Briar Rose Chophouse & Saloon
109 Lincoln Ave
Breckenridge, CO 80424Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Briar Rose Chophouse & Saloon
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.briarrosechophouse.com/
- Phone: 9704539948
- Hours of Operation:
Saloon Open at 4:00 serving small plates and cocktails. Dinner at 5:00 in the main dining room. Small-Plates and full menu available in Saloon after 5:00.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Wild Game
- Executive Chef: Todd Nelson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wine
A word from Briar Rose Chophouse & Saloon
The Briar Rose Chophouse and Saloon has been serving the finest aged beef and fresh wild game at our landmark downtown restaurant for decades. Relationships developed with premium suppliers like Harris Ranch Beef and Snake River Farms bring the best of American beef and meats to your table. Our newly renovated dining room offers gracious chophouse service in an elegant atmosphere for a truly memorable meal. Our prized, historic back-bar is the centerpiece of our lively and entertaining Saloon where our guests may dine from the full menu or our Saloon's "small plates" menu. The Briar Rose Chophouse and Saloon is the perfect link between our old-west heritage and modern day appetites!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Briar Rose Chophouse & Saloon - Best Restaurants in Breckenridge ›
Briar Rose Chophouse & Saloon reviews from OpenTable diners
80 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (57)romantic (38)notable wine list (35)fit for foodies (33)neighborhood gem (32)good for groups (17)kid-friendly (9)hot spot (9)vibrant bar scene (8)scenic view (5)late-night find (2)Show More
- Babs61Dined on 8/29/2014Spinach salad was great but a bit tangy on dressing, steak was cooked just the way we asked and tender but could have used more seasoning, mashed potatoes were best I have ever had. Bacon wrapped scallops were yummy and creamed spinach was good. Our server was very attentive and answered all our questions.Special Features:
- Table TalkPistolPeteDined on 8/22/2014One of the few upscale restraunts where you can have good wine, great meal and actually hear what your friends are saying to you across the table. Recommend !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealJTBearDined on 8/22/2014I picked the Briar Rose Chophouse & Saloon on a recommendation from a friend. We had a great time. Service was A+, food was great and the ambiance was perfect. I highly recommend and we'll be back for sure. Thanks for a great night.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceStarRDined on 8/22/2014It was a celebration of a special Birthday for my wife so I wanted to a have a more "up scale" dining experience. It was tremendous. I had the Lamb and my wife had the Lobster. The Cream Corn was an excellent choice for a side dish, as were the fried potatoes and onions . We would have loved dessert, but were too full. Our waitress was friendly and informative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinning that makes your palate singWeezie67Dined on 8/20/2014We went to Briar Rose for our fine dinning experience in Breckenridge with local Colorado fare. We were tremendously satisfied with the menu options and excellent service! I had the Elk Medallions & my partner had the fresh farm raised chicken, both dishes were superb & well appointed, with flavors complementing each other. The only minor issues were that the restaurant is small, with very little space to afford a quiet dinner. Tables are close enough you are forced to over hear other conversations. All in all, I would recommend Brair Rose because the food more than makes up for the subtle loss of ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server great, other staff terrible!MikeVIPDined on 8/18/2014Group off employees were ganging out after their shift, drinking behind the bar talking about getting wasted and getting laid. This was not the scene I wanted for a summer honeymoon. The waitress was great and professional her manager and the other staff were obnoxious and rude. Please not we were the only patrons coming in at 930pm, however after dropping $200 on a dinner for two we were disappointed.
- Buffalo Steak FavoriteAthens11Dined on 8/17/2014We always enjoy Briar Rose. The service is timely, knowledgeable and courteous. Our favorite is the buffalo ribeye steak. Of course, their vegetable sides are fabulous too: creamed spinach, French fries, macaroni and cheese, etc. I would have given 5 stars for the food this time, but they were out of the buffalo steak and the special pork was a bit dry--not their best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MikeDined on 8/11/2014Were staying in Breckenridge for a week. A local there recommended Briar Rose and we were not disappointed. Excellent service and great sides.
- Birthday DinnerTKShannyDined on 8/8/2014We were vacationing in Breckenridge and I needed to plan a birthday celebration for my husband, site unseen. I selected Briar Rose to celebrate my husband's dinner based on the reviews and the menu. We were in no way disappointed. The service was excellent from the moment we stepped into Briar Rose to the time we paid our check. The food was fantastic for all members of our family. I would recommend this restaurant to anybody finding themselves in Breckenridge either for a special event or just to grab a good meal with a fantatic atmosphere.Special Features:
- Fantastic Service and FoodBandKDined on 8/5/2014We had our engagement photo shoot in Breck and searched for a nice restaurant afterwards. We could not have found a better spot. The elk medallions were unreal, and the Mac 'n Cheese was perfectly cheesy. The wine list had about 50 options and both entrees were great. Most notably, the service was wonderful. Our app order came out a bit late (no big deal to us because we were enjoying the wine and bread) yet they insisted on comp'ng our app. The manager came by to check on us a couple times and congratulated us on our engagement. Basically, everyone made us feel right at home. Can't wait to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really, really goodsjbdpbDined on 8/5/2014Anybody even considering the Elk medallions should just go ahead. Fantastic with the mushroom demiglace. Nice portion, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing.susiqDined on 8/4/2014We have been going to Breckenridge for many years but were turned on to the Briar Rose when friends invited us to dine there. It has been our go to place for our anniversary ever since.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent RestaurantReinerVIPDined on 8/1/2014Even though we had to wait a bit to get our table (30 min) it was worth it. The manager /owner got us a nice table at the window and even offered to buy us dessert since we had to wait a bit. I would definitely recommend this restaurant if you have a chance to visit Breckenridge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for steak and wineCharlieDined on 8/1/2014Sides were recommended by many reviewers including the mac and cheese, but I was not impressed, and in fact, found them unpleasant. I did not find any fault with my filet, it was buttery and well prepared. Service left much to be desired.Special Features:
- Second Visit and still loved itTnttownVIPDined on 7/31/2014We took a chance on Briar Rose last summer and was totally charmed by the atmosphere and the food offerings. The food was even better than I remembered it. I had the Elk which was maybe the most tender meat I've ever had. My husband tried the Iberica pork shoulder and was blown away. Mick was our waiter (he waited on us on our prior visit too). He's excellent and I would highly recommend you asking for him on your visit. I consider this one of the best places to dine in Breck.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- End to a nice mountain getawayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/28/2014The service and food were great. We had no problem splitting the dinner and even then took a box home. Very surprised how crowded it was on Monday evening. Noise level was tolerableSpecial Features:
- Very GoodSuperbVIPDined on 7/27/2014The ambiance is old west/Victorian. The food is very good, but would skip the game sausage trio appetizer as it was way over cooked and dry; avocado vichyssoise was a bit tasteless and buffalo short ribs were very fatty. The grilled asparagus and kobe skirt steak were very good as were the fresh berries and ice cream.Special Features:
- one of the besttravelrDined on 7/25/2014We were seated immediately and had the attention of our waiter and another server whenever a glass needed refilling. I had the buffalo bone in prime rib. It was done to perfection and very tender. My wife had the petit fillet with the same result. Their menu was inventive and interesting. A great place to eat but give yourself at least 1-1/2 hours as they do not rush to get you in and out.Special Features:
- Best in BreckFavoriteDined on 7/23/2014Always excellent. We always dine at Briar Rose when we are back in Breckenridge. Never disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a DissapointmentSaddleBrookeFoodieDined on 7/22/2014Briar Rose has been around for years, and has moved forward with the times without losing the high quality of the overall dining experience. We had a great dinner - food, wine, service. Thanks Management!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TBWTDubDined on 7/21/2014We have been coming for years while staying in our second home. There are none better for steak, service, wine and dessert in Summit County. Truly a local gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choice for Pre-show dinnerAtticasCallahanDined on 7/19/2014Our family had a 5:45 reservation for dinner as we were trying to make a 7:30 concert. I had reviewed the menu on line and knew BRB had a nice variety of choices for us, two adults, two teens. Service was responsive and courteous. My son and I chose pasta (tortellini & penne) as we were hiking a "14er" the next morning. Warm bread with oil/vinegar is always a hit with my kids. A daily special Caprese salad was superb. Good Caesar also. Trout special was tasty. Nice range of wines by the glass & bottle. Even at full occupancy, we were able to converse at normal volume. Didn't feel rushed but we were out easily within an hour, enabling us to get to the show early. Good food, ambience & service. A hit with us, all happy. Will return!Special Features:
- Excellent foodOlduferDined on 7/17/2014My wife, our 2 kids and 2 grand kids celebrated my wife and my 50th anniversary here and we couldn't have been more pleased with the food and the service. Don't be fooled by the outside appearance. Step into an evening of marvellous dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic in every way!peteskiDined on 7/15/2014Amazing food, service and ambience! So glad I spent my birthday here. Had a group of 8 and service was excellent. Elk, Lamb, Duck and Shortribs were spectacular! A must try restaurant in Breckenridge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic dinnerIowahawkeyeDined on 7/13/2014Recommended by a friend and I I will pass that on. Our waitress "S" from upper New York was excellent and the food was amazing. Family style sides and great entrées will fill any appetite, made me think of Amana Colonies in Iowa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of BreckenridgeBreckHalDined on 7/12/2014Actually can be best of many places. Great food, awesome service, attention to details, nice setting. What more can one say? Very enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- One of the best in Breckwilliams0909Dined on 7/12/2014Awesome experience- steak was great and side dishes were incredible- best Mac and cheese I have ever had. Will go back for sure on next trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bigsidDined on 7/9/2014we were four diners: one entrée-Norwegian salmon was good, one diner had scallops (an appetizer) which were very good. the other couple ordered and shared a buffalo rib eye (medium). the rib eye served was on the rare side, it was chewy and tough; the accompanying sauce was too sweet for their taste.Special Features:
- The BEST!!!jvbreckDined on 7/4/2014Briar Rose NEVER disappoints! We took some friends there for the 4th of July, their first time, and had another outstanding dinner with some fantastic wine. Our server was just an incredible young lady that made our dinner that much more enjoyable! The best in Breckenridge!!!Special Features:
- Very GoodPapatreeDined on 7/1/2014The atmosphere is wonderful. My main complaint was a fairly tough pork chop--I think their beef is probably much better. My wife had sea bass which was good but a little down on flavor. The accompaniments were wonderful--the Lyonaisse potatoes were crispy and seasoned perfectly and the grilled asparagus was delicious. We didn't get too adventurous with dessert-key lime pie we shared which was good, but would like to try some of the other desserts on future trips. We would definitely go back, just would skip the pork chop, frankly I have found very few restaurants who can make a decent one.Special Features:
- Hot room, cold serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/30/2014We were promptly seated in their extremely hot (probably 80 degree) and stuffy dining room. Our "server" took our order for drinks and then proceeded to go into full-time service with her table of 8 and another table of 6. We waited for 15+ minutes for our cocktails, watching our server with her 2 large parties and the other staff members serving their tables. As nobody noticed or seemed to care about our lack of service we decided that another establishment was more deserving of our money. We got up and left, probably unnoticed by anyone there. The food looked good but as we didn't get any we give it one hungry star.
- Yummy! Classy!stacyDined on 6/22/2014Our family of eight (ages ranging from 11 to 87) had a fabulous meal with fantastic service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An memorable experienceGWinckDined on 6/21/2014Despite fact the AC was not functioning and it was very warm inside, our experience was a wonderful one. The food was fantastic, but even more amazing was our server Amy. A warm, friendly, upbeat disposition coupled with great attention to detail and great sense of humor, Amy did everything in her power to ensure we enjoyed our time at Briar Rose. She went above and beyond to deliver with excellence and accommodated every request we had, even some we only alluded to in gest! Chilled napkins to offset the room temperature was one such example. Overall - I would definitely recommend this restaurant and I would highly recommend you request Amy as your server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delishButterfly14Dined on 6/19/2014Best carnivore meal in Breckenridge. Prime rib , steaks and lamb chops to die forSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindHappydiningDined on 6/15/2014Great food (wonderful steaks) service & atmosphere at the dining area & bar. Everyone that works there is very nice & helpful. You always feel welcome. Go 2-3 times even if in town for just a week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and great service!DinecriticDined on 6/7/2014We went to Briar Rose as a last minute choice for a birthday celebration. The service was awesome and the good was amazing! Try the cheesecake - best you will ever have!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expected $$Pricey$$PriceyDined on 6/6/2014Not what I expected a $34 steak to taste like. I was hoping for jaw dropping wow, but got ehh I've had better. When I pay that much for a steak it should rank in the top 3 at least. But I can say that I have had a better steak at at least three other places that don't age their beef, it looked almost like they pan seared it instead of grilled it. The grilled Asparagus was great, baked potato was good, and their cream corn reminded me of a great Mexican food restaurant I have had before. Ambiance was quaint, moderate noise level, had to speak up quite a bit for my wife to hear me. They put us in a corner and I didn't like that. People seemed snooty, definitely the upscale Breck people. The staff was nice, but seemed a little slow. $pricey$Special Features:
- Excellent - as alwaysDaveVIPDined on 5/31/2014Our steaks were prepared perfectly and the sides were excellent. We had the Mac & Cheese, which is the best we've found, and the whipped potatoes, which are very rich. The wine list is extensive and our selection was very good.Special Features:
- CRLx2Dined on 5/23/2014Great food all the way around! We were a little miffed when we shows up for a reservation and still had to wait 30 minutes. Also, service was slow to say it nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvgoodfoodDined on 5/23/2014The foo was fantastic and the service was the best probably the best restaurant in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.