Briar Rose Chophouse & Saloon
109 Lincoln Ave
Breckenridge, CO 80424Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Briar Rose Chophouse & Saloon
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.briarrosechophouse.com/
- Phone: 9704539948
- Hours of Operation:
Saloon Open at 4:00 serving small plates and cocktails. Dinner at 5:00 in the main dining room. Small-Plates and full menu available in Saloon after 5:00.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Wild Game
- Executive Chef: Todd Nelson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wine
A word from Briar Rose Chophouse & Saloon
The Briar Rose Chophouse and Saloon has been serving the finest aged beef and fresh wild game at our landmark downtown restaurant for decades. Relationships developed with premium suppliers like Harris Ranch Beef and Snake River Farms bring the best of American beef and meats to your table. Our newly renovated dining room offers gracious chophouse service in an elegant atmosphere for a truly memorable meal. Our prized, historic back-bar is the centerpiece of our lively and entertaining Saloon where our guests may dine from the full menu or our Saloon's "small plates" menu. The Briar Rose Chophouse and Saloon is the perfect link between our old-west heritage and modern day appetites!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Briar Rose Chophouse & Saloon - Best Restaurants in Breckenridge ›
Briar Rose Chophouse & Saloon reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (62)romantic (40)notable wine list (37)fit for foodies (36)neighborhood gem (34)good for groups (18)kid-friendly (9)hot spot (9)vibrant bar scene (8)scenic view (5)late-night find (2)Show More
- DissapointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014We recently experienced this restaurant for dinner and were looking forward to enjoying an evening together sharing a nice meal out. The waiter was very friendly and assisted us with our selections based on our taste preferences for both drinks and food choices. The food arrived and was delicious. After dining and settling our not inexpensive bill, we were asked to leave by the restaurant Manager because there was another group that had been waiting for a table for 30 minutes! I have NEVER been asked to leave a restaurant and found it extremely rude. This was a huge disappointment to our evening and a restaurant we will not return to because of that.
- Possible the best meal ever!OtterDined on 9/10/2014The service and food was spectacular! I wish I would have found this place years earlier. Simply amazing!Special Features:
- Awful food and high pricesBreckenridgeDined on 9/10/2014The salads were both terrible, I sent mine back, the potatoes that were recommended did not taste good. When the steak came it was almost cold. The only good part of the evening was the Hess wine at $75.00 a bottle, also over priced, but excellent. I would like to see what others have thought of this restraint.
- DennyMODined on 9/6/2014Our filet and sirloin were dry and tasted old, like perhaps they had been frozen. The vegetables and potato were very good, but when the main course is bad, the whole meal suffers greatly.
- First Class!DH47Dined on 9/5/2014We are in Breckenridge all summer, and we always take our guest to this wonderful well-run restaurant! We also enjoy the great appetizers for the Happy Hour. We have made many, many visits over the last seven years! NEVER DISAPPOINTED!Special Features:
- Perfecttipofthehat2uDined on 9/4/2014This is a great venue in a mountain town for a quiet, special dinner. The atmosphere is in keeping with the historical part of Breckenridge, and the service was outstanding. Everything was well done, from the appetizer to the dessert. We will continue to make this a part of our Breckenridge experience in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/1/2014Mountain resorts, rarely, meet expectations. The food and beverage operations are delineated by the resort's financial objectives while attempting to appease the consumer. The vast majority of the F&B operations, in Keystone, epitomize how deplorable a resort's food operations can be. The Briar Rose, in a mountain resort town, serves very good real food. The menu is represented well and the food is flavorful and really good. After all, isn't that why we go out is the savor really good food?Special Features:
- Breck LocalParticularDined on 8/31/2014We actualy set in the Saloon. It was great place. We often think of the Briar Rose for a very special occasion, but the saloon is a more relaxed atmosphere. It's too bad they don't take reservations in the saloon. The happy hour is also very good -- two for one drinks and the bar menu is reasonable and filled with tastie bites.Special Features:
- Babs61Dined on 8/29/2014Spinach salad was great but a bit tangy on dressing, steak was cooked just the way we asked and tender but could have used more seasoning, mashed potatoes were best I have ever had. Bacon wrapped scallops were yummy and creamed spinach was good. Our server was very attentive and answered all our questions.Special Features:
- Table TalkPistolPeteDined on 8/22/2014One of the few upscale restraunts where you can have good wine, great meal and actually hear what your friends are saying to you across the table. Recommend !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealJTBearDined on 8/22/2014I picked the Briar Rose Chophouse & Saloon on a recommendation from a friend. We had a great time. Service was A+, food was great and the ambiance was perfect. I highly recommend and we'll be back for sure. Thanks for a great night.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceStarRDined on 8/22/2014It was a celebration of a special Birthday for my wife so I wanted to a have a more "up scale" dining experience. It was tremendous. I had the Lamb and my wife had the Lobster. The Cream Corn was an excellent choice for a side dish, as were the fried potatoes and onions . We would have loved dessert, but were too full. Our waitress was friendly and informative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinning that makes your palate singWeezie67Dined on 8/20/2014We went to Briar Rose for our fine dinning experience in Breckenridge with local Colorado fare. We were tremendously satisfied with the menu options and excellent service! I had the Elk Medallions & my partner had the fresh farm raised chicken, both dishes were superb & well appointed, with flavors complementing each other. The only minor issues were that the restaurant is small, with very little space to afford a quiet dinner. Tables are close enough you are forced to over hear other conversations. All in all, I would recommend Brair Rose because the food more than makes up for the subtle loss of ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server great, other staff terrible!MikeVIPDined on 8/18/2014Group off employees were ganging out after their shift, drinking behind the bar talking about getting wasted and getting laid. This was not the scene I wanted for a summer honeymoon. The waitress was great and professional her manager and the other staff were obnoxious and rude. Please not we were the only patrons coming in at 930pm, however after dropping $200 on a dinner for two we were disappointed.
- Buffalo Steak FavoriteAthens11Dined on 8/17/2014We always enjoy Briar Rose. The service is timely, knowledgeable and courteous. Our favorite is the buffalo ribeye steak. Of course, their vegetable sides are fabulous too: creamed spinach, French fries, macaroni and cheese, etc. I would have given 5 stars for the food this time, but they were out of the buffalo steak and the special pork was a bit dry--not their best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MikeDined on 8/11/2014Were staying in Breckenridge for a week. A local there recommended Briar Rose and we were not disappointed. Excellent service and great sides.
- Birthday DinnerTKShannyDined on 8/8/2014We were vacationing in Breckenridge and I needed to plan a birthday celebration for my husband, site unseen. I selected Briar Rose to celebrate my husband's dinner based on the reviews and the menu. We were in no way disappointed. The service was excellent from the moment we stepped into Briar Rose to the time we paid our check. The food was fantastic for all members of our family. I would recommend this restaurant to anybody finding themselves in Breckenridge either for a special event or just to grab a good meal with a fantatic atmosphere.Special Features:
- Fantastic Service and FoodBandKDined on 8/5/2014We had our engagement photo shoot in Breck and searched for a nice restaurant afterwards. We could not have found a better spot. The elk medallions were unreal, and the Mac 'n Cheese was perfectly cheesy. The wine list had about 50 options and both entrees were great. Most notably, the service was wonderful. Our app order came out a bit late (no big deal to us because we were enjoying the wine and bread) yet they insisted on comp'ng our app. The manager came by to check on us a couple times and congratulated us on our engagement. Basically, everyone made us feel right at home. Can't wait to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really, really goodsjbdpbDined on 8/5/2014Anybody even considering the Elk medallions should just go ahead. Fantastic with the mushroom demiglace. Nice portion, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing.susiqDined on 8/4/2014We have been going to Breckenridge for many years but were turned on to the Briar Rose when friends invited us to dine there. It has been our go to place for our anniversary ever since.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent RestaurantReinerVIPDined on 8/1/2014Even though we had to wait a bit to get our table (30 min) it was worth it. The manager /owner got us a nice table at the window and even offered to buy us dessert since we had to wait a bit. I would definitely recommend this restaurant if you have a chance to visit Breckenridge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for steak and wineCharlieDined on 8/1/2014Sides were recommended by many reviewers including the mac and cheese, but I was not impressed, and in fact, found them unpleasant. I did not find any fault with my filet, it was buttery and well prepared. Service left much to be desired.Special Features:
- Second Visit and still loved itTnttownVIPDined on 7/31/2014We took a chance on Briar Rose last summer and was totally charmed by the atmosphere and the food offerings. The food was even better than I remembered it. I had the Elk which was maybe the most tender meat I've ever had. My husband tried the Iberica pork shoulder and was blown away. Mick was our waiter (he waited on us on our prior visit too). He's excellent and I would highly recommend you asking for him on your visit. I consider this one of the best places to dine in Breck.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- End to a nice mountain getawayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/28/2014The service and food were great. We had no problem splitting the dinner and even then took a box home. Very surprised how crowded it was on Monday evening. Noise level was tolerableSpecial Features:
- Very GoodSuperbVIPDined on 7/27/2014The ambiance is old west/Victorian. The food is very good, but would skip the game sausage trio appetizer as it was way over cooked and dry; avocado vichyssoise was a bit tasteless and buffalo short ribs were very fatty. The grilled asparagus and kobe skirt steak were very good as were the fresh berries and ice cream.Special Features:
- one of the besttravelrDined on 7/25/2014We were seated immediately and had the attention of our waiter and another server whenever a glass needed refilling. I had the buffalo bone in prime rib. It was done to perfection and very tender. My wife had the petit fillet with the same result. Their menu was inventive and interesting. A great place to eat but give yourself at least 1-1/2 hours as they do not rush to get you in and out.Special Features:
- Best in BreckFavoriteDined on 7/23/2014Always excellent. We always dine at Briar Rose when we are back in Breckenridge. Never disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a DissapointmentSaddleBrookeFoodieDined on 7/22/2014Briar Rose has been around for years, and has moved forward with the times without losing the high quality of the overall dining experience. We had a great dinner - food, wine, service. Thanks Management!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TBWTDubDined on 7/21/2014We have been coming for years while staying in our second home. There are none better for steak, service, wine and dessert in Summit County. Truly a local gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choice for Pre-show dinnerAtticasCallahanDined on 7/19/2014Our family had a 5:45 reservation for dinner as we were trying to make a 7:30 concert. I had reviewed the menu on line and knew BRB had a nice variety of choices for us, two adults, two teens. Service was responsive and courteous. My son and I chose pasta (tortellini & penne) as we were hiking a "14er" the next morning. Warm bread with oil/vinegar is always a hit with my kids. A daily special Caprese salad was superb. Good Caesar also. Trout special was tasty. Nice range of wines by the glass & bottle. Even at full occupancy, we were able to converse at normal volume. Didn't feel rushed but we were out easily within an hour, enabling us to get to the show early. Good food, ambience & service. A hit with us, all happy. Will return!Special Features:
- Excellent foodOlduferDined on 7/17/2014My wife, our 2 kids and 2 grand kids celebrated my wife and my 50th anniversary here and we couldn't have been more pleased with the food and the service. Don't be fooled by the outside appearance. Step into an evening of marvellous dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic in every way!peteskiDined on 7/15/2014Amazing food, service and ambience! So glad I spent my birthday here. Had a group of 8 and service was excellent. Elk, Lamb, Duck and Shortribs were spectacular! A must try restaurant in Breckenridge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic dinnerIowahawkeyeDined on 7/13/2014Recommended by a friend and I I will pass that on. Our waitress "S" from upper New York was excellent and the food was amazing. Family style sides and great entrées will fill any appetite, made me think of Amana Colonies in Iowa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of BreckenridgeBreckHalDined on 7/12/2014Actually can be best of many places. Great food, awesome service, attention to details, nice setting. What more can one say? Very enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- One of the best in Breckwilliams0909Dined on 7/12/2014Awesome experience- steak was great and side dishes were incredible- best Mac and cheese I have ever had. Will go back for sure on next trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bigsidDined on 7/9/2014we were four diners: one entrée-Norwegian salmon was good, one diner had scallops (an appetizer) which were very good. the other couple ordered and shared a buffalo rib eye (medium). the rib eye served was on the rare side, it was chewy and tough; the accompanying sauce was too sweet for their taste.Special Features:
- The BEST!!!jvbreckDined on 7/4/2014Briar Rose NEVER disappoints! We took some friends there for the 4th of July, their first time, and had another outstanding dinner with some fantastic wine. Our server was just an incredible young lady that made our dinner that much more enjoyable! The best in Breckenridge!!!Special Features:
- Very GoodPapatreeDined on 7/1/2014The atmosphere is wonderful. My main complaint was a fairly tough pork chop--I think their beef is probably much better. My wife had sea bass which was good but a little down on flavor. The accompaniments were wonderful--the Lyonaisse potatoes were crispy and seasoned perfectly and the grilled asparagus was delicious. We didn't get too adventurous with dessert-key lime pie we shared which was good, but would like to try some of the other desserts on future trips. We would definitely go back, just would skip the pork chop, frankly I have found very few restaurants who can make a decent one.Special Features:
- Hot room, cold serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/30/2014We were promptly seated in their extremely hot (probably 80 degree) and stuffy dining room. Our "server" took our order for drinks and then proceeded to go into full-time service with her table of 8 and another table of 6. We waited for 15+ minutes for our cocktails, watching our server with her 2 large parties and the other staff members serving their tables. As nobody noticed or seemed to care about our lack of service we decided that another establishment was more deserving of our money. We got up and left, probably unnoticed by anyone there. The food looked good but as we didn't get any we give it one hungry star.
- Yummy! Classy!stacyDined on 6/22/2014Our family of eight (ages ranging from 11 to 87) had a fabulous meal with fantastic service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.