25/2014My wife and I dined at the Briarhurst Manor on September 25, 2014. The setting is spectacular. The 1870's Manor is tucked into a park like setting on the bank of Fountain Creek. The entire staff is helpful, friendly, and very knowledgeable about the cuisine and the history of the Manor. The nine dining rooms are intimate, and filled with charm. You can enjoy a three hour five course dinner for far less than you'd pay for an ordinary dinner at a large chain restaurant. The chef and kitchen staff were true artists. Not only was each course incredibly delicious, each course was a visual work of art. The wild boar chops are not to be missed. The extensive wine and cocktail menu adds to the experience. This is a must go to spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JimmyDined on 9/17/2014The food, ambience, and service were all outstanding. Our server, Hannah was great and took wonderful care of us.Special Features:
- Great Dinning experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014We enjoyed our time from the from the moment the hostess greeted us till we finished our 5 course meal. Hanna our waitress was pleasant & shared we us some history of the castle. We would recommend place to anyone who is looking for a romantic time out.Special Features:
- Great Restaurantherky93Dined on 9/14/2014The Briarhurst Manor is a great of house with a lot of history behind it. A very quiet and romantic setting. The food is great and the service is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic DiningFromSTLDined on 9/7/2014I took my fiancee for her birthday and we enjoyed a really nice dinner. They put us all by ourselves in the Library room where we could have privacy, the staff were all friendly and knowledgeable about the history of the manor, the food was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always enjoyManny11Dined on 9/6/2014Enjoyed the new menu! The food was excellent as always, Server was friendly and prompt!Special Features:
- Great !ChrisDined on 9/2/2014This restaurant is very romantic, with several rooms with only a few tables for 2, with enough distance that you feel you are the host of a castle. Great !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014We have been to briarhurst a number of times. The food quality seems to be going downhill. Our service was fantastic, but we will not return with the quality of food they provide. We keep trying it over and over again hoping the quality will return. It has not and seems to be getting worse.Special Features:
- Wait serviceDinerDaveDined on 8/30/2014Jason again is an outstanding credit to the hospitality service. He has shown my guests and myself his passion and quality for superb guest interaction, food and wine knowledge, and thoroughness. His does what he loves.Special Features:
- Briarhurst ExperienceRCunnAttyDined on 8/8/2014This restaurant is hard to find. The entrance actually has the name of another business listed. The greeter was dressed in blue jeans, boots and shirt not tucked in. She was pleasant but inappropriately dressed for the venue. Our waiter was obviously outmanned as he had a large section to care for. Service was VERY slow. He kept apologizing. We did not receive the palate cleanser at the appropriate time. The food was overall very average, not what I expected from this restaurant. It took almost two hours from start to finish.
- Fancy FoodfoodiebooDined on 8/6/2014The food was prepared to our specifications and delicious. The table next to ours was a larger group and it was impossible to have a private conversation. For our anniversary dinner that put a bit of a damper on the evening just a bit. The food was worth the wait, however again, a bit of a damper on the evening was the time that we had to wait between each course took too long. For the price, I think I would make sure next time there was more privacy for a romantic setting. The food was the highlight of the evening. DELICIOUS! The presentation was also quite lovely. Taste was not diminished by the elaborate plating which was a work of art.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dining ExperiencevacationDined on 8/5/2014Our kids set up our reservation for our anniversary. The parking lot could use some help. It was not paved and it was raining when we went so it was a bit muddy. Once you got inside, the Manor is quite beautiful and the service was outstanding. The food was absolutely delicious. We chose to do the 5 course option and truly enjoyed everything that was put in front of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DissappointedShawnaDined on 8/2/2014The Briarhurst Manor needs help. When you first drive in, there is mud and potholes all over the parking lot. The food is a real disappointment. They are trying to be really fancy, but the food is so bland. The beef Wellington had no taste and the Wild Boar was really fatty. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone. Instead, just drive down the road a mile and eat at the Cliff House where the food is awesome.Special Features:
- Amazing foodcanadiangirlDined on 7/29/2014The food was amazing and they had items that were gluten free which made my dining experience that much better. The restaurant was hard to find at first with no visible signs around and trees over growing on the road sign but glad we took the time to find it.Special Features:
- Too StuffygbwcDined on 7/22/2014The meal and service were good. However, I do complain when the noise level is too high. The noise level in Briarhurst was TOO Low and with the dark wood and heavy decor, it was almost creepy.
- gongyDined on 7/20/2014Briarhurst is a lovely old estate and worth a visit. Food was well served and well presented. Had pepper steak, but couldn't find a trace of pepper. Two nice pieces of fillet in a very nice sauce. Garlic mashed potatoes grey and heavy....like the proverbial wet concrete. Also too heavy on the garlic.Except for the potatoes an excellent meal.Special Features:
- More Menu Choices!Sanders4Dined on 7/19/2014We've been going to Briarhurst Manor for 3yrs now and it's always been good. Recently they changed the menu keeping the old classics and adding some really good and interesting new options. It was actually hard to choose between the new stuff and the old favorites. I ended up getting the entrée but a classic desert. As always, well worth the visit!Special Features:
- RedRoseDined on 7/12/2014The food and service were lack luster. I was not impressed with either. The potatoes were hard and had a terrible tasting/smelling pesto on them and the lamb chops were tough. The dessert I had was a very tough/chewy cake.Special Features:
- Best server everBladthedog10Dined on 7/12/2014Food was great and we had a lovely time. Small intimate room. What was amazing was the detailed level of service we received from our waitress. Well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gourmet dining in old manor housemtpostDined on 7/11/2014We were seated promptly and shortly Jason appeared, welcomed us, asked if we were using any coupons (we were using a Briarhurst birthday coupon for $25 off), and took our beverage order. We chose to go with the five-course dinner (amuse brioche, soup or salad, intermezzo, entree, and dessert). The amuse brioche was shocking in its neat, beautiful presentation, and tasty. The house salad was creatively pleasing to the eye (see website for ingredients) and intermezzo quite tart. The beef Wellington was amazing, cooked to perfection with great veggie garnishes. The the blackstrap molasses glaze did not fit with the very meaty wild boar rib chop. The blueberry chocolate tart and chocolate peanut butter pie were both wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MtngirlDined on 7/6/2014We liked our small dining room very much because it was quiet even though there were 12 adults there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceshannondklDined on 7/5/2014Our waitress was professional, prompt, and courteous, and she was great with our 6-year old daughter. The food was excellent. We did the 5 course meal and didn't regret it. We left full, but without a bunch of leftovers. My husband got the beef wellington and I got the quail. Both were tasty. Love the ambience there. Will go again! Only complaint was that we couldn't figure out where to go in for the restaurant, so wandered around a little bit first.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!NovaGrad70Dined on 7/3/2014Outstanding food, outstanding service, outstanding ambiance = outstanding period!Special Features:
- Musty GreetingswritelarryDined on 6/28/2014I like dining in historic places as long as they don't smell historic. The staff was great and the food was very good if not a bit pricey.Special Features:
- Special nighttwinblazeDined on 6/28/2014Spent 13th Anniversary at the Briarhurst Manor. The ambiance was perfect and our waitress Hannah could have been more helpful. I hadn't been there for 24 years and it was just as special as I remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!amt4000Dined on 6/28/2014We've been to Briarhurst Manor for dinner many times and we're never disappointed.Special Features:
- GrouponOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014Great bargain for two. I would buy another groupon for guest coming to visit.Special Features:
- enjoyable dininggreateatsDined on 6/26/2014The location was excellent with plenty of parking space. The hostess opened the door for us and lead us in to the front desk hostess. We were immediately taken to our reserved table in the main dining area. There Were Two Other couples being served. The waitress came right over and introduced herself with the specials and wine and beverage list, and dining menu. My husband and I chose the couple special which consists of a wonderful house salad w fresh greens, or melon soup, fresh baked loaf of bread w 3 specialty spreads, including a wonderful mushroom pate', and raspberry spread, 5 course meal, with a lemon Gelato, and the Beef Wellington which was cooked to our liking, asparagus, and seasoned cut potatoes. We finished with desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 617 reviews are from the Briarhurst Manor reviews archive.
- Usually good food, bad experienceBiondiDined on 6/21/2014I think I just came on a bad night, but I really didn't have a great experience at the Briarhurst. As we first walked through the door, there wasn't really anyone there to greet us. When each person came and asked if we'd been helped, it seemed nobody could actually seat us and were looking for the person that could. I decided to run to the restroom before we got sat. It was disgusting and smelled like the sewer had backed-up. After being seated, it took longer than most restaurants to be greeted and get some water. As for the food, the bread and appetizers and Shrimp Scampi were delicious. I made the mistake of ordering the Spring Gnocchi....it was gross. Usually I'm not too picky about food...but this was not good. Not worth the money.Special Features:
- bratwurst manor1stxvisitDined on 6/21/2014Food was yummy and well-presented. Alex, our server was fantastic! The owner was not high on customer service and the grounds were not well maintained. However, the Groupon made the 5-course meal an excellent bargain.Special Features:
- Delightful Anniversary MealOlderCoupleDined on 6/11/2014We used an anniversary discount to have a delicious dinner at the Briarhurst. Many people get the 5-course special, but we kept costs in check via a la carte ordering. It turned out we got the "amuse bouche" (palate cleanser) anyway, and it was charming. We split a scallop appetizer. Very nice. We didn't have soup this time, but I've had their lobster bisque, and it's delicious. Duck and bass were our two entrees. Both were good, although the bass didn't seem to have as much flavor as I remember from the past. Could be my own palate though; I'm losing some of my smell/taste senses. Our server was very attentive, and flowers I had sent ahead of time were nicely displayed.Special Features:
- loved briarhurst manor!vickiwDined on 6/4/2014we dined at briarhurst while on vacation in manitou springs for our anniversary. The food was delicious, the service was exceptional (thank you Hanne!). It was an overall very pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining in the SpringsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/1/2014Amazing menu with wide variety of wild game (boar, duck, venison etc), as well as classic plates like Beef Wellington. Lobster bisque was incredible.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/1/2014This was a wonderful experience from start to finish - we went while on our honeymoon and it was the perfect romantic dinner like the other reviews we saw mentioned. The food was delicious, we definitely recommend the 5-course option. Our server was really nice and attentive. My husband did not have dress pants with him on the trip but nice jeans and a button-up shirt was just fine. Our only suggestion would be that they need to put some sort of signage leading us to the front door because we had to do some wandering around to get in and then for the rest of our meal we could see people going the wrong way to try to get in!Special Features:
- poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/31/2014They were under staffed. People waited 30 minuets for a cocktail. Never got coffee but were charged. After 3 hours got a to go box. Waiter never checks on you. If you are going to charge 100 dollars for dinner then you deserve service. Too many coupons but maybe if you gave service you wouldn't need the coupons. Had to track someone down to even pay the bill. Most people were so distressed. Car was even hit so not a good night .Special Features: