Brenner’s Steakhouse Katy Freeway
10911 Katy Freeway
Houston, TX 77079Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Brenner’s Steakhouse Katy Freeway
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.brennerssteakhouse.com/original/
- Phone: (713) 465-2901
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Michael Scott Castell
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Contact Tammy Nelson for special events at (713)465-2901
A word from Brenner’s Steakhouse Katy Freeway
A Houston Tradition since 1936, Brenner’s Steakhouse is known for exceptional steaks, a warm atmosphere & personalized service. We have collaborated with Mrs. Brenner to re-create such favorite dishes as German Potatoes & the incomparable Apple Strudel, while adding an Australian Rock Lobster Tail, Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes & other wonderful new items to the menu. To accompany your meal, Brenner's offers a diverse wine selection, winning the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence yearly since 2004. Brenner’s also features outside dining in an exquisite garden area, surrounded by waterfalls & a gazebo. Always the recipient of numerous culinary honors, Brenner’s was named Best Vintage Steak House by the Houston Press & Best Steak Restaurant by the Houston Business Journal.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Brenner’s Steakhouse Katy Freeway - Best Restaurants in West Side ›
Brenner’s Steakhouse Katy Freeway reviews from OpenTable diners
147 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (109)romantic (76)scenic view (66)notable wine list (56)neighborhood gem (39)fit for foodies (35)good for groups (31)great for outdoor dining (17)great for lunch (13)great for brunch (7)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Great for milestone occasions!nativehoustonianDined on 11/16/2014We love celebrating special occasions here... Have been coming here forever, as my family did when I was very young. The bar is small and intimate, but perfect for a couple. Staff is also attentive without hovering. Food is always memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RebaDined on 11/11/2014We had a wonderful evening at Brenner's. The food was excellent, service impeccable, and the desserts to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceKRM0405Dined on 11/11/2014We were dining at Brenner's for a business dinner and had a great experience. Our server did a great job and the food was excellent!Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationBrendaDined on 11/11/2014We had never been to Brenner's. What a great lunch experience. The food was excellent, service was great. Our waiter didn't hover but if we needed something he was there. Would go again and will recommend.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/8/2014The evening would have been perfect if the large group at the next table had been a bit quieter. The food, service and ambiance were great!Special Features:
- Great place!StacyDined on 11/8/2014The service and food was excellent. The staff was very honest and made great recommendations. I will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect place for quiet business lunch.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/6/2014Given the quality of restaurant, it is a great place to have a quiet business lunch. Not rushed and not noisey. Other popular restaurants in the area are too loud and having to shout to be heard is no way to conduct business. Service and food were both outstanding.Special Features:
- ExcellentGCarlyDined on 11/1/2014Excellent service and food! Steaks melt in your mouth, our waiter was Adam and every good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thumbs down on steakOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014Seating in the back banquet room is no where near the ambiance of the front dining room. The freeway noise on the patio is unbareable. The crab cake Wes exceptional. The filet mignon was unacceptable - 1/2 was Medium and 1/2 was rare - and the meat was tough. In all, I won't return to this Brenners. Very disappointing. And we were entertaining out-of-town friends.
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014Steak was a little chewy not as tender as I expected. Had at the steak and lobster special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- snookDined on 10/26/2014Filet and pork were tough. My wedge salad lacked enough toppings. It was my son's birthday and nothing was done about it so we were disappointed. We have been here several times before and had really great meals. We went on a Sunday so maybe it was just an off night.
- A Houston Gem!NancyDined on 10/25/2014Great steakhouse with outstanding service. We have dined here several times and will keep coming back. The gardens are lovely!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always goodmjm50Dined on 10/24/2014Seth did an outstanding job with the services. The food is always goodSpecial Features:
- Classic Houston SteakhouseBillDined on 10/24/2014Brenner's is such a fine dinning experience, what a gem. Food is always outstanding- where will you go to find a "chicken fried" filet? Only Brenner's! Service was top notch too! Just a great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quintessential Steakhousetd23Dined on 10/23/2014Brenner's is what a top notch Steakhouse is all about! The food is outstanding. Perfectly cooked steaks, melt in your mouth. The sides are best "family style". Pick a few and share. This is the last place I know of that fits the bill of a true old school steakhouse dining experience. I suggest requesting the original dining room. It is small and intimate. Make sure to read the story on the history of the restaurant. One of my favorite places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!SlimDined on 10/22/2014Met old friends for lunch and took advantage of their three course special. Very pleasant ambience, easy to converse. You don't go to a steak restaurant for soup but the cup of tomato basil first course was the best tomato basil I've had. Cocktails were good and the steak was cooked to perfection and accompaniments were great. Didn't try the after dinner coffees but they look great and would definitely try next time. All in all, a very pleasurable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brenner's reviewvbh001Dined on 10/21/2014Very convenient to our house. Service is always great and the food is good. They have several three course fixed price meals that are quite reasonable. Lovely view at windows and at other tables the ambience is fine. We enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:
- Nice but noisyJpm1Dined on 10/14/2014The service was impeccable. The food was good (my steak was a bit salty, but the sides were very good). The only real complaint is the noise. I couldn't hear my son across the table. If there was a way to absorb some of the ambient noise it would be an almost perfect dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatMarkVIPDined on 10/11/2014The ambiance at Brenners is very nice, intimate and cozy, although personally we enjoy a more contemporary surrounding. The steak was very good, and it melts in your mouth as you eat it (6 oz Filet). The Caesar salad was okay, but no where near a wow, in fact, disappointing. Overall, next time when looking for a steak restaurant, we will probably choose one of Landry's other establishments. But with the attentive service, and view of the bayou, I can see how many diners would enjoy this location.Special Features:
- DanteDined on 10/11/2014As usual, the food was well prepared and very good. the wine steward selected a wine which more than met my requirements. The service was very attentive. We were very satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 40th birthday celebrationQuilterDined on 10/11/2014Made 3 generations feel great-wonderful service & great food.Special Features:
- Wonderful!KateDined on 10/10/2014We had a wonderful time at Brenner's. The meal was delicious and the service was both professional and friendly. They have a beautiful outdoor area, ask for a table overlooking it. We were there celebrating a family event and it was just perfect for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sure betluvdiningDined on 10/7/2014Brenner's is always my go-to place for business lunches. Other than the music which, on this occasion, the volume was turned up too high, everything else was wonderful. The service and food were great.Special Features:
- Brenner'ssageRDDined on 10/6/2014My husband & I had a nice time @ Brenner's for our wedding anniversary. The service was great, the selection was nice, the food was delicious - no complaints here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/3/2014Steak was over cooked and not that great of a cut of meat for the price or the oldest steak house in Houston
- Long waiting despite bookingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/30/2014We booked via openTable but we got the table 45 minutes after booking timeSpecial Features:
- MeatSteaksauceDined on 9/28/2014My experience at Brenner's was a very good the family enjoyed it. My meat wasn't to my liking. I ordered a 10 oz Filet and wanted it well done it came out medium rare, I sent it back and it came back well done but now it was tough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMBUSHEDOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014Great evening to celebrate anniversary with family. Asked for moderately priced champagne and was served extremely expensive bottles without being told the price. Too embarrassed in front of family to complain at the time because we drank it. But feel that if I did not have the money to pay we would have all been washing dishes. Have dined at Brenner's for over 40 years and hate that I feel very negative about what happened.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CherieBerryDined on 9/23/2014The restaurant setting is serene with the lovely garden view. Our table by the window was prime property. The noise level began to rise and it became an issue. My thinking is the tables are a bit too close. It seemed like we were involved in the next table's conversation which was annoying. The food was perfect. My husband commented his steak was the best he had - ever!Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/20/2014We arrived at 7pm and the restaurant was about half full. Seated at a table for 2 with opposing seats in the aisle by the kitchen, dinner was already not looking good. The dining room was very loud and couldn't hear my wife across the table. Waiter arrived and we were not ready to order drinks or wine. He copped an attitude and walked off. Our service the rest of the evening was POOR at best. The food was excellent. During dinner I ordered another glass of wine and waited, and waited and waited. Ordered another glass from sommelier and waited. Then flagged manager and several glasses arrived, I only wanted 1. MORE ATTITUDE!!! Manager said he would make sure bill was corrected. It wasn't until I asked him.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Candidate dinnerPCFsDined on 9/19/2014We brought a potential candidate for employment to the restaurant to get to know him and his spouse better. They were thoroughly impressed and remarked that "this is the best steak we've ever had".Special Features:
- Brenner's reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/16/2014Great dining experience with excellent service. Always a wonderful time !Special Features:
- Go for food and service alonePenquinVIPDined on 9/12/2014The food was outstanding as always - my rib eye was cooked to my specifications and the soup du jour was dynamite. My companions would probably respond likewise if they were replying to this review. Once our server understood that we were planning to have a quiet leisurely celebration he backed off of constant hovering BUT he was right there when we wanted something without being obnoxious! This is a real plus and shows the training that the servers have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodSeekingGreatFoodDined on 9/7/2014From the lobster bisque to the tenderloin to the creme brulee, the textures and flavors were top notch and I would highly recommend it. The service was also excellent until the sales pitch at the end of the meal for their "club card" ? to use at all of their commonly owned dining establishments. Seemed a little cheesy and needy for a restaurant with food of this caliber and at this price point. The other drawback was the musty smell, dated decor and lack of intimacy sitting literally back to back with the table next to us. All of the negatives are easily overlooked because of the food and I will return over and over for that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steaks Ever!!!RinkeyDined on 9/6/2014I definitely would return to try more dishes. The Lump crabcakes were exceptional. Love this place!Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014We chose from the Distinctive Dining menu on this visit. These are just as good as the Dinner menu. I had the Soup de Jour (Zucchini/Asparagas Soup), Chicken Lorene, and the Pecan Ball. My husband had the Salad, Salmon, and the Apple Strudel. We loved everything including the wine that we allowed our waitress to choose for us. Loved the waitress...she was poised, professional and very polished. We go to Brenners for almost every special occasion. It can be a little pricey but definitely worth every single dollar. We will return again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SlowwwwwwwwwwLHD1Dined on 9/3/2014Waited 10 minutes for the table. Slow service, inexperienced waiter, unavailable when needed. Told them we were celebrating a birthday, MINE, also included on the reservation. They did nothing special. Have always loved this place, but based on this past visit, I will not be back for a long time. What is it about serving women diners? All of a sudden you are treated disrespectfully because they figure you won't tip them as well as a man? That evening it was very obvious, we were in no way demanding at all.Special Features:
- Great food, ambiance, and service.BAHFDined on 9/2/2014Brenner's Katy Freeway is one of my favorite restaurants. It is a little pricey for lunch, but not when you are doing a "special occasion" lunch. Food quality is consistently excellent and service is consistently excellent. The landscaping and water features outside provide a relaxing and pleasing backdrop for a wonderful dining experience. Consider splitting lunch entrees if there are two of you and you want to share some of the wonderful side dishes and split a tasty pecan ball (definitely enough for two). The au gratin potatoes melt in your mouth and the fish and the sauteed spinach (light oil) I ordered were prepared perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2014Our visit to Brenners was very good, we were in Houston for the wisconsin vs LSU football game and were looking for a steakhouse to take the family for a special meal. While just a little on the spendy side for deserts and drinks, the food was wonderful and worth the 35 plus dollars for a steak.Special Features:
- Excellent Fine DiningletsgoDined on 8/31/2014Excellent place for fine dining. The food is fresh and taste great. Combine with excellent customer service. The crab cakes and bread pudding are a must have.Special Features: