Brennan's of Houston
3300 Smith Street
Houston, TX 77006Neighborhood:
Midtown / Montrose
Creole / Cajun / SouthernPrice: $31 to $50
Brennan's of Houston
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.brennanshouston.com/
- Phone: 7135229711x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday: 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM, Sunday: 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:45 PM- 10:00 PM
Jackets Preferred - NO Shorts, Flip-Flops, Torn Jeans, Beach Wear or Athletic Wear will be Seated
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Creole / Cajun / Southern
- Executive Chef: Danny Trace
- Dress Code: Jacket Preferred
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We know that each event is special and at Brenan’s, our mission is to make your event a great memory.
From 10-150, we offer several dining rooms to accommodate your party size as well as full restaurant buy-outs.
Ballroom-seats up to 160: One of Houston's oldest and most distinguished private party settings which may be divided into 3 smaller rooms.
Little Room-seats up to 18: Great for an intimate group.
Solarium-seats up to 40: Whimsical design perfect for casual luncheon.
Courtyard Balcony-seats up to 30: Beautiful view of the Courtyard can be enjoyed from every table in this second floor dining room.
Wine Room-seats up to 30: An elegant second floor working wine room.
John Staub-seats up to 36: Named after the building's famed architect, this cozy room enjoys a fireplace and outdoor views.
Terms of Endearment-seats up to 30: Named after the movie which was filmed in part here.
- Private Party Contact: Nicole Wilker 7135353380x
- Entertainment: For weekend diners, Brennan’s Creole Jazz Brunch remains a four-star tradition among Houston's Sunday brunch enthusiasts. The air is filled with an abundance of tantalizing jazz music and the fragrance of fresh flowers; southern mainstays and twists on classic favorites are graciously served in sun-filled dining areas.
A word from Brennan's of Houston
Since our 1967 opening as a sister restaurant to the world-famous Commander’s Palace in New Orleans, Brennan's of Houston has evolved into the city's premier destination for memorable dining served with true Southern hospitality.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Brennan's of Houston - Best Restaurants in Midtown / Montrose ›
Brennan's of Houston reviews from OpenTable diners
310 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (239)romantic (196)great for brunch (151)fit for foodies (146)notable wine list (114)great for lunch (90)good for groups (83)neighborhood gem (70)great for outdoor dining (51)hot spot (22)scenic view (18)vibrant bar scene (13)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (6)Show More
- Still as great as in the pastRWH123VIPDined on 8/31/2014This is a gem that never goes out of style. Great service. Excellent food. Wish we could go weekly instead of for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had come to expect betterbulterTDined on 8/31/2014We did not like the windowless wine room. I was told they did not have my reservation. food was cold by the time it reached our table. We waited 30 minutes for the check, even after I had requested the check.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014My husband and I dined at Brennan's with our friends to celebrate our 40th anniversary. We enjoyed the entire experience since it has been over 30 years since we were there. The couple that dined with us were equally pleased with everything. The food and the wait staff were excellent. The one minor comment I would add is I wish the bread had been warm, but that did not take away from our entire experience. Also, the band was an added touch that made it more enjoyable. We do plan to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy groupsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Sadly, no attempt was made to quiet noisy groups of people who never learned how to behave in a fine restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tradition ContinuesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014I've never been disappointed at Brennan's. The food iand service are always outstanding. You can't go wrong ordering the turtle soup and Bananas Foster. My only minor complaint was that we were seated upstairs in a fairly sterile room. I prefer to eat downstairs in the main dining room for the ambiance.Special Features:
- First time patronOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014I have heard only good things about this restaurant in the past few years. I am so glad that I was able to finally try this fine establishment for myself. I was greeted by the hostess as soon as I stepped inside and was shown where my table was located as I arrived about half an hour early and I decided to sit in the bar area and wait for my guests to arrive. I had a breath-taking view of the outside courtyard while I waited. Our server, Ryan, was the best. I look forward to dining here again in the near future. (the pecan pralines are DELICIOUS).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014We visited for brunch during Restaurants Weeks and had not only a marvelous meal but a wonderful experience as well. Our wait staff was impeccable and allowed us time to enjoy a leisurely paced meal. We asked to look around a bit and were give a delightful tour after our meal. I highly recommend the wing back chairs, they are quite comfortable. My husband has never, I repeat never, spent 2 hours on a meal before. But 2 hours later he emerged from Brennan's smiling and saying what a wonderful, relaxing experience it was. There is hope for him yet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was OUTSTANDINGBWnTXDined on 8/29/2014Ordered from the HRW menu, which is an exceptional value. Filet Mignon's and Chicken entrees were delicious. Guests favorite - the famous Banana's Foster! Excellent dining experience had by all!Special Features:
- JamesDined on 8/29/2014Every bit as good as the original New Orleans location!Special Features:
- Glad it was only lunch they ruinedhb01VIPDined on 8/29/2014Had to ask for a valet ticket then they couldn't find the car when leaving. Inside, had to ask for right menus and give them back the dessert menus. Had to tell them what they brought was not what we ordered then wait with one person already served. Food was dry, fishy and the oysters were not flushed well. Everything was overcooked and over salted. Really poor considering their history. Brennan's is off my list.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014This place is great I loved the ambiance. Did not like having to dine upstairs not user friendly for elderly or handicap. Did have hair in food but wait staff was gracious and apologetic. Would dine there again.Special Features:
- Great lunchPeggyDined on 8/28/2014Last week I had the turtle soup and grill added and grits from the restaurant week menu. This week I tried the green salad and the salmon for the restaurant week menu. All were delicious! Today I tried the Mississippi Mud pie and it is decadent! Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BiscuitDined on 8/27/2014Very disappointed in filets, 3 of us had them and they were all very tough, not the quality we have become accustomed to at Brennan's. the rest of the meal was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kids Chicken Finger:RaeRaeDined on 8/27/2014The kids chicken fingers, french fries and apple juice was over priced for a child. My daughters food cost as much as mine. We could have ordered a regular entree' for her because what we paid and the small portions was high way and consider it as robbery. Horrible to over price a child's meal as such. If I have to bring my daughter with me in the future, we will not return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DininGemDined on 8/26/2014Brennan's is a long-standing tradition in Houston, and despite some unforeseen events, has managed to stay among the top restaurants in town. We recently confirmed the high quality of his place. The turtle soup remains outstanding as is the escargots in crepes. My boneless ribey was superb, although my wife's filet remained rare even after sending it back to the kitchen to get to "medium-rare". Desserts were excellent, and they accommodated our special wishes with a smile. Certainly worth a return!Special Features:
- an awesome 1st experience!eatalldayandnight247Dined on 8/26/2014garlic bread was off da chain! turtle soup was actually very tasty. filet mignon was good, but that bananas foster and bread pudding was a done deal - foreals! only regret was...we should have came sooner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great all around!GulliverVIPDined on 8/26/2014True to Brennan family hospitality. Lovely birthday lunch for a lovely lady.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finest of Houston's Fine DiningjcaynonDined on 8/25/2014Brennan's is fine dining at it's finest. It sets the standard by which I judge other high end restaurants. The food is excellent and the staff is helpful and knowledgable without being intrusive. I suggest the turtle soup (with sherry) and... anything else on the menu. I have never had a bad meal there. If the cost is prohibitive, try them during Houston's Restaurant Weeks. You get the Brennan's experience at a fraction of the cost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Orleans in HoustonOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/24/2014Fabulous tasting food with excellent service combined with one of Houston's only dress code enforced resturant. The Bannana's Foster is amazing and baked at the table!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed my birthday brunchFoodieforHTXDined on 8/24/2014Hosted 8 friends at Brennans for my birthday brunch. It was PErfect!Special Features:
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/24/2014As always, the service and food are excellent. Even during busy brunch times, Brennan's will not dissapoint you!Special Features:
- Brennan's BrunchBryanCDined on 8/24/2014As always Brennan's fair is fantastic, can't beat the wonderful selection, and impressive staff! 5 stars!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING!JJinDCVIPDined on 8/23/2014Wonderful atmosphere! Food was superb! It was my first time there and it was a delightful experience.Special Features:
- Bad date nightBirthdaybunchVIPDined on 8/23/2014My husband and I were sat in a room full of kids and people dressed inappropriately. The room had zero ambiance. The wait staff was average at best. Food was good.
- Best Service!!!PickyEaterDined on 8/23/2014We had the most amazing food and service this past Saturday night (8/23/14). We made reservations for 5 people at 6:15, but arrived early and enjoyed a cocktail at the bar. No wine/drink menu was offered to us, but we found one. We had a delicious house merlot! The food was fantastic, but the service was the best around. William took care of us and answered any questions we had. We didn't feel rushed throughout our meal and enjoyed a couple of cups of coffee with our dessert at the end of the evening. It was a perfect way for us to finish off Houston Restaurant Weeks!Special Features:
- Fine DiningFoodie4everDined on 8/22/2014My first visit to Brennan's even though I've been in Houston 30 yrs. Not a big fan of heavy sauces, so I was delighted that the corn & okra served with salmon was light & flavorful. Each morsel cooked to perfection. Perfectly seasoned. Outstanding, attentive service. Food served at perfect temperature. 3 course HRW menu was delightful. Including recommended 'libation'. 7 Veils - dont let the smooth taste fool ya'! I will definitely go back. Its pricey though, so only for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gemJustMeDined on 8/20/2014One the most pleasant meals one could ask for. Waiter was outstanding. Food was great. It could not have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointsnativehoustonianDined on 8/20/2014Brennan's is a Houston tradition. Although I'm not a regular there, it has been a special place that holds important memories. My first Brennan's experience was with my mother when I was a senior in high school in 1967. It was a special mother-daughter outing. Many years later, my husband and I celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary there. This time, it was our 42nd anniversary, and Brennan's was our choice. It's very special and never disappoints. Great food, woderful service, incomparable atmosphere.Special Features:
- Beautifullelahia714Dined on 8/19/2014Beautiful restaurant and amazing food. Dessert was divine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceLouisiana1981Dined on 8/19/2014Superb!! Service was excellent and the food was awesome! I highly recommend this resturant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurantJlouviereDined on 8/18/2014Excellent food, Wine List, Service and Atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ServiceMaxamillionDined on 8/18/2014What stood out to me most are the attentive and friendly waiters. I'm looking at you, Thomas and Josh. The turtle soup was amazing and my filet mignon was prepared perfectly to my liking. The banana foster was mouth watering!Special Features:
- BrennansOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014We went for a romantic dinner, and it was. The lighting was low and the ambience was quiet and refined. My husband got a flounder dish, but the plate came with red fish, and the fish was undercooked. Brennan's comped off his meal, dessert and soup!! They even admitted that the fish was red fish (they had run out of flounder and our server didn't know) and they admitted it was undercooked. It actually felt good not to be lied to, or made to think it was something we did or said......We love Brennans and always have, we would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Wonder upscale restaurant!RogerDoger555Dined on 8/17/2014Came here for our 1yr anniversary and the evening was nothing but perfect. The service was top notch and the servers took care of us, spoke with us about the lovely town of Houston! Good was fresh and had great presentation! They even made us a plate of praline cookies for our anniversary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st visitBD74Dined on 8/17/2014Atmosphere is good, everyone dressed nicely. Food not so impressive, good but not impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great overall experienceClosetfoodieDined on 8/17/2014The food and service were excellent. We arrived at the perfect time of day, just before the dinner rush. The experience was intimate and cozy. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch at Brennan'sreviewVIPDined on 8/17/2014Brennan's has always been one of my favorite restaurants and it continues to be! We loved our food, service and ambience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Brennan'sAllisonDined on 8/17/2014I don't get to visit Brennan's often, but thanks to Houston Restaurant Weeks, I got to enjoy turtle soup again.Special Features:
- Perfect for Sunday Brunch!FoodieInTrainingVIPDined on 8/17/2014This restaurant not only has delicious food and excellent service, but it has a fun atmosphere and is perfect for brunch. They cook the bananas foster table side for dessert and they have musicians that come around and sing songs for special occasions or just to bring a smile to your face. Highly recommend for a nice brunch or special occasion!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Houston Restaurant Week BrunchEyeingDined on 8/17/2014Terrific Sunday morning brunch, ambience, food, service and all, including complimentary pralinesSpecial Features: