411 S. Monarch St.
Aspen, CO 81611Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.brexiaspen.com/
- Phone: 9709252838
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:30pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Mario Romero
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Wine Cave and Roof Top Terrace available for private events.
- Private Party Contact: Samantha 9709255160
A word from Brexi
Traditional French Brasserie. Serving simple, hearty French food.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Brexi reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (17)fit for foodies (16)great for outdoor dining (12)romantic (11)good for groups (10)special occasion (9)vibrant bar scene (5)notable wine list (5)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (4)hot spot (2)late-night find (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- scottsdale richScottsdaleRichVIPDined on 9/5/2014Excellent meal at Brexi. Off season brings a quieter dining room and very attentive service. Fish offerings were outstanding as always. The meat eaters have even more to choose from.Special Features:
- BelleDined on 8/28/2014Excellent as always! Marco the server was excellent the food was excellent perfect evening thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BelleDined on 8/20/2014Excellent as always! Server, Marko was very attentive, and not invasive. Knowledgeable and extremely polite. Great job!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BelleDined on 8/17/2014Delicious, elegant and charming! What more could you ask for in Aspen. We've come 3 times in 2wks and will be back more in the next 2 wks. Good job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French bistro style menu worksAspenhuskeretteVIPDined on 8/8/2014Hearty fare, but also nice fish options. The French bistro menu and ambiance stands out in Aspen. Brexi is a nice addition to the already good restaurant scene in Aspen.Special Features:
- Always reliableLocaldiner63VIPDined on 8/6/2014Great, interesting food with a fun ambiance. Their daily specials (we were there for Wednesday Sole Meuniere) cannot be beat. Service was good although the waiter kept mistaking our sparkling water in our glasses for tap water and inadvertently filled our glasses with the wrong liquid. It was fine the first time - understandable mistake; slightly annoying the second time. No matter - we dined in ease and enjoyed our meals and will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food lackluster and overpricedGatorBethDined on 7/26/2014The food was good BUT it wasn't worth what you are charged. I realize it is Aspen so a plate of cat food would cost an arm and a leg. The steak and fries was not worth $42. The steak was good, not great. The fries had no taste. The escargot was good and original though. Nice atmosphere until the 20 somethings show up and get loud and ruin the experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continues to pleaseNoonchVIPDined on 7/18/2014After several years Brexi is still a winner. The atmosphere is great as well as the food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oil Spill...discriminatingpalette1741VIPDined on 7/15/2014Everything was incredibly greasy and overpriced. Even the dessert was oily…They also had no kids menu and our girls wouldn't go near the baked spud w/raclette cheese that resembled the BP Oil spill. Very disappointing.
- Lovely eveningBuffyStreetVIPDined on 7/12/2014Granddaughter and I for a pre-event dinner. Service lovely, food delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Aspen RestaurantAspenMomDined on 6/26/2014Brexi has excellent food in a warm atmosphere. The staff is friendly, professional, knowledgeable, and accommodating. We really enjoyed our evening there with a group of clients. This is one of our "go to" spots in Aspen when we are entertaining clients. You can talk and be heard (which is not the case in all restaurants today!).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big servingstryingbrunchspotsDined on 6/24/2014Brexi was such a treat. We had a great time bringing our out of town friends to this yummy spot. The food was great and the portions were huge, we over ordered by far.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So delic!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/19/2014My husband and I went here just for a "nice dinner". Everything was delicious. Unfortunately they didn't have a sommelier and I didn't feel their wine buyer was very knowledgeable, which doesn't make much sense, but whatever. We started off with oysters which were spectacular, followed by frogs legs (a first). I had scallops and my husband had the filet. All this delicious was followed by sticky toffee pudding, which while not French, is my favorite dessert. Our waiter was fantastic!Special Features:
- EveningDinerDined on 6/13/2014Brexi has character. It's elegant yet not too over-the-top. The food is consistently good. Dining outside can be quite pleasant although it's not a large outside dining area. The staff are very attentive and friendly and the wine selection is quite good both for French and domestic wines.Special Features:
- So happy we chose BrexiWKWHParkerDined on 6/12/2014We had a family dinner with our boys - 13 & 15. We tried a few appetizers - which were amazing. We really enjoyed trying the frog legs! Then dinner came and we each completely enjoyed our meals - Salmon, Steak & Lobster. Of course we couldn't skip dessert - our 13 year old is so happy that he discovered creme brulee. We will come back to Brexi the next time we're in Aspen and encourage anyone and everyone to go here. Amazing food and the wine selection was quite nice as well. The service is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive and food could be betterKileyVIPDined on 5/24/2014Love the ambiance of this restaurant. The steaks were very expensive and only marginal, I had bouillabaisse made with trout and was sorry I ordered it. The chicken was the best dinner out of the four.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 154 reviews are from the Brexi reviews archive.
- Excellent food, great energyMtnMissyDined on 4/19/2014We went to Brexi at the end of the ski season.. the food was amazing, the service was prompt, polite and not over-bearing. I had the filet mignon and my husband had the bone-in strip... both outstanding. We also had a cheese tray and it was like heaven. Great restaurant.. glad we stepped out of the box for ourselves.Special Features:
- MusicOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/28/2014Horrible!!!!! Please change. Not sure I would return because of the terrible music.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brexi's Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/25/2014Everything about this restaurant is terrific . . . food! service! ambience! location!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as prior visitseemgVIPDined on 3/22/2014This was not a great experience -- too bad, since we used to like Brexi quite a bit. Food quality and service were not as good as prior visits. Our impression was that the bouillabaisse included lower-quality shellfish, especially the crab legs and lobster. At $37, we expected more. Service was friendly but slow -- didn't get our wine until almost done with the entrees. Price was much too high for the quality and we'll probably not return anytime soon.
- Took a friend who is leavingHowardDined on 3/19/2014Took a friend who is leaving town, everything was outstanding. the Waiter even remembered to wish her luck on her promotion and move! Will go back soonSpecial Features:
- NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 3/18/2014Nicely decorated, though the space is a little disjointed (our table was next to the bar). Some entrees better than others (the haddock was just so-so), the brussel sprouts were good, can't recommend the Yukon potato. The staff were very good/nice.Special Features:
- A Delightful Eveningdesigner6905Dined on 3/14/2014We enjoyed our dinners very much. We started with the beet salad and he had the frise and we both ordered chicken. It was all beautifully prepared and displayed. The service was super and we hope to return again soon. Very nice atmosphere. Tables are tight, ala France, but not uncomfortable.Special Features:
- Delicious dinner!ATLdinerVIPDined on 3/11/2014I rarely book French restaurants for my group that includes four men, but made an exception once I looked at the menu online. We all enjoyed a delicious dinner there. The Caesar salad was one of the best ever - crisp romaine with lots of fresh Parmesan cheese. Also recommend the perfectly cooked filet and roasted chicken. A very pleasant evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious/High End Comfort FoodBlancaVIPDined on 3/11/2014Brexi is warm and inviting, very delicious, sophisticated yet comfortable. It is a little pricey, but worth the price. The steak au poivre and Caesar salad are the best. The duck is splendid.Special Features:
- Nice menu. We are early soLVMummyVIPDined on 2/27/2014Nice menu. We are early so bar scene had not picked up & it wasn't noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK, but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/26/2014Had dinner with my daughter her after skiing. The restaurant is beautiful. The light fixtures are very cool. The service was not so hot. Our waiter evidently did not bother writing down our order and forgot about a side dish that was ordered. It is great if a waiter can remember everything that is ordered, but I prefer to have him write it down rather than forget something. The food was ok. I had a Caesar Salad which seemed to be missing garlic--it was very bland. I got the beef bourguignon. It was done with short ribs. The ribs are a little too fatty for that preparation I think. The broth was OK, but not great.
- Great S re ice-bad FoodJackrflyDined on 2/24/2014Six of us had dinner and other than the two who ordered the Burgers, the comments were not positive. Steak was covered in sauce to hide a very below average filet. Very disappointed. Wine buyer was awesome as was the server. Perhaps we hit it on a bad night but 4 of the 6 said it was below average.
- tip amount on each of 3 chargesdaveDined on 2/23/2014The charge slips for the dinner bill split 3 ways appear to be incorrect. Each charge slip show $80 for tips.
- Really a best valueFelNitDined on 2/10/2014It is good valeu restaurant in Aspen... Very nice and casual ambiance, great for a wine and diner after ski .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service by Marko.cystomanDined on 2/7/2014Excellent service by Marko. Food great. In fact 1 of our party who had to stay over went there the next night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food. Service tooKingkongDined on 1/24/2014Excellent food. Service too imvasive wothout reason.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful French bistro experienceDeMaloneyDined on 1/18/2014Wonderful French bistro with tasty food and attentive servers. I really liked the help with ordering a couple bottles of wine. We were steered in the right direction with a reasonable price point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/17/2014In making this' reservation, we informed the person that we were celebrating a birthday. When we arrived we reminded the hostess of the birthday. Thet did nothing to celebrate the birthday. When asked why, they said if we had ordered a dessert they would have put a candle in it. They apologized for their lack of communication, and would discuss it with the staff. That did not help in our celebration. VERY DISAPPOINTING!
- Good Aspen LocationLoriNVIPDined on 1/16/2014Brexi is a busy jumping place to be in Aspen. Good location, close to the St. Regis. I was looking forward to dining there. The overall experience was good but we were a little disappointed in the food. The caesar salad was delicious and a good size portion. The stripped bass presentation was beautiful although it was a little bland. The bone in strip was cooked perfectly but a little tough. Great service so we will give it another try.Special Features:
- Best BurgersWineheartDined on 1/11/2014Always stop at Brexi for the burger. None better that I have found. It's a must stop for the entire menu. Never have been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- second time as good as the firstradsailorDined on 1/10/2014The fois gras is fantastic . Service great. Atmosphere great. Food great Price- for what we ordered and being in Aspen, not badSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great burgerFredDined on 1/8/2014Nice bistrot. Friendly staff. Great service. Best burger in Aspen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good not great service badMermaidMagicDinesDined on 12/26/2013Gods was good my chicken came out cold which was scary. And a little pink which was not edible. Waitress seemed to be too busy to stop by our table and check in. Also they were busy and they rushed us with entree being served before appetizer was finished. They also must of wanted our table to leave since the bill was put on table before asking if we wanted dessert.Special Features:
- Great Service, disappointing foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/23/2013While Brexi has great service and ambience, we were surprised by the lack of actual French fare. I had lobster carbonara, which was disappointingly bland. The only truly lauded item we were served was the beef tartare. Would only recommend to those seeking a fun aspen crowd.Special Features: