404 Manitou Avenue
Manitou Springs, CO 80829Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.briarhurstdining.com/
- Phone: (719) 685-1864
- Hours of Operation:
Open Tuesdays -Sundays at 5 for dinner. Open on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve for a Special 5- Course Dinner. "Mistletoe, Mayhem and Murder....a Haunted night in Manitou" is our next Murder Mystery Dinner Show December 20th. Call for tickets as seating is limited. Please no coupons, discounts or promotions will be accepted on Holidays or for Special Events.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Wild Game, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Neil Moreno
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full service on site catering from extensive & diverse preplanned menus or customized to your individual needs & desires. Please call for information & quotes for your event.
- Private Party Facilities: Your personal experienced banquet director will guide you through the event planning process making your event a success using one or all of a variety of banquet options. You may choose one or all of nine intimate dining and meeting rooms.
- Private Party Contact: Ken, Janice, Alison 7196851864x
- Entertainment: Parties are welcome to hire musicians, bands or DJ's for their events. We can provide local referrals.
- Special Events: Visit our Website to sign up for our e-newsletter for monthly specials and updates.
A word from Briarhurst Manor
Winner of Top 50 Most Romantic Restaurants in U.S. by Open Table users. Best Fine Dining & Best Colorado Cuisine! Spectacular Victorian Estate on 5 secluded acres seats up to 500 guests features casual yet elegant dining in 9 intimate rooms, an extensive menu & wine list,complete 5-course dinners starting at $34 featuring domestic & game meats, fresh seafood, pastas, poultry, specialty salads, vegetarian,& hand crafted desserts. Just 10 minutes from downtown Colorado Springs, ideal for corporate meetings, fundraisers, weddings, receptions. Elegant outdoor patio dining, gazebos & rose garden provide the appropriate atmosphere for lifetime memories. Former home of Dr. William Bell, founder of Manitou Springs & Denver Rio Grande Railroad,& listed on the National Register of Historic Places."A final note: "As I gave my review a final edit, I noticed I had grossly overused six words: creative, crafted, gracious, succulent, elegant and lovely, I cannot make a finer recommendation"Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Briarhurst Manor - Best Restaurants in Manitou Springs ›
Briarhurst Manor reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (54)romantic (50)fit for foodies (28)notable wine list (24)neighborhood gem (19)good for groups (13)scenic view (10)great for outdoor dining (5)late-night find (5)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Excellent experience in a Colorado mountain town.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/21/2014Great atmosphere, excellent food and presentation, and impeccable serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014We have visited the Briarhurst many times, and it is always a treat. Rated as one of America's most romantic restaurants, it truly lives up to this reputation. The food was very good, the service was very personalized and absolutely outstanding, and the romantic atmosphere was unbeatable. This is THE place to celebrate a special occasion or to enjoy a quiet romantic evening of which memories are made. Thanks to all of the staff for making this a very special evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining want-to-beAnniversaryWoesDined on 11/7/2014My husband and I frequently dine out, including many fine dining restaurants in the Denver area. So we were disappointed with the quality of food at the Briarhurst Manor. Although food presentation is key, every course should taste amazing when you're paying top dollar. All the courses were somewhat bland in flavor and needed more finese...even the salad needed a more flavorful house dressing and vegetables. However, our main entrees were prepared well and quite delicious (Steak Diane and Buffalo Short Ribs). So this redeemed our overall dining experience, in order to give it at least 3 stars, but would not be enough reason to bring us back...the food simply lacked character, didn't stimulate the palate and was overpriced.Special Features:
- First time wasn't the charmmuchogustoDined on 10/25/2014As first time diners, we were slightly disappointed. Such a wonderful location and beautiful grounds, but with my lady in heels it was somewhat difficult to enjoy a stroll. Nice historic building, but the entrance leaves one feeling somewhat confused....some small changes could take it from "Oh...I see" to "Wow, what a cool place". The serving staff was knowledgeable, but came across as less certain of themselves than one would expect in terms of managing the diner's experience. Service was well timed and the food was excellent, just a few awkward moments during the ordering process and the delivery of the check (what was the rush?). Overall, a very pleasant experience, but it fell short of expectations...perhaps a group dinner next time.Special Features:
- gem in Colorado SpringsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014A must to go for a special evening or quiet get away for the evening ....relaxed excellent dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing, as always.jgibsoDined on 10/24/2014Food was excellent, service was perfect. Our waitress, Tommi, knew exactly what she was doing and helped guide us through the whole five-course experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/23/2014Absolutely fabulous food, setting, service, and desert. Highly recommend anyone in or traveling to Colorado to visit this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salmon Croquette specialOlderCoupleDined on 10/22/2014We went to have the salmon-in-pastry special. It was suggested that we upgrade to the five-course meal, but I am glad we chose not to. The entree was the perfect size for us. The extra items would have been too much food. The salmon was cooked perfectly for us: nice and moist, still pink (or pinkish-orange) on the inside, and the most delicate pastry we have had in ages. Paired with a simple Chardonnay, it was a perfect meal in a beautiful setting. The service was exquisite also.Special Features:
- Creative, delicious menuJeremyVIPDined on 10/19/2014The food was very good and had an inspired seasonal influence for fall. Very impressive. Execution was very slow, for which they generously comped all of our desserts. Most of the experience still feels dated, so it's surprising to see such a creative menu with modern plates and presentations. I hope they'll keep bringing it into the modern era, preserving only the beautiful and elegant space as the reflection of the Manor's historySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gourmet experienceFoodluverDined on 10/19/2014The five course meal was exceptional. Food preparation and service were outstanding, a wonderful dining experience. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dinner we've had in yearsJBS80922Dined on 10/17/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our 1st visit to the Briarhurst. Tommy, the waitress, patiently and thoroughly explained the menu to us and the food was amazing. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Fantastic RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014Briarhurst is a great restaurant. Outstanding food, phenomenal service, and a historic building.Special Features:
- Dinner for threePleasedDined on 10/11/2014The five course meal was excellent. The service was outstanding. We will definitely return again. I recommend this restaurant to anyone that appreciates a great dining atmosphere, food and service.Special Features:
- This Is the Place!dinerDined on 10/11/2014We have gone to the Briarhurst over the years for special occasions and recently, our son's wedding. They know us and we know them and it's like visiting family in the mansion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!SharonRDined on 10/1/2014The ambiance was very warm, welcoming and sophisticated. Our hostess Hannah was a delight and made us feel welcomed from the second we stepped foot into the Manor. She was very knowledgeable and professional, all the while very friendly and accommodating. Our server Alex was very friendly, professional and attentive. He was extremely helpful and observant. The food WAS TO DIE FOR! We had the Escargot, the most wonderfully rich lobster bisque soup, the Seared Scallops and the Quail. We then finished with the fanciest, most delicious, most beautiful pineapple upside down cake and Crème Brule. Our compliments to the chef and all who took part in making our 5 course meal absolute perfection!Special Features:
- A gem!Coloradodiner1Dined on 9/25/2014My wife and I dined at the Briarhurst Manor on September 25, 2014. The setting is spectacular. The 1870's Manor is tucked into a park like setting on the bank of Fountain Creek. The entire staff is helpful, friendly, and very knowledgeable about the cuisine and the history of the Manor. The nine dining rooms are intimate, and filled with charm. You can enjoy a three hour five course dinner for far less than you'd pay for an ordinary dinner at a large chain restaurant. The chef and kitchen staff were true artists. Not only was each course incredibly delicious, each course was a visual work of art. The wild boar chops are not to be missed. The extensive wine and cocktail menu adds to the experience. This is a must go to spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JimmyDined on 9/17/2014The food, ambience, and service were all outstanding. Our server, Hannah was great and took wonderful care of us.Special Features:
- Great Dinning experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014We enjoyed our time from the from the moment the hostess greeted us till we finished our 5 course meal. Hanna our waitress was pleasant & shared we us some history of the castle. We would recommend place to anyone who is looking for a romantic time out.Special Features:
- Great Restaurantherky93Dined on 9/14/2014The Briarhurst Manor is a great of house with a lot of history behind it. A very quiet and romantic setting. The food is great and the service is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic DiningFromSTLDined on 9/7/2014I took my fiancee for her birthday and we enjoyed a really nice dinner. They put us all by ourselves in the Library room where we could have privacy, the staff were all friendly and knowledgeable about the history of the manor, the food was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always enjoyManny11Dined on 9/6/2014Enjoyed the new menu! The food was excellent as always, Server was friendly and prompt!Special Features:
- Great !ChrisDined on 9/2/2014This restaurant is very romantic, with several rooms with only a few tables for 2, with enough distance that you feel you are the host of a castle. Great !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014We have been to briarhurst a number of times. The food quality seems to be going downhill. Our service was fantastic, but we will not return with the quality of food they provide. We keep trying it over and over again hoping the quality will return. It has not and seems to be getting worse.Special Features:
- Wait serviceDinerDaveDined on 8/30/2014Jason again is an outstanding credit to the hospitality service. He has shown my guests and myself his passion and quality for superb guest interaction, food and wine knowledge, and thoroughness. His does what he loves.Special Features:
- Briarhurst ExperienceRCunnAttyDined on 8/8/2014This restaurant is hard to find. The entrance actually has the name of another business listed. The greeter was dressed in blue jeans, boots and shirt not tucked in. She was pleasant but inappropriately dressed for the venue. Our waiter was obviously outmanned as he had a large section to care for. Service was VERY slow. He kept apologizing. We did not receive the palate cleanser at the appropriate time. The food was overall very average, not what I expected from this restaurant. It took almost two hours from start to finish.
- Wonderful Dining ExperiencevacationDined on 8/5/2014Our kids set up our reservation for our anniversary. The parking lot could use some help. It was not paved and it was raining when we went so it was a bit muddy. Once you got inside, the Manor is quite beautiful and the service was outstanding. The food was absolutely delicious. We chose to do the 5 course option and truly enjoyed everything that was put in front of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DissappointedShawnaDined on 8/2/2014The Briarhurst Manor needs help. When you first drive in, there is mud and potholes all over the parking lot. The food is a real disappointment. They are trying to be really fancy, but the food is so bland. The beef Wellington had no taste and the Wild Boar was really fatty. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone. Instead, just drive down the road a mile and eat at the Cliff House where the food is awesome.Special Features:
- Amazing foodcanadiangirlDined on 7/29/2014The food was amazing and they had items that were gluten free which made my dining experience that much better. The restaurant was hard to find at first with no visible signs around and trees over growing on the road sign but glad we took the time to find it.Special Features:
- The following 633 reviews are from the Briarhurst Manor reviews archive.
- Too StuffygbwcDined on 7/22/2014The meal and service were good. However, I do complain when the noise level is too high. The noise level in Briarhurst was TOO Low and with the dark wood and heavy decor, it was almost creepy.
- gongyDined on 7/20/2014Briarhurst is a lovely old estate and worth a visit. Food was well served and well presented. Had pepper steak, but couldn't find a trace of pepper. Two nice pieces of fillet in a very nice sauce. Garlic mashed potatoes grey and heavy....like the proverbial wet concrete. Also too heavy on the garlic.Except for the potatoes an excellent meal.Special Features:
- More Menu Choices!Sanders4Dined on 7/19/2014We've been going to Briarhurst Manor for 3yrs now and it's always been good. Recently they changed the menu keeping the old classics and adding some really good and interesting new options. It was actually hard to choose between the new stuff and the old favorites. I ended up getting the entrée but a classic desert. As always, well worth the visit!Special Features:
- RedRoseDined on 7/12/2014The food and service were lack luster. I was not impressed with either. The potatoes were hard and had a terrible tasting/smelling pesto on them and the lamb chops were tough. The dessert I had was a very tough/chewy cake.Special Features:
- Best server everBladthedog10Dined on 7/12/2014Food was great and we had a lovely time. Small intimate room. What was amazing was the detailed level of service we received from our waitress. Well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gourmet dining in old manor housemtpostDined on 7/11/2014We were seated promptly and shortly Jason appeared, welcomed us, asked if we were using any coupons (we were using a Briarhurst birthday coupon for $25 off), and took our beverage order. We chose to go with the five-course dinner (amuse brioche, soup or salad, intermezzo, entree, and dessert). The amuse brioche was shocking in its neat, beautiful presentation, and tasty. The house salad was creatively pleasing to the eye (see website for ingredients) and intermezzo quite tart. The beef Wellington was amazing, cooked to perfection with great veggie garnishes. The the blackstrap molasses glaze did not fit with the very meaty wild boar rib chop. The blueberry chocolate tart and chocolate peanut butter pie were both wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MtngirlDined on 7/6/2014We liked our small dining room very much because it was quiet even though there were 12 adults there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceshannondklDined on 7/5/2014Our waitress was professional, prompt, and courteous, and she was great with our 6-year old daughter. The food was excellent. We did the 5 course meal and didn't regret it. We left full, but without a bunch of leftovers. My husband got the beef wellington and I got the quail. Both were tasty. Love the ambience there. Will go again! Only complaint was that we couldn't figure out where to go in for the restaurant, so wandered around a little bit first.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!NovaGrad70Dined on 7/3/2014Outstanding food, outstanding service, outstanding ambiance = outstanding period!Special Features:
- Musty GreetingswritelarryDined on 6/28/2014I like dining in historic places as long as they don't smell historic. The staff was great and the food was very good if not a bit pricey.Special Features:
- Special nighttwinblazeDined on 6/28/2014Spent 13th Anniversary at the Briarhurst Manor. The ambiance was perfect and our waitress Hannah could have been more helpful. I hadn't been there for 24 years and it was just as special as I remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!amt4000Dined on 6/28/2014We've been to Briarhurst Manor for dinner many times and we're never disappointed.Special Features: