Brentwood Restaurant & Wine Bistro
4269 Luck Ave
Little River, SC 29566Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Brentwood Restaurant & Wine Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thebrentwoodrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8432492601
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Low Country, French, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Eric Masson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: Eric Masson 8432492601
A word from Brentwood Restaurant & Wine Bistro
Our award winning restaurant is Chef owned & operated. Chef Eric Masson welcomes you to enjoy his unique Low Country French Cuisine. Located in a 1910 historic Victorian house, The Brentwood features five elegant private dining rooms with two bars, five fireplaces, a piano bar upstairs and an impressive wine collection. This beautiful property is an ideal setting for all your small and large catering needs and can host casual or upscale wedding ceremony & reception. Open for dinner year round Monday to Saturday at 4:00 pm. Log on to our web site (www.TheBrentwoodRestaurant.com) to learn about our cooking class, Chef tasting dinner, happy hour and special menus for all major holidays.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Brentwood Restaurant & Wine Bistro - Best Restaurants in Little River ›
Brentwood Restaurant & Wine Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
110 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (95)romantic (85)fit for foodies (66)notable wine list (63)neighborhood gem (51)good for groups (26)hot spot (6)great for outdoor dining (4)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Wonderful foodsouperDined on 9/26/2014We enjoyed the food experience at Brentwood, but our seating could have been better. We were seated at a table for two between 2 tables for 4 in the bar area. So much for a romantic dinner, or private conversation. We'll go back for the food (which truly was good), but not when it's just the 2 of us.Special Features:
- MagnificentTdenteDined on 9/26/2014Terrific food, wine, staff, and service. Many specials to enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/25/2014My wife loved this place. I, however, found the duck very bland, the Merlot they recommended tasted like a Cab Franc - dreadful - and the souffle was terrible.
- great experiencejonlouieDined on 9/24/2014The menu is varied from visit to visit and good each time. Some specialty items are presentat each visit, like the escogar. Certainly recommend this place for an outstanding evening.Special Features:
- great experience at BrentwoodmercmanDined on 9/23/2014First time at Brentwood, was for anniversary and enjoyed the food and the service. I would definately go again and recommend to friends and family. The menu, while not extensive, was more than adequate the dinner was prepared as requested and the staff was both friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gemDRJMMDined on 9/20/2014It had been many years since our last visit, don't know why we waited so long. Excellent, knowlegable service. Ate upstairs where it was quiet and romantic. Food orders flowed at a good pace and the presentation was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls night out.SandraPDined on 9/19/2014My friend and I enjoy a girls night out every week. This past Friday we chose to go to the Brentwood and we were quite pleased. Our reservation was available when we arrived but we asked if they would hold the table while we went to get a drink at the bar. They did, graciously. The bar however was another story. We had to wait more than 10 minutes just to get waited on (and this is a very small bar) When our drinks arrived, mine was good but my friends was not even drinkable. That matter was resolved and we went to our table where our waiter was well informed, friendly and loaded with personality. Our meal choices were wonderful and we will definately go back.Special Features:
- Romantic gem. Great foodScottgaskinsDined on 9/17/2014The experience was fantastic. Our waiter Jimmy was excellent, professional, and very helpful. The food was excellent. Great ambience. I will definitely visit again and recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PittsburghGirlDined on 9/13/2014Small rooms provide a nice privated setting for smaller parties. Variety of appetizers, entrees etc gives one a great deal to choose from. Food is cooked correctly,never overdone or cold, and service is good. There are a variety of wines to choose from at a reasonable price. don't forget dessert - all home made and delicious. Reservations needed. While we are on vacation we make sure we get there at least once a week.Special Features:
- Awesome dining experience!clarkDined on 9/12/2014It was our anniversary. We arrived early for "happy hour" specials. The bar upstairs was filled (make sure you reserve that)so we went to the downstairs bar. Our waitress Dorothy was wonderful she took care of us from start to finish.We started off with she crab soup(to die for)and and a single cheese plate,and bread(also to die for).We moved to a table which had a small frame that said Happy anniversary ,a vase with small roses and petals and heart confetti on the table. We had the Trigger fish special which my husband said was awesome and Shrimp and scallops(Iron chef winner) that was also very good. It was a little more leeky than cheesy.We had more bread of course and there was no room for dessert.The owners husband even talked to us.Special Features:
- FishyDined on 9/10/2014Very nice restaurant! Good food and wine list. Definitely an upgrade form the Calabash Style in Myrtle BeachSpecial Features:
- Brentwood - French CuisineJeffPDined on 9/9/2014Brentwood is located about half an hour north of Myrtle Beach in a converted Victorian house well off the main road with ample free parking. We dined in the first room on the right inside the front door, which had about half a dozen tables. Two were occupied on our arrival. While comfortable it was a bit quiet and in such a small room it was hard to have a conversation without everyone else hearing. A couple who came in later, while it was just the four of us, commented that it was so quiet that they could hear us chewing. The food was very good and the service good but a bit hurried. The escargot were delicious. I had a Filet Wellington that they nicely prepared med well. My wife had a pork osso bucco that was yummy but huge.Special Features:
- Overall ReveiwncnewbieDined on 9/9/2014My meal was good, the wife's was dry and tough. Portions small, alcohol was expensive.Special Features:
- colonelDined on 9/8/2014Service was very good. Food was excellent. Only complaint would be noise level. Once other parties arrived it was difficult to hear conversation at our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014The service and waiter were excellent and reflexed a professional understanding of what the dining experience should encompass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerBruceandbonDined on 9/6/2014Everything was excellent as always. Wife had lobster, I had shrimp & scallops with angel hair. Great meal. Desserts are especially good. Our waiter Eric couldn't have been better. Friendly, attentive, perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Never disappoints.... With the addition of the very reasonably priced petit plates menu and the Friday fish specials, the Brentwood doesn't have to be your special occasion destination anymore but, rather, a "regular" dining experience. The appetizers are unique and available for happy hour prices upstairs in the bistro every evening from four until six. The escargot is to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingluvgoodfoodDined on 9/4/2014My husband and I ate here on September 4. We loved everything about this restaurant. When we were seated in the first room on the right, there were 2 couples already seated. All of us enjoyed great conversation about our food and where everybody lived while we ate dinner. I loved it! The food was amazing. I had grouper with lobster risotto and enjoyed every bite of it. My husband got the "prix fixe" with the wine option. He had Petit Filet Au Poivre. All of the wine my husband had with dinner was great. The atmosphere is great. The restaurant is in an old house with lots of character so definitely walk around and look at all the antiques etc in the house. Service was outstanding! Our waiter was very attentive. Definitely going back!Special Features:
- Never disappointsMichaelDined on 8/30/2014It was our second time to this restaurant. The first one was two years ago, and last year we could not make it. Per my wife a dinner at this restaurant well worth a 3 hr drive from Raleigh. I highly recommend their prix fixe menu. A great value and good flow thru the meal. The owner/chef Eric personally stops by each table and engages you into a conversation. Will definitely go there again.Special Features:
- Osso buccoSpecter52Dined on 8/23/2014Great setting with wonderful house wine and friendly servers. The food is ridiculously good. I recommend the Osso bucco. You can also buy their wine to go. Great unique dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrentwoodTrey723Dined on 8/22/2014It was fabulous! It was our anniversary-they greeted us with, "happy anniversary!" We were brought to a nice little table that was covered with rose petals and a framed message wishing us a happy anniversary. The food was amazing, and the service was impeccable. We totally enjoyed our evening and will return!Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnernotsureDined on 8/20/2014They decorated our table with "wedding themed" confetti and a cute framed "Happy Anniversary" card. That was a sweet touch. We knew the prices were high, but the food was only average. Dessert was wonderful.Special Features:
- JoeBDined on 8/19/2014My wife, daughter and I had dinner here on August 19, 2014. As with our prior experiences at the Brentwood, the service was excellent, as was the food. This is our favorite restaurant in the Myrtle Beach area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining at its bestthealchemistDined on 8/18/2014This restaurant is a hidden gem in Little River,S.C. Chef Eric incorporates raises local favorites to a new level. As a chef educated in France he applies many of those techniques to fresh local ingredients to provide a memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good placeEd1331VIPDined on 8/16/2014Great place for dinner all good. Been there several times,solid go to placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French Myrtle BeachkcmcDined on 8/16/2014It was fun to have dinner at a French restaurant. I believe this is the only French menu in Myrtle Beach area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wo4twoVIPDined on 8/15/2014Welcome change from the other more crowded, louder restaurants in the area. Slightly higher prices, but well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FindRickDined on 8/14/2014While at the beach for vacation, we decided to go out for a nice dinner. We didn't want fried seafood. My wife is an amazing cook, so we were looking for something special. We found it at the Brentwood Restaurant in Little River. The restaurant was unique from its decor to its selection on the menu. It was definitely not your usual "beach restaurant". The staff was friendly. It had a nice relaxed atmosphere. Our waiter was fantastic. And most of all the food was great. As you might expect, some items we tried we loved. Others, although they were good, will be replaced by new choices next time. All in all, it was a wonderful dining experience and we will definitely visit The Brentwood again when we are in that area.Special Features:
- Date NightLobWedgeDined on 8/12/2014Very good all-round experience. Delicious food from an interesting menu. The plating presentation was sometimes a little clumsy but this didn't detract from the taste. A memorable experience. Server was new, sorry can't remember his name but he was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recent dinner at the BrentwoodLovesBYOBsDined on 8/9/2014Our recent dinner at the Brentwood was nothing less than fabulous! The grouper on the nightly specials menu was simply spectacular, The service was perfect, the wine wonderful - we cannot wait to go back! We also found out while there that if we belong to the wine club - we can take our own wine as long as it is not on their wine list! A winner all around!Special Features:
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014We found this hidden gem in Little River, SC through Urban Spoon and went there for our 33 year anniversary. It was a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/9/2014We had never been to Brentwood before, nut we will go back. The good was wonderful with lots of choices and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/8/2014In a desert of fast food and all you can eat dining, the Brentwood is a culinary oasis more akin to NYC or Paris.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice!BrendaDined on 8/7/2014Very pretty. Nice menu. Very good, especially the desserts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Restaurant!PatceeVIPDined on 8/4/2014Dining at Brentwood was an outstanding experience. The food was exceptional and the service outstanding. James is a terrific server - right there when we needed him but not obtrusive or interfering. We can't wait for our next trip to the beach as it will most definitely include a meal at Brentwood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A restaurant with finesseMehersongDined on 7/31/2014The restaurant is beautiful! Coming into this lovely, old White House we see gardens and hear the sound of a brook ... We were greeted by a refined man who seemed French. The Chef is actually French! The waiter asked us if we wanted tap, still or sparkling water..and then brought a petite glass of delicious watermelon juice. The menu is varied. Petit Plats are included at a very reasonable price. For example, seafood crepes for 17 dollars that my friend said were super. My friend had duck confit which he loved ( he is very fussy). I ordered the Beef Wellington but I must say, the filet did not have much taste. It was, of course, in a puff pastry, with fingerling potatoes and a delicious sauce and some haricots vert (gr. beans) All great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- localgolferDined on 7/31/2014Great place for special occasions. The owner is very attentive to his customers. A place to eat relax and enjoy the atmosphereSpecial Features:
- Great time with friendsFoodieDined on 7/30/2014We introduced friends of ours to The Brentwood and they had a lovely time and enjoyed fabulous food. Service by James and Joe was superb. They are very attentive and ensure your dining experience is a good one. What can I say about the food. Awesome. The Brentwood is the only restaurant of its type in the area. This is the place to go when you can't face more fried sea food or another Italian restaurant. You will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealBrenda15143Dined on 7/29/2014Great meal. The pace that the courses are served allows for you to enjoy each course and to have great conversations with family. You never feel rushed. Food is carefully prepared and the service friendly and attentive. Hope you go soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BakeDined on 7/28/2014I have eaten here several times. The Wine Club dinner is great, menu unexpected and preparation and presentation very pleasing. The owner is attentive to every detail. He visits every table and makes you feel like you are a guest. The Brentwood is the first on my list of places to take guests. I can expect well prepared food, friendly attentive service and prices that don't break the bank. They have a reasonably priced children's menu with several selections. Try it for yourself you will be pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.