295 Montauk Highway
Speonk, NY 11972Neighborhood:
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.brewologypub.com/
- Phone: 631-801-6221x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Thursday: 11:30am - 3:30pm
Dinner: Monday-Sunday: 4:00pm -11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Lia Fallon
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Brewology
Brewology is a gastropub offering craft beers with a focus on high-level American cuisine. The only thing more serious than our beer is our food. Executive Chef Lia Fallon has masterfully prepared a menu that incorporates fresh, local ingredients with a well-executed twist on modern bar cuisine. The idea is to compose a menu that will not only highlight the nuanced flavors in our craft beers but to allow these craft beers to complement the expertly executed dishes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Brewology reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (16)fit for foodies (15)good for groups (14)vibrant bar scene (13)hot spot (8)notable wine list (3)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (2)great for lunch (2)romantic (1)special occasion (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Too NoisyPattyVIPDined on 9/12/2014Fourth time at this restaurant, three out of four times service has been terrible, waiting over an hour for food. Mananger extremely apologetic but cannot make up for terrible service. Think that is it and will probably not go back, food not good enough to put up with other deficiencies.Special Features:
- BULLDOG1147BULLDOGDined on 9/6/2014A GREAT MENU OF TAP BEERS. NOISE LEVEL A LITTLE HIGH. FOOD WAS GOOD.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale barwineorbeerDined on 9/4/2014If you're looking for a trendy bar with delicious creative food choices, Brewology is a stop you should make. Patrons can enjoy an excellent selection of local wines or microbrewery-style beers. The select menu of high quality food offers something for everyone. The Brewology burger was a favorite at our table. Carolyn & BobSpecial Features:
- Getting better all the timeLocalJoeDined on 8/30/2014This time I met the brewmaster - great guy. Great place for beer and the reinvention of "pub food" continues ...Special Features:
- ggggandggDined on 8/30/2014I love this place but I suppose everyone has an off night.The pretzels were dried out and over cooked.My husbands potatoes, that came with his syeak, were cold.We asked about it and were told the chef meant them to be cold.Cold potatoes with a hot steak I dont think so.Attention to detail people, you've only been open a few months.This is the stuff that dertermines if a restaurant will be open in 2 yrs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TrendyLmahannaDined on 8/28/2014Felt like I stepped into a NYC restaurant. Small but great Craft Beer list with excellent descriptions for a beer drinking novice. Although the wait staff is very knowledgeable and helpful and allow you to taste a beer before committing. The serve them in cute beakers going along with the chemistry theme of brewology. The chef has a great menu full of different items not found at other places. I had the bbq pulled pork stuffed burger - yes it is stuffed with pulled pork! It was amazing! flavorful, juicy and a mess to eat - everything I love about a good burger. Came with homemade chipolte ketchup and fries - cannot wait to go back again for this burger. Also ordered a side of grilled veggies - pricey at $11 but good variety and very goodSpecial Features:
- Online ReservationsNopeDined on 8/27/2014Food was ok: menu is a bit limited. Drink options were great. Service: after making a reservation for 7:30 which we got to on time, we were met by the hostess at the front door only to hear that their online reservations weren't working and that we had to wait roughly 30 minutes for a table. It's a new restaurant, I get it; you have to work out the kinks. But please don't make the online reservation available on the website if you know its not working.Special Features:
- A bit of Brooklyn in eastern LIFoodieMamaDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I went to Brewology for the first time Saturday night to celebrate our anniversary. We were very impressed and look forward to going back and bringing friends. The space and its staff have a hipster Brooklyn-esque vibe, but doesn't overdo it. The acoustics make it a little louder than expected but for our age group (30s) it was fine for us. The menu is thoughtful, creative and diverse. We ordered the frogs legs, torched fig salad, the deep fried rib eye and the LI Cheese Steak, all were DELICIOUS!!!!! The beer master took the time to come to our table and talk beer with us, he was very friendly and knowledgeable. Overall we had a great experience and would recommend Brewology to anyone looking for something new and fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great beer selectionChefdjour9VIPDined on 8/12/2014Great beer selection to go with the gastropubs menu. I nice selection of salads, as well as, three different bugers to chose from. The turkey burger, being one of them, was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!!cmm29mirDined on 7/30/2014The beer and the food was great. Service was excellent. The only issue we had was with the seating. The metal chairs are EXTREMELY uncomfortable. They really need a new design team idea for the chairs.Special Features:
- NomNomsVIPDined on 7/20/2014We tried brewology sunday night, excited after hearing good reviews from friends around town. It did not disappoint! The food was great, service was fantastic, and the decor was really cool. Great beer selection. We both had turkey burgers... they were not the typical flat turkey burger you'd expect. It was delicious and very filling. Oh, and you have to try the smores dessert! We are so happy that something good is finally at that location. we will definitely be back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!Susa47Dined on 7/19/2014Our first time at Brewology. The basic burger made of short ribs was beyond any burger I have ever had. My husband had the turkey burger which was equally wonderful. He also had the fig salad which he gave a ten! The staff was attentive and our overal experience will definitely bring us back to this gem very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionTalb2VIPDined on 7/18/2014Just what this area needed.... Great food, nice ambience, happy staff, happy customers...good vibes all around. The renovations and decor were really necessary to change it from the lousy dive-ish sports bar/bad burger joint to an eclectic and FUN dining experience. My food, as well as everything I saw coming out of the kitchen, was amazing. Very happy to have brewology in the neighborhood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 0 reviews are from the Brewology reviews archive.