Brenner’s Steakhouse Katy Freeway
10911 Katy Freeway
Houston, TX 77079Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Brenner’s Steakhouse Katy Freeway
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.brennerssteakhouse.com/original/
- Phone: 7134652901
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Michael Scott Castell
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Contact Tammy Nelson for special events at (713)465-2901
A word from Brenner’s Steakhouse Katy Freeway
A Houston Tradition since 1936, Brenner’s Steakhouse is known for exceptional steaks, a warm atmosphere & personalized service. We have collaborated with Mrs. Brenner to re-create such favorite dishes as German Potatoes & the incomparable Apple Strudel, while adding an Australian Rock Lobster Tail, Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes & other wonderful new items to the menu. To accompany your meal, Brenner's offers a diverse wine selection, winning the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence yearly since 2004. Brenner’s also features outside dining in an exquisite garden area, surrounded by waterfalls & a gazebo. Always the recipient of numerous culinary honors, Brenner’s was named Best Vintage Steak House by the Houston Press & Best Steak Restaurant by the Houston Business Journal.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Brenner’s Steakhouse Katy Freeway - Best Restaurants in West Side ›
Brenner’s Steakhouse Katy Freeway reviews from OpenTable diners
165 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (129)romantic (92)scenic view (90)notable wine list (64)neighborhood gem (52)good for groups (37)fit for foodies (34)great for outdoor dining (29)great for lunch (17)great for brunch (13)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (7)vibrant bar scene (6)hot spot (2)Show More
- Anniversary At BrennersOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Service was very excellent. I think our waiter John was excellent. The other wait staff were courteous and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently WonderfulKatbrownVIPDined on 8/29/2014We are never disappointed here. Everything is consistently wonderful. Our beefsteak tomato salad with Gorgonzola cheese was delicious and steaks were cooked perfectly. Desserts were decadently good as always. Try the new lemon tart--it's out of this world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Houston RestaurantMmmmgoodDined on 8/27/2014Great food and service was excellent. It's nice to see that the staff is trained to pay attention to detail. I really loved the lobster bisque best in town in my opinion. Even though Brenner's is part of a chain it didn't feel that way. We look forward to coming back and dinning there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but noisyVbaby29Dined on 8/26/2014We came for the restaurant weeks deal The food was excellent but as the restaurant became more busy the noise level went up considerably and became difficult to have a conversation without shouting.Special Features:
- Impressed the BossglobalpilotDined on 8/26/2014My manager is based in London and was visiting the Houston office this week. While he's no stranger to Houston, this was the FIRST time that he had been to Brenner's. He was absolutely pleased with the dining experience from the atmosphere, to the wine selection and on to the quality of the food. The remainder of the party were equally impressed.Special Features:
- Great, but . . . .htc33Dined on 8/25/2014Too loud for conversation. Needs sound absorption on ceiling.Special Features:
- cathyaDined on 8/24/2014They made us a special anniversary desert. It was romantinc. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience - all roundSuziQDined on 8/23/2014Very good service from all wait staff, water was refilled without having to ask. The food was prepared excellently, and presented very well. Food was hot, and had flavour. Waiter recommended several items on the menu. The table and room were very nicely decorated with everything being clean. We had a great view of their back garden with waterfall. Overall, a very special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KPC234Dined on 8/21/2014We went for Restaurant week. The food and service were great and definitely plan to go back again. The only negative was the almost 40 min wait we had for our table even though we had a reservation Would recommend to anyoneSpecial Features:
- BewilderedWierdDined on 8/21/2014The restaurant was very noisy. We were seated in a very dark corner. My glass of Pinot Grigio was disappointing, after a few sips the waiter brought me a glass of Chardonnay which was better (at no extra cost). The lettuce in my wedge salad was stale, the bleu cheese dressing disappointing, the bacon a hard stick, the diced tomatoes not fresh. To my surprise, the second fork the waiter brought me for the main course had a small spider on a web crawling all around the tines. When I showed it to the waiter, all he said was "Oh, I'll get you another one". The fried shrimp and mashed potatoes were supurb!, but there was not a hint of a veggie. A kind of weird experience.
- Romantic anniversary dinnerTriciaDined on 8/18/2014Great service, as always. They helped us celebrate our wedding anniversary, reserved the best table with a view of the beautiful landscaping, and worked with my husband to have roses on the table. The food: high quality ingredients, delicious, traditional yet great. For something unique, I recommend the "chicken fried filet mignon," which was great! I usually order the traditional filet or ribeye (which my husband ordered), but this was intriguing, and I just had to have it. I ordered extra cream gravy, and it was foodie comfort heaven! The crab cocktail, one of my favorites, as it is pure lump crabmeat with a homemade remoulade on the side, was wonderful. For a change from the crime brûlée, I tried the lemon tart for dessert--delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice, if seated in main dining roomkmbake76Dined on 8/17/2014Good food, attentive staff. Gardens are beautiful. But dining room is borderline tiny and is noisy when full. Dining in the non-main dining room is unpleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2014Out waiter acted completely put out and was not friendly. They have removed several things from the menu, which was disappointing. My husbands steak was not good and daughters fried chicken extremely dry.Special Features:
- Great SteaksLucasDined on 8/17/2014Quail appetizer was very good. Salads were good but ordinary. Steaks were outstanding, as were the sides.Special Features:
- BirthdayBirthdayDined on 8/16/2014Wonderful as always. Our new friend came in from Tyler, TX for the occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencevalgirlDined on 8/15/2014Everything was perfect. Our waitress was awesome as well as all the other employees. The bartender made the best old fashioned drink ever. The food was amazing. I will definitely be going back, thanks Brenner's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst experience ever!trendytiffDined on 8/15/2014The steak was worst than Saltgrass! I do not even have words for the service. I am in complete shock of our entire experience especially given how long the restaurant has been in business!
- always goodmjm50Dined on 8/15/2014Brenner's is always good and you never have to worry about the service. the food is always outstandingSpecial Features:
- First timersFoodie2shoesDined on 8/14/2014My wife had been wanting to go for years, finally, restaurant month got me going. The salmon and service were top notch. I liked reading about the history, wow 78 years. Dessert was delicious.Special Features:
- Can't go WrongSherryMDined on 8/14/2014This was my 2nd visit to Brenners. Absolutely some of the best food you'll ever eat. The waitstaff are amazing and attentive. Wonderful ambiance. They offer specials. Well worth a visit! Or two! Or three!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014I hadn't been there in years. Still have great steaks cooked perfectly. I really liked the back building. The hostess escorted us to our table through the garden area passed the stream. My girlfriend loved the evening out. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeVerypleasedDined on 8/13/2014I went with two girl friends for a celebration dinner. We all had the 6 oz. filet mignon and it was wonderful - juicy, flavorful and tender. We had a side of asparagus. The asparagus were large, plump and beautifully prepared. We ended the meal with two apple strudels (house specialty) and one triple chocolate dessert. Both were very good and the presentation excellent. Out waiter and waiter in training were entertaining, as well as, attentive. The garden view was beautiful. I want to take my husband back for an anniversary celebration. It was a wonderful find. Thanks to all at Brenner's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WildhogDined on 8/12/2014My wife and I celebrated our 25th anniversary at Brenners and all of the staff wished us a happy anniversary. The food was outstanding and the service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alrigth placecoseemDined on 8/9/2014Got a reservation for 9 PM. Got there, but still had to wait for 15 minutes. Visited the place for HRW. But the HRW menu was not directly offered and had to ask for it. The food was decent. Good ambiance.Special Features:
- Enjoyable experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2014This was our second "traditional" visit to Brenner's for our anniversary. Our waiter Seth was great, very attentive and provided great service. As expected, our meal was nothing short of fantastic, Brenner's without a doubt has the BEST steak dinner in town, bar none! The crab cake appetizer was outstanding, and as East coast natives, we KNOW good crab cakes! Thank you again, we'll see you next year!Special Features:
- Great as alwaysenjoyableDined on 8/5/2014Have been going for many years and it its still as great as when it way family owned - the tradition continuesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant!Txtech08Dined on 8/3/2014My husband and I were very happy with the service and food we received from Brenner's. Our waiter was absolutely outstanding. The food tasted wonderful. The atmosphere is small and quaint - perfect for a special date night. We enjoyed walking around in the beautiful gardens out back. You may also request to have secluded dining outside. I believe that you must make that request with your reservation. Loved Brenner's and plan to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most horrible customer serviceJojoDined on 8/2/2014I read many reviews about how great this place was. Our server was very rude. She had an attitude the entire time. When the table was getting cleared, she replied with "in fine dining, there is silverware everywhere". As if me and my wife have never had a nice meal in our life. Very rude and slow service when she was only taking care of 3 tables. There was also no interaction as she did with other tables. Her name was Tracy, and I vow to never eat at that place every again, and if anyone asks for a recommendation, I would rather them go to a finer establishement such as Perry's or Flemings.
- AWESOME BIRTHDAYRCRMDined on 7/27/2014I took my boyfriend here for his 50th. The service was impeccable and the food was amazing! It was just as amazing as I would have expected it to be!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatOwls93VIPDined on 7/25/2014Brenner's offers a nice scenery in the background and great service but the food was average and doesn't place on my list of top steak houses.
- FabulousBettikinsDined on 7/24/2014Brenner's never fails to impress. Classy, high quality restaurant you can count on. Steak quality is superb.Special Features:
- ImpressiveBuffaloNYDined on 7/21/2014We were visiting from out of town and traveling East on the 10. The building and landscaping attracted my attention so I goggled the name. Once I learned the history, it was a must visit. We had been looking for a genuine steak dinner and our experience exceeded expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gratitudeDined on 7/21/2014Went for my birthday and was made to fee very special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary DinnerCUBuff1981Dined on 7/17/2014We enjoyed a great anniversary dinner at Brenner's. We often go here for special occasions. The food was great, served very hot the way my wife likes and the steaks were just the right doneness. Staff was friendly and attentive. We had a nice table overlooking the beautiful garden. It's a calm, relaxing and cozy atmosphere. You forget that you are adjacent to a major highway. We've never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BbriggsDined on 7/16/2014We were seated in a back room of the restaurant, not the main dining room for some reason. It looked like a banquet area. The table for two was very small. The decor was old and dated.
- Beautiful SettingoldsteakloverDined on 7/12/2014Food was as expected. It is not the greatest steak in town but the ambience is great. Service is friendly. Love their creamed spinach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy BirthdayBirthdayDined on 7/12/2014A perfect place for a family and/or friends get togetherSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, serviceBandCDined on 7/3/2014Brenner's is a lovely restaurant. The gardens are very pretty, with numerous waterfalls. The food and service are very good.Special Features:
- Very enjoyableGoodeatingDined on 6/28/2014We wanted a special place to dine for our 45th Wedding Anniversary. We had driven past Brenner's many times and always said we wanted to go there sometime. We looked it up online, made our reservations and are so glad we did. We've already recommended Brenner's to our friends and will return for other special occasions. Thank you for a very enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedlnz001Dined on 6/27/2014They always deliver consistent excellency in their food - not overly styled food -- just straight forward - best of the best steaks, game, and fish and attentive serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.