BRGR Kitchen & Bar - Power & Light
11 E 14th Street
Kansas City, MO 64106Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
BRGR Kitchen & Bar - Power & Light
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://brgrkitchen.com/
- Phone: 8162212747x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Burgers, Vegetarian
- Executive Chef: George Atsangbe/Darius McCool
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
A word from BRGR Kitchen & Bar - Power & Light
BRGR Kitchen & Bar - Power & Light brings a fresh adaption of the most classic restaurant concept around to the Kansas City area. The burger was born and bred in America as a convenient way to eat on the go, but it’s grown up a bit, and has become our country’s favorite food. BRGR (the owners’ initials) is taking a bold step forward with this concept. The classic American foodie will enjoy a value-oriented culinary experience designed with an atmosphere and attitude that doesn"t forget you’re a sophisticated eater. Hand-selected beers and wines as well as craft cocktails round out your experience and complement your meal. When you visit BRGR, you can expect great food, fresh ingredients, focused service, and a little reverence for classic American cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
BRGR Kitchen & Bar - Power & Light - Best Restaurants in Kansas City ›
BRGR Kitchen & Bar - Power & Light reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (24)great for lunch (22)great for outdoor dining (15)fit for foodies (14)vibrant bar scene (13)neighborhood gem (13)hot spot (12)late-night find (9)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (3)romantic (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Nice girls night outErinlDined on 10/16/2014We ate here before attending an event downtown. We had a delicious meal and we will definitely be coming back here again. Our only complaint was that when we our food arrived, our side dishes were not with our entrees. We had to wait about 10 more minutes before they came out. Otherwise, great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy but Funkjd6c2Dined on 9/27/2014I figured that the restaurant would be busy just being in the Power and Light District, but it was even more so with the hockey game and beer fest going on. I am so glad that we got a reservation didn't have to wait long at all. It is a great atmosphere there, kinda loud when it's busy but that is what you are going to get in a place like BRGR. Food was awesome and I LOVE that they have rotating local beers on tap.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for People WatchingDonnieDined on 9/27/2014Everything was 5-star except it took 45 minutes to get our food after ordering so I just couldn't give it 5 stars. But we were on the patio, the weather was perfect, the food (when it arrived) was great, and our server was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun night outOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/26/2014BRGR was a great start to our family night out. All of our servers recommendations were right on and our dinner selections were very tasty. On a sidenote - French fries don't come with any meal even the kids..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and great locationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014If you are going to a concert at Sprint this is a great stop for a quick dinner. Service was fast and friendly. Get a seat outside if the weather is nice, but be careful if you don't like flies buzzing around when you eat. Easy walking distance to Sprint. Wish their event parking next to the restaurant wasn't $15 or I would have parked there too. Park in the Power & Light garage right across from the Sprint Center for $10 and walk to BRGR.Special Features:
- Terrible serviceFal2fishVIPDined on 9/19/2014Terrible service my waitress was very inattentive. I would not recommend this to any of my family or friends. The food was awful and so was the service. The greeting was even awful when we walked in the two hosts were arguing. Won't be going back!
- Expect betterAustinsteVIPDined on 9/14/2014I was surprised it was not better. Burgers were over cooked and not really that great. It could be a good bar scene on weekends.Special Features:
- Great food, great serviceKCeatsDined on 9/12/2014Our family had dinner at BRGR for the first time recently, and it was a winning experience. The burgers were excellent and the service was prompt, efficient, and friendly. We definitely hope to come back!Special Features:
- Great with larger groupOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/4/2014I had my employee in KC for a meeting. We dined at BRGR in P&L. Great service, food, and drink selection.Special Features:
- Dine Downtown Deliciousness!nomnomnomVIPDined on 8/23/2014I came here for dinner during the Power & Light Dine Downtown week. For $25, I had soup, macaroni and cheese, and a generous portion of black and white cake. Everything was delicious, and the sangria I had to drink was great too! Happy I got to try this place--will be back.
- Just for funrfoodreviewVIPDined on 8/20/2014We like BRGR. Just the right place for a good burger. Good service.Special Features:
- Great BurgersOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014The staff is friendly and the food is great. There was a mix up with our reservation, but we were seated immediately anyway. Be sure to have the fried green tomatoes if they are on the menu! Also, the burger with the burnt ends and Caroline slaw was just about perfect: for it it should have been on a bun instead so on grilled sliced bread. Also, great place to go before a concert or event at Sprint Center.Special Features:
- Not ImpressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014We had 6 people crammed into a booth when lots of tables were available and we had a reservation. The actual burger was great, but the toppings were awful. The fried green tomato topping was way too small for the size of the burger and the parmesan crisp was awful. Our server was fabulous. Needless to say, we weren’t overly impressed.
- Great Brunchnorris4114Dined on 8/10/2014After the Race for the Cure, we went to BRGR at Power and Light for brunch. It was fantastic! Our server was very knowledgeable about the menu and went out of his way to make our experience fantastic. The food was amazing!Special Features:
- Cool Place, Great BurgerccinkcVIPDined on 8/9/2014As much as a hassel Power & Light can be, especially with the road construction going on right now, I would put those concerns aside to go back to BRGR. Been wanting to try this place for awhile and it didn't disappoint. I had the BRGR burger, which was cooked to perfection and mighty tasty. My date had the Juicy Lucy and was also quite pleased. Truffle fries and homemade ketchup made a delicious side. Especially loved the dusting of cheese atop the fries. And we also got a side of the mac & cheese. My date loved it, while I thought it was just okay. Very creamy, but not as flavorful as I would've hoped. Great service, cool decor and bar. Definitely worth a second and third visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014Absolutely great food, service and ambience. Had the lobster grilled cheese, truffle fries and mocha caramel shake. YumSpecial Features:
- Great Burgers - no flies pleaseHungryTonyDined on 8/1/2014This restaurant has great food, very good staff (thanks Shaun), and a clean well decorated building. The restrooms were quite unique, well appointed, and very clean. The only negative would be the house fly which kept biting my wife's ankle and the one particular front window which had a fly amusement park going and a population between 30 and 50. I'm sure it was a one time, summer evening thing and then moved on to the next venue. Don't let this small annoyance stop you as the food was prepared perfectly.Special Features:
- ConsistentDavidDined on 7/31/2014Repeat customer and always satisfied with food and service. Not the best burger place in town, but "Top 5". Convenient to P&L district.Special Features:
- Fun vibe, great food!beachlvrDined on 7/31/2014Great little spot with unique burger options and drink selections. Good size portions and reasonable prices. There was a concert going on the evening we dined here so the place was definitely buzzing. Fun vibe.......great location. Will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Nice eveningrfoodreviewVIPDined on 7/25/2014BRGR hit the spot Friday evening. It was just what we were looking for that evening, good service, good food.Special Features:
- Awesome Bachelorette BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/20/2014Everyone loved their food and the service, perfect brunch with unique dishes based off of comfort foods. Loved it. My guests, all from Omaha, NE, were begging for them to open a restaurant in Omaha.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing hamburgersluvburgersDined on 7/8/2014My expectations were high since we had tried their other location. The onion rings and truffle fries were just as delicious as always. However the hamburgers at this location were unsatisfactory. The meat had lots of cartilage or gristle. It had a smidgeon of melted cheese and the buns were dry and did not taste fresh. The onion straws on the burger were cold. I took a couple bites and took it home so that my husband could give me his opinion. He agreed that it was not a quality burger. We will not be going back.Special Features:
- Enjoyed our mealLoLoDined on 6/28/2014This was my second dining experience at BRGR and I really like the turkey burger I got. The mac and cheese could have used more flavor and the same with the black and white cake. Overall, we enjoyed our dinner and will likely go back based on the ambience and quality of the burgers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 82 reviews are from the BRGR Kitchen & Bar - Power & Light reviews archive.
- Tasty BurgerPJKittyDined on 6/20/2014They didn't make us wait for the entire party to arrive before seating, which was great, because we were not coordinated enough for that. The place was loud and busy, but it was a Friday night at P&L and there was a free concert later that evening, so that wasn't unexpected at all (hence why I used OpenTable to make a reservation). I had the Sangria, which was pretty good, and my burger was delicious. I also had the tots and an order of the Sourdough with an array of spreads. The bacon jam was interesting...sortof reminded me of meatloaf.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I want to like this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/17/2014I really want to like this restaurant. I eat out frequently and have dined at this restaurant four times. (I keep thinking it will get better every time, but it doesn't). The service is very poor-having to flag down a waiter to order drinks, having food delivered and the waiter not checking back to see how our food was until dropping off the bill, having the waiter spill drinks on my head, etc. The food is pretty good, but is never prepared how I ordered it (burger not cooked correctly, ordering a plain burger and having it come with mustard, pickles and cheese, having a sandwich with soggy bread, etc.). I have given this restaurant four chances, but have yet to have a good experience. I can't recommend it at this point.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014Awesome food, beer and service. New favorite place at Power and Light!Special Features:
- So GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/31/2014My mom and I went here before the Cher concert, and our waitress rocked, we needed everything to be quick and prompt and she did exactly that, not to mention that the food is always awesome at BRGR!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great start for a night with CherGenoDined on 5/31/2014I have been to the BRGR in PV many times but this is first at P&L. Food just as good, service just as good, ambiance better. Recommend for anyone looking for an excellent light meal before a move or event at Sprint, great wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gourmet burgers done rightAndreaVIPDined on 5/19/2014the food was amazing. i wish it was just slightly less expensive. $13.50 for a burger a la carte is a bit much. if it was $13.50 with a side, i think it would be a bit better.Special Features:
- Great new restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014The food was excellent! We partook in happy hour and the raspberry buck was a great drink for summer. Bar staff as well as wait staff were both knowledgeable and friendly. Overall, a great find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit off tonightbatkcDined on 5/16/2014My family and I went to BRGR for dinner before a show at Sprint Center. We had a reservation and were seated immediately. The noise level was what I expected, this is a busy place on a Friday evening. We each ordered a burger. My son's was undercooked, but the rest were fine. My fries were cold, so our server got me slightly warmer, but much saltier, fries. Overall, we had a good burger and a decent experience. When I've been here previously, I had an excellent burger and a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Burger Joint in KCOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/15/2014BRGR has an amazing selection of burgers, all available with delicious gluten-free buns if you're gluten intolerant like I am. Their fries are TO DIE FOR, and they give you a sizable amount of them. The service is always quick and very friendly, and I would go back every day if I could.Special Features:
- Large Portions, Slow ServiceTimDVIPDined on 4/30/2014We started off with an appetizer of the pretzel cheese dip. It was thicker than expected and had good flavor, but also felt like there was something missing, but 2 pretzels & chips started off our large dinner. Next, we had the C2 burger and the Porchetta burger. Both were delicious - C2 was extra spicy and the porchetta was good, but thin. The outstanding part of the dining experience was the trio of sides - onion rings (3), tator tots (truffle), and sweet potato fries (crispy) with dipping sauces - love the dipping sauces! There's no way you'll leave hungry! For the negative, drinks took way too long to get to the table - over 10 minutes waiting and they weren't that busy. Our server was okay not great. Enjoyed it and will return.Special Features:
- BRGR Power and Light DistrictOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/25/2014Great burgers. Large enough that twp could easily split. Considering the size, the value is good. On the other hand the drinks are pricey. The tab can run up if everyone gets their own burger andhas a few drinks.Special Features:
- Great burgerWinegirlDined on 4/24/2014Tasty burgers cooked well. Mine had a Nice touch with toast with broiled parm cheese on top instead of a bun. Truffle fries were thin and delicious. Not too greasy. Onion rings are 5 big rings with parm cheese sprinkled on topSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded My Expectations!AdexecDined on 4/20/2014My 24 year old son chose this for Easter Sunday Brunch. I was not happy but went along just to spend the time with my young adult children. It was phenomenal! The atmosphere, food, wine, bloody mary's...PERFECTION! And nicely eclectic crowd, young families, young couples, older couples, singles, large families...I will definitely be back :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticBrunchDined on 4/12/2014We were seated promptly upon on reservation time. The wait/bar staff were fantastic and the food was delicious. Can't wait to return. Just a side note - the bathrooms are unisex...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great burgersWantDelishDined on 4/11/2014Great spot for great burgers and a cold adult beverage. HUGE onion rings!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good, not great.SAW01VIPDined on 4/6/2014Food was good, not great. Portion sizes good but small for the price. Side of brussel sprouts was cooked very nice but was served room temp at best. Server replaced immediately. Might/might not return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our first time won't be therfoodreviewVIPDined on 3/22/2014Our first time won't be the last. Good food Liked our server Think our college sons will like alotSpecial Features: