148 S. Barrington Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90049Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.brentwoodrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (310) 476-3511
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Monday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 12:00am; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Bruce Marder
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact restaurant.
- Private Party Contact: Kushaiah (310) 434-2478
A word from Brentwood
Brentwood Restaurant is a great spot for entertaining family, friends & clients. Horseshoe-shaped black booths line the walls of the candle-lit room giving off an inviting, comfortable feeling.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Brentwood - Best Restaurants in Brentwood ›
Brentwood reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (26)fit for foodies (15)vibrant bar scene (12)hot spot (11)romantic (10)late-night find (10)notable wine list (8)good for groups (7)special occasion (5)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Consistently greatLikebuttaVIPDined on 11/3/2014Been many times and we order different items all the time but their food is always good and interesting. The menu is pretty diversified but I love their tacos however they weren't on ther menu on our last visit. Great Veal Chops,good fish and chips, brilliant beet salad. Good room of folks made the room vibrant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Joseph W.AnggieVIPDined on 10/12/2014This lovely restaurant serves up very good comfort food. Unlike most restaurants, every item on their menu is something I would want to order. It is dark, it is cozy, and it is perfect for an intimate dinner where people can have a conversation and relax. Two big thumbs up for this place!!Special Features:
- BHDinerDined on 10/10/2014Salads were great. Chicken also. But pasta special not up to par that night which is unusual. No taste. Would go back to ordering the chicken pot pie!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always terrificKingKongVIPDined on 9/22/2014Best kept secret in LA! Mostly locals go there. Not the kind of place that young starlets boast about so not a scene, really...but, maybe that's not so bad??. The Prime NY Steak is the best in town. period. These guys KNOW MEAT! Order the side of creamed spinach and welcome to heaven!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the Best!FoodLoverDined on 9/6/2014We eat here occasionally and the food is always terrific! The service is always great and the ambiance is excellent.Special Features:
- Just a great place...RyanKVIPDined on 8/22/2014Really nice neighborhood place with great drinks, food and personable service. Nice dinner with my mother-in-law, who they treated like a queen. Great attention to detail. It's a place where everyone's tastes should be satisfied.Special Features:
- Always satisfyingrdblaVIPDined on 8/11/2014The Brentwood is the one place where you can rely on consistency in both food (as good as the best in town) and service (wait staff that appears happy, patient and upbeat without being overbearing.) Drinks are stiff, wine list is strong, selection is ridiculously broad and deep and preparations and presentation are outstanding. What more can I say? All overseen by the most laid-back and competent Maitre d'. Perfect evening always with that "Cheers" neighborhood quality.Special Features:
- Wonderful service-Always welcoming!JBinBHDined on 8/7/2014I love this place! Don't get there as often as I'd like, but always feel like a welcomed guest when I walk in. Can't say enough good things about Brentwood. Except for the noise level. The maximum choice here is "energetic." An understatement, indeed! But I'll be back!Special Features:
- Classy, upscale and FUNNicoleDined on 8/2/2014The best, unknown hot spot. Great ambience, pricey, old world, occasionally celebs show up, and some wouldn't know any of this because too many people are concerned with being in Hollywood if they want to be "hip and cool". Imho, it's a great gem to have on this side of the 405 before hitting the beach. Adam is a bartender there and very cool. I always feel like if I am going to splurge, this place is worth it. I do live nearby, but am not a homeowner in one of the many nearby mansions, just a mere renter, so it is not always within my budget, but it feels good to just walk across the street and have a swanky place to hang out when I feel like it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatMusclegirlDined on 8/1/2014Love the Brentwood: The room is nicely lit, love the rotating art collection and the eclectic music selection. The menu stays current but at the same time, they keep old favorites for all the regulars. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable about food and wine. Always a great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 223 reviews are from the Brentwood reviews archive.
- Great ambiance, oily foodluvdogsDined on 7/27/2014We have been to this restaurant several times. My pasta was extremely oily and so was my husband's fish (which was tasteless). I got a horrible stomach ache that lasted a day. The waiters are nice and the restaurant if comfortable. Not sure how soon I would try it again!Special Features:
- too loud and too expensivedineandwineVIPDined on 6/14/2014I was very disappointed with our time at Brentwood Restaurant. the service was great however the food was expensive and VERY average. It was also extremely loud in the dining room which made it very hard to hear the people at our table. The waitress even misheard my friend's order and he received the wrong meal. Thankfully the waitress was kind enough to exchange it but again- frustrating. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone dining with a party of over 4 people.Special Features:
- Always great!MakdineVIPDined on 5/29/2014Been there too many times to count. Tried the salmon for the first time and it was amazing...It's pricey at $40. But split it with my hubby and it was perfect. I always ask for a 1/2 salad, which they do on request. Never kept waiting for a reservation, always friendly and great service. Michael the maître d is the best!Special Features:
- IntimateOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/18/2014I have been here several times. The food is consistently good and the menu fairly interesting for a bar/grill. Great choice for a more intimate, date-like setting.Special Features:
- BrentwoodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/4/2014Not value received; entrees way overpriced, even for the area.
- Top QualityDaydream34Dined on 4/29/2014Wonderful dinner restaurant - excellent food and atmosphere. Great music, staff and solid delicious comfort foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE IT AT BRENTWOODNOTAHAPPYCAMPERVIPDined on 4/5/2014We just love it at BRENTWOOD I would recommend it here for the FOOD AMBIENCE and the wait staff is just wonderful!! Thanks for honoring our request for a booth too!!! WONDERFUL experience all around!!!Special Features:
- Late Night diningsheilajoyVIPDined on 3/29/2014This is a great restaurant at any time, but they service full menu late on the weekend. Wonderful for after the theater.Special Features:
- Always a fav.KingKongVIPDined on 3/5/2014Great food. These guys know meat! The waitress was attentive and pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little placeNerdanistaVIPDined on 2/25/2014The food is yummy, especially the mac and cheese, DON'T miss it! It's a great place to meet up for a drink, or a romantic dinner. The staff really takes care of you.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemRJWagDined on 2/16/2014Can't beat Brentwood. And, Michael sets the tone the minute you walk then it just gets better from there. Try the meatloaf.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite restaurant - Period!JpresskinVIPDined on 1/22/2014The cicken Parm paiilard with garlic butter pasta is spectacular as is the Jidari fried or baked chicked served with Risotto. Their Swan Depot seafood salad is generously layered with shrimp and crab ad is the best Louis salad you can experience. . Also of note ar the oven Olive oil baked baby artichokes with reggiano cheese. Save room for the chocolate bread pudding or the homemade donuts seved with two dipping sauces. Cannot get enough of ths place. This wonderful restaurant is also affiliated withB Capo in Santa Monica which also has a loyal folloeing. Be sure and make a reservation ahead of time and keep your eyes peeled for the localcelebrity clientele,Special Features:
- Food was wonderfulgwgwVIPDined on 1/19/2014We went for an early dinner, started with the steak tartar and then had the hamburger and duck tacos. All were wonderful. The dessert menu was lacking a chocolate cake but had a lot of variety if you were looking for something sweet. Service was attentive and it looked to be a popular spot as there was not a seat to be had by the time we were leaving.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointed. Food,Luv2dineVIPDined on 1/11/2014Never disappointed. Food, service, and ambiance are all great. Michael, General manager, runs this place like it's his own. Love it at The Brentwood. Already made our Valentine ressies there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great late night spot.JBinBHDined on 1/10/2014As a great cosmopolitan city is still baffles me that there is so few late night spots in LA. But this is a real gem! The ambiance is inviting. The service attentive and friendly. And the food excellent.Special Features:
- Wonderful Brentood findJpresskinVIPDined on 12/23/2013The food is great and the room is packed. Be sure and make a rez!Special Features:
- If you love Capo - This is a must!JpresskinVIPDined on 10/28/2013The food is scrumptious. We always start with the Swan Depot salad which is crab, jumbo and baby shrimp atopt shredded lettuce in a lovely loius dressing. Their house chili is superd as are thei steal carpaccio, rib eye, risotto, pasta of the day, mushroom soup, pork chops and my all time favorite: their pounded, bonless lightly fired chicken. The crust is s crispy and light and the chick n is oh so tender. Their rib eye steak is like butter. Splurge for dessert and try the warm chocolate bread pudding - OH MY! This is not an inexpensive restaurant but wonderful for a special eveing and a see and be seen atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood comfort foodMamaVIPDined on 9/29/2013The beauty of The Brentwood is it makes available just about any dish one is in the mood for. Love their Caesar salad. My husband loves the shortrib tacos. I'm a fan of the chicken pot pie, chicken burger and pork chop. Great Martini's too!
- Fine DiningTasterDined on 9/26/2013Excellent service, food and wine list with no push to leave. Good for conducting business dinner however the booths over the tables are preferred. Gets a little loud if your table is next to the bar. My out of town guests loved the local flavor and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious foodOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 9/13/2013This was my first time, and the food was delicious! We started with the squash blossoms, and I had the fried chicken. My friend had the short ribs, and we split the strawberry and rhubarb cobbler. I loved that all of the food was organic, and their cocktails were great. Since it was our first time, we got free dessert. I loved the ambience as it reminded me of old Hollywood with the dark booths. I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The only thing that marredOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2013The only thing that marred my experience was your not getting my reservation to them. I do not know if I can depend on you in the future.Special Features:
- We've lived in Brentwood forbwsetppieDined on 8/6/2013We've lived in Brentwood for years and never gone into the Brentwood. Then a friend gave us a guft certificate so we went. We LOVED it and it was nothing like we expected. The menu was diverse and everything we ordered delicious. The service was fantastic and the atmosphere made us feel like we were in New York. We are so glad we found our way there and will go back often.Special Features:
- Great food - but ......GaryVIPDined on 6/23/2013This is the second time I've been to Brentwood and food is always fantastic. They have incredible fish entrees and steaks. The service is always excellent. The wines are pretty steep in price, so you will need to choose carefully. The only issue I have with Brentwood is that the music is loud and the selection of music doesn't fit the ambience at all. It might be appropriate for the bar area, but this is such a small restaurant the music becomes overpowering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buddy Holly's not much of a waiterIntrNetterVIPDined on 6/21/2013Drinks good, but the onion rings came luke warm and had to be sent back. Bread--after asking--finally arrived, but with dinner. Not with salad, mind you. With dinner. The Caesar was sent back being, as my friend put it, "the worst salad ever." Replacement salad came with apology from maitre d' that he was given someone else's special "bland" salad. Medium temp steak sent back as too rare. No sides served with old, warmed over baked potato, so we had to ask and wait as potato got even colder. Water glasses empty? Had to ask for refills. Don't remember working so hard to get a meal since reading "The Grapes of Wrath." In sum: the most mediocre experience ever. Never going back.
- Never disappointsWilldriveforgreatmealDined on 6/1/2013Always perfect , service , food , ambiance . Romantic , just enough buzz - terrific people watching . Very fair wine list with classics and just enough hard to find thoughtful alternatives . We live in Orange County and still make the drive a few times a year the enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was a very nice, darkSterlsDined on 5/30/2013This was a very nice, dark and romantic restaurant. My date and I both enjoyed our food. We also enjoyed the ambiance of the restaurant. It was nice to be in a full and energetic restaurant where it was still quiet and dark. The food was delicious and when my date was "not in love" with one of the dishes the management was happy to comp that portion of the meal. Overall an exceptional dining experience.Special Features:
- Tried to give more stars....OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/4/2013.....but didn't work. Wonderful, lovely, grown up. Pretty noisy, however wven though we ask for the quietest table. Everything else is great. Oh, and the bar know how to pour a real drink. They don't turn it into something else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely for night out with friendsnylaDined on 4/30/2013Pleasant atmosphere, excellent service, food good enough. This is a really nice restaurant for getting together with friends. A bit too noisy the other night, though.
- Outstanding menu, and oneOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/26/2013Outstanding menu, and one of the best gourmet burgers in town!Special Features:
- Noisey but great foodBrendaDined on 4/5/2013Excellent food and great bar. The place can be very noisy however, Which makes conversation difficult, but I was so busy eating my buratta salad and delicious burger only my husband noticed the noise level.Special Features: