Brentwood Restaurant & Wine Bistro
4269 Luck Ave
Little River, SC 29566Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Brentwood Restaurant & Wine Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thebrentwoodrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8432492601
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Low Country, French, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Eric Masson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: Eric Masson 8432492601
A word from Brentwood Restaurant & Wine Bistro
Our award winning restaurant is Chef owned & operated. Chef Eric Masson welcomes you to enjoy his unique Low Country French Cuisine. Located in a 1910 historic Victorian house, The Brentwood features five elegant private dining rooms with two bars, five fireplaces, a piano bar upstairs and an impressive wine collection. This beautiful property is an ideal setting for all your small and large catering needs and can host casual or upscale wedding ceremony & reception. Open for dinner year round Monday to Saturday at 4:00 pm. Log on to our web site (www.TheBrentwoodRestaurant.com) to learn about our cooking class, Chef tasting dinner, happy hour and special menus for all major holidays.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Brentwood Restaurant & Wine Bistro - Best Restaurants in Little River ›
Brentwood Restaurant & Wine Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
107 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (91)romantic (83)fit for foodies (68)notable wine list (62)neighborhood gem (51)good for groups (28)great for outdoor dining (8)hot spot (6)scenic view (3)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Osso buccoSpecter52Dined on 8/23/2014Great setting with wonderful house wine and friendly servers. The food is ridiculously good. I recommend the Osso bucco. You can also buy their wine to go. Great unique dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrentwoodTrey723Dined on 8/22/2014It was fabulous! It was our anniversary-they greeted us with, "happy anniversary!" We were brought to a nice little table that was covered with rose petals and a framed message wishing us a happy anniversary. The food was amazing, and the service was impeccable. We totally enjoyed our evening and will return!Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnernotsureDined on 8/20/2014They decorated our table with "wedding themed" confetti and a cute framed "Happy Anniversary" card. That was a sweet touch. We knew the prices were high, but the food was only average. Dessert was wonderful.Special Features:
- JoeBDined on 8/19/2014My wife, daughter and I had dinner here on August 19, 2014. As with our prior experiences at the Brentwood, the service was excellent, as was the food. This is our favorite restaurant in the Myrtle Beach area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining at its bestthealchemistDined on 8/18/2014This restaurant is a hidden gem in Little River,S.C. Chef Eric incorporates raises local favorites to a new level. As a chef educated in France he applies many of those techniques to fresh local ingredients to provide a memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good placeEd1331VIPDined on 8/16/2014Great place for dinner all good. Been there several times,solid go to placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French Myrtle BeachkcmcDined on 8/16/2014It was fun to have dinner at a French restaurant. I believe this is the only French menu in Myrtle Beach area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wo4twoVIPDined on 8/15/2014Welcome change from the other more crowded, louder restaurants in the area. Slightly higher prices, but well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FindRickDined on 8/14/2014While at the beach for vacation, we decided to go out for a nice dinner. We didn't want fried seafood. My wife is an amazing cook, so we were looking for something special. We found it at the Brentwood Restaurant in Little River. The restaurant was unique from its decor to its selection on the menu. It was definitely not your usual "beach restaurant". The staff was friendly. It had a nice relaxed atmosphere. Our waiter was fantastic. And most of all the food was great. As you might expect, some items we tried we loved. Others, although they were good, will be replaced by new choices next time. All in all, it was a wonderful dining experience and we will definitely visit The Brentwood again when we are in that area.Special Features:
- Date NightLobWedgeDined on 8/12/2014Very good all-round experience. Delicious food from an interesting menu. The plating presentation was sometimes a little clumsy but this didn't detract from the taste. A memorable experience. Server was new, sorry can't remember his name but he was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recent dinner at the BrentwoodLovesBYOBsDined on 8/9/2014Our recent dinner at the Brentwood was nothing less than fabulous! The grouper on the nightly specials menu was simply spectacular, The service was perfect, the wine wonderful - we cannot wait to go back! We also found out while there that if we belong to the wine club - we can take our own wine as long as it is not on their wine list! A winner all around!Special Features:
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014We found this hidden gem in Little River, SC through Urban Spoon and went there for our 33 year anniversary. It was a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/9/2014We had never been to Brentwood before, nut we will go back. The good was wonderful with lots of choices and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/8/2014In a desert of fast food and all you can eat dining, the Brentwood is a culinary oasis more akin to NYC or Paris.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice!BrendaDined on 8/7/2014Very pretty. Nice menu. Very good, especially the desserts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Restaurant!PatceeVIPDined on 8/4/2014Dining at Brentwood was an outstanding experience. The food was exceptional and the service outstanding. James is a terrific server - right there when we needed him but not obtrusive or interfering. We can't wait for our next trip to the beach as it will most definitely include a meal at Brentwood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A restaurant with finesseMehersongDined on 7/31/2014The restaurant is beautiful! Coming into this lovely, old White House we see gardens and hear the sound of a brook ... We were greeted by a refined man who seemed French. The Chef is actually French! The waiter asked us if we wanted tap, still or sparkling water..and then brought a petite glass of delicious watermelon juice. The menu is varied. Petit Plats are included at a very reasonable price. For example, seafood crepes for 17 dollars that my friend said were super. My friend had duck confit which he loved ( he is very fussy). I ordered the Beef Wellington but I must say, the filet did not have much taste. It was, of course, in a puff pastry, with fingerling potatoes and a delicious sauce and some haricots vert (gr. beans) All great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- localgolferDined on 7/31/2014Great place for special occasions. The owner is very attentive to his customers. A place to eat relax and enjoy the atmosphereSpecial Features:
- Great time with friendsFoodieDined on 7/30/2014We introduced friends of ours to The Brentwood and they had a lovely time and enjoyed fabulous food. Service by James and Joe was superb. They are very attentive and ensure your dining experience is a good one. What can I say about the food. Awesome. The Brentwood is the only restaurant of its type in the area. This is the place to go when you can't face more fried sea food or another Italian restaurant. You will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealBrenda15143Dined on 7/29/2014Great meal. The pace that the courses are served allows for you to enjoy each course and to have great conversations with family. You never feel rushed. Food is carefully prepared and the service friendly and attentive. Hope you go soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BakeDined on 7/28/2014I have eaten here several times. The Wine Club dinner is great, menu unexpected and preparation and presentation very pleasing. The owner is attentive to every detail. He visits every table and makes you feel like you are a guest. The Brentwood is the first on my list of places to take guests. I can expect well prepared food, friendly attentive service and prices that don't break the bank. They have a reasonably priced children's menu with several selections. Try it for yourself you will be pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantLAM52Dined on 7/26/2014We were celebrating an anniversary and they gave us a nice table by the window. Even on a busy night we had attentive service. Food was very good. Old house provides a memorable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/26/2014Have been several times over several years and each time the food, service and ambience is wonderful. We can always count on having interesting menu choices, prepared well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- french influencejonlouieDined on 7/19/2014We read the reviews on this place and decided to try it. We were more than happy with the whole experience. Varied menu selections all well prepared. Escargot, vicyshisoi (sp), osso buco, steak and lobster tail, home breads all superb. The prices were moderate, The wine list more than adequate with good selections at various prices. The owners visited most in the dining room. A good find we will return.Special Features:
- Amazing gem!NCFoodieDined on 7/17/2014We wanted to treat some friends to a special evening and searched for just the right spot - thank goodness we found Brentwood! We made the pleasant 25 minute drive from Ocean Isle and had the best meal of the vacation. It was everything we hoped for and then some. Every dish we had was wonderful, the ambiance of the mansion is lovely, and our server (James?Joe?) really made the evening one to remember. Our friends were very impressed, and we will all be back!!Special Features:
- On vacationgidgetVIPDined on 7/15/2014Testing the waters of southern N Carolina, we were intriguided by the idea of French dining. The escargot was delicious; I require gf so I was apprehensive. The first out had bread crumbs-opps. But the server went back to the kitchen and the garlic cream sauce on my gf dish was great. The hollandaise on my grouper was perfect taste of lemon. Panna cotta with a rum sauce for dessert finished the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fit for foodiesJoanie46VIPDined on 7/12/2014Dinner was fabulous as always. The escargot was delicious as was the wild boar. The ambience always makes dining special. Looking forward to dining again at Brentwood soon.Special Features:
- Always a pleasureJamesBeardfollowerDined on 7/12/2014One of our go to restaurants when my wife did not have time to shop at the market and prepare her usually fantastic gourmet meal. This trip met our standards for exquisite food. Great chef, wonderful traditional French dishes using locally sourced produce,quiet setting. Absolutely a good little gem of a find in the Myrtle Beach area. Worth the drive to Little River.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy AnniversarySeaScapersDined on 7/10/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary at the Brentwood. We enjoyed every moment....from the friendly greeting, attentive waiter, through the decadent dessert. We didn't even realize this gem was in our back yard. We'll be back more often........not just for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always greatdeliciousDined on 7/8/2014Love the old home the restaurant is in. The food and service are always great. They added a seared tuna with seaweed to the menu...delicious. Glad I ordered it. good happy hour too well worth the visit...Keeps us coming back again and againSpecial Features:
- Not Impressedlove2eatgoodfoodDined on 7/1/2014The salad was gritty. I asked for no pepper and he still put pepper on it. The she crab soup and green tomatoes were very good appetizers. My husband got the ahi tuna and his was very good. I got the shrimp and scallops, the asparagus on it was good and the sauce with noodles was very good. The shrimp was chewy and the scallops were not cooked properly. I let my husband have some and he spit it out. I left all my shrimp and scallops on my plate and the h girl picking up dishes didn't even bother to ask why or if i wanted a to go box. Like she already knew it was nasty. It was my husband's birthday so I'm glad his was good, but no we will not be going back.Special Features:
- Grand Strand Fine Dining FindRolukVIPDined on 7/1/2014We tried the Paris 4-course menu with wines selected by the chef, starting with the cod croquette which was excellent and vicysoise. Next was a salad with a light miso dressing (the dressing was definitely on the light side for our taste, but otherwise, an ideal palate cleanser). The main courses were duck confit and beef. Both were excellent, with the duck tender and flavorful and the beef cooked to perfection. Finally, we both had a superb creme brulee. The wines picked to accompany each dish, were excellent choices. We have been meaning to go to Brentwood for several years since we live on the Grand Strand. We are delighted that we finally went. We intend returning since there were several other things on the menu we would like to try.Special Features:
- Anniversary 4 Course DinnerTStewartDined on 6/28/2014We sat upstairs in the romantic bistros area for a delicious 4 course French meal. What a gem we loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful nightEsl5Dined on 6/27/2014We tend to be a bit picked about food....at the Brentwood, we had a hard time choosing between the mouthwatering choices. I especially appreciated the "small" versions of many of the choices. I don't use many spices in my cooking, so we're often wary...but the flavor was so fresh and not overwhelming. The service was excellent and all staff was friendly and prompt. They encouraged us to walk around the restaurant which we did. It's quite lovely. We definitely have to go back to try some other dishesSpecial Features:
- Three Strikes for bad Servicemnf999Dined on 6/21/2014Nice location and expected a great experience for my wife's birthday. Instead we got a very unpleasant server. She ignored the kids. She did not review any of the specials. She gave my attitude about her lobster tail order, when my wife asked to see the menu again she replied "Oh wow" as if my wife was putting her out. The kids meal was a stuffed chicken breast, spinach and mushrooms. We spent 5 min removing the good stuff from inside so the kids would eat. Scallops and shrimp portion size small for $27. Disappointed at the service, find it ironic the place has a Best of Service Award, obviously this server was not part of that team. She made for a terrible experience. See the full review on Yelp.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great WaitstaffOktwdinerDined on 6/20/2014Our waiter was extremely attentive and glided us from our original table adjacent to a large party to a quiet table without drawing attention. Meals were excellent as were the wines. A very cozy and comfortable regular place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience.EatemupDined on 6/13/2014We have dined at the Brentwood on several occasions. Each time we have been impressed with the quality and preparation of outstanding meals. Wait staff is attentive, polite and accommodating. It's not cheap, but it's well worth it.Special Features:
- 2AustraliansDined on 6/12/2014We could not have made a better choice for a quiet celebration of our 53rd wedding anniversary. When we had to change our reservation time, we received a positive, good humored response. From the friendly greeting at the door, through courteous, but not intrusive, attention during dinner, to the final pleasure of talking with owner/ chef Erique, our evening was relaxed and enjoyable. The european atmosphere in the old house setting was a rare experience in a town where noisy, seafood restaurants abound. The menu was varied enough to accommodate all tastes, and each item had the French flair that makes food memorable. We will certainly return, not just for a special occasion, but whenever in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French food from a native FrenchmanJamesBeardfollowerDined on 6/11/2014What could be better than having your French style food prepared by a true Frenchman with classic French cooking techniques! Fantastic sauces on locally sourced fresh ingredients. Plating was visually appealing matching the complexity of the flavours found in each dish. Timing was spot on despite it being a busy night for the restaurant. Overall great find in a quaint "converted old Victorian home" setting. Definitely recommend if you know and appreciate good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RebelalDined on 6/11/2014Would just like to thank you for my self and my wife for the intimate, and romantic setting you provided for our 49th wedding anniversary dinner celebration. The food was excellent as usual as was the service. Thanks again, Al & Pattie MitchellSpecial Features: