295 Montauk Highway
Speonk, NY 11972Neighborhood:
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.brewologypub.com/
- Phone: (631) 801-6221
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Thursday: 11:30am - 3:30pm
Dinner: Monday-Sunday: 4:00pm -11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Lia Fallon
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Brewology
Brewology is a gastropub offering craft beers with a focus on high-level American cuisine. The only thing more serious than our beer is our food. Executive Chef Lia Fallon has masterfully prepared a menu that incorporates fresh, local ingredients with a well-executed twist on modern bar cuisine. The idea is to compose a menu that will not only highlight the nuanced flavors in our craft beers but to allow these craft beers to complement the expertly executed dishes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerGastro Pub
Brewology - Best Restaurants in Riverhead ›
Brewology reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (24)fit for foodies (21)vibrant bar scene (20)good for groups (16)hot spot (9)notable wine list (4)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (2)late-night find (2)great for brunch (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/21/2014High hopes for a new neighborhood meeting place, but it was so noisy, we couldn't hear each other across the table. Finished our beer and left before dinner.Special Features:
- Good dinnerMchamp14Dined on 10/18/2014Food was very good, beer flight great. They initially gave us the wrong food but quickly fixed that. The one thing that was not good was the noise it was sooooo noisy it was hard to have a conversation. It was a bit over priced as well for the food but very good. The flat breads where very good. My husbands burger was excellent. Would go back again but maybe try a time when its not so busy so the noise level is lower I hope.Special Features:
- Lia Fallon does not disappoint!2foodloversDined on 10/9/2014Have wanted to try Brewology since its inception and was not disappointed by the food or drink. Only complaint is the noise level. Not jamming the night we were there and it was LOUD! I expect when crowded, as I'm sure it can be, it would be deafening. Still intend on returning, but will try to pick an "off time".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good burgersDebraDVIPDined on 10/7/2014We have been here several times, all of the burgers never disappoint. The beer is great, fun way to start with a flight. The waiter was over worked, he tried to be attentive, but the bar is always slow with drinks as well as the food from the kitchen. The noise level is off the charts, we dined on a Tuesday night, we waited an hour and a half for burgers. We really want this restaurant to succeed, we need a great local place out here, especially in the winter when there are few good choices for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food by service is awfulSusanVIPDined on 9/26/2014This place has good food preperation but that is where all the positives stop. Service is very very slow and you can't hear yourself as the noise level is so high. Noise was worst than at a ballgame when a winning play is made. Fries came out cold.
- Great PlacerisaDined on 9/26/2014The only negative thing I can say about Brewology is the noise level is over the top. The manager said that they were in the process of placing acoustic panels on the ceiling. The food was good, the waitstaff was outstanding and very friendly. I will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just ok!PattiecakeDined on 9/25/2014The food was just ok...my hubs burger was cold...my sons short rIbs were $30 worth of all fat!! Food needs help! And they were out of 3 beers including pumpkin ale!?!! Seriously this is the pumpkin ale season!! But the place is decorated super cute... And my daughter loved the chalk board walls in the bathroom...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too NoisyPattyVIPDined on 9/12/2014Fourth time at this restaurant, three out of four times service has been terrible, waiting over an hour for food. Mananger extremely apologetic but cannot make up for terrible service. Think that is it and will probably not go back, food not good enough to put up with other deficiencies.Special Features:
- BULLDOG1147BULLDOGDined on 9/6/2014A GREAT MENU OF TAP BEERS. NOISE LEVEL A LITTLE HIGH. FOOD WAS GOOD.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale barwineorbeerDined on 9/4/2014If you're looking for a trendy bar with delicious creative food choices, Brewology is a stop you should make. Patrons can enjoy an excellent selection of local wines or microbrewery-style beers. The select menu of high quality food offers something for everyone. The Brewology burger was a favorite at our table. Carolyn & BobSpecial Features:
- Getting better all the timeLocalJoeVIPDined on 8/30/2014This time I met the brewmaster - great guy. Great place for beer and the reinvention of "pub food" continues ...Special Features:
- ggggandggDined on 8/30/2014I love this place but I suppose everyone has an off night.The pretzels were dried out and over cooked.My husbands potatoes, that came with his syeak, were cold.We asked about it and were told the chef meant them to be cold.Cold potatoes with a hot steak I dont think so.Attention to detail people, you've only been open a few months.This is the stuff that dertermines if a restaurant will be open in 2 yrs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TrendyLmahannaVIPDined on 8/28/2014Felt like I stepped into a NYC restaurant. Small but great Craft Beer list with excellent descriptions for a beer drinking novice. Although the wait staff is very knowledgeable and helpful and allow you to taste a beer before committing. The serve them in cute beakers going along with the chemistry theme of brewology. The chef has a great menu full of different items not found at other places. I had the bbq pulled pork stuffed burger - yes it is stuffed with pulled pork! It was amazing! flavorful, juicy and a mess to eat - everything I love about a good burger. Came with homemade chipolte ketchup and fries - cannot wait to go back again for this burger. Also ordered a side of grilled veggies - pricey at $11 but good variety and very goodSpecial Features:
- Online ReservationsNopeDined on 8/27/2014Food was ok: menu is a bit limited. Drink options were great. Service: after making a reservation for 7:30 which we got to on time, we were met by the hostess at the front door only to hear that their online reservations weren't working and that we had to wait roughly 30 minutes for a table. It's a new restaurant, I get it; you have to work out the kinks. But please don't make the online reservation available on the website if you know its not working.Special Features:
- A bit of Brooklyn in eastern LIFoodieMamaDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I went to Brewology for the first time Saturday night to celebrate our anniversary. We were very impressed and look forward to going back and bringing friends. The space and its staff have a hipster Brooklyn-esque vibe, but doesn't overdo it. The acoustics make it a little louder than expected but for our age group (30s) it was fine for us. The menu is thoughtful, creative and diverse. We ordered the frogs legs, torched fig salad, the deep fried rib eye and the LI Cheese Steak, all were DELICIOUS!!!!! The beer master took the time to come to our table and talk beer with us, he was very friendly and knowledgeable. Overall we had a great experience and would recommend Brewology to anyone looking for something new and fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great beer selectionChefdjour9VIPDined on 8/12/2014Great beer selection to go with the gastropubs menu. I nice selection of salads, as well as, three different bugers to chose from. The turkey burger, being one of them, was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!!cmm29mirDined on 7/30/2014The beer and the food was great. Service was excellent. The only issue we had was with the seating. The metal chairs are EXTREMELY uncomfortable. They really need a new design team idea for the chairs.Special Features:
- The following 3 reviews are from the Brewology reviews archive.
- NomNomsVIPDined on 7/20/2014We tried brewology sunday night, excited after hearing good reviews from friends around town. It did not disappoint! The food was great, service was fantastic, and the decor was really cool. Great beer selection. We both had turkey burgers... they were not the typical flat turkey burger you'd expect. It was delicious and very filling. Oh, and you have to try the smores dessert! We are so happy that something good is finally at that location. we will definitely be back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!Susa47Dined on 7/19/2014Our first time at Brewology. The basic burger made of short ribs was beyond any burger I have ever had. My husband had the turkey burger which was equally wonderful. He also had the fig salad which he gave a ten! The staff was attentive and our overal experience will definitely bring us back to this gem very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionTalb2VIPDined on 7/18/2014Just what this area needed.... Great food, nice ambience, happy staff, happy customers...good vibes all around. The renovations and decor were really necessary to change it from the lousy dive-ish sports bar/bad burger joint to an eclectic and FUN dining experience. My food, as well as everything I saw coming out of the kitchen, was amazing. Very happy to have brewology in the neighborhood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.