Brenner’s Steakhouse Katy Freeway
10911 Katy Freeway
Houston, TX 77079Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Brenner’s Steakhouse Katy Freeway
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.brennerssteakhouse.com/original/
- Phone: 7134652901
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Michael Scott Castell
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Contact Tammy Nelson for special events at (713)465-2901
A word from Brenner’s Steakhouse Katy Freeway
A Houston Tradition since 1936, Brenner’s Steakhouse is known for exceptional steaks, a warm atmosphere & personalized service. We have collaborated with Mrs. Brenner to re-create such favorite dishes as German Potatoes & the incomparable Apple Strudel, while adding an Australian Rock Lobster Tail, Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes & other wonderful new items to the menu. To accompany your meal, Brenner's offers a diverse wine selection, winning the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence yearly since 2004. Brenner’s also features outside dining in an exquisite garden area, surrounded by waterfalls & a gazebo. Always the recipient of numerous culinary honors, Brenner’s was named Best Vintage Steak House by the Houston Press & Best Steak Restaurant by the Houston Business Journal.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Brenner’s Steakhouse Katy Freeway - Best Restaurants in West Side ›
Brenner’s Steakhouse Katy Freeway reviews from OpenTable diners
151 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (117)romantic (81)scenic view (72)notable wine list (54)neighborhood gem (43)fit for foodies (36)good for groups (30)great for outdoor dining (21)great for lunch (13)great for brunch (9)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014Met old friends for lunch and took advantage of their three course special. Very pleasant ambience, easy to converse. You don't go to a steak restaurant for soup but the cup of tomato basil first course was the best tomato basil I've had. Cocktails were good and the steak was cooked to perfection and accompaniments were great. Didn't try the after dinner coffees but they look great and would definitely try next time. All in all, a very pleasurable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but noisyJpm1Dined on 10/14/2014The service was impeccable. The food was good (my steak was a bit salty, but the sides were very good). The only real complaint is the noise. I couldn't hear my son across the table. If there was a way to absorb some of the ambient noise it would be an almost perfect dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatMarkVIPDined on 10/11/2014The ambiance at Brenners is very nice, intimate and cozy, although personally we enjoy a more contemporary surrounding. The steak was very good, and it melts in your mouth as you eat it (6 oz Filet). The Caesar salad was okay, but no where near a wow, in fact, disappointing. Overall, next time when looking for a steak restaurant, we will probably choose one of Landry's other establishments. But with the attentive service, and view of the bayou, I can see how many diners would enjoy this location.Special Features:
- DanteDined on 10/11/2014As usual, the food was well prepared and very good. the wine steward selected a wine which more than met my requirements. The service was very attentive. We were very satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 40th birthday celebrationQuilterDined on 10/11/2014Made 3 generations feel great-wonderful service & great food.Special Features:
- Wonderful!KateDined on 10/10/2014We had a wonderful time at Brenner's. The meal was delicious and the service was both professional and friendly. They have a beautiful outdoor area, ask for a table overlooking it. We were there celebrating a family event and it was just perfect for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sure betluvdiningDined on 10/7/2014Brenner's is always my go-to place for business lunches. Other than the music which, on this occasion, the volume was turned up too high, everything else was wonderful. The service and food were great.Special Features:
- Brenner'ssageRDDined on 10/6/2014My husband & I had a nice time @ Brenner's for our wedding anniversary. The service was great, the selection was nice, the food was delicious - no complaints here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/3/2014Steak was over cooked and not that great of a cut of meat for the price or the oldest steak house in Houston
- Long waiting despite bookingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/30/2014We booked via openTable but we got the table 45 minutes after booking timeSpecial Features:
- MeatSteaksauceDined on 9/28/2014My experience at Brenner's was a very good the family enjoyed it. My meat wasn't to my liking. I ordered a 10 oz Filet and wanted it well done it came out medium rare, I sent it back and it came back well done but now it was tough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMBUSHEDOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014Great evening to celebrate anniversary with family. Asked for moderately priced champagne and was served extremely expensive bottles without being told the price. Too embarrassed in front of family to complain at the time because we drank it. But feel that if I did not have the money to pay we would have all been washing dishes. Have dined at Brenner's for over 40 years and hate that I feel very negative about what happened.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CherieBerryDined on 9/23/2014The restaurant setting is serene with the lovely garden view. Our table by the window was prime property. The noise level began to rise and it became an issue. My thinking is the tables are a bit too close. It seemed like we were involved in the next table's conversation which was annoying. The food was perfect. My husband commented his steak was the best he had - ever!Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/20/2014We arrived at 7pm and the restaurant was about half full. Seated at a table for 2 with opposing seats in the aisle by the kitchen, dinner was already not looking good. The dining room was very loud and couldn't hear my wife across the table. Waiter arrived and we were not ready to order drinks or wine. He copped an attitude and walked off. Our service the rest of the evening was POOR at best. The food was excellent. During dinner I ordered another glass of wine and waited, and waited and waited. Ordered another glass from sommelier and waited. Then flagged manager and several glasses arrived, I only wanted 1. MORE ATTITUDE!!! Manager said he would make sure bill was corrected. It wasn't until I asked him.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Candidate dinnerPCFsDined on 9/19/2014We brought a potential candidate for employment to the restaurant to get to know him and his spouse better. They were thoroughly impressed and remarked that "this is the best steak we've ever had".Special Features:
- Brenner's reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/16/2014Great dining experience with excellent service. Always a wonderful time !Special Features:
- Go for food and service alonePenquinVIPDined on 9/12/2014The food was outstanding as always - my rib eye was cooked to my specifications and the soup du jour was dynamite. My companions would probably respond likewise if they were replying to this review. Once our server understood that we were planning to have a quiet leisurely celebration he backed off of constant hovering BUT he was right there when we wanted something without being obnoxious! This is a real plus and shows the training that the servers have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodSeekingGreatFoodDined on 9/7/2014From the lobster bisque to the tenderloin to the creme brulee, the textures and flavors were top notch and I would highly recommend it. The service was also excellent until the sales pitch at the end of the meal for their "club card" ? to use at all of their commonly owned dining establishments. Seemed a little cheesy and needy for a restaurant with food of this caliber and at this price point. The other drawback was the musty smell, dated decor and lack of intimacy sitting literally back to back with the table next to us. All of the negatives are easily overlooked because of the food and I will return over and over for that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steaks Ever!!!RinkeyDined on 9/6/2014I definitely would return to try more dishes. The Lump crabcakes were exceptional. Love this place!Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014We chose from the Distinctive Dining menu on this visit. These are just as good as the Dinner menu. I had the Soup de Jour (Zucchini/Asparagas Soup), Chicken Lorene, and the Pecan Ball. My husband had the Salad, Salmon, and the Apple Strudel. We loved everything including the wine that we allowed our waitress to choose for us. Loved the waitress...she was poised, professional and very polished. We go to Brenners for almost every special occasion. It can be a little pricey but definitely worth every single dollar. We will return again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SlowwwwwwwwwwLHD1Dined on 9/3/2014Waited 10 minutes for the table. Slow service, inexperienced waiter, unavailable when needed. Told them we were celebrating a birthday, MINE, also included on the reservation. They did nothing special. Have always loved this place, but based on this past visit, I will not be back for a long time. What is it about serving women diners? All of a sudden you are treated disrespectfully because they figure you won't tip them as well as a man? That evening it was very obvious, we were in no way demanding at all.Special Features:
- Great food, ambiance, and service.BAHFDined on 9/2/2014Brenner's Katy Freeway is one of my favorite restaurants. It is a little pricey for lunch, but not when you are doing a "special occasion" lunch. Food quality is consistently excellent and service is consistently excellent. The landscaping and water features outside provide a relaxing and pleasing backdrop for a wonderful dining experience. Consider splitting lunch entrees if there are two of you and you want to share some of the wonderful side dishes and split a tasty pecan ball (definitely enough for two). The au gratin potatoes melt in your mouth and the fish and the sauteed spinach (light oil) I ordered were prepared perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2014Our visit to Brenners was very good, we were in Houston for the wisconsin vs LSU football game and were looking for a steakhouse to take the family for a special meal. While just a little on the spendy side for deserts and drinks, the food was wonderful and worth the 35 plus dollars for a steak.Special Features:
- Excellent Fine DiningletsgoDined on 8/31/2014Excellent place for fine dining. The food is fresh and taste great. Combine with excellent customer service. The crab cakes and bread pudding are a must have.Special Features:
- Anniversary At BrennersBuzz3rdDined on 8/30/2014Service was very excellent. I think our waiter John was excellent. The other wait staff were courteous and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently WonderfulKatbrownVIPDined on 8/29/2014We are never disappointed here. Everything is consistently wonderful. Our beefsteak tomato salad with Gorgonzola cheese was delicious and steaks were cooked perfectly. Desserts were decadently good as always. Try the new lemon tart--it's out of this world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Houston RestaurantMmmmgoodDined on 8/27/2014Great food and service was excellent. It's nice to see that the staff is trained to pay attention to detail. I really loved the lobster bisque best in town in my opinion. Even though Brenner's is part of a chain it didn't feel that way. We look forward to coming back and dinning there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but noisyVbaby29Dined on 8/26/2014We came for the restaurant weeks deal The food was excellent but as the restaurant became more busy the noise level went up considerably and became difficult to have a conversation without shouting.Special Features:
- Impressed the BossglobalpilotDined on 8/26/2014My manager is based in London and was visiting the Houston office this week. While he's no stranger to Houston, this was the FIRST time that he had been to Brenner's. He was absolutely pleased with the dining experience from the atmosphere, to the wine selection and on to the quality of the food. The remainder of the party were equally impressed.Special Features:
- Great, but . . . .htc33Dined on 8/25/2014Too loud for conversation. Needs sound absorption on ceiling.Special Features:
- cathyaDined on 8/24/2014They made us a special anniversary desert. It was romantinc. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience - all roundSuziQDined on 8/23/2014Very good service from all wait staff, water was refilled without having to ask. The food was prepared excellently, and presented very well. Food was hot, and had flavour. Waiter recommended several items on the menu. The table and room were very nicely decorated with everything being clean. We had a great view of their back garden with waterfall. Overall, a very special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KPC234Dined on 8/21/2014We went for Restaurant week. The food and service were great and definitely plan to go back again. The only negative was the almost 40 min wait we had for our table even though we had a reservation Would recommend to anyoneSpecial Features:
- BewilderedWierdDined on 8/21/2014The restaurant was very noisy. We were seated in a very dark corner. My glass of Pinot Grigio was disappointing, after a few sips the waiter brought me a glass of Chardonnay which was better (at no extra cost). The lettuce in my wedge salad was stale, the bleu cheese dressing disappointing, the bacon a hard stick, the diced tomatoes not fresh. To my surprise, the second fork the waiter brought me for the main course had a small spider on a web crawling all around the tines. When I showed it to the waiter, all he said was "Oh, I'll get you another one". The fried shrimp and mashed potatoes were supurb!, but there was not a hint of a veggie. A kind of weird experience.
- Romantic anniversary dinnerTriciaDined on 8/18/2014Great service, as always. They helped us celebrate our wedding anniversary, reserved the best table with a view of the beautiful landscaping, and worked with my husband to have roses on the table. The food: high quality ingredients, delicious, traditional yet great. For something unique, I recommend the "chicken fried filet mignon," which was great! I usually order the traditional filet or ribeye (which my husband ordered), but this was intriguing, and I just had to have it. I ordered extra cream gravy, and it was foodie comfort heaven! The crab cocktail, one of my favorites, as it is pure lump crabmeat with a homemade remoulade on the side, was wonderful. For a change from the crime brûlée, I tried the lemon tart for dessert--delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice, if seated in main dining roomkmbake76VIPDined on 8/17/2014Good food, attentive staff. Gardens are beautiful. But dining room is borderline tiny and is noisy when full. Dining in the non-main dining room is unpleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2014Out waiter acted completely put out and was not friendly. They have removed several things from the menu, which was disappointing. My husbands steak was not good and daughters fried chicken extremely dry.Special Features:
- Great SteaksLucasDined on 8/17/2014Quail appetizer was very good. Salads were good but ordinary. Steaks were outstanding, as were the sides.Special Features:
- BirthdayBirthdayDined on 8/16/2014Wonderful as always. Our new friend came in from Tyler, TX for the occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencevalgirlDined on 8/15/2014Everything was perfect. Our waitress was awesome as well as all the other employees. The bartender made the best old fashioned drink ever. The food was amazing. I will definitely be going back, thanks Brenner's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.