1300 Hyde Park Avenue
Hyde Park, MA 02136Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thebriarrosehydepark.com/
- Phone: 8573427864
- Hours of Operation:
Bar till 1am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Dan Doughtry
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Please visit our Facebook page for Special Events details
A word from Briar Rose
Upscale Pub FairContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Briar Rose reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (3)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (2)good for groups (1)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- I'd do it again!BeanDined on 8/2/2014I had the swordfish. It was done to perfection. Crispy on the edges and fresh and flaky in the middle. The mash potatoes were also about as good as you can get in a restaurant. The here beans were absolutely fresh and crispy. All in all a geat meal!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood FindHillerDined on 7/25/2014Great neighborhood place. I had a special (steak with lobster and lobster ravioli) Delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak Ever, but----howgoodwasit123Dined on 7/17/2014Went for lunch and dinner. Terrific steak tips at lunch. The best steak I've ever had (Cowboy Steak), others had the Tips and Fish-and-Chipsn Not pleased with the fish-thick gooey batter. Fried pickles and chicken tenders were delicious appetizers. Wait person forgot salads, gave marginal service/attention. Can only recommend with some reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New ResturantSteveVIPDined on 6/20/2014Food came out as fast as the appetiezer, and the food was "Warm". For the amount of money I would expect it to be "hot". The Hot meal is the fish and chip since they probably had to frie it. Remember, they are getting the kinks out of things, and they always tried to make it better if we said something. This was our third time there, and the food menu is great. Very good service. Great spot....
- New Hyde Park Spot: Briar RoseemvelezDined on 6/14/2014We had meat lovers pizza and chicken marsala. My husband thought the pizza could be a bit spicier. I saw the chef making it fresh in the kitchen when the kitchen doors opened. My dish was a bit under spiced also and needed salt and pepper. I loved the the soft pillows of garlic cloves throughout and the thin slices of red sweet pepper. The fettuccine was a smidge too al dente. The garden side salads with blue cheese dressing were delish. We were too stuffed for dessert.Special Features:
- New ResturantFBscoutDined on 6/13/2014The food was bland I think the cook needs to experiment more. The service was great and the food was plentiful I hope they figured it out soon we need this Resturant In the communitySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed BagKingInkDined on 5/31/2014Service was great. Food came quick - almost too quick. Short-ribs were a little too sweet for my tastes but everything else for our table was good.Special Features:
- The following 2 reviews are from the Briar Rose reviews archive.
- Disappointing overallKaitlynVIPDined on 5/16/2014We weren't expecting much, since we're both pretty easy to please, the place had only recently opened, and there were no reviews yet. Unfortunately, the food was mediocre—even with low expectations. We started with the slider sampler (plain burger was pretty good, but the others weren't great). We got the short rib and chicken parm, which were not good. The waitress was friendly, but when we asked what each of the sliders was, she couldn't tell us (and promised to ask, but never came back with the answer). We also got our appetizer at the same time as our meals. She offered to bring our entrées back to the kitchen to put under a heat lamp, but we declined. Wish there were more dining options in Hyde Park on OpenTable.
- food4meVIPDined on 5/8/2014We decided to try this new restaurant in Hyde Park even though we knew nothing about it. It has a pleasant low-key decor with a bar, booths and regular tables, many of which are next to a bright bank of windows. Our server was attentive and easy-going, and the food was served promptly. The menu is simple but varied, with sandwiches, salads, burgers and entrees. I had the Hawaiian pizza (large and yummy), and my husband had the roast chicken (not too spicy and delicious). Lots to take home. The chef came over to chat with us, which was a nice touch. We'll be back!Special Features: