Briar Rose Chophouse & Saloon
109 Lincoln Ave
Breckenridge, CO 80424Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Briar Rose Chophouse & Saloon
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.briarrosechophouse.com/
- Phone: (970) 453-9948
- Hours of Operation:
Saloon Open at 4:00 serving small plates and cocktails. Dinner at 5:00 in the main dining room. Small-Plates and full menu available in Saloon after 5:00.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Wild Game
- Executive Chef: Todd Nelson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wine
A word from Briar Rose Chophouse & Saloon
The Briar Rose Chophouse and Saloon has been serving the finest aged beef and fresh wild game at our landmark downtown restaurant for decades. Relationships developed with premium suppliers like Harris Ranch Beef and Snake River Farms bring the best of American beef and meats to your table. Our newly renovated dining room offers gracious chophouse service in an elegant atmosphere for a truly memorable meal. Our prized, historic back-bar is the centerpiece of our lively and entertaining Saloon where our guests may dine from the full menu or our Saloon's "small plates" menu. The Briar Rose Chophouse and Saloon is the perfect link between our old-west heritage and modern day appetites!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Briar Rose Chophouse & Saloon - Best Restaurants in Breckenridge ›
Briar Rose Chophouse & Saloon reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (55)fit for foodies (44)romantic (34)notable wine list (32)neighborhood gem (31)good for groups (9)hot spot (8)vibrant bar scene (6)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- The Best in BreckOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/8/2014The service was excellent. It was my daughter's 12th birthday and the staff was so attentive and made her feel special with a great chocolate dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good BUTDocdmsDined on 11/7/2014Seafood, service and ambiance was great. I ordered the rib eye steak and if that was a USDA Prime then I am the Pope. For full disclosure I am not the Pope.Special Features:
- DeliciousfoodieG23Dined on 10/26/2014My husband and I chose to celebrate our anniversary at the BriarRose. From the outside of the BriarRose Chophouse, which resembles the make-up of a 1880's saloon, one would question the quality of food and service. However, once inside, the experience is outstanding. Our server, Sabrina, was knowledgeable, friendly, and helped us navigate the cocktail and dinner menus. (Note: the BriarRose boats an impressive wine/liquor/cocktail list.) I enjoyed every aspect of our dinner but my favorite was my main dish - the Mustard Herb Crusted Colorado Rack of Lamb. It was hands down the best prepared lamb I have ever had. My husband and I rate this a close 2nd to a meal we had once at Jean-Georges in NYC. The BriarRose knows its food and drink!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in Breckenridge!CJCJDCDined on 10/25/2014Briar Rose is one of our favorite restaurants. The steaks and other specialties are mouth-watering and the side dishes are yummy and creative. Deserts are wonderful as well. HIghly recommend the appetizer bacon-wrapped scallops as a first stop to an excellent meal. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful MealbriankDined on 10/23/2014Excellent experience. Service was prompt, helpful and friendly. Rib-eye and trout were well prepared and very tasty. Sides were good, but very large - one serving could cover 2-4 people. Deserts were also appealing, with the chocolate cake being enormous yet delicious. Although the prices were somewhat higher than average in this area, the quality and quantity justifies it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingredheavenDined on 10/11/2014The food was delicious, the service was impeccable. Highly recommend for a special occasion or romantic evening without the kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steaks in BreckenridgeMikeVIPDined on 10/5/2014We tried the Briar Rose based on the reviews and the reviews were right. The steaks were delightful and served to perfection. The Lynnoise potatoes are fresh versions of home fries, but the carmelized onions they stood out. The waitstaff were friendly and prompt adding to the dinning experience. I would recommend this established Restaurant in Breckenridge without reservation.Special Features:
- SwishDined on 10/1/2014Service was outstanding. Food was prepared as ordered and timely with all courses. Outstanding dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Gem in Breck.CharlieBDined on 9/30/2014Had a wonderful meal in Breckenridge at the Briar Rose. My wife and I love wild game so we naturally ordered Elk and Buffalo... wonderful! Good service, delightful ambiance, and great service. What else could we ask for. My highest recommendation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!BudmanDined on 9/20/2014Great wine list. Food is unique and completely yummy! Staff is friendly but needs to check on their tables more often...empty glasses aren't a good thing. I would completely recommend checking this place out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't judge a book by its coverPikesPeakJerryDined on 9/20/2014It's antique and not appealing on the outside, but nothing but spectacular on the inside! Food, service, and ambiance exceeded expections for a ski town, and frankly sets itself apart as a top notch, classy restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing mealLoveToTravelDined on 9/20/2014Had dinner here last weekend and it was phenomenal. The steaks were delicious, the service was fantastic - attentive without being intrusive. We will definitely return in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014We recently experienced this restaurant for dinner and were looking forward to enjoying an evening together sharing a nice meal out. The waiter was very friendly and assisted us with our selections based on our taste preferences for both drinks and food choices. The food arrived and was delicious. After dining and settling our not inexpensive bill, we were asked to leave by the restaurant Manager because there was another group that had been waiting for a table for 30 minutes! I have NEVER been asked to leave a restaurant and found it extremely rude. This was a huge disappointment to our evening and a restaurant we will not return to because of that.
- Possible the best meal ever!OtterDined on 9/10/2014The service and food was spectacular! I wish I would have found this place years earlier. Simply amazing!Special Features:
- Awful food and high pricesBreckenridgeDined on 9/10/2014The salads were both terrible, I sent mine back, the potatoes that were recommended did not taste good. When the steak came it was almost cold. The only good part of the evening was the Hess wine at $75.00 a bottle, also over priced, but excellent. I would like to see what others have thought of this restraint.
- DennyMODined on 9/6/2014Our filet and sirloin were dry and tasted old, like perhaps they had been frozen. The vegetables and potato were very good, but when the main course is bad, the whole meal suffers greatly.
- First Class!DH47Dined on 9/5/2014We are in Breckenridge all summer, and we always take our guest to this wonderful well-run restaurant! We also enjoy the great appetizers for the Happy Hour. We have made many, many visits over the last seven years! NEVER DISAPPOINTED!Special Features:
- Perfecttipofthehat2uDined on 9/4/2014This is a great venue in a mountain town for a quiet, special dinner. The atmosphere is in keeping with the historical part of Breckenridge, and the service was outstanding. Everything was well done, from the appetizer to the dessert. We will continue to make this a part of our Breckenridge experience in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/1/2014Mountain resorts, rarely, meet expectations. The food and beverage operations are delineated by the resort's financial objectives while attempting to appease the consumer. The vast majority of the F&B operations, in Keystone, epitomize how deplorable a resort's food operations can be. The Briar Rose, in a mountain resort town, serves very good real food. The menu is represented well and the food is flavorful and really good. After all, isn't that why we go out is the savor really good food?Special Features:
- Breck LocalParticularDined on 8/31/2014We actualy set in the Saloon. It was great place. We often think of the Briar Rose for a very special occasion, but the saloon is a more relaxed atmosphere. It's too bad they don't take reservations in the saloon. The happy hour is also very good -- two for one drinks and the bar menu is reasonable and filled with tastie bites.Special Features:
- Babs61VIPDined on 8/29/2014Spinach salad was great but a bit tangy on dressing, steak was cooked just the way we asked and tender but could have used more seasoning, mashed potatoes were best I have ever had. Bacon wrapped scallops were yummy and creamed spinach was good. Our server was very attentive and answered all our questions.Special Features:
- Table TalkPistolPeteDined on 8/22/2014One of the few upscale restraunts where you can have good wine, great meal and actually hear what your friends are saying to you across the table. Recommend !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealJTBearDined on 8/22/2014I picked the Briar Rose Chophouse & Saloon on a recommendation from a friend. We had a great time. Service was A+, food was great and the ambiance was perfect. I highly recommend and we'll be back for sure. Thanks for a great night.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceStarRDined on 8/22/2014It was a celebration of a special Birthday for my wife so I wanted to a have a more "up scale" dining experience. It was tremendous. I had the Lamb and my wife had the Lobster. The Cream Corn was an excellent choice for a side dish, as were the fried potatoes and onions . We would have loved dessert, but were too full. Our waitress was friendly and informative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinning that makes your palate singWeezie67Dined on 8/20/2014We went to Briar Rose for our fine dinning experience in Breckenridge with local Colorado fare. We were tremendously satisfied with the menu options and excellent service! I had the Elk Medallions & my partner had the fresh farm raised chicken, both dishes were superb & well appointed, with flavors complementing each other. The only minor issues were that the restaurant is small, with very little space to afford a quiet dinner. Tables are close enough you are forced to over hear other conversations. All in all, I would recommend Brair Rose because the food more than makes up for the subtle loss of ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server great, other staff terrible!MikeVIPDined on 8/18/2014Group off employees were ganging out after their shift, drinking behind the bar talking about getting wasted and getting laid. This was not the scene I wanted for a summer honeymoon. The waitress was great and professional her manager and the other staff were obnoxious and rude. Please not we were the only patrons coming in at 930pm, however after dropping $200 on a dinner for two we were disappointed.
- Buffalo Steak FavoriteAthens11Dined on 8/17/2014We always enjoy Briar Rose. The service is timely, knowledgeable and courteous. Our favorite is the buffalo ribeye steak. Of course, their vegetable sides are fabulous too: creamed spinach, French fries, macaroni and cheese, etc. I would have given 5 stars for the food this time, but they were out of the buffalo steak and the special pork was a bit dry--not their best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MikeDined on 8/11/2014Were staying in Breckenridge for a week. A local there recommended Briar Rose and we were not disappointed. Excellent service and great sides.
- Birthday DinnerTKShannyDined on 8/8/2014We were vacationing in Breckenridge and I needed to plan a birthday celebration for my husband, site unseen. I selected Briar Rose to celebrate my husband's dinner based on the reviews and the menu. We were in no way disappointed. The service was excellent from the moment we stepped into Briar Rose to the time we paid our check. The food was fantastic for all members of our family. I would recommend this restaurant to anybody finding themselves in Breckenridge either for a special event or just to grab a good meal with a fantatic atmosphere.Special Features:
- Fantastic Service and FoodBandKDined on 8/5/2014We had our engagement photo shoot in Breck and searched for a nice restaurant afterwards. We could not have found a better spot. The elk medallions were unreal, and the Mac 'n Cheese was perfectly cheesy. The wine list had about 50 options and both entrees were great. Most notably, the service was wonderful. Our app order came out a bit late (no big deal to us because we were enjoying the wine and bread) yet they insisted on comp'ng our app. The manager came by to check on us a couple times and congratulated us on our engagement. Basically, everyone made us feel right at home. Can't wait to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really, really goodsjbdpbDined on 8/5/2014Anybody even considering the Elk medallions should just go ahead. Fantastic with the mushroom demiglace. Nice portion, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing.susiqDined on 8/4/2014We have been going to Breckenridge for many years but were turned on to the Briar Rose when friends invited us to dine there. It has been our go to place for our anniversary ever since.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent RestaurantReinerVIPDined on 8/1/2014Even though we had to wait a bit to get our table (30 min) it was worth it. The manager /owner got us a nice table at the window and even offered to buy us dessert since we had to wait a bit. I would definitely recommend this restaurant if you have a chance to visit Breckenridge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for steak and wineCharlieDined on 8/1/2014Sides were recommended by many reviewers including the mac and cheese, but I was not impressed, and in fact, found them unpleasant. I did not find any fault with my filet, it was buttery and well prepared. Service left much to be desired.Special Features:
- Second Visit and still loved itTnttownVIPDined on 7/31/2014We took a chance on Briar Rose last summer and was totally charmed by the atmosphere and the food offerings. The food was even better than I remembered it. I had the Elk which was maybe the most tender meat I've ever had. My husband tried the Iberica pork shoulder and was blown away. Mick was our waiter (he waited on us on our prior visit too). He's excellent and I would highly recommend you asking for him on your visit. I consider this one of the best places to dine in Breck.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- End to a nice mountain getawayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/28/2014The service and food were great. We had no problem splitting the dinner and even then took a box home. Very surprised how crowded it was on Monday evening. Noise level was tolerableSpecial Features:
- Very GoodSuperbVIPDined on 7/27/2014The ambiance is old west/Victorian. The food is very good, but would skip the game sausage trio appetizer as it was way over cooked and dry; avocado vichyssoise was a bit tasteless and buffalo short ribs were very fatty. The grilled asparagus and kobe skirt steak were very good as were the fresh berries and ice cream.Special Features:
- one of the besttravelrDined on 7/25/2014We were seated immediately and had the attention of our waiter and another server whenever a glass needed refilling. I had the buffalo bone in prime rib. It was done to perfection and very tender. My wife had the petit fillet with the same result. Their menu was inventive and interesting. A great place to eat but give yourself at least 1-1/2 hours as they do not rush to get you in and out.Special Features:
- The following 518 reviews are from the Briar Rose Chophouse & Saloon reviews archive.
- Best in BreckFavoriteDined on 7/23/2014Always excellent. We always dine at Briar Rose when we are back in Breckenridge. Never disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a DissapointmentSaddleBrookeFoodieDined on 7/22/2014Briar Rose has been around for years, and has moved forward with the times without losing the high quality of the overall dining experience. We had a great dinner - food, wine, service. Thanks Management!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.