404 Manitou Avenue
Manitou Springs, CO 80829Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.briarhurstdining.com/
- Phone: 7196851864x
- Hours of Operation:
Open Tuesdays -Sundays at five for dinner. Reservations Appreciated. Halloween Friday October 31, Murder Mystery Dinner Show, Prizes for Costumes and winning detectives. Call for details and to make reservations!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Wild Game, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Neil Moreno
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full service on site catering from extensive & diverse preplanned menus or customized to your individual needs & desires. Please call for information & quotes for your event.
- Private Party Facilities: Your personal experienced banquet director will guide you through the event planning process making your event a success using one or all of a variety of banquet options. You may choose one or all of nine intimate dining and meeting rooms.
- Private Party Contact: Ken, Janice, Alison 7196851864x
- Entertainment: Parties are welcome to hire musicians, bands or DJ's for their events. We can provide local referrals.
- Special Events: Visit our Website to sign up for our e-newsletter for monthly specials and updates.
A word from Briarhurst Manor
Winner of Top 50 Most Romantic Restaurants in U.S. by Open Table users. Best Fine Dining & Best Colorado Cuisine! Spectacular Victorian Estate on 5 secluded acres seats up to 500 guests features casual yet elegant dining in 9 intimate rooms, an extensive menu & wine list,complete 5-course dinners starting at $30 featuring domestic & game meats, fresh seafood, pastas, poultry, specialty salads, vegetarian,& hand crafted desserts. Just 10 minutes from downtown Colorado Springs, ideal for corporate meetings, fundraisers, weddings, receptions. Elegant outdoor patio dining, gazebos & rose garden provide the appropriate atmosphere for lifetime memories. Former home of Dr. William Bell, founder of Manitou Springs & Denver Rio Grande Railroad,& listed on the National Register of Historic Places."A final note: "As I gave my review a final edit, I noticed I had grossly overused six words: creative, crafted, gracious, succulent, elegant and lovely, I cannot make a finer recommendation"Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Briarhurst Manor - Best Restaurants in Manitou Springs ›
Briarhurst Manor reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (48)romantic (46)fit for foodies (19)neighborhood gem (17)notable wine list (16)scenic view (9)good for groups (7)great for outdoor dining (4)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (2)great for lunch (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/17/2014The food, ambience, and service were all outstanding. Our server, Hannah was great and took wonderful care of us.Special Features:
- Great Dinning experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014We enjoyed our time from the from the moment the hostess greeted us till we finished our 5 course meal. Hanna our waitress was pleasant & shared we us some history of the castle. We would recommend place to anyone who is looking for a romantic time out.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/14/2014The Briarhurst Manor is a great of house with a lot of history behind it. A very quiet and romantic setting. The food is great and the service is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic DiningFromSTLDined on 9/7/2014I took my fiancee for her birthday and we enjoyed a really nice dinner. They put us all by ourselves in the Library room where we could have privacy, the staff were all friendly and knowledgeable about the history of the manor, the food was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always enjoyManny11Dined on 9/6/2014Enjoyed the new menu! The food was excellent as always, Server was friendly and prompt!Special Features:
- Great !ChrisDined on 9/2/2014This restaurant is very romantic, with several rooms with only a few tables for 2, with enough distance that you feel you are the host of a castle. Great !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014We have been to briarhurst a number of times. The food quality seems to be going downhill. Our service was fantastic, but we will not return with the quality of food they provide. We keep trying it over and over again hoping the quality will return. It has not and seems to be getting worse.Special Features:
- Wait serviceDinerDaveDined on 8/30/2014Jason again is an outstanding credit to the hospitality service. He has shown my guests and myself his passion and quality for superb guest interaction, food and wine knowledge, and thoroughness. His does what he loves.Special Features:
- Briarhurst ExperienceRCunnAttyDined on 8/8/2014This restaurant is hard to find. The entrance actually has the name of another business listed. The greeter was dressed in blue jeans, boots and shirt not tucked in. She was pleasant but inappropriately dressed for the venue. Our waiter was obviously outmanned as he had a large section to care for. Service was VERY slow. He kept apologizing. We did not receive the palate cleanser at the appropriate time. The food was overall very average, not what I expected from this restaurant. It took almost two hours from start to finish.
- Fancy FoodfoodiebooDined on 8/6/2014The food was prepared to our specifications and delicious. The table next to ours was a larger group and it was impossible to have a private conversation. For our anniversary dinner that put a bit of a damper on the evening just a bit. The food was worth the wait, however again, a bit of a damper on the evening was the time that we had to wait between each course took too long. For the price, I think I would make sure next time there was more privacy for a romantic setting. The food was the highlight of the evening. DELICIOUS! The presentation was also quite lovely. Taste was not diminished by the elaborate plating which was a work of art.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dining ExperiencevacationDined on 8/5/2014Our kids set up our reservation for our anniversary. The parking lot could use some help. It was not paved and it was raining when we went so it was a bit muddy. Once you got inside, the Manor is quite beautiful and the service was outstanding. The food was absolutely delicious. We chose to do the 5 course option and truly enjoyed everything that was put in front of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DissappointedShawnaDined on 8/2/2014The Briarhurst Manor needs help. When you first drive in, there is mud and potholes all over the parking lot. The food is a real disappointment. They are trying to be really fancy, but the food is so bland. The beef Wellington had no taste and the Wild Boar was really fatty. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone. Instead, just drive down the road a mile and eat at the Cliff House where the food is awesome.Special Features:
- Amazing foodcanadiangirlDined on 7/29/2014The food was amazing and they had items that were gluten free which made my dining experience that much better. The restaurant was hard to find at first with no visible signs around and trees over growing on the road sign but glad we took the time to find it.Special Features:
- Too StuffygbwcDined on 7/22/2014The meal and service were good. However, I do complain when the noise level is too high. The noise level in Briarhurst was TOO Low and with the dark wood and heavy decor, it was almost creepy.
- gongyDined on 7/20/2014Briarhurst is a lovely old estate and worth a visit. Food was well served and well presented. Had pepper steak, but couldn't find a trace of pepper. Two nice pieces of fillet in a very nice sauce. Garlic mashed potatoes grey and heavy....like the proverbial wet concrete. Also too heavy on the garlic.Except for the potatoes an excellent meal.Special Features:
- RedRoseDined on 7/12/2014The food and service were lack luster. I was not impressed with either. The potatoes were hard and had a terrible tasting/smelling pesto on them and the lamb chops were tough. The dessert I had was a very tough/chewy cake.Special Features:
- Best server everBladthedog10Dined on 7/12/2014Food was great and we had a lovely time. Small intimate room. What was amazing was the detailed level of service we received from our waitress. Well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gourmet dining in old manor housemtpostDined on 7/11/2014We were seated promptly and shortly Jason appeared, welcomed us, asked if we were using any coupons (we were using a Briarhurst birthday coupon for $25 off), and took our beverage order. We chose to go with the five-course dinner (amuse brioche, soup or salad, intermezzo, entree, and dessert). The amuse brioche was shocking in its neat, beautiful presentation, and tasty. The house salad was creatively pleasing to the eye (see website for ingredients) and intermezzo quite tart. The beef Wellington was amazing, cooked to perfection with great veggie garnishes. The the blackstrap molasses glaze did not fit with the very meaty wild boar rib chop. The blueberry chocolate tart and chocolate peanut butter pie were both wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MtngirlDined on 7/6/2014We liked our small dining room very much because it was quiet even though there were 12 adults there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceshannondklDined on 7/5/2014Our waitress was professional, prompt, and courteous, and she was great with our 6-year old daughter. The food was excellent. We did the 5 course meal and didn't regret it. We left full, but without a bunch of leftovers. My husband got the beef wellington and I got the quail. Both were tasty. Love the ambience there. Will go again! Only complaint was that we couldn't figure out where to go in for the restaurant, so wandered around a little bit first.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!NovaGrad70Dined on 7/3/2014Outstanding food, outstanding service, outstanding ambiance = outstanding period!Special Features:
- Musty GreetingswritelarryDined on 6/28/2014I like dining in historic places as long as they don't smell historic. The staff was great and the food was very good if not a bit pricey.Special Features:
- Special nighttwinblazeDined on 6/28/2014Spent 13th Anniversary at the Briarhurst Manor. The ambiance was perfect and our waitress Hannah could have been more helpful. I hadn't been there for 24 years and it was just as special as I remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!amt4000Dined on 6/28/2014We've been to Briarhurst Manor for dinner many times and we're never disappointed.Special Features:
- GrouponOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014Great bargain for two. I would buy another groupon for guest coming to visit.Special Features:
- enjoyable dininggreateatsDined on 6/26/2014The location was excellent with plenty of parking space. The hostess opened the door for us and lead us in to the front desk hostess. We were immediately taken to our reserved table in the main dining area. There Were Two Other couples being served. The waitress came right over and introduced herself with the specials and wine and beverage list, and dining menu. My husband and I chose the couple special which consists of a wonderful house salad w fresh greens, or melon soup, fresh baked loaf of bread w 3 specialty spreads, including a wonderful mushroom pate', and raspberry spread, 5 course meal, with a lemon Gelato, and the Beef Wellington which was cooked to our liking, asparagus, and seasoned cut potatoes. We finished with desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually good food, bad experienceBiondiDined on 6/21/2014I think I just came on a bad night, but I really didn't have a great experience at the Briarhurst. As we first walked through the door, there wasn't really anyone there to greet us. When each person came and asked if we'd been helped, it seemed nobody could actually seat us and were looking for the person that could. I decided to run to the restroom before we got sat. It was disgusting and smelled like the sewer had backed-up. After being seated, it took longer than most restaurants to be greeted and get some water. As for the food, the bread and appetizers and Shrimp Scampi were delicious. I made the mistake of ordering the Spring Gnocchi....it was gross. Usually I'm not too picky about food...but this was not good. Not worth the money.Special Features:
- bratwurst manor1stxvisitDined on 6/21/2014Food was yummy and well-presented. Alex, our server was fantastic! The owner was not high on customer service and the grounds were not well maintained. However, the Groupon made the 5-course meal an excellent bargain.Special Features:
- Delightful Anniversary MealOlderCoupleDined on 6/11/2014We used an anniversary discount to have a delicious dinner at the Briarhurst. Many people get the 5-course special, but we kept costs in check via a la carte ordering. It turned out we got the "amuse bouche" (palate cleanser) anyway, and it was charming. We split a scallop appetizer. Very nice. We didn't have soup this time, but I've had their lobster bisque, and it's delicious. Duck and bass were our two entrees. Both were good, although the bass didn't seem to have as much flavor as I remember from the past. Could be my own palate though; I'm losing some of my smell/taste senses. Our server was very attentive, and flowers I had sent ahead of time were nicely displayed.Special Features:
- loved briarhurst manor!vickiwDined on 6/4/2014we dined at briarhurst while on vacation in manitou springs for our anniversary. The food was delicious, the service was exceptional (thank you Hanne!). It was an overall very pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining in the SpringsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/1/2014Amazing menu with wide variety of wild game (boar, duck, venison etc), as well as classic plates like Beef Wellington. Lobster bisque was incredible.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/1/2014This was a wonderful experience from start to finish - we went while on our honeymoon and it was the perfect romantic dinner like the other reviews we saw mentioned. The food was delicious, we definitely recommend the 5-course option. Our server was really nice and attentive. My husband did not have dress pants with him on the trip but nice jeans and a button-up shirt was just fine. Our only suggestion would be that they need to put some sort of signage leading us to the front door because we had to do some wandering around to get in and then for the rest of our meal we could see people going the wrong way to try to get in!Special Features:
- poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/31/2014They were under staffed. People waited 30 minuets for a cocktail. Never got coffee but were charged. After 3 hours got a to go box. Waiter never checks on you. If you are going to charge 100 dollars for dinner then you deserve service. Too many coupons but maybe if you gave service you wouldn't need the coupons. Had to track someone down to even pay the bill. Most people were so distressed. Car was even hit so not a good night .Special Features:
- Fine Dining at it's best...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014The Briarhurst Manor s not your average dining experience. First, the setting takes you back in time and is just so stately. We enjoyed the 5 course dinner....everything was cooked and served to perfection. The menu offers a variety of items to meet everyone's palate. A word of caution though; if you hope to enjoy this gem on the weekends...be sure to make reservations.Special Features:
- The following 609 reviews are from the Briarhurst Manor reviews archive.
- Tasty and ElegantMinniescornerDined on 5/25/2014Victorian style dining area. The food was very unique and delicious. We aren't in Colorado Springs very often and wanted to dine somewhere special and this place was exactly that. Very romantic setting. Very attentive waiter. Nice ambiance and delicious food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as Alwaysarrow1632Dined on 5/17/2014Briarhurst is one of my wife and I's favorite places in Colorado Springs. The food and service are always excellent and the grounds are beautiful. Highly recommended for a quiet romantic night out and it's become a Mother's day tradition for us.Special Features:
- Amazing Place for a Special EveningMelDDined on 5/16/2014I used the user-friendly online reservation process, which the Briarhurst followed up with a phone call. I had some special requests for my husband's birthday, and they cheerfully helped me out. We received wonderful attention and service from Hanne, and a couple of visits from the owner. It was the perfect amount of attention without being intrusive. They shared information about the history of the manor and truly made it a wonderful experience. The amazing food was just the icing on the cake. When the owner found out I was sad a menu item had been discontinued, she let me know that if I called ahead next time, she'd have it made special! What a wonderful service. We felt like we were special individuals and valued customers.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014I love the nostalgic feeling of eating at this place that holds a lot of history. Any questions I had were answered with ease. The Steak Diane was very tasteful and I ovearall enjoyed bringing my Mother for our Mother's Day celebration.Special Features:
- disappointedwemathVIPDined on 5/8/2014Eaten here several times, while the service and ambiance remain top notch, quality of food seems to be on the decline. Neither my filet nor my wife's steak Dianne were top quality cuts of meat and, in fact, were downright tough.
- Anniversary DinnerLarkspurDined on 5/4/2014We chose the Briarhurst because we had a Groupon (4 course meal) and it was our anniversary. We started out on a bad note - the white wine we picked was not chilled just "held in the cellar" so the first glass was room temp - it was then properly chilled in a ice bucket. The first course was a tiny chilled artichoke with goat cheese - nothing special. The house salad was very good with a variety of greens and veggies. Our entrees were Steak Diane and chicken breast - both well prepared and served with delicious sauces and a nice variety of veggies. The desserts were a chocolate torte and 3 piece citrus sampler - loved both of them. The service was great and the courses were served with enough time between that you didn't feel rushed.Special Features: